Jump to content
Fruitini

The ntec ursus vs atac

Recommended Posts

I do love my ntec and my ursus, although at the moment the more I play I would like to use the atac. Though I know little about it I can always read its stats on apb db though I would much rather what others have to say about the atac 3 slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Fruitini said:

I do love my ntec and my ursus, although at the moment the more I play I would like to use the atac. Though I know little about it I can always read its stats on apb db though I would much rather what others have to say about the atac 3 slot.

Well since you already know the stats, I wont bore you with the math.

The tl;dr is the ATAC is easier, the Ntec and Ursus are more accurate and more versatile.

 

Good players use ntec, lazy players use ATAC.

Edited by CookiePuss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Yup, ATAC all the way. Slap MS, HS3 and CJ3 on it and get ready for Rage-PM's lol

Unless cqc, ATAC should be modded just like an ntec (IR3 instead of CJ3)

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Yup, ATAC all the way. Slap MS, HS3 and CJ3 on it and get ready for Rage-PM's lol

Hey thanks for the added info I think I had ir3,hs3 and 3point sling it was alright wondered about other options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fruitini said:

Hey thanks for the added info I think I had ir3,hs3 and 3point sling it was alright wondered about other options.

Yeah def go mob sling over 3ps3 if you have access, otherwise keep those mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Unless cqc, ATAC should be modded just like an ntec (IR3 instead of CJ3)

Yea that's my setup from last night I looked at the stats and it's just 10m shy of the unmodded ntec effective range at distance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fruitini said:

Yea that's my setup from last night I looked at the stats and it's just 10m shy of the unmodded ntec effective range at distance

Both ATAC Ntec and Ursus should be 50m for damage dropoff start.

ATAC and Ntec both hit 30% damage by 70m, but Ursus gets to 75m before 30% due to not having curve mechanics.

ATAC however is less useful at even 50m due to lower min accuracy, and CJ only makes that worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it makes it pretty unique, in a cqc setting I could use cj3 and for longer ranges ir3

9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Both ATAC Ntec and Ursus should be 50m for damage dropoff start.

ATAC and Ntec both hit 30% damage by 70m, but Ursus gets to 75m before 30% due to not having curve mechanics.

ATAC however is less useful at even 50m due to lower min accuracy, and CJ only makes that worse.

I was more thinking is resupply time, rather than just swapping weapons all together..hmmm

Edited by Fruitini

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fruitini said:

I guess it makes it pretty unique, in a cqc setting I could use cj3 and for longer ranges ir3

 

Yep, ATAC is actually pretty good cqc, Ntec too, but atac is easier.

I know people shit on the ATAC a lot, but its actually a pretty strong gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a atac bodyguard long time ago, and I usually whip it out when I need to go pewpew mainly in medium range where it shines. 
I love the ursus because it's a fresh new take on ntec, even if it falls short in nearly every range besides long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ATAC is kinda a crutch, it's a good gun to rely on because it's easy to use, but it'll get outclassed by a skilled NTEC user in most scenarios

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HS1/2, EM3 and Mobility Sling make it a very versatile weapon. EM3 is great for tap firing and range, Mobility Sling allows you to move almost as well as an Ntec while moving, and HS1/2 still gives you plenty of non-ADSing capability

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hotbot said:

ATAC is kinda a crutch, it's a good gun to rely on because it's easy to use, but it'll get outclassed by a skilled NTEC user in most scenarios

 

Yea that was my main concern, when I ntec I wanna keep my distance but it's harder than it sounds given some areas that my objective spawns in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i feel like the atac is just better at short distances than the ntec.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ATAC cannot be used like the NTEC, for the longer range shots you will end up having to tap fire slowly. This is where you need to consider the mods very carefully as IR will not help for the full automatic fire. I find the best way to use the ATAC is to rely on it's firerate, it can be burst fired very quickly. If within it's optimal range the mobility and firerate will make your life easier but it is not as accurate as the NTEC.

  • If you play CQC (SMG) and sometimes wish for more range / accuracy the ATAC will help.
  • If you want something similar to the Joker Carbine with full automatic fire, the ATAC will help.
  • If you are looking for something as a substitute for how you would usually play the NTEC, it will not work .
  • The higher end of medium range the NTEC will always win.

I also wouldn't say it is an easier gun to use, the NTEC is the weapon that gets good results most of the time, why else is it the most popular gun?

Easy is the weapon which always works, tap tap tap, dead. It is different and depending where you come from (SMG users that can aim will like it) you will either like what it has to offer or find it very different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

way too many ntec fanboys on this thread. the ntec is the real crutch on this game. seriously.

 

 

atac is a full auto mid ranged rifle with mantains the accuracy while fired. thats its advantage.

 

ntec/ursus has quick bloom recovery so its easier to spam accurate shots with it. thats its advantage.

 

however atac needs More bullets to kill so is less forgiving and ntec is so overused it can be countered by tons of guns having less or same skill.

 

 

 

 

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Zealocke said:

way too many ntec fanboys on this thread. the ntec is the real crutch on this game. seriously.

 

 

atac is a full auto mid ranged rifle with mantains the accuracy while fired. thats its advantage.

 

ntec/ursus has quick bloom recovery so its easier to spam accurate shots with it. thats its advantage.

 

however atac needs More bullets to kill so is less forgiving and ntec is so overused it can be countered by tons of guns having less or same skill.

 

 

 

 

Awesome review.

 

Now i am more confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If things are getting hard at cqc and you need better response yet you still want to use an assault rifle, atac will be the answer.

Cj1 ms when things gets really close and personal and ir2 hs3 ms to extend it for long range. Don't listen to most people, tap fire is the way to fire the atac.

 

If you want to use it laz0r type, smash it a hb1, just because you can.

Edited by Excalibur!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

If things are getting hard at cqc and you need better response yet you still want to use an assault rifle, atac will be the answer.

Cj1 ms when things gets really close and personal and ir2 hs3 ms to extend it for long range. Don't listen to most people, tap fire is the way to fire the atac.

 

If you want to use it laz0r type, smash it a hb1, just because you can.

IR is broken, why stop at 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

How is it broken? Isnt it increasing the crosshair size when you fire? I think yes...


Crosshair max bloom is the same with or without IR is what he's saying

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

How is it broken? Isnt it increasing the crosshair size when you fire? I think yes...

 

2 minutes ago, Nite said:


Crosshair max bloom is the same with or without IR is what he's saying

 

Yep. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...