Jump to content
NIKIZ

3 Stupid things that make apb less enjoyable.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Luminesca said:
Damn, people play the game for it’s intended purpose, damn tryhards.
It’s 2018 why can’t we all be winners, waaaah.
yeah though when someone uses opgls or a rocket launcher or an hvr....

i sigh and pull out my hvr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2018 at 12:38 AM, Verixonsen said:
Snip
Look, what you consider "inbalances" are not inbalances at all because it requires careful planning and thinking to actually use them effectively. And just as is with the mods criticised in this thread they give you an option of how to play that differs from the way the standard mission plays and thereby bring diversity into the game - as opposed to having every mission work out similarily purely based on the weapons you bring.
What you consider "trolling" is actually an obstacle that you have to overcome - and if RD works more than 1 time on you (it shouldn't even work the first time without the user blowing themselves up to be honest) you only got yourself to blame.
 
On 7/19/2018 at 12:38 AM, Verixonsen said:

I noticed a lack of apb players wanting the game to change, or having thing balanced generally.

YES, because:
1. Usually those suggestions/requests are made by persons who find themselves uncapable of dealing with said features purely because they are lacking in skill or experience.
2. Usually the "balancing" they request is to bring said feature down to their expectations and capabilities - as opposed to growing up to them.
3. "Balancing" is like taking spice out of the game and you will find that the game is well balanced as is, there are countermeasures to anything a player throws at you - you just need to apply them correctly.
 
On 7/19/2018 at 12:38 AM, Verixonsen said:

And this game is faaaaaar from balanced, why do you think 90% of people use ntac? Because it is over all the best current assault rifle. Look at the yukon, (I have the yukon.) that thing is still bugged and broken af. Fasted ttk, only problem with it is it shoots too fast for it's mag size. There are a lot of balance problems plaguing this game.  You just have to open your eyes. And one last balance problem the nhvr, that thing makes uses dmr's pointless as it does what dmr does but better in every way.


90% (that is a bullshoot percentage btw, i don't know where you are playing but i can assure that number is flawed just by playing on Citadel's silver and bronze districts where you will see a lot more specialisation than 90% N-Tec....aaaaanyway) 90% of people use N-Tec because it is the only thing they can afford with reasonable allround performance. It must be the same "90%" by the way that keep complaining constantly about HVR and "P2W" since those are usually what brings them down eventually (P2W in this case PMG and OCA reskins), not to mention all the other "unbalanced weapons" played correctly in their niche like the Obir or the JSG.
And yes the Yukon is OP asf (not unconquerable though), and we all know it was never intended to stay that way - don't we 😄
So, here is the reason why i personally despise calls for balance nerfs (or buffs), and the removal of mods or features in general.

Oh, the DMR is actually way better than the HVR because:
1. It doesn't force you to sit out opponents firing at you
2. It destroys vehicles in no time
3. It can stun!!!
4. It allows quickswitch
5. You get no salty whispers 🙂 Edited by Sniperturtle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Luminesca said:
Damn, people play the game for it’s intended purpose, damn tryhards.
It’s 2018 why can’t we all be winners, waaaah.
Cause it's boring

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 things i find discusting in apb are the following:

1. Server Lags

2. Driving my vegas into a phonebox and blowing up while Server Lags causing it

3. Running across the street, Server Lag is causing NPC's to relocate them, who then running me over

FeelsLagMan

Have a nice weekend 🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is more salty than my own threads and trash-talks, even one of my trash talk threads made Matt Scott laugh. but this is going nowhere tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can sort of agree about Radar Tower but at the same time it's nice because it means the person isn't using Car Spawner so I don't think I'd want to see it touched.

Now, onto the REAL ISSUE WITH APB

EStLYcc.png

Where is the option for PERMANENT??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2018 at 7:15 AM, Sniperturtle said:
Look, what you consider "inbalances" are not inbalances at all because it requires careful planning and thinking to actually use them effectively. And just as is with the mods criticised in this thread they give you an option of how to play that differs from the way the standard mission plays and thereby bring diversity into the game - as opposed to having every mission work out similarily purely based on the weapons you bring.
What you consider "trolling" is actually an obstacle that you have to overcome - and if RD works more than 1 time on you (it shouldn't even work the first time without the user blowing themselves up to be honest) you only got yourself to blame.
  YES, because:
1. Usually those suggestions/requests are made by persons who find themselves uncapable of dealing with said features purely because they are lacking in skill or experience.
2. Usually the "balancing" they request is to bring said feature down to their expectations and capabilities - as opposed to growing up to them.
3. "Balancing" is like taking spice out of the game and you will find that the game is well balanced as is, there are countermeasures to anything a player throws at you - you just need to apply them correctly.
 
90% (that is a bullshoot percentage btw, i don't know where you are playing but i can assure that number is flawed just by playing on Citadel's silver and bronze districts where you will see a lot more specialisation than 90% N-Tec....aaaaanyway) 90% of people use N-Tec because it is the only thing they can afford with reasonable allround performance. It must be the same "90%" by the way that keep complaining constantly about HVR and "P2W" since those are usually what brings them down eventually (P2W in this case PMG and OCA reskins), not to mention all the other "unbalanced weapons" played correctly in their niche like the Obir or the JSG.
And yes the Yukon is OP asf (not unconquerable though), and we all know it was never intended to stay that way - don't we 😄
So, here is the reason why i personally despise calls for balance nerfs (or buffs), and the removal of mods or features in general.

Oh, the DMR is actually way better than the HVR because:
1. It doesn't force you to sit out opponents firing at you
2. It destroys vehicles in no time
3. It can stun!!!
4. It allows quickswitch
5. You get no salty whispers 🙂
1. Usually those suggestions/requests are made by persons who find themselves uncapable of dealing with said features purely because they are lacking in skill or experience. This is not the reason for the post.

Just saying i have no trouble with the mods in gameplay wise but it's just a pain in the patootie to deal with. The retards that are still trying to abuse the mechanics of the mods usually have 5 iq and fail at getting a cheap kill.  Edited by NIKIZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2018 at 7:20 PM, Fennel said:
yeah though when someone uses opgls or a rocket launcher or an hvr....

i sigh and pull out my hvr
I drive up and blow us up into a fiery hell if possible
So much more satisfying lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2018 at 2:27 AM, NIKIZ said:
Car detonator
Why is this in the game i have no clue nobody asked for it and it was just put in the game okay. It just makes the game-play less enjoyable and it's just a cheap way of killing someone and the way you can activate it again the cool down is a joke. You can also activate it after you died that makes no sense.

Spotter
In my opinion this one is just plain broken. It gives the enemies literary Wall-hack for a long period of time and the worst of all you don't know if you are spotted or not. This is very overpowerd if you are having a "corner" fight or someone that runs back in but tries to juke by peaking again but hey you already know he is coming back and just prefire him down. This is very overpowered when playing in a team. It's just a temporary wall hack lets call it that.

Radar Tower
To disable a car with radar it takes mostly 2 nades and a mag or 2 depends what gun. Well since everyone that uses radar has a 4 slot super tank Vegas or a Pioneer super tank most of the time. It's just "insert sickness' to deal with.

This is my thought about these mods they just ruin the game play IMO. 
Car Detonator - Yes, it is a weird and dumb mod which sadly exists in the game. Nobody asked for it, nobody wanted this and we got it anyway for some reason. I guess it was to bring content into the game. Either way, its a modification which rewards cheap plays and gives people another way to just play lame. Also on top of that, I believe the cooldown of the Remote Det is 10 seconds? Which means you could just respawn on a Gas Station and use Brick mod for your car and send in a nuke. And repeat. In other words. Please remove it.

Spotter - Increase cooldown to 2 minutes like the Ammo Supplier. I think it is 1 minute 30 sec or 45 sec? Depending on if you have premium or not. Also, they should make it so the player who gets spotted knows if they are spotted or not. Just like the weapon mod "Tagger".

Radar Tower - The original dev team wanted to make cars more usable for missions and make them have more impact on how a mission would turn out. Sadly, this came along with car spawners aswell, making the spawn system even more unbalanced. I dont want to call it broken. Removing Radar Tower and the Car spawner will make gameplay better, imo. Does that mean we have to use ammo supplier in our cars? No, you dont need to use blue mods then. Which makes cars not have that big of an impact on missions.

Cars should be used for transport of items or players. Edited by ExoticZ
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ExoticZ said:
Car Detonator - Yes, it is a weird and dumb mod which sadly exists in the game. Nobody asked for it, nobody wanted this and we got it anyway for some reason. I guess it was to bring content into the game. Either way, its a modification which rewards cheap plays and gives people another way to just play lame. Also on top of that, I believe the cooldown of the Remote Det is 10 seconds? Which means you could just respawn on a Gas Station and use Brick mod for your car and send in a nuke. And repeat. In other words. Please remove it.

Spotter - Increase cooldown to 2 minutes like the Ammo Supplier. I think it is 1 minute 30 sec or 45 sec? Depending on if you have premium or not. Also, they should make it so the player who gets spotted knows if they are spotted or not. Just like the weapon mod "Tagger".

Radar Tower - The original dev team wanted to make cars more usable for missions and make them have more impact on how a mission would turn out. Sadly, this came along with car spawners aswell, making the spawn system even more unbalanced. I dont want to call it broken. Removing Radar Tower and the Car spawner will make gameplay better, imo. Does that mean we have to use ammo supplier in our cars? No, you dont need to use blue mods then. Which makes cars not have that big of an impact on missions.

Cars should be used for transport of items or players.
Rem Det effectively has no cooldown since its only 1 second. But personally I dont mind it as I feel like dying to remote det is my fault since I'd be aware the enemy has it. 
Spotter should be visible to opp, but I think the cooldown is fine.
I feel the same about radar tower as I do mobile spawn... If you leave them in play, thats on you. For that reason I dont think they are a problem. 

All opinion of course  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
Rem Det effectively has no cooldown since its only 1 second. But personally I dont mind it as I feel like dying to remote det is my fault since I'd be aware the enemy has it. 
Spotter should be visible to opp, but I think the cooldown is fine.
I feel the same about radar tower as I do mobile spawn... If you leave them in play, thats on you. For that reason I dont think they are a problem. 

All opinion of course  
I mean it's fine if you have to take them out and all but the cars are buffed the oblivion. You need 2 frags and a mag or 2 depending gun to disable a car aka 4x4 and a pioneer and same goes to car spawners. I wouldn't mind if they revert the car buff because with out premium you have to wait 4 minutes before you can resupply and i am quickly out of those boxes you can trow down to resupply nades. And destroying a car with a gun takes shit load of ammo and a lot of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NIKIZ said:
10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
Rem Det effectively has no cooldown since its only 1 second. But personally I dont mind it as I feel like dying to remote det is my fault since I'd be aware the enemy has it. 
Spotter should be visible to opp, but I think the cooldown is fine.
I feel the same about radar tower as I do mobile spawn... If you leave them in play, thats on you. For that reason I dont think they are a problem. 

All opinion of course  
I mean it's fine if you have to take them out and all but the cars are buffed the oblivion. You need 2 frags and a mag or 2 depending gun to disable a car aka 4x4 and a pioneer and same goes to car spawners. I wouldn't mind if they revert the car buff because with out premium you have to wait 4 minutes before you can resupply and i am quickly out of those boxes you can trow down to resupply nades. And destroying a car with a gun takes shit load of ammo and a lot of time.
I use the consumable ammo box personally, or the car mod even. 

When people complain about car mods, they are likely just unwilling to adapt their loadouts and playstyle.  Edited by CookiePuss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CookiePuss said:
I use the consumable ammo box personally, or the car mod even. 

When people complain about car mods, they are likely just unwilling to adapt their loadouts and playstyle. 
Yeah but i am running out of those boxes quikly bruv. If they added a shop where you could just mass buy them would be great. And using the consumable ammo for cars are just way to inferior to use in the current meta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just make the consumables proper character modifications already, theres no reason for them not to be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NIKIZ said:
3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
I use the consumable ammo box personally, or the car mod even. 

When people complain about car mods, they are likely just unwilling to adapt their loadouts and playstyle. 
Yeah but i am running out of those boxes quikly bruv. If they added a shop where you could just mass buy them would be great. And using the consumable ammo for cars are just way to inferior to use in the current meta.
Like I said, unwilling to adapt. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Like I said, unwilling to adapt. 
 
I have no problem with it because ey i just kill em BOIII. But it just adds more boring steps to play the game to it's fullest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NIKIZ said:
13 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Like I said, unwilling to adapt. 
 
I have no problem with it because ey i just kill em BOIII. But it just adds more boring steps to play the game to it's fullest.
That... thats actually a decent argument ngl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NIKIZ said:
On 7/23/2018 at 5:57 AM, CookiePuss said:
Rem Det effectively has no cooldown since its only 1 second. But personally I dont mind it as I feel like dying to remote det is my fault since I'd be aware the enemy has it. 
Spotter should be visible to opp, but I think the cooldown is fine.
I feel the same about radar tower as I do mobile spawn... If you leave them in play, thats on you. For that reason I dont think they are a problem. 

All opinion of course  
I mean it's fine if you have to take them out and all but the cars are buffed the oblivion. You need 2 frags and a mag or 2 depending gun to disable a car aka 4x4 and a pioneer and same goes to car spawners. I wouldn't mind if they revert the car buff because with out premium you have to wait 4 minutes before you can resupply and i am quickly out of those boxes you can trow down to resupply nades. And destroying a car with a gun takes shit load of ammo and a lot of time.
pioneer with armor plating 3 still takes an Alig 5 seconds
Switch guns kill it switch back learn to use both properly just in case....
Golds do this all the time to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Cars and their modifications are an issue in a mission, someone should increase their AV capability. That's all there is to it, it is pretty balanced as it is besides the RD having no cooldown. I dont think highly of RD, its easily dodged and the move itself is quite obvious often leaving the culprit very exposed during execution. It should still have a cooldown though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:
pioneer with armor plating 3 still takes an Alig 5 seconds
Switch guns kill it switch back learn to use both properly just in case....
Golds do this all the time to me
If they are able to do that to you i mean play more improve because you are seriously lacking skill then. And i know you aren't that well experienced in the game when you said Golds do this all the time to me. Gold is nothing in apb i have seen better silvers then golds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NIKIZ said:
1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:
pioneer with armor plating 3 still takes an Alig 5 seconds
Switch guns kill it switch back learn to use both properly just in case....
Golds do this all the time to me
If they are able to do that to you i mean play more improve because you are seriously lacking skill then. And i know you aren't that well experienced in the game when you said Golds do this all the time to me. Gold is nothing in apb i have seen better silvers then golds.
Those  " silvers " you mentioned are dethreated golds.... some of them are the ones I just talked about

And you saying i lack skill because golds know how to use weapons to kill a pioneer with armor 3 ?

Uh what??? no rofl just no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:
Those  " silvers " you mentioned are dethreated golds.... some of them are the ones I just talked about

And you saying i lack skill because golds know how to use weapons to kill a pioneer with armor 3 ?

Uh what??? no rofl just no
Like i said gold is nothing special in APB. It's not a rank it's just there it doesn't represent anything about someones skill level these days. The tactic you said may work on casual players but it won't work on good players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...