Sakebee

Weapon Balance

I'm still in the middle of testing some weapons so I'll only comment on the one's which I have the most experience with or which stand out the most.

N-TEC 7 URSUS: I thought the changes would have been too much, but honestly they didn't hit this weapon as hard as I thought. This weapon is still a good option and people still complain when I use it. Overall I think it's in a good place where it's competitive but not overpowered like it was before.

OCA-EW 626: It definitely packs a punch now, but it's hard for me to gauge the overall effectiveness of this weapon within it's specified role due to changes made to the SR15 and NTEC-5. I will go into more details on those weapons which will be marked with three stars ***.

OCA Whisper: Seems more fair now without the 50m effective range.

Obeya CAP40: This smg is much more reliable now, thanks for the changes.

ATAC: The nerf didn't affect this weapon nearly as much as I thought it would but due to it's niche role in being a hybrid between an assault rifle and an SMG, I don't think decreasing the range/accuracy any further would be the best solution. It's a very easy weapon to use, so maybe a VERY slight decrease in fire rate would be a good option? Maybe just enough to increase the TTK to 0.735 instead of 0.700

***N-TEC 5: I'm not even using mobility sling and this thing is way too effective up close. I shouldn't be consistently deleting SMG users in CQC. The change to maximum bloom needs to be reverted because right now I can straight up spray and pray with similar or better accuracy than a PMG.

OBIR: The nerf on ammo was a bit too much. Could we please set the reserve ammo to 180? Everything else is fine.

N-HVR Scout: I stand by my previous statement of saying this change makes the NHVR 762 not worth using. People can still jumpshot with this weapon, and it's far easier to use in a sniper battle. I've been able to miss several consecutive shots and still land the kill on the 2nd hit, and it feels a bit cheesy because the scout is supposed to be a skill based weapon which grants mobility and situational awareness in exchange for punishing inaccurate shots.

***Joker SR-15: Dear lord this thing is an absolute monster at the moment, and not in a good way. The weapon is so strong, there is no reason for me to even equip my OCA 626 because the SR15 is a straight upgrade to it. It has better accuracy, better mobility/dodging (due to warping), less shots to kill, better effective range, better hipfire accuracy, and virtually the same TTK as an OCA if you have the timing right. Also people can equip cooling jacket 3 on this weapon with barely any penalty due to the bloom recovery buff. The majority of my matches yesterday were all carbine users who were wiping the floor with everyone, and it was the complete opposite of fun. One of the few matches I won that day was only after equipping my own default SR15 with no mod slots. With that weapon I was able to consistently wipe the opposite team in a 2vs2 match where the opposition was gold and their weapons consisted of an Ursus and an NHVR 762 (which are not bad weapons especially in the area we fought in where there were rooftops and open spaces surrounded by cover). Multiple times when I wiped them, my team mate was busy doing the objective and it was more like a 2vs1 situation. I didn't think this small change to accuracy/bloom would bring this thing up to a similar status as the OSCAR but it did, and that's not a good thing since the OSCAR can do the job of like 3 different gun categories in the game and outperform all of them. PLEASE, keep the extra ammo but revert the changes to bloom per shot on the SR15. I cannot stress enough how utterly game breaking these two weapons currently are in the meta. The SR15 didn't need an accuracy buff, the OSCAR just needs a nerf to accuracy and bloom recovery.

Colby RSA: I tried so hard to make this weapon work, but it just doesn't in it's current state. In fact I think it's worse off than it was before, and the ACT44 golden marksman completely outclasses this weapon, despite the nerfs to the ACT44 as a whole. The changes on the RSA are self defeating. Why would you increase bloom recovery if you can't make use of it due to the weapon's fire rate being nerfed? Keep the bloom recovery, but please revert all other changes.

PIG: If we're going to eliminate cheap gimmicks (which I think we absolutely should in the case of the PIG), then the rest of the LTL arsenal needs to be brought up to date. The Stabba CCG is severely lacking in ammo and the muzzle flash/smoke effect has completely obscured my target and gotten me killed on more than one occasion, the TG-8 needs a slight decrease in time to stun/TTS, and the NL9 needs to have the same accuracy + fire rate as the Corsair.

• Like 2

Nobody is happy with the change. Why cant you just focus on buffing/nerfing the weapons we can all agree with? Cap40, Norsean series, fr0g, harbringer, frenzy, "tommy gun", death&taxes, aces smg, cobra, strife, rabbit,...   Just notice how much shitty weapons I named now and thats not even a full list.

Some people are entitled to ntec, oca, pmg, hvr, and that ok. Its controversal for a reason. These are the most used ones. Cuz they are not shitty and not op. Most used - most discussed. Everybody has his weakness. I dont like VBR/JG personally but thats my problem. I know they are not op.

Revert this bullshoot

Focus on the really shitty ones that we can all agree with.. So they can compete with meta

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor
  • Like 2

lmao.

>carbine buffed

Everyone remotely decent at carbine is using it again.

Imagine my shock.

To sum it up.

LO nerfed: Snub and PIG

and buffed: Joker and OCA

I haven't spend any money on the game since 2014 or so. Only playing sporadically now. Mostly with LTL (without Percs). Changes like these don't give me any confidence that LO will do a better job than G1. I guess I am gonna play even less now (=~5% drop in the NA pop) if these changes stand.

• Like 2

On 9/15/2020 at 3:08 PM, Resine said:

That's funny though, instead of making weapons more accurate, more fluent between switching to secondary and primary you just nerf it.

Let's make weapon less accurate,

Let's make weapons equip longer,

Let's add weird bolt time mechanics,

The point I want to make is that I don't really care about changes to any weapon in particular, it just it seems to me that you want to stale and slow down entire gameplay to further decline the fun and freedom of guns this game once had.

agreed, this is what i was talking about in another thread about how they are making the gunplay 'clunky' 

the fun parts of the game was quick switching, jump shotting, being quicker than your opponent with your pistol etc etc... now its very basic and slow 1 weapon for specific range style fights. 

• Like 3

Look at the numbers. 

There used ti be a pop jump every major update, and every weapon update used to be delicate.

Look now what people think about your update "downgrade". 

Whoever is at the bottom for these stupid changes should stop what he is doing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Have never complained about a nerf before until I tried using the PIG today...

Like, seriously?  With the health damage unchanged, the PIG is now more likely to kill people than it is to stun them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You know this game problem,

You nerf meta weapons - fun weapons - accurate weapons - bringing their closer to trash tier weapons no one likes to use and even if some do, they don't because they can't compete against meta.

So why not bring trash tier weapons up, so they can actually compete making higher pool of fun weapon, instead of making less and less options to choose from?

• Like 4

On 9/11/2020 at 7:32 PM, Leefekyn said:

Like the PIG changes, can I recommend stun grenades get nerfed to 850 stun damage as well? Maybe buff the ltl primaries too? Also, bloom recovery on the TG-8 could be buffed, as it stands it can be a bit inconsistent. (Recovery Delay is too long, but recovery per second is very good.)

Also you nerfed the snub? The equip time was the only reason to use the gun in any situation. Could have been better to add some timer to the JG instead of nerfing a meme weapon.

Also, I don't think the PIG nerf will alter PIG+Perc much. Damage dropoff doesn't start until 3m (out of the 5.5m radius) with the percs, so there is still a decent buffer for missing. I definitely need to test it in game to be sure though. I'm still all for the PIG change, but don't think it will nerf that playstyle at all. 

Smells like Criminal ButtHurtness to me.

Merged.

On 9/11/2020 at 8:32 PM, Vnight said:

Oh great... more nerfing.

And to see most of you even agree with it, disgusting.

This way you can all see what this place has evolved into.

Secluded mindsets, ready to pop out whenever there is something to abuse over whatever is left of this game.

Cheering this terminal condition under the impression that every step its actually good as long as it sound like an update.

At this point we will have to cope with this preeminent sect of ppl that consider harm as a productive improvement overall.

No wonder you can't find this game articles ANYWHERE, not even low radar top games of any kind, not before,and not EVER i believe.

Yet the strange thing is that this game does have addictive properties, so it does have allot of potential, problem is the influence of its reputation and development.

The translation for this kind of "updates" should sound something like this: "disarm all the noobs of their metas, and let us yellows enjoy it all."

I must say... i haven't seen any good upgrade other than that jt store improvement since LO took over.

Either way, you have officially nerfed all the weapons i enjoyed using before, "thaaaaaanx!" LO, less weapons to play, less interest to endorse the rules.

Gonna have to enjoy afk more often than before now... it helps with the justification of staying bronze ^^ cuz u see, being bronze avoids you of that stupid district joining extra text, which depletes my mouse allot, silver is so yesterday, and im loving it.

I'm only joining this game to play dailies twice a week, as for winning or losing, i couldn't care less, after all... it is our health in play here, if you reality check into it.

I would like to honor mention the Mobile cover, you have drove that into the ground right after a few months i just got used to it, thank you LO couldn't appreciate more. you bunch are all over it when i less expected it, keep up the good job 🙂

I kinda have this feeling that after engine upgrade they will gain some overconfidence and start hunting down bronze 255 lmao.

Good for me, im tired by now, and all i want its some peace and fucking relaxation, this game its all about stress, and addiction.

All I hear is meta gun user that is Butthurt. The upate is legit, sure it needs some tweaking but it was warranted becuz of Tryhard meta boys.

On 10/2/2020 at 11:51 PM, Havana said:

Smells like Criminal ButtHurtness to me.

Nah, I almost exclusively use LTL on enforcer. I just didn't like where the Pig was, or where Stun Grenades are. I did also recommend buffing the other LTL weapons.