Sign in to follow this  
Gateron

Bring back the old Scout bolt timer or give long-range burst/single-fire guns a increased bolt timer.

You guys really messed with the Scout, and now everyone's all about Obir's. The Scout just doesn't keep up with the current game's Time to Kill (TTK) after the nerf. It's basically an assist weapon now, with that slow bolt timer, giving enemies a chance to dive for cover or throw up a shield.

It's worth noting that this "nerf" was actually meant to be a buff by increasing its damage, but the sneaky increase in the bolt timer had a different impact. It almost feels like a specific silver SPCT team member got owned by a Scout player in Asylum, leading to this change with the pistol/scout switch.

The real question is, nobody was really complaining about the Scout, so why the sudden change? It seems like the actions of the same silver SPCT team might be responsible for unbalancing the game, which has been a recurring issue and a contributing factor to the game's decline.

Edited by Gateron
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gateron said:

t. It almost feels like a specific silver SPCT team member

They are all trash players with trash knowledge of the game from their self admissions and results (except Kyouki )

when did the scout bolt timer change, last thing i remember was a slight equip time decrease when they pushed the damage down to 575

• Thanks 1

#bringbackjumpscout

all it needs

1 hour ago, PingOVER9000 said:

They are all trash players with trash knowledge of the game from their self admissions and results (except Kyouki )

you mean except Frosi

Edited by Kiida
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, vsb said:

when did the scout bolt timer change, last thing i remember was a slight equip time decrease when they pushed the damage down to 575

When they decided to enhance it, they also extended the bolt timer between shots and the equip time to compensate for the increased damage. Later, they did reduce the damage but chose to keep the extended bolt timer. The gun had a precisely timed window, allowing it to excel in almost any close-quarters combat scenario when every shot landed. However, a single miss meant certain death. Now, that window has disappeared completely.

It appears that no one had requested these changes, leading me to assume it was the decision of a few disgruntled Silver SPCT member who effectively rendered the Scout useless in close-quarters combat, which in turn made it ineffective at long range. The delay between shots is so extended that a tagged opponent has plenty of time to retreat or activate a shield, unless they are entirely exposed, making it nearly impossible to secure a kill.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PingOVER9000 said:

lol the catfisher of all people

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Kiida said:

you mean except Frosi

I was about to comment the same thing. 
kind of stings hearing it from someone else though ngl

• Like 1

The N-HVR 243 had it's damage increased from 550 to 575, and linked the weapon switch delay to the bolt timer. Obir had it's range reduced from 60M to 55M, and also had the weapon switch delay linked to the bolt timer. The sprinting delay was done by G1. Not sure if that's relevant since that affected every slower rate of fire weapon.

They're different class of weapons. Only reason the Obir is used more now is because Little Orbit nerfed the damage on the Obeya rifle.

I can't tell if y'all are being sarcastic or not about Frosi. I hope it's sarcasm.

Edited by BlatMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Gateron said:

When they decided to enhance it, they also extended the bolt timer between shots and the equip time to compensate for the increased damage. Later, they did reduce the damage but chose to keep the extended bolt timer. The gun had a precisely timed window, allowing it to excel in almost any close-quarters combat scenario when every shot landed. However, a single miss meant certain death. Now, that window has disappeared completely.

It appears that no one had requested these changes, leading me to assume it was the decision of a few disgruntled Silver SPCT member who effectively rendered the Scout useless in close-quarters combat, which in turn made it ineffective at long range. The delay between shots is so extended that a tagged opponent has plenty of time to retreat or activate a shield, unless they are entirely exposed, making it nearly impossible to secure a kill.

are we talking about different things? the bolt timer equals the fire rate, which is still the same as its always been

• Like 1

Everybody wants the Obir because the "undetectable" cheat works best with burst fire weapons. 

Man i just want the old scout back before all the buff/nerf. The current scout sucks and Obir is just the only choice at this point.

6 hours ago, Gateron said:

Man i just want the old scout back before all the buff/nerf. The current scout sucks and Obir is just the only choice at this point.

I agree the current scout sucks, but I also think you're using it wrong. Bolt timer has been the same since release. The slight damage buff from 550 to 575 allows it to kill CA3 users if you miss your second shot but hit the third shot. It gives it a tiny bit more 2 shot range too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BlatMan said:

I agree the current scout sucks, but I also think you're using it wrong. Bolt timer has been the same since release. The slight damage buff from 550 to 575 allows it to kill CA3 users if you miss your second shot but hit the third shot. It gives it a tiny bit more 2 shot range too.

No lol it hasn't been the same since release. When they buffed the damage they also increased the bolt timer/fire rate to compensate for it . Why just to straight up make it nearly impossible to QS in close quarters what also killed its long range capabilities in TTK.

59 minutes ago, Gateron said:

No lol it hasn't been the same since release. When they buffed the damage they also increased the bolt timer/fire rate to compensate for it . Why just to straight up make it nearly impossible to QS in close quarters what also killed its long range capabilities in TTK.

They nerfed the equip time a bit which has nothing to do with the bolt timer (refire timer) which is basically just a flag that does not allow for weapon swaps whilst you are within the refire-timer meaning that once the gun can shoot again you can now swap weapons, its not an individual value on its own that you can tweak, if you wanted to make it longer/shorter you would have to adjust the rate of fire itself which hasn't happened for the Scout. The reason the OBIR lets you swap to your pistol way sooner is because its rate of fire is much faster which in return makes the bolt timer a lot shorter.

1a32069af973c3913dce579472166c7a.png

By now, its equip time is a mere 0.1 seconds longer than it used to be with 25 extra damage to compensate. (Initially it was 0.2 seconds longer with 50 extra damage as shown in the screenshot)

Reading through this worthless ego battle that completely derailed the thread, I could feel my empathy increasing through a growing feeling of pity for the people involved in it.

Never did I think the APB forum would allow me to grow as a person.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frosi said:

They nerfed the equip time a bit which has nothing to do with the bolt timer (refire timer) which is basically just a flag that does not allow for weapon swaps whilst you are within the refire-timer meaning that once the gun can shoot again you can now swap weapons, its not an individual value on its own that you can tweak, if you wanted to make it longer/shorter you would have to adjust the rate of fire itself which hasn't happened for the Scout. The reason the OBIR lets you swap to your pistol way sooner is because its rate of fire is much faster which in return makes the bolt timer a lot shorter.

1a32069af973c3913dce579472166c7a.png

By now, its equip time is a mere 0.1 seconds longer than it used to be with 25 extra damage to compensate. (Initially it was 0.2 seconds longer with 50 extra damage as shown in the screenshot)

Yeah, I suppose I made a mistake, but that 0.1-second delay was crucial, and the additional 50 damage doesn't add anything of value. There was no reason to make adjustments to the Scout, Mr. SPCT member. That mere 0.1-second delay hindered its close-quarters combat capabilities against CQC players and at long range. If they continue nerfing every gun in the game, it's evident that the Obir will be the next victim.

This seems to be the pattern: a gun is strong, it gets nerfed, people switch to the second-best gun, and the cycle repeats. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Gateron said:

This seems to be the pattern: a gun is strong, it gets nerfed, people switch to the second-best gun, and the cycle repeats. 

This is mainly due to the fact that LO's balance efforts have been more of a reactive thing, community complains x or y is OP and LO nerfs it, there's never been a real direction for balance and it shows. I am personally against nerfing the OBIR atleast until other things have been brought up a notch, things such as your suggestion to just get rid of the 0.1 increase in equip time for the scout, revisiting the CR762 nerf as well as buffing all sorts of guns that could really do with it as they've always been rather underwhelming.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gateron said:

If they continue nerfing every gun in the game, it's evident that the Obir will be the next victim.

DMR is next, they already declared their interest in changing it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VanilleKeks said:

Reading through this worthless ego battle that completely derailed the thread, I could feel my empathy increasing through a growing feeling of pity for the people involved in it.

Never did I think the APB forum would allow me to grow as a person.

Stop from copying Southpark quotes, just seeing the series make you a man or woman of culture 💀

52 minutes ago, Gateron said:

In fact bro, make it easy for yourself and use the Obir to your hearth contenent ... before it's too late 😞

Edited by PingOVER9000
Note: not that you arent right @GATERON, yes unfotunately a lot weapons after crappy/rushed balance totally lose their coolness and fun, and sadly true again as you wrote before totally lost their WorthNess in high level matchups
  • Like 1

On 10/22/2023 at 12:49 AM, Kiida said:

#bringbackjumpscout

all it needs

you mean except Frosi

lmao 

• Like 1

Hello,

I would like to remind everyone to please remain on-topic. Otherwise I will unfortunately have to lock this thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

- Azukii

On 10/22/2023 at 12:21 AM, Gateron said:

You guys really messed with the Scout, and now everyone's all about Obir's. The Scout just doesn't keep up with the current game's Time to Kill (TTK) after the nerf. It's basically an assist weapon now, with that slow bolt timer, giving enemies a chance to dive for cover or throw up a shield.

It's worth noting that this "nerf" was actually meant to be a buff by increasing its damage, but the sneaky increase in the bolt timer had a different impact. It almost feels like a specific silver SPCT team member got owned by a Scout player in Asylum, leading to this change with the pistol/scout switch.

The real question is, nobody was really complaining about the Scout, so why the sudden change? It seems like the actions of the same silver SPCT team might be responsible for unbalancing the game, which has been a recurring issue and a contributing factor to the game's decline.

frustrating to see the Scout struggle after recent adjustments, especially with the rise of the Obir dominating the game. The changes intended to improve its performance ended up making it feel more like a support weapon rather than a primary choice due to the slower bolt timer. It's unclear why these changes were made, especially when there weren't significant complaints about the Scout's balance previously. It's disappointing that the actions of a specific team member may have negatively impacted game balance, contributing to its decline.

On 2/27/2024 at 5:42 AM, Honeyman said:

frustrating to see the Scout struggle after recent adjustments, especially with the rise of the Obir dominating the game. The changes intended to improve its performance ended up making it feel more like a support weapon rather than a primary choice due to the slower bolt timer. It's unclear why these changes were made, especially when there weren't significant complaints about the Scout's balance previously. It's disappointing that the actions of a specific team member may have negatively impacted game balance, contributing to its decline.

The link from weapon swap to bolt timer, was due to reverse quickswitching on the scout.

There has been no change to the TTK of the scout, and the damage was buffed. Do I think the equip time could be lowered slightly? Probably, but do we need reverse-quick switching back? Not really.

• Like 1