Jump to content
Resine

Engine Update IS the worst tha happened to APB

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

And why do players dethreate? Gold threat is to easy to achieve. The gap between high gold and low gold players is way too big! Matchmaking puts high premade group against random low gold and silver groups. Of course better team always easily wins and goes on a win streak of 20... So yeah i do believe with a proper matchmaking dethreaters wouldn't exist

Stop paying attention to colors, the divisions are completely arbitrary, instead of Bronze Silver or Gold, think of threat as going from 1-30... cuz it does.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2020 at 8:59 PM, Resine said:

To be honest, engine update is what doomed APB, for couple of years now, there are bugs, issues, imbalances of various kinds, thousands of community ideas, propositions, expectations that are not fulfilled because of "team being busy working on the update", while the players pool diminishes each and every day.

Say, you deliver it, the game will feel smoother and I will get few extra FPS, it doesn't look that much better than RTW looked like and the core of game mechanics won't change for years to come, since you will be busy fixing thousands of issues after the patch.

Looking from times perspective, I would rather have current engine that is patched to community carefully filtered demands and expectations, with fluid patches that take care of bugs, issues, complaints and bring balance across the board, and some day switch to new Engine, rather than play this shit that hasn't seen major patch in AGES, while we wait for miraculous engine update for years to come.

You are just absolutely clueless as to what the engine updgrade would bring to the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RespectThis said:

A variety of reasons. Because of "gold cheaters" is one of them. Dethreating to go to bronze district is no excuse for not wanting to verse better and more coordinated players. Only way to get better is to verse better players anyway. Even with a reworked system i guarantee you people will still dethreat.  Going against low gold and silver groups only really happens often when the games population is low like it currently is. Even in a group of 2-3 its hard to find opposition for me and my buddies. There still seems to be a hidden threat system behind the bronze, silver, gold. At the end of the day you have to take the training wheels off at some point. Can't just hide in bronze forever. 

There isn't really that many cheaters in the game as most players claim. I agree dethreating is not the way and should be stopped. Yes the only way to get better is to play against better players, but you must understand not every person has a good pc and internet connection. I for one have a decent pc, as far as i can see my fps is around 120 to 144 fps but i get crazy stutters and i die all the time because of them (yes i do have SSD). I pretty much all the time play solo because i am not an active player and all the people i played with don't play anymore. Often get a silver on my team, playing on Citadel server.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

There isn't really that many cheaters in the game as most players claim. I agree dethreating is not the way and should be stopped. Yes the only way to get better is to play against better players, but you must understand not every person has a good pc and internet connection. I for one have a decent pc, as far as i can see my fps is around 120 to 144 fps but i get crazy stutters and i die all the time because of them (yes i do have SSD). I pretty much all the time play solo because i am not an active player and all the people i played with don't play anymore. Often get a silver on my team, playing on Citadel server.

By "gold cheaters" i mean players are under the impression that people cheat. I've been called a cheater time and time again in whispers. Its not an uncommon thing for high threat gold players to have happen.  
 

Internet connection and rig aren't a good excuse for not wanting to face better players. Yeah it sucks but thats more on the player not the devs/game.

 

Ya generally soloing will get you silver teammates or op since it only has to match you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

There isn't really that many cheaters in the game as most players claim. I agree dethreating is not the way and should be stopped. Yes the only way to get better is to play against better players, but you must understand not every person has a good pc and internet connection. I for one have a decent pc, as far as i can see my fps is around 120 to 144 fps but i get crazy stutters and i die all the time because of them (yes i do have SSD). I pretty much all the time play solo because i am not an active player and all the people i played with don't play anymore. Often get a silver on my team, playing on Citadel server.

If you're able to play without dethreating and getting performance issues, I see zero reason for others to dethreat even more so due to PC problems. If you're doing bad due to a bad pc, you'll dethreat naturally. The issue isn't that, it's the intentional. It causes griefing to actual new players in the bronze districts. They need a place to learn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

And why do players dethreate? Gold threat is to easy to achieve. The gap between high gold and low gold players is way too big! Matchmaking puts high premade group against random low gold and silver groups. Of course better team always easily wins and goes on a win streak of 20... So yeah i do believe with a proper matchmaking dethreaters wouldn't exist

Players dethreat because they want easy matches where they win the whole time.

Edited by MrChan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2020 at 12:59 PM, Resine said:

To be honest, engine update is what doomed APB, for couple of years now, there are bugs, issues, imbalances of various kinds, thousands of community ideas, propositions, expectations that are not fulfilled because of "team being busy working on the update",

 

There are bugs, Imbalances of various kinds, thousands of community ideas, propositions, expectations that can't be included because of the current state of the engine. 

On 6/20/2020 at 12:59 PM, Resine said:

 

Say, you deliver it, the game will feel smoother and I will get few extra FPS, it doesn't look that much better than RTW looked like and the core of game mechanics won't change for years to come, since you will be busy fixing thousands of issues after the patch.

 

Yes smoother and more FPS is what we want. 
Who is expecting it to look much different? This is just an engine upgrade not a full remake.
The engine upgrade we give the Devs the ability to make graphical and interface changes as well as improvements in many more areas. 
Can you elaborate on what you actually mean by "changing core of game mechanics?"   

 

On 6/20/2020 at 12:59 PM, Resine said:

I would rather have current engine that is patched to community carefully filtered demands and expectations, with fluid patches that take care of bugs, issues, complaints and bring balance across the board, and some day switch to new Engine, rather than play this shit that hasn't seen major patch in AGES, while we wait for miraculous engine update for years to come.

There is only so much you can do to patch an old game engine. There has been many patches and there are still bugs because the things that we want just wont work as hardware is steadily advancing . The old engine can't keep up with current and future technologies.

So yes we wait for the "miraculous engine update" Which is just around the corner. That is more likely to solve many of the current problems we face with this game. 
And newer problems that come up will not take as long to patch. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

There isn't really that many cheaters in the game as most players claim

We know its between 1% and 9% since LO has told us it was single digit percentages.
So if there are 1,000 people playing... 10-90 are cheating.
So if you want to say it was more or less than people thought, this is the range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2020 at 2:04 PM, iRawwwN said:

negative, the worst thing for apb was old G1 (techmech and tiggs etc) deciding to take a quick cash boost and have it go to consoles first :^)

As a console player I can back this up..

 

The console version was a unfinished engine upgrade.

 

Half our playerbase lost hope in updates but Im patient. 

To the console players reading this stay patient. Once lo finishes pc. We'll get updated with content and than LO can start updating both platforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their inability to effectively curb the cheating has  also severely damaged the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2020 at 8:04 PM, iRawwwN said:

negative, the worst thing for apb was old G1 (techmech and tiggs etc) deciding to take a quick cash boost and have it go to consoles first : ^)

don't spit in the well . G1 did what she could . I am grateful to G1 .

 

you got what you wanted . let's see what the new engine and LO can give us .

 

Merged.

 

On 6/23/2020 at 8:57 PM, RespectThis said:

By "gold cheaters" i mean players are under the impression that people cheat. I've been called a cheater time and time again in whispers. Its not an uncommon thing for high threat gold players to have happen.
 

Internet connection and rig aren't a good excuse for not wanting to face better players. Yeah it sucks but thats more on the player not the devs/game.

 

Ya generally soloing will get you silver teammates or op since it only has to match you.

why don't I see the Golden dogs playing in the Golden arena  ?

Edited by yood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, yood said:

why don't I see the Golden dogs playing in the Golden arena  ?

Maybe because there is zero intensive to go there. A majority of players go to districts that have population. Most people don't know you can display ALL districts from the district select menu so they only see silver districts so thats what they choose. Golds being in silver districts doesn't change anything. We all saw what happened when golds were locked in gold districts (gold rush event). It was awful because they couldn't join districts because other threats, even trainees,  would join the districts forcing golds to have to wait in social or the district select menu.

Edited by RespectThis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RespectThis said:

Maybe because there is zero intensive to go there. A majority of players go to districts that have population. Most people don't know you can display ALL districts from the district select menu so they only see silver districts so thats what they choose. Golds being in silver districts doesn't change anything. We all saw what happened when golds were locked in gold districts (gold rush event). It was awful because they couldn't join districts because other threats, even trainees,  would join the districts forcing golds to have to wait in social or the district select menu.

I've been reading this nonsense for nine years . behind your excuses is simple trolling .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yood said:

I've been reading this nonsense for nine years . behind your excuses is simple trolling .

If you truly think my intent is to troll then clearly you're the one actually trying to troll. If you really think what i stated about gold rush isn't true then clearly you haven't been "reading" for nine years. Golds shouldn't be locked to districts that can be filled by other players its just silly. Dethreating into bronze districts and picking on actual new players is ACTUALLY the major issue. But hey believe me if you want. I couldn't care less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!                                                                                                                                                                          ha ha little orbit suck

 

 

YOU CAN'T MARK THE                                                                                                                                                           

GAME AS BAD OR DYING

EVEN THOUGH THE DEVELOPERS 

ARE WORKING HARDER THAN

EVER TO MAKE WHAT WAS ONCE A

FLOP INTO SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF!

On 6/20/2020 at 12:59 PM, Resine said:

I would rather have current engine that is patched to community carefully filtered demands and expectations

The newer hardware gets the worst APB runs, so if no one can play it what's the point in patching and updating it?

Edited by R3ACT3M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2020 at 8:57 PM, RespectThis said:

Internet connection and rig aren't a good excuse for not wanting to face better players. Yeah it sucks but thats more on the player not the devs/game.

All i'm saying is if you have bad internet connection and problems with the game, you will not be able to play at 100% capacity and you will have a big disadvantage when playing against players that are already batter then you. 

How can you say it's not devs fault. People used to play this game with Dual-Core processors in the old days with no problems. Now you need top end CPU and the game still doesn't run good. It's clear that in all the years they messed up the game code and made the game unplayeble

 

On 6/23/2020 at 9:05 PM, Abduct / Devote said:

If you're able to play without dethreating and getting performance issues, I see zero reason for others to dethreat even more so due to PC problems. If you're doing bad due to a bad pc, you'll dethreat naturally. The issue isn't that, it's the intentional. It causes griefing to actual new players in the bronze districts. They need a place to learn. 

I always wonder how many more players we would have if dethreaters wouldn't scare them away. The game is dying because of them and it seems like nothing is done on this matter

On 6/23/2020 at 9:07 PM, MrChan said:

Players dethreat because they want easy matches where they win the whole time.

The only reason players started dethreating was so they wouldn't be facing cheaters. But i'm sure now they just do it to get easier opponents. I remember it well when we gold players were locked to gold districts. So many complaining on the forums, a lot players left, some started to dethreat. Even after they later on undo the changes, some dethreaters didn't stop. We had this problem ever since

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nah fam the engine update wasn't the worst thing to happen to apb.

it was GamersFirst.
Your whole argument would be invalid if they kept their promise/actually worked on the engine update (I doubt they did very much when they were here as GamersFirst kept quiet on the progress on engine update and there was way more progress when LO took over). It didn't help that they didn't even communicate with the community very well or the fact that instead of working on the engine update, they went and release a half baked console version which no one really asked for.

 

Now it can't really be helped as UE3 is vastly outdated and it is in the best interest to upgrade it to UE3.5 which will aid development in the game as it's easier to work with(something along those lines I don't know the specifics)

Besides, we've been waiting like years for it anyway, if you're still here you obviously can wait. Beta 2.1 is around the corner, I doubt the miraculous engine update will take years more to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Vexxous said:

nah fam the engine update wasn't the worst thing to happen to apb.

it was GamersFirst.

the worst thing that happened to APB was being created 10 years too early
and strangely, by coming out too early the game is somehow behind when the time is right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

I always wonder how many more players we would have if dethreaters wouldn't scare them away. The game is dying because of them and it seems like nothing is done on this matter

 

We would have had lots of people wanting to play more. I don't know the solution, I wish I did. I feel like seperating by rank might help, instead of by threat. I would need a better image of the issue at hand rn tho, that might be outdated. Also I mean highest rank on the acct. I still feel like people would exploit that and purposefully not level...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Abduct / Devote said:

We would have had lots of people wanting to play more. I don't know the solution, I wish I did. I feel like seperating by rank might help, instead of by threat. I would need a better image of the issue at hand rn tho, that might be outdated. Also I mean highest rank on the acct. I still feel like people would exploit that and purposefully not level...

If threat means at least something about skill of a certain player, rank means absolutely nothing about it.

Maybe you meant somewhat new rank system, but had to remind.

I'm playing on bronze currently (saving up my nerves, insult me as a silver or dethreater, I don't give a hell), and I wonder some people being actual bronzes on max rank lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Nagletz said:

If threat means at least something about skill of a certain player, rank means absolutely nothing about it.

Maybe you meant somewhat new rank system, but had to remind.

I'm playing on bronze currently (saving up my nerves, insult me as a silver or dethreater, I don't give a hell), and I wonder some people being actual bronzes on max rank lol.

Threat means nothing when it comes to rank if u consider r255 silver vs Ts or new low lvl players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Nagletz said:

insult me as a silver or dethreater

I wont insult you for being silver, but if you are a dethreater you should be banned.

 

Rank can be an indicator of time played.

R255 and you can expect them to at least know how to equip grenades.

r9 and you cant be so sure

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

The only reason players started dethreating was so they wouldn't be facing cheaters. But i'm sure now they just do it to get easier opponents. I remember it well when we gold players were locked to gold districts. So many complaining on the forums, a lot players left, some started to dethreat. Even after they later on undo the changes, some dethreaters didn't stop. We had this problem ever since

"Gold is full of cheaters" is and always was a convenient excuse, that for the majority is a fib. If it was only about evading cheaters, dethreating would've a lot less prevalent once hard district segregation was relaxed and would've stopped altogether when EAC cut cheating down to very little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2020 at 6:15 PM, Pwnimon said:

Threat means nothing when it comes to rank if u consider r255 silver vs Ts or new low lvl players.

BUT some good player with "underthreatable" level of gold can create new account and go massacre bronze all day, that's what I witnessed a few times and not even joking, these guys are playing like players I used to see in silver servers. Maybe even better...  

That happens rarely, but it does, sadly.

 

Merged.

 

On 6/26/2020 at 6:16 PM, CookiePuss said:

I wont insult you for being silver, but if you are a dethreater you should be banned.

 

Rank can be an indicator of time played.

R255 and you can expect them to at least know how to equip grenades.

r9 and you cant be so sure

Don't get me wrong, I can play good, and I used to play in silver servers with no care like most golds, but... I got... tired? I can't say a right excuse here, and I just say I'm not playing like it matter of life for me, maybe other golds play with no clue about how they play, I dunno. 

Playing on bronze, I don't really care about the wins, using unpopular and sometimes considered "shitty" weapons, even chatting instead of playing lol. All mentioned could be really hard for me in silver, I can call if playing for fun, you can call it however you want.

Also... I'm not even dethreating anymore,I'm playing now like... silver I think. However my threat says so 🙂

I came to apb to play for fun, if I playing against what I see new and  very bad players, I don't see my right to ruin their fun as well, I lose to them if that's possible. I see my right to call other player "dethreater", simply because they... JUST. TRY. HARD. ON BRONZE. Are they wanna like me? I think not. Are they playing for fun? I think not. Someone inb4 excused to me: "I used to be raped like this when used to be a noob".

I don't want APB to become a society simulator, not in such terrible way...

About "get gud" phrase... I don't wanna be good, not against silvers in for sure. 

Sorry for my terrible English and thanks for reading, that was my honest opinion on this case.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2020 at 12:57 PM, Tourist said:

Their inability to effectively curb the cheating has  also severely damaged the game.

uninstall . exe

 

 

🤭

Edited by ShawLOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...