Jump to content

Should Jericho Be Merged With Citadel?  

29 members have voted

  1. 1. Title. Should Jericho Be Merged With Citadel?

    • Yes
      17
    • No
      9
    • Wait it out and see
      3


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Having personally witnessed the awful decline in population over the last few years, I think its safe to say Jericho, or what remains of it, needs to be merged with Citadel. Its Tuesday, and as of writing this at 5:19EST, this seems to be the highest pop of the server time at 38 players, with 14 of those players being in social district, and the other 24 being a pretty even 11-13 split. Earlier today around 2PM it was 20 people, with 8 of them being in social.

 

I personally think we should just rip off the band-aid and do the merger. There's no sense in dividing what little population this game holds among continental servers.

Edited by NotTheEnforcer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CookiePuss said:

It's not happening.

Enjoy your poll.

They shoved Han in Jericho, why wouldnt Jericho-Citadel merge be possible. Also, you seem to be extremely negative on the forums. Not to mention not really coming back with anything that could help Jericho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NotTheEnforcer said:

They shoved Han in Jericho, why wouldnt Jericho-Citadel merge be possible. Also, you seem to be extremely negative on the forums. Not to mention not really coming back with anything that could help Jericho.

If you've been paying attention you know that live is being left up as a courtesy while the EU is worked on. 

 

Expect no work to happen on the current live client. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

If you've been paying attention you know that live is being left up as a courtesy while the EU is worked on. 

 

Expect no work to happen on the current live client. 

Oh I didnt necessarily mean it like right this second lol, like when both servers are actively ready. Then merge them, when there wont be a production conflict.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it's a matter of should we merge, but whether. Is it a good idea with the spaghetti code current engine. Made a thread a bit back asking why not merge, and most responded saying there were a lot of technical problems with past merges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's also going to make the game unplayable for people living in and around the oceania region (myself included).

The current location of the EU servers puts latency between 280-330 for people in this area, not that there are that many of us left..

 

Still, it's not like the game has much of a choice with pop as it is, even though there's no changes currently planned, it seems like an inevitability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either merge, or offer free character transfers. What few left play on Jericho shouldn't have to suffer just because Little Orbit is incapable of keeping their promises about the engine upgrade.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As if South Americans and Australians don't have high enough ping already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SquirrelFace said:

As if South Americans and Australians don't have high enough ping already.

I would prefer 300 ping over no missions because nobody is online. I'm having a hard enough time leveling up my other character with Financial being the only active mission district. On Citadel.

Edited by Infinito

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its not happening even if we wanted it. servers wil be a mess if the engine upgrade comes. some wil return but i doubt we wil see a huge change to the population. but i hope with new content after upgrade we wil see a change in the game final.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Infinito said:

I would prefer 300 ping over no missions because nobody is online. I'm having a hard enough time leveling up my other character with Financial being the only active mission district. On Citadel.

Having played between 80-220 ping over the years from Australia (Han --> Joker --> Colby --> Jericho), I personally believe anything above 220-230 to be completely unplayable.

If you REALLY want to push it, 250 is tolerable (though not fun), but 300 is simply too much delay.

 

If you can cope with it go for it, but I'll take a smaller server  over a larger one where everything is 2 seconds behind what I see on my screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Oh I didnt necessarily mean it like right this second lol, like when both servers are actively ready. Then merge them, when there wont be a production conflict.

They are going to make district phasing with the engine upgrade so matchmaking is going to take from one pool of players anyway. There's no point to merge the servers at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UpholdThePeace said:

Having played between 80-220 ping over the years from Australia (Han --> Joker --> Colby --> Jericho), I personally believe anything above 220-230 to be completely unplayable.

If you REALLY want to push it, 250 is tolerable (though not fun), but 300 is simply too much delay.

 

If you can cope with it go for it, but I'll take a smaller server  over a larger one where everything is 2 seconds behind what I see on my screen.

I would say you'll probably get used to it. I've had a clan mate from South Africa, playing with 300-400ms. Although he was always complaining, his scores were pretty good.

When I first started playing  APB I had a terrible wifi connection on the attic. The MS went from 100 to 2000 at randoms. Even though it's fucking annoying, It would always be better than not playing at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The problem is in the game(lags,cheaters,lack of significant new content for years)aint gonna be solved by mergin servers.Gonna make the experience for EU players even worse and the game will continue dying.Not gona change sht.They better remove the threat restrictions for NA-that may actually bring some players there

p.s. plus the CEO already said that the engine also holds back the merger so cant be done before that..

Edited by AlienTM
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AlienTM said:

threat restrictions for NA-that may actually bring some players there

p.s. plus the CEO already said that the engine also holds back the merger

So they can't merge till this engine comes, Who's idea was this. Boarding the door shut?

I voted Yes. That pretty much seals my wallet

As far as desegregation goes, your gonna loose your casual daily players, n gain a bunch of tryhard golds that your not really gaining cuz they already here, they would just be able to goto bronze n farm. Meaning no place would be playable for casuals

 When i say casual I mean Legit non cheating players, non toxic in chat, non trolling.  I got news for ya, theres already quit a few golds that come in bronze n call EZ n Noob, or just troll the Real Players. Im not spending a dime, I feel like ive been robbed.

 They cant even afford a GM to keep to keep the trolls out. Every fkn Day same player that goes by the name of an 80s Arcade game come in does his best to ruin the game. Why U dont have cookies like facebook games. I used to run several accounts and it was known if you cheated FB would put a cookie on you that said you were a cheat, n that pc would not be able to use that game afterward. so u cheat on one account, u lost them all. wasnt fb itself but Zynga games. Only way out was a complete wipe of the pc.

couse tech has changed that was 10 yrs ago..fuck im old

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

guys, this game starts year and ends year and it remains the same, give up, free yourself slaves haha

 

Merged.

 

Same big lame excuse for years ''Changes only after Engine'' this ain't being produced get real, fuck...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Either merge, or offer free character transfers. What few left play on Jericho shouldn't have to suffer just because Little Orbit is incapable of keeping their promises about the engine upgrade.

What's this, a person with a brain???? Rare thing to find in the Apb community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2021 at 8:40 PM, Jinsen said:

What's this, a person with a brain???? Rare thing to find in the Apb community.

Yeah I legitimately wouldnt mind a character merge. I dont think my ms would be much higher anyway. Maybe like 70-150? I grew up with like 270-300ms average so thats nothing lmao

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you're looking for a new multiplayer game to play, honestly just finding out what all your friends and neighbors are playing would yield the best experience. *Except for* Call of Duty, the multiplayer in that game is such a randomly buggy mess I can't believe people compete in it for prizes. 

Edited by Tumbies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Yeah I legitimately wouldnt mind a character merge. I dont think my ms would be much higher anyway. Maybe like 70-150? I grew up with like 270-300ms average so thats nothing lmao

Respect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Yeah I legitimately wouldnt mind a character merge. I dont think my ms would be much higher anyway. Maybe like 70-150? I grew up with like 270-300ms average so thats nothing lmao

I"m cursed. I grew up on split screen and LAN. Even on LAN we would fight over who gets to host due to host advantage in some games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a poll will not change anything, you're attempts are futile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...