Nerf the AP.45  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Nerf the AP.45

• Absolutley
    • Needs a buff (cap)
    • Doesnt need nerfing

2 hours ago, LilyRain said:

RFP got nerfed because 'Fang' had a tier 3 mod, being inaccessible for regular RFP without paying. Regular RFP was completely inferior.

Colby .45 is a different story. Any Player can get one permanently for as cheap as 3000 JTs. No need to even spend real money to get it. There are also secondaries that act as primaries with mods even. It isn't a negative point against Colby .45.

Fang is also available via JT now. Not that it matters. They completely neutered the gun with further nerfs and changing the mod later, and refuse to give refunds to the players they fucked over.

2 hours ago, ninjarrrr said:

and at the time the 45 was armas only afaik

Correct.

2 hours ago, ninjarrrr said:

its still a broken gun, its good in CQC and has way too much range, it should be one or the other-not both

It's about on par with the FBW, taking one less shot to kill but having significantly more recoil and half the magazine capacity. The problem is that due to its higher damage per shot, it technically has more range than the FBW. FBW is a 6 shot out to 32m, while 45 is a 6 shot out to 38m (technically just shy of 39m). "That difference is so small though?" you might say. Bear in mind that the 45 has SIGNIFICANTLY better ADS accuracy than the FBW, making those long range shots actually viable (FBW at that top end range is literally just praying to RNGesus).

For me the main issue is how fast and easy you can kill with it up close, especially if your mouse has a built in software which is pretty common nowadays. You can have like Obeya as your main and 45 as a secondary and you pretty much covered for any range. 
In my opinion it needs a greater and sligtly more unpredictable recoil, so it will be harder to just spam with it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ninjarrrr said:

s still a broken gun, its good in CQC and has way too much range, it should be one or the other-not both

Not true.

Colby .45 at best kills in 0.8 seconds.

This is APB, "good in CQC" doesn't mean it is exceptional in CQC. With that time it literally loses to STAR in CQC. What justifies its nerf in CQC vs PMG/OCA/JG/LMGs?

Colby .45 is fine. Losing to it in CQC is a Player-fault.

Just reduce the range like you do with the OBIR, after all you need hit 5/7 shots to kill, and against Kevlar players you need all the bullets 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LilyRain said:

Not true.

Colby .45 at best kills in 0.8 seconds.

This is APB, "good in CQC" doesn't mean it is exceptional in CQC. With that time it literally loses to STAR in CQC. What justifies its nerf in CQC vs PMG/OCA/JG/LMGs?

So it's fastest TTK in it class and it almost on pair with a most powerful primaries in the game. The FBW has a slower TTK and it less accurate on a max ROF.
Regarding the STAR you need to stand still and shot in burst to achive accuracy, that Colby has when hipfiring on the move. So you cant compare them this way.
PMG/OCA etc. are CQC weapon they needs they needs to be exeptional up close. 
Back in the they(before the NANO was relesed) everything was almost perfectly balanced(except ACT 44 GM, but P2W was a thing that days). You can use N-FA for close and preson, it was a beast in CQC but you'll literlly need to stick into enemys face, PDW was a good pocket SMG, not as good as primary but still usefull as backup weapon on a short ranges, FBW was a just a good all around pistol which is not best at anything.
Nowdays non of them work anymore because of Colby 45 outclased them all and you can just equip Colby 45 and N-Tec/OBEYA and be covered at pretty much every range possible(except extremly long, but N-HVR was nerfed to the ground so its' not an issue anymore).

• Like 1

On 20/8/2024 at 1:34, Frosi said:

Oh, sí, vamos a debilitar un arma porque los tramposos la usan. Así es definitivamente como funciona el equilibrio del juego.

I think it's very good the way it is, it doesn't need any changes, if people didn't spend macros......, you would see how that gun wouldn't kill so fast, I don't know what you think about this macro thing. ? .. I don't like them and I have a mouse with 14 programmable buttons (Magic Eagle model HV-MS735, you can search for it if you want.

42 minutes ago, killersan6 said:

So it's fastest TTK in it class and it almost on pair with a most powerful primaries in the game. The FBW has a slower TTK and it less accurate on a max ROF.
Regarding the STAR you need to stand still and shot in burst to achive accuracy, that Colby has when hipfiring on the move. So you cant compare them this way.
PMG/OCA etc. are CQC weapon they needs they needs to be exeptional up close. 
Back in the they(before the NANO was relesed) everything was almost perfectly balanced(except ACT 44 GM, but P2W was a thing that days). You can use N-FA for close and preson, it was a beast in CQC but you'll literlly need to stick into enemys face, PDW was a good pocket SMG, not as good as primary but still usefull as backup weapon on a short ranges, FBW was a just a good all around pistol which is not best at anything.
Nowdays non of them work anymore because of Colby 45 outclased them all and you can just equip Colby 45 and N-Tec/OBEYA and be covered at pretty much every range possible(except extremly long, but N-HVR was nerfed to the ground so its' not an issue anymore).

Nerfing Colby .45 will not make PDW better. The same goes for the other weapons you have mentioned. 

People will simply use the next best thing available, which is why it is simply best to instead buff PDW and the others.

7 hours ago, LilyRain said:

I agree

• Like 1

𝐵𝑒𝓇𝓀𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝒶 𝓁𝑜𝓈𝑒𝓇  

𝒲𝑒 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒷𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑜𝓌𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒷𝑒𝒶𝒹𝓈. 

38 minutes ago, DXDP said:

𝐵𝑒𝓇𝓀𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝒶 𝓁𝑜𝓈

that's fancy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LilyRain said:

Nerfing Colby .45 will not make PDW better. The same goes for the other weapons you have mentioned. 

People will simply use the next best thing available, which is why it is simply best to instead buff PDW and the others.

But there's not much of the second best available, most of the secondaries are balanced. The closest one are Frog and FBW and they booth are not as good, as 45. Nano is still there, i hate it so much but it not as anoying as 45. RFB is weak, but ok.
Nah, if 45 would be nerfed there would be a plenty of choices.
And as i sad, secondary weapon should not be equvalet to primary, its a backup weapon, not the main one. 

its a broken gun. it destroys existence of any other secondary. Why having nano or bloody mary or even try other secondaries when you got 45 mini ursus which deletes ppl with 5 bullets. Put the ability to kill at 8 bullets... make them have to hit all bullets + reload and 1 bullet and lets see how many of this sweaty macro cheating wannabe pros never missing a shot type of users will gonna use it. 

If you could ve nerfed pretty good guns and practically destroyed their usage, like atac...then you can destroy this shitty 45 as well. 

That pistol is ridiculous at this point and personally i think best choice would not be a nerf it should be deleted from db of apb. forever. OR nerf it so much like i said so that nobody will want to use it anymore. 

Every high end gold is using macro and excusing it with "it came with my mouse, i have moneys i bought 1000 dollar mouse which have hardware macro" so you are "not" a cheater. And yes quite literally you are not cheater, but you are a cheater nevertheless morally, and you know it, we know it, i know it. 

So yes delete this mother f* ing pistol already! 

Merged.

also 45 became such bs of a gun that most of ppl dont even bother using their primary weapons. I had the other day a gold guy who purposely or "proving the point" style, literally played entire mission using only 45. We had oscars, obeyas, obirs, osmaw, ntecs...and he was farming us like nothing. Guy ended up having 35 kills and barely 8 deaths. 

this secondary is so op that its not even a secondary at this point, just put it then as a main weapon and lets be done with it. Make it official. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nerf .45 or Buff other useless guns like ACT44 and RFP Fang.

PD: Buff thumper, another useless gun.

I think the actual problem with the .45 is that the matchmaking doesn't pit two equally skilled teams against eachother. the risk vs reward when using the .45 is -low ammo count +more damage. so you need to be more skilled in order to use it. kinda like the direct hit in tf2.
the problem arises when you have someone that almost never misses vs someone who misses quite often. then the pro basically just gets an upgraded fbw.

6 minutes ago, wywv said:

I think the actual problem with the .45 is that the matchmaking doesn't pit two equally skilled teams against eachother. the risk vs reward when using the .45 is -low ammo count +more damage. so you need to be more skilled in order to use it. kinda like the direct hit in tf2.
the problem arises when you have someone that almost never misses vs someone who misses quite often. then the pro basically just gets an upgraded fbw.

The problem is that the 45 has no accuracy penelty like other pistol has so its quite difficult to miss with it even if you not skilled enough.

• Like 1

Shooting from this pistol results in freezes. To avoid this, you need a graphics config. The player character using the graphics config moves unpredictably. He can suddenly change direction or teleport to a place where he shouldn't be. This makes it difficult to aim at him. It is also worth considering server lags. In most cases, I hear the shots of this fucking pistol after I die... AP 45 is a weapon for gray zone players or cheaters. A normal player who wants a fair game will not use this crap. Crappy optimization simply won't allow you to play normally with this pistol. The very fact that this topic was created on the forum indicates that there is a problem. This problem can be solved by prohibiting any editing of game files and the use of mice with macros. The use of graphics configurations due to low PC power does not seem to be an argument in 2024. I can literally build a PC for APB for free while living in a Russian village.

The absolute dolts who scream "macro!" and "cheater!" at anyone who's using .45 or oscar/joker sr, should be completely ignored. Mastering the fire rate of these semi-auto guns is something that comes naturally when you play the game for thousands of hours. 

On 8/18/2024 at 6:10 PM, Berkshire said:

I believe it needs a nerf.

Depends, if you are a try-hard who plays to win every mission, then absolutely. 
.45 is the only viable competitive option.

but your average joe shmo who plays for fun, dont care that much.

Posted (edited)

I'd increase shots to kill from 5 to 6. TTK would change from 0.8 s to 0.96 s. Drop off range should be reduced from 35m to 20m.
On principle I think all secondary weapons should have slower TTK than primary weapons so that is something to consider when balancing secondaries. 

Edited by Basih

15 minutes ago, Basih said:

I'd increase shots to kill from 5 to 6. TTK would change from 0.8 s to 0.96 s. Drop off range should be reduced from 35m to 20m.
On principle I think all secondary weapons should have slower TTK than primary weapons so that is something to consider when balancing secondaries. 

What a ridiculous comment. But let's assume you're not trolling, if they did this change then they would have to nerf frog and fbw as well, as well as most other secondary weapons. Or if they didn't, the .45 would become the worst secondary in the game. APB already has a huge amount of useless weapons, and creating more of them isn't gonna solve anything. 

I think making it a bit harder to use would be good idea, like increasing recoil and bloom with each shot so it's less viable at longer ranges while staying the same at point blank

4 hours ago, Basih said:

you just made the .45 about 50% worse than the default fbw lmao

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ColorBauss said:

What a ridiculous comment. But let's assume you're not trolling, if they did this change then they would have to nerf frog and fbw as well, as well as most other secondary weapons. Or if they didn't, the .45 would become the worst secondary in the game. APB already has a huge amount of useless weapons, and creating more of them isn't gonna solve anything. 

10 hours ago, vsb said:

you just made the .45 about 50% worse than the default fbw lmao

The point of the post clearly went over ya'll heads, so I'll go ahead and spell it out for you:

15 hours ago, Basih said:

The numbers put forward in the removed sentence are obviously just to emphasize the main point being made. Critical thinking is an important skill, it's a shame that it's no longer taught in school.

• Thanks 1