MotokoHutt

LO what do you expect of us?

So considering what Matt Scott said about dethreating being a game exploit and seeing Battle Eye was added ever since I have came back to APB I have been trying to stick to silver district for better or for worse.

So quick disclaimer I am a low gold, I have been playing APB on and off for quite a few years now and I consider myself a decent player, on citadel a portion of the community know me and some people even hold some modecom of respect towards me, however I by no means claim to be even close to pro at APB. Now onto the issue at hand, I have nowhere to play and I am not the only one stuck in this really shiz place with no district to call home. Bronze district is too easy, I win 9 out of 10 of my matches there and the vast megority of people I fight pose little threat. Now silver dis between the try hards and the still very obvious hacker community is too hard. Now I am all for a challange, some of the best friends I have made in APB have been players I have fought very dificault matchs with or against, these sort of fights you can learn from, you learn what you did well and what you did bad. Where you are good and what you can improve upon win or lose. However so many times in silver district Im thrown to the wolves and no matter what stratergy I imploy, no matter what weapon I use, no matter how many times I try and flank oponents I am treated to the same display of my enemy prefiring every corner I walk around hitting every shot on me killing me in half a second leaving me no time to react. What do I learn from this type of fight? Nothing, the advice of my team mates? Usually gos something like this "your a noob, you suck, go you're awesome, get the F off silver dis, uninstall the game". 

So now you can see my issue, I DT I am an exploiting scum bag that gets whispered by everyone I kill for being a gold on bronze dis, I go silver dis and I should uninstall the game and kill myself because aparantly not having a qauter of a second reaction time constitutes failing as a human being. So please Little Orbit, hell anyone at this point, throw me a bone, what do you want me to do? Advice would be nice cus I am sick and tired of getting abuse off other players and considering your stance on DTing I feel like frankly your not on people like me's side ether and hate us like everyone else. 

• Like 2

This went from "look at my Ego, it's so fragile but big" to "I suck and everyone better than me is a toxic cheater", this gave me a headache while reading.

Edited by ninetenduh
  • Like 1

"Hello, Matt here,

Stop creating polls you scrubs! LIXIL, disable the forum polls dammit!"

-Tru story

I'm very much in the same situation. I normally only do missions when I have one or two friends to play with, of which I know they don't care about me not being that good, otherwise I just do Fight Club, because nobody cares about individual performance there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not in the mood to say something like "git gud skrub" but I'm laughing hard with this cheap bait.

Find a clan, play with them. 

Solo in this game is aids, and I only do it because I enjoy pain.(and most my friends have quit)

• Like 1

When in bronze, don’t go all out. Play weapons you suck at and have fun.

Stay silver.

Stay in bronze.daniel-bryan-no-gif-9.gif

• Like 5

I feel you man, it sucks to not have fun while playing. 

Hopefully once BE is running full bore, you will see a lot less cheating. 

Kudos to you for deciding to stick to silver districts, I remember all too well how difficult the transition from bronze to silver can be. 

I wish I had more advice to give you, but at least until BE is ready, all you can really do is turn of chat, and focus on you. 

Best of luck my guy. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I feel you man, it sucks to not have fun while playing. 

Hopefully once BE is running full bore, you will see a lot less cheating. 

Kudos to you for deciding to stick to silver districts, I remember all too well how difficult the transition from bronze to silver can be. 

I wish I had more advice to give you, but at least until BE is ready, all you can really do is turn of chat, and focus on you. 

Best of luck my guy. 

This has to be one of the better responses to this or similar threads I've seen in a long while.

Like CookiePuss says, kudos to you and good luck.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Fenton said:

This has to be one of the better responses to this or similar threads I've seen in a long while.

Like CookiePuss says, kudos to you and good luck.

and the fakest response. CookiePuss is a toggle.

1 minute ago, NyanPowa said:

and the fakest response. CookiePuss is a toggle.

NGL... that hurts. 

• Like 1

I am not sure why you are simphatizing with these kind of players. They are in bronze and they "destroy" enemies "9 out of 10" games, they are in silver and they cry... they dont seem to care that they are punishing low players the same way they get rekt in silver because they refuse to learn to play and they dont care at all but for their feelings. Isnt it hypocritical?

They are the real problem, not the rest of players.

Edited by Excalibur!
  • Like 1

Honest question here: what would you do if threat didnt exist and you would be set against very skilled players all the time? What would be your excuse for not learning to play?

6 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

I am not sure why you are simphatizing with these kind of players. They are in bronze and they "destroy" enemies "9 out of 10" games, they are in silver and they cry... they dont seem to care that they are punishing low players the same way they get rekt in silver because they refuse to learn to play and they dont care at all but for their feelings. Isnt it hypocritical?

If the threat / matchmaking systems were flawless this would be true. 

But since they arent, it isnt. 

10 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

If the threat / matchmaking systems were flawless this would be true. 

But since they arent, it isnt. 

You are not understanding what i meant. What you name is another discussion that been adressed and is not that important.

How are they cold blooded winning 9 out of 10 matches against noobs but they cry in silver districts?

I already told this story: i created a new character to experience how is it to play apb from zero (with my current skills ofc). What i seen so far are silvers that do not want to progress completly rekting bronzes and low silvers. Even i had some kind of troubles facing them, there is no excuse for them to keep on lower districts and i am 100% sure of it. They acused me to hack even when i didnt even play that well.

I got gold after a few matches and i didnt even try hard, just my full auto star.

EDIT: just to put it as example... those kind of silvers would be the gold closets but in bronze districts. They are the ones that come here complaining about how unfair the game is.

They been creating problems about balance since forever. They changed the game good enough for them and look how it ended.

Edited by Excalibur!

24 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

You are not understanding what i meant. What you name is another discussion that been adressed and is not that important.

How are they cold blooded winning 9 out of 10 matches against noobs but they cry in silver districts?

I already told this story: i created a new character to experience how is it to play apb from zero (with my current skills ofc). What i seen so far are silvers that do not want to progress completly rekting bronzes and low silvers. Even i had some kind of troubles facing them, there is no excuse for them to keep on lower districts and i am 100% sure of it. They acused me to hack even when i didnt even play that well.

I got gold after a few matches and i didnt even try hard, just my full auto star.

EDIT: just to put it as example... those kind of silvers would be the gold closets but in bronze districts. They are the ones that come here complaining about how unfair the game is.

They been creating problems about balance since forever. They changed the game good enough for them and look how it ended.

I dont understand what you are saying Katchwi. 

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

I dont understand what you are saying Katchwi. 

hes saying the silvers are doing the same thing to bronzes that they complain the golds do to them

i know his grasp on human communication is tenuous at best but its still pretty easy to wade through here

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

I'm a 255 silver most of the time, so when playing in silver district I loose most of my missions, what is your advice for me? I personally don't feel I have stagnated on the same level for a long while, so don't come at me with learn to play, I know the theory, I just suck at executing it. So just quitting the game it is then, because there is no space left for me? In the current world the silver districts are populated from the best players down to those that are a few weeks into the game, no wonder there's people who constantly loose and then go to a bronze district to feel some sort of accomplishment. Allowing golds into silver districts was the fix they introduced to locking the golds into gold districts, unfortunately this has't solved the problem it just moved it one tear lower.

45 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Honest question here: what would you do if threat didnt exist and you would be set against very skilled players all the time? What would be your excuse for not learning to play?

Matches would probably be a lot more random, so the odds of winning wouldn't be the same as they are now, because the opposition wouldn't just be veterans with thousands of hours.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AJ Malloy said:

Allowing golds into silver districts was the fix they introduced "after" locking the golds into gold districts, unfortunately this has't solved the problem it just moved it one tear lower.

^^pretty much this.

Gold district: empty

Silver district: full of golds

Bronze district: full of silvers

High golds roll all over the low golds and silver's in the silver district while telling them to "git gud" The silvers then have enough of being rolled and go to the bronze district instead.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AJ Malloy said:

I'm a 255 silver most of the time, so when playing in silver district I loose most of my missions, what is your advice for me? I personally don't feel I have stagnated on the same level for a long while, so don't come at me with learn to play, I know the theory, I just suck at executing it. So just quitting the game it is then, because there is no space left for me? In the current world the silver districts are populated from the best players down to those that are a few weeks into the game, no wonder there's people who constantly loose and then go to a bronze district to feel some sort of accomplishment. Allowing golds into silver districts was the fix they introduced to locking the golds into gold districts, unfortunately this has't solved the problem it just moved it one tear lower.

You are forgeting the other option, depending more on your team.

I know you are creating excuses, there is no way you suck 100% of the time trully knowing the game and being rank 255. There is NO way, ive been there when being silver was the proper silver and i had to face golds.

2 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

I know you are creating excuses, there is no way you suck 100% of the time trully knowing the game and being rank 255. There is NO way, ive been there when being silver was the proper silver and i had to face golds.

not everyone is you tho

while i have similar difficulty not really understanding high rank silvers (or lower even), its pretty obvious that if you dont care much about the game/combat then you also wont retain much knowledge about it

4 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

I'm creating excuses for what? If being a silver in a silver district requires excuses, then yes ... I do create excuses, I merely wanted to describe to you how many people feel and that saying "learn to play" doesn't solve all problems. Gold players should not forget they are playing in the district s that are meant to be reserved for the silver population. Their behavior there sadly is like them being invited to someone's house and than laying their feet on the owners couch while still wearing their dirty shoes. I don't mind golds joining the silver districts, but they should respect the people the districts are meant for.

On this note, I hope Little Orbit will be able to alter the system vin a way that these discussions will become a thing of the past soon

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

not everyone is you tho

while i have similar difficulty not really understanding high rank silvers (or lower even), its pretty obvious that if you dont care much about the game/combat then you also wont retain much knowledge about it

But if you dont care good enough, why complain then? Everyone knows by now this is not a casual game... why do you force yourself to play a hardcore game when you have not the necessary and go and abuse lower skilled players? Yet later complain that someone else does the same to you?

With what face could anyone do that?