Jump to content
Aroa Croft

re lauch fallen earth petition

Recommended Posts

On 5/19/2021 at 8:29 AM, Sang said:

Whatever it takes to get Lifenet cranking out clones, I'm for it.

Total wipe, No clan vaults, Fewer Sectors.

Don't care.. as long as it's there.

 

~Sang from Fallen Earth~

 

 

 

I agree with Sang , just let me back to wasteland . 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't posted since kit. Long enough that I don't even have my origional login. Sup aroa/sang/nysek. I miss yet hate you all. Please bring this game back.

Music Afficionado

Wargasm

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Music_Afficionado said:

I haven't posted since kit. Long enough that I don't even have my origional login. Sup aroa/sang/nysek. I miss yet hate you all. Please bring this game back.

Music Afficionado

Wargasm

 


Hate is such a strong word, but I'll be sure to send you to the cloner if I have to 👏

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NysekZePope said:


Hate is such a strong word, but I'll be sure to send you to the cloner if I have to 👏

This just made me extra homesick for FE.☢️

Been so very long since I've been sent to the cloner via the death express.☠️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure what's the point of repeating myself, but I feel like it)

The only thing we might miss at launch, is most of the map.

The End.

 

P.S. - Kinda weak, since we need OP for events, and maybe Alpha for harvies. Goin at it backwards kinda not the way things get done, so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2021 at 12:44 AM, Creeping Vulture said:

I'm not sure what's the point of repeating myself, but I feel like it)

The only thing we might miss at launch, is most of the map.

The End.

 

P.S. - Kinda weak, since we need OP for events, and maybe Alpha for harvies. Goin at it backwards kinda not the way things get done, so...

As long as there are tents and atvs I'm sure there will be plenty of sick atv jumps we can do to keep ourselves occupied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2021 at 2:09 AM, MattScott said:

Hey everyone,

 

You've been more than patient, and you deserve a better update.

As a company, we need to clear two projects off our plate to be able to dedicate proper resources to my plans for Fallen Earth. 

 

Having said that, I have started looking at intermediate ways I can put things online for you guys to experiment with.

Please don't over hype this. I just realize this is taking longer than I planned, so I'm looking for near term solutions.

 

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt, I'm wondering if that would be the easiest way. Put the game online on a 5$ rough subscription as a Test Access Server, and implement what you can, and then you have an infinite number of bug testers and glitch seekers to help with general feedback. I know I'm more than willing to go through some tests as things reopen or progress. I would personally offer my direct assistance but I don't have contact info right off hand since the Discords went private.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its been a while since I have checked the forum, this is good news I look forward to playing Fallen Earth again ;)-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can count me in as a tester also. Did closed beta for FE a long time ago.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No offence, but another one MMO or just any game in "Early Access" (and alot of those around) with even a 5 buck price tag, only to search for bugs, and pay for it...nah.

That's not a way to invite more players to build a base, that's another one closed circuit, very bad idea.

 

It was always the other way around, team was offering ingame stuff for bein a tester, instead of players paying irl money for such a "privilege")

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/9/2021 at 9:39 PM, Creeping Vulture said:

No offence, but another one MMO or just any game in "Early Access" (and alot of those around) with even a 5 buck price tag, only to search for bugs, and pay for it...nah.

That's not a way to invite more players to build a base, that's another one closed circuit, very bad idea.

 

It was always the other way around, team was offering ingame stuff for bein a tester, instead of players paying irl money for such a "privilege")

you can always wait until everyone else do the hard yards then join

Edited by cyasoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a relaunch would be great IF they dont think they will be able to do the upgraded reboot. Either way all in when FE makes a return. /waiting

 

If just a relaunch do it kinda slow like only s1 and s2. Then later with s3 and so on. i think would be interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2021 at 10:09 AM, MattScott said:

Hey everyone,

 

You've been more than patient, and you deserve a better update.

As a company, we need to clear two projects off our plate to be able to dedicate proper resources to my plans for Fallen Earth. 

 

Having said that, I have started looking at intermediate ways I can put things online for you guys to experiment with.

Please don't over hype this. I just realize this is taking longer than I planned, so I'm looking for near term solutions.

 

Thanks,
Matt

Is there any news or something? Most of the players who look forward to the return of FE don't care too much about the new engine. What we really want is for FE to return and that's it. Simply with a total reboot we would be happy. It is true that we would lose old progress but it is the best solution. Besides, FE can still be a good source of income. Please Matt we look forward to your updates.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any clue what it will be and when it will be ?

 

I say that the maps s1 and s2 are safe even with the bug that so evil duplicator since the objects that are obtained lack any value at high levels.

 

- Idea : a donation of 5-10 euros / dollars for the creation of an account, which thus we remove the idea of people who make 300 unnecessary accounts, we already know where this leads and where it ends.

a greeting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

while fallen earth was running it was slowly dying from the lack of playerbase, the exploits, and the gameplay quirks. getting shut off was its best chance at coming back better. I think its best chance now would be to bring back sector 1, with a wipe. one tier of bloodsports, 2 or 3 pvp zones, a new economy that can be fixed with a new sector in the future if it gets broken, and enough material to rp with. plus a smaller game for the limited playerbase.

 

get the ball rolling from there, keep working on fixing the many problems the game has right now, and fallen earth might have a few more good years in it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Players leaved cz of the lack of new pve content, and lotsa a pvp content ~50+.

 

That's it. No magic, no mystery. You got nothing else to do, u get bored.

 

And then again lotsa pve goodies was cut out.

 

End of story.

 

That acc thingie however is not really a problem, more like affection towards the game and its mechanics. So many of them cz of the faction system, roleplay etc, and then there's a lack of storage space and next to none possibilities to get it for game currency. Thus, reward system is easily exploited for rp, since u just have to log-in once a month for ur 50. Its fubared, unfixable. No matter what u do, u can only tighten up screws, and that leads to bots. And deleting the whole thing is a nice big FU to whole players base, so...one of those catch 22 things. Rn at least u dont have to do much, just log-in. Well, didnt have to, anyway)

 

And how come that 5 buck starter pack, say, is not an option already? At least no one points the barrel at the back of ur nut, and u have some resemblance of freedom of will.

 

And, oh, yeah...if anyone to just relaunch FE as it was, that be cool, but, prolly would have to wait for the whole thing, or we would have only part of the map at new launch.

And, considering what we saw, I say we may have another Boneclaw revamp on our hands)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless they miraculously fix the atrocious server issues with lag/delay, crashing etc. that was experienced in the last ~2 years of Fallen Earth I don't see the point in bringing it back online even for nostalgic purposes unless you're fine with 10 server restarts per day because of it crashing/lagging out and losing items/progress.

Do it right the first time, fix it and port it to a new engine and give it a real chance at revival. You could cater to a lot of the indie community's if this game was fixed up properly and marketed right and get a 300 to 600 playerbase. This is the only game people mention when people ask for a post apocalyptic MMORPG even people who haven't played it. Game could be profitable if it capitalizes on the cosmetics similar to how APB has survived and focus on social media presence to passively advertise for the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2021 at 4:54 AM, Anneliesse said:

Unless they miraculously fix the atrocious server issues with lag/delay, crashing etc. that was experienced in the last ~2 years of Fallen Earth I don't see the point in bringing it back online even for nostalgic purposes unless you're fine with 10 server restarts per day because of it crashing/lagging out and losing items/progress.

Do it right the first time, fix it and port it to a new engine and give it a real chance at revival. You could cater to a lot of the indie community's if this game was fixed up properly and marketed right and get a 300 to 600 playerbase. This is the only game people mention when people ask for a post apocalyptic MMORPG even people who haven't played it. Game could be profitable if it capitalizes on the cosmetics similar to how APB has survived and focus on social media presence to passively advertise for the game.

I think most of the issue that people were having is that they took down Fallen Earth as if it was time to get to work, and then spent a bunch of time on everything other than Fallen Earth. Taking it away should have been done when progress was going to be made in my general opinion.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not mean to be rude, nor to disrespect LO but, I do not see any commitment to FE, they always leave us a message with little or no information promising things that do not arrive. What does it mean for them to seek short-term solutions? one year? Please Matt I know that it is not easy and that they have other things but a little information every so often would be good.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is a game with tens of thousands of articles written on its forums still closed? The game is not even in the priority stage, they think we will do it one day. This game is the father of post apocalyptic mmo, I think it's enough to keep it closed, I don't think the value of some things should be measured by money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2021 at 5:41 PM, heuanox said:

Why is a game with tens of thousands of articles written on its forums still closed? The game is not even in the priority stage, they think we will do it one day. This game is the father of post apocalyptic mmo, I think it's enough to keep it closed, I don't think the value of some things should be measured by money.

For a business (which Little Orbit is) everything has to measured by its monetary value. You can't keep the lights on if there is little to no income. You cannot pay staff wages to improve or fix a game with an income stream less than the expenses. If you did the company would go under real quick.

 

FE while quaint isn't the be all and end all of games. There are so many great titles out there to play with a lot better graphics, game play, etc. Hence why FE was not that popular. It only drew certain types of gamers to it. Yes those that played it loved it and some would love to see it up running again. But the realists know that before it was closed down the game was in an abysmal state and could not continue as it was. Putting FE back online because people wish it in its current form would be a complete waste of time, money and effort for LO.

 

So while it is fine to romanticise FE being back online for no other reason than nostalgia, the reality is that almost everything is measured by money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New graphic engine, combat system balanced and anti-cheat or no reason to re-install in my case.

We've already waited for too long, at least re-open the old shit for nostalgic people, it cost almost nothing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...