MattScott

APB Reloaded Console Sunset

Dear APB Reloaded Console Community,

After careful consideration and evaluation of various factors, Little Orbit and PLAION have decided to sunset APB Reloaded on console platforms. This decision was not made lightly, and we understand that it may come as disappointing news to our dedicated console players who have waited patiently for upgrades and fixes to the game.

The decision to discontinue APB Reloaded on consoles was driven by a combination of technical challenges, resource constraints, and the evolving landscape of gaming. We want to ensure that our players have the best possible gaming experience, and unfortunately, sustaining the game on console platforms has proven increasingly challenging.

• For Xbox players, we previously experienced issues preventing players from making any purchases, but we were able to keep the servers online. Unfortunately, you will have noticed that APB Xbox is currently experiencing technical issues, and the game is currently offline. Unfortunately, we are now unable to bring the game back online.
  • For PlayStation 4 players, we will begin the sunset phase starting February 1st through August 2nd. As of February 1st, we will be disabling all monetization for these players. This wasn't an easy decision, and we understand the impact it has on our gaming community, but it was unavoidable.

As a small consolation, we have created the ability for console players to migrate their characters to PC. APB Reloaded will continue to be available and supported on the PC platform. We encourage console players who wish to continue their APB Reloaded experience to consider joining the PC community.

We want to express our sincere gratitude to the APB Reloaded console community for the creativity, dedication, and support you have shown over the years. We are here to support you through this transition, and our customer service team is available for any questions or concerns you might have.

You can reach support at: https://support.gamersfirst.com or can email support@gamersfirst.com

Thank you for being a part of the APB Reloaded community. We appreciate your understanding and continued support as we navigate these changes.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 5

Perhaps its obvious but for those that want plain text, does this mean that the console port of 1.30 is off the table?  Or is the current console 2.0 build just being sunset and the port of 1.30 could appear in the future?

1 minute ago, SkittyM said:

Perhaps its obvious but for those that want plain text, does this mean that the console port of 1.30 is off the table?  Or is the current console 2.0 build just being sunset and the port of 1.30 could appear in the future?

If they end support for Console versions, it is clear that they will not port 1.30 to Console.

As a console player who has spent a good amount of money on the game over the past few years. I was wondering if the weapons, clothes, vehicles, joker tickets, and etc would also transfer over to PC with our character? Or would we have to buy everything all over again? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kast2 said:

If they end support for Console versions, it is clear that they will not port 1.30 to Console.

Normally i'd look at it like that but the 1.30 thing was... special?  Not sure how to word that as consoles are currently on 2.0 and the plan was to do up 1.30 and later port that to consoles.  Some may look at this as 2.0 is canceled but 1.30 could still happen.

27 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

We reached a settlement with PLAION to end the *current* versions of APB Reloaded on XBOX ONE and Playstation 4.

Both versions of the game are plagued with severe performance and gameplay issues. There is very little we can do directly. Most of the updates have to be done through PLAION. The XBOX version has already reached a point where several items are no longer supported and the system cannot be brought back online.

Unfortunately, there is no way for PLAION to transfer the games to Little Orbit's control where we can better troubleshoot issues. There isn't even a way for us to directly message the console players due to GDPR rules. We're just hoping this announcement reaches as many people as possible, so they can explore migrating their characters if they want to.

This was the only way to reset things.

Just so I answer Skitty's question clearly. Little Orbit is clear to republish the games at any time under our own publishing account. However, we have a pretty full plate at the moment, so I don't see that happening any time soon.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, 113trizz said:

As a console player who has spent a good amount of money on the game over the past few years. I was wondering if the weapons, clothes, vehicles, joker tickets, and etc would also transfer over to PC with our character? Or would we have to buy everything all over again? 

We are allowing players to move their characters to PC.
The migration page is already up for XBOX (although I think it's having some issues, so you may want to wait for a day or two).
You can check out the guide here: https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2024/1/2/xbox-console-2024

The Playstation 4 migration page will be up on February 4th.

I know unspent G1C, weapons, clothing, and other items will transfer over. Not sure about JTs.

• Like 1

unfortunate but at least they wont loose all their progress if they move to PC. 

now that you are apparently out of whatever contract forced console apb, can we get a more detailed writeup of what the idiotic deal g1 signed up for a decade ago entailed?

• Thanks 3

The PC game engine could have been upgraded to console level, cross-platform support could have been introduced, and the servers could have been combined. But unfortunately little orbit is not a company that can do this.

Might I suggest you also compensate every account on the console version with a free account bound unsilenced Oca-Nano as a sweetener?

I'm not a console player but that idea doesn't sound so bad to me.

• Like 1

I was wondering for those players whom already spent money on both PC and Console on separate emails, is there a possibility of merging the accounts so if you have both a Console and PC account already with G1C purchases on both accounts, can you just merge the both together? I don't want to transfer between both my console account that's transferring over to Pc while I already have a PC account. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ArtDeco said:

Might I suggest you also compensate every account on the console version with a free account bound unsilenced Oca-Nano as a sweetener?

I'm not a console player but that idea doesn't sound so bad to me.

yea they should comp them, It is incredibly inconvenient to loose the platform you want to play on

Matt himself said that Console players were bringing almost 50% of the revenue from APB.

So if that is shut down...I am not optimistic about the future. 

But I hope Matt and LO prove me wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

Matt himself said that Console players were bringing almost 50% of the revenue from APB.

I'm assuming that statement was made when LO bought the G1 platform which was at a time in which consoles were still pretty alive, however, apparently Xbox was offline for some time and had store issues as well as the PS version being pretty dead by the looks so I really doubt it made much money in recent years.

• Like 3

two questions:

1.saw on yt apb playn on ps5 and xbox series x-these 2 also gone right?

2.how many console accounts was maded in total?(both xbox and ps)

Edited by TheMessiah

36 minutes ago, Frosi said:

I'm assuming that statement was made when LO bought the G1 platform which was at a time in which consoles were still pretty alive, however, apparently Xbox was offline for some time and had store issues as well as the PS version being pretty dead by the looks so I really doubt it made much money in recent years.

Let's hope that is true. 

In my head I am imagining they are planning to release it on PS5/Xbox X when they can make it run smoothly. 

Maybe one day...

so i did all the steps according to the instructions and it said that my characters are migrated and when i logged into my gamersfirst account none of my characters were there 

What about those of us that have both Xbox and PS characters? Would we have to make separate accounts for each console to migrate them into? Or will it be a mash up of all consoles characters?

So  ..  its always one of those difficult things people want open transparent conversations, but then way down the road bring back quotes to challenge the "you said" .. 

APB Reloaded was delivered to consoles be it xbox apox mid 2016, and playstation early 2017 under the "reloaded productions" (k2 Network) .  This was announced by then "Deep Silver" part of "plaion" 

At this point the PC version was old, tired and showing a lot of cracks, Hackers were like the Bed bugs pandemic,  This is the same rough period when Reloaded Productions  stopped updating/maintaining Punk Buster  (punk Buster was beginning lose trust in the gaming world with newer AC competition coming to the market)

Little Orbit taking control of the game brought in FairFight in 2018 to work co-inside with Punk Buster and then ultimately replace it for a short period .     

So at the time , yes the consoles were big news the game did have a lot of fresh players willing to part ways with there pocket money.  the consoles in theory couldn't be "hacked" which would allow a cleaner gameplay experience. a pc designed game porting to console after a lot of modifications and limited file access for the devs (my understanding due to encryption and old code) .. big ask. Plus at the time  2015 you had GTA V launch, Witcher 3, League of Legends, 2016 uncharted 4, forza horizon 3, overwatch, and more..  it just wasn't to be with a game looking dated, and old mechanics.. But Money was needed and I'm sure pressure from "external factors" demanded visible changes, tapping into other platforms etc. ( This is not Fact, just a theory ) 

A third party controlling the servers & access to the game + I imagen a small % that grew over time.. is a huge pain in the A***. seeing the community crying out for support but having your hands tied is just horrible. I feel for the APBR team seeing the game crumble and the community backlash when its out of your hands. 

I welcome any console players to the PC version and PC community. just take your time to get used to the Games PC mechanics, and using a mouse + Keyboard but have fun. 

I truly hope the Team (Little Orbit) focus on the next version of the PC game first as a priority. its overdue and really by the point this might come to the community the next generations of consoles  due late 2025 will be hitting the shelves. I don't mean that as a dig. Its literal as you can work to release a more compatible version for those consoles in the build up. 

Edited by Sgt Drayke
  • Like 2

oh boy heres comes the negative train about how there gonna done fuck this one up. can't wait to have something to read while i sit n wait

• Like 1

What about people who plays both, console and PC? Looks like we could "add" merged characters to our existing PC account but what with those with maximum character slots?