Lixil

PATCH NOTES 1.20.0 (1170)

nerfs seem kinda pointless as you aren't touching star and far at the same time

6 minutes ago, kalipsis said:

nerfs seem kinda pointless as you aren't touching star and far at the same time

why? they are way to weak compared to the n-tec how it is at the Moment . . . with the coming nerf of n-tec, star and far will be played more again i think

These 3 types of guns almost have the same ttk, bullets tk and range after the ntec nerf so anything is perfect -  for me it won't change anything since i always preferred star / far over ntec

My 2 cents on these changes since I can more or less use a mouse again.

- Health damage: Fine, still is a 6 STK, will help a little with its effectivity outside of its intended range.

- Fire Interval: Remove it. Why is it even there to begin with?

- Jump modifier: Seems fine enough to remove its jumpshot effectivity

- Recovery Decrease: Makes tap firing a liiiiiittle bit slower, but barely changes anything as you can still tap extremely fast.

- Effective Range: Also fine. Most players will use IR3 on it which gives it 53m range, and then add the extra effective range on top of it due to tap fire spamability.

Then again there aren't any players to test the guns against.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kakalaki said:

why? they are way to weak compared to the n-tec how it is at the Moment . . . with the coming nerf of n-tec, star and far will be played more again i think

These 3 types of guns almost have the same ttk, bullets tk and range after the ntec nerf so anything is perfect -  for me it won't change anything since i always preferred star / far over ntec

ye but now the ntec is pointless compared to far and star and far will just dominate like current ntec

10 minutes ago, kalipsis said:

ye but now the ntec is pointless compared to far and star and far will just dominate like current ntec

Wrong

With the current changes N-TEC will continue dominating ARs.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kalipsis said:

nope you are totally wrong, the far and star still got lower min damage range than the regular ntec and with them you also have to tap- or burstfire to hit sth. in over 50+ meters

just Shows to me that you didnt even try the ntec changes in the Testing District ... dont whine or Argument about sth you haven tried yet. I tried with a friend and we compared both guns and ntec still is good but now it's more balanced. I can recommend you to go to testing with a friend and compare the stock varaints of star and ntec

3 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Wrong

With the current changes N-TEC will continue dominating ARs.

wow! looks like i'm not the only one who tested hehe 🙂

but always peeing my Pants when ppl talk about things the just heard of

Im glad im not the only one thinking those NTEC changes are way too much.

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

My 2 cents on these changes since I can more or less use a mouse again.

- Health damage: Fine, still is a 6 STK, will help a little with its effectivity outside of its intended range.

- Fire Interval: Remove it. Why is it even there to begin with?

- Jump modifier: Seems fine enough to remove its jumpshot effectivity

- Recovery Decrease: Makes tap firing a liiiiiittle bit slower, but barely changes anything as you can still tap extremely fast.

- Effective Range: Also fine. Most players will use IR3 on it which gives it 53m range, and then add the extra effective range on top of it due to tap fire spamability.

Then again there aren't any players to test the guns against.

I guess the intervall change is to make it less competitive in the short ttk face spray scenarios.

Ntec changes lookin' good at a glance but I'll have to test it out later.  But fuhthaluvvagawd, can you guys please get into the habit of including pictures when you announce new clothing or items?  Please?  It's extremely annoying to have an announcement of new items without even being able to see them.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

3 minutes ago, Kansior said:

nerf also applies to n-tec 7 "Ursus" and n-tec 7 "New Glory"

No it doesn't, that's three fundamentally different guns.

Don't you understand that by nerfing ntec into the ground you're doing more negative than positive. None will start using star or far, everyone will just switch to obeya or ursus because they're two the strongest weapons after ntec. Later, People will be whining at those weapons. Just nerf the ntec accuracy a bit without touching its ttk and buff other ARs that need it. The only thing I really like about NTEC from B is nerfed recovery everything else will just make it useless

Edited by Lign
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, crusade said:

Pick one of these. As others have said, it's unnecessary to nerf all three aspects simultaneously when only one of these changes might be enough. It's kind of like troubleshooting something. You don't change three things about something then test to see if it works. You're not going to know which thing you did could have fixed it. Meanwhile, the other two things could just end up re-breaking it.

I still think the magazine nerf is better though (except down to 24 instead of 28).

That would precisely double the downside of mag pull 3 on n-tec. It won't kill the weapon but I find it quite trigerring.. unknown.png

But indeed. If LO decides to nerf every aspect about the weapon rather than one or two, I might actually start supporting an aggressive test-district-A nerf instead.

It does seem that they "overnerfed" the weapon on paper as there are a lot of changes, but none of these really matter, the gun is still the same with the only real difference being a little less range and harder jumpshots. With these changes it still stands above the rest and would remain being the meta gun.

11 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

How much does the Damage change affect in shots to kill? and at which ranges? check that and you see how much effect it truly has.  thsi effect really just has a lot impact on specific longer ranges during dropoff so it's impact is small and afffects togethr with the range nerf the long range capabilities.  it sounds much but truly isn't

The RoF change is to make it less cometitive with cqc guns, which is good, because the natural ttk of the N-tec always was too low.

These two changes put the n-tec more into it's bracket it always should have had.

The Debloom however, I cannot yet make out how much impact it will have, it always had a crazy debloom, and 3 is still a lot. it will probably be the biggest impact as it affects accuracy and ttk direcly at ranges.

But so far even if it sounds all drastically it is not too much it is needed to giove th n-tec a proper area to perform good without performing too good in other weapons niche.

It's enough to make it unable to dispatch Kevlar 1 laden opponents at min TTK, as well as further reducing the damage it deals at range, which is the whole point of my complaint. Bravo!

Every other short range weapon has many advantages over the NTEC, and the reduction in bloom recovery speed is more than enough to increase the effective TTK at range.
With that last sentence in mind, there is literally no reason to add a TTK nerf on top of bloom recovery and range reduction.

Can we please stop with this balancing trend where LO has to destroy weapons to please you all, and instead try to tune them to a still viable spot?

22 hours ago, Acornie said:

I agree, the 45m dropoff change isn't needed especially if they're going to make it have the the lower dmg as the FAR and STAR has, which would make it the stk increase start sooner anyway, right? And I think this time around I'll give them credit because it has felt they have listened. Other than my worry about the Rfp feeling underpowered I have no qualms about any changes
-
But uhhh, preset (non-customizeable) clothing? In Armas? I dunno about that decision, chief 

19 hours ago, crusade said:

Pick one of these. As others have said, it's unnecessary to nerf all three aspects simultaneously when only one of these changes might be enough. It's kind of like troubleshooting something. You don't change three things about something then test to see if it works. You're not going to know which thing you did could have fixed it. Meanwhile, the other two things could just end up re-breaking it.

I still think the magazine nerf is better though (except down to 24 instead of 28).

To be honest, nerfing all 3 aspects isn't actually breaking the gun.

The ttk change only "really" effects it's full auto capabilities which is fine. The range change helps reduce its range to allow the obeya and other weapons that like the 50m+ range to operate better, and the recovery change helps reduce its effectiveness while tap firing at range, however it does very little to hurt its burst/tap fire capabilities very slightly increasing the sub 50m ttk. The changes are NOT going to make the NTEC perform worse than the STAR, nor the FAR. But the NTEC will not perform FAR better like it currently does. The test B changes feel fine imo and i like them a ton better than the last test b.

I can understand why you'd want the mag nerf, but the mag nerf does not actually reduce the ntec's effectiveness where it matters for other guns to compete better. With a simple mag nerf, there will still be no point to not use ntec, because it will still dominate where it matters.

Merged.

6 hours ago, Nitronik said:

It's enough to make it unable to dispatch Kevlar 1 laden opponents at min TTK, as well as further reducing the damage it deals at range, which is the whole point of my complaint. Bravo!

Every other short range weapon has many advantages over the NTEC, and the reduction in bloom recovery speed is more than enough to increase the effective TTK at range.
With that last sentence in mind, there is literally no reason to add a TTK nerf on top of bloom recovery and range reduction.

Can we please stop with this balancing trend where LO has to destroy weapons to please you all, and instead try to tune them to a still viable spot?

Please note that it still does more damage than the star, and far, which means that nerfing its damage puts it in line with the rest of the assault rifles which have ttk increases due to KEVLAR. Also note that its obvious that they want to make it less effective at range.

Merged.

6 hours ago, GhosT said:

It does seem that they "overnerfed" the weapon on paper as there are a lot of changes, but none of these really matter, the gun is still the same with the only real difference being a little less range and harder jumpshots. With these changes it still stands above the rest and would remain being the meta gun.

it very well may be that they do not matter, however, it now feels similar to the FAR and STAR now in terms of handling. The gun doesn't feel nearly as powerful while testing, however the change does not feel over tuned. I was hoping for a nerf to the ntec similar to the current test B version, and i have to say that it feels like a good change.

Merged.

Here's my thoughts on test B after doing some testing on walls at different ranges up to 50m. (cause noones on)

Rate of fire change: Feels good, I have no issue with it being at .75 (same as the STAR) I had been hoping for it to have the same TTK as the star for a while now.

Bloom Recovery: Reduces its effectiveness slightly, it still recovers at a good speed, and is still reliably accurate with it at 50m. No complaints as its not "as" effective as it had been but still feels good. (The change feels similar to that of the STAR and FAR. Checking stats FAR and STAR have it at .4 rather than .3.)

Jump modifier: No complaints.

Health Damage: I can understand this change as it helps make it less effective at range and against kevlar (and CA). No real complaints with this change still causes 6stk in range.

Effective range: Makes it less effective at range to open up a little more room for other mid-range weapons like the obeya, I have no real complaints with it.

Overall i'd say the current TEST B makes the ntec feel more in line with the other assault rifles. Though I wish i could play test it for a better review.

11 hours ago, GhosT said:

You can’t say it without playing normal missions with it. People thought that nerfed ntec by g1 was okay until they played it for a month. I agree the current ntec is overpowered but I don’t see any reason to nerf its ttk with nerfing bloom recovery to make it worse than star, it’s overnerfed, ntec just needs removed jumpshots and nerfed bloom recovery, nothing else. If you think it will make people using star often, you’re wrong, people will just abuse obeya and ursus and with that ntec nerf LO just removes it from the meta circle without adding star and far in it, so people will just use remaining meta weapons

Edited by Lign

11 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

That would precisely double the downside of mag pull 3 on n-tec. It won't kill the weapon but I find it quite trigerring..

But indeed. If LO decides to nerf every aspect about the weapon rather than one or two, I might actually start supporting an aggressive test-district-A nerf instead.

24 rounds a mag still puts the weapon at 4 potential kills a mag. Compare this to any non-LMG (or the Carbine for example). Mag pull 3 on a 24 standard would be 18, still 3 potential kills a mag, which is still decent magazine-wise.

7 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Rate of fire change: Feels good, I have no issue with it being at .75 (same as the STAR) I had been hoping for it to have the same TTK as the star for a while now.

Bloom Recovery: Reduces its effectiveness slightly, it still recovers at a good speed, and is still reliably accurate with it at 50m. No complaints as its not "as" effective as it had been but still feels good. (The change feels similar to that of the STAR and FAR. Checking stats FAR and STAR have it at .4 rather than .3.)

Jump modifier: No complaints.

Health Damage: I can understand this change as it helps make it less effective at range and against kevlar (and CA). No real complaints with this change still causes 6stk in range.

Effective range: Makes it less effective at range to open up a little more room for other mid-range weapons like the obeya, I have no real complaints with it.

Overall i'd say the current TEST B makes the ntec feel more in line with the other assault rifles. Though I wish i could play test it for a better review.

Why not just buff STAR RoF so that it's 0.70 TTK to bring it in-line with the rest of the ARs?

Nerfing Bloom, Jump Modifier, and Soft Damage I don't have problems with either.

Nerfing the effective range 5m might be okay, but it puts it at a weird place because every other AR is at 50m. I think nerfing bloom is enough to reduce the midrange TTK, but both nerfs stacked on top of each other seems unnecessary. However, I do believe Improved Rifling still needs to be looked at again.

Edited by crusade

11 minutes ago, crusade said:

Why not just buff STAR RoF so that it's 0.70 TTK to bring it in-line with the rest of the ARs?

Nerfing the effective range 5m might be okay, but it puts it at a weird place because every other AR is at 50m. I think nerfing bloom is enough to reduce the midrange TTK, but both nerfs stacked on top of each other seems unnecessary. However, I do believe Improved Rifling still needs to be looked at again.

STAR is fairly easy to use in that it has a relatively low bloom cap, as well as decent hipfire accuracy - the TTK increase is there to prevent it from being too good in CQC

By comparison, the NTEC's bloom cap is pretty meh, becomes even worse with IR / CJ (although anyone worth their salt will never hit bloom cap with IR) and has HORRIBLE hipfire accuracy even without mods

Edited by Nitronik

2 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

STAR is fairly easy to use in that it has a relatively low bloom cap, as well as decent hipfire accuracy - the TTK increase is there to prevent it from being too good in CQC

By comparison, the NTEC's bloom cap is pretty meh, becomes even worse with IR / CJ (although anyone worth their salt will never hit bloom cap with IR) and has HORRIBLE hipfire accuracy even without mods

I'm not new to the game, man. Considering how many people don't use the STAR, do you really think that buffing it's TTK by 0.05 is going to suddenly make it too good?

11 minutes ago, crusade said:

I'm not new to the game, man. Considering how many people don't use the STAR, do you really think that buffing it's TTK by 0.05 is going to suddenly make it too good?

A number so small does make for a slightly tangible difference already, considering it'd be like giving it CJ3 with none of the downsides.

Edited by Nitronik

1 minute ago, Nitronik said:

A number so small does make for a slightly tangible difference already, considering it'd be like giving it CJ3.

Yeah I'm gunna give you a big fat disagree on that one chief. God forbid people actually use the STAR.

20 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

A number so small does make for a slightly tangible difference already, considering it'd be like giving it CJ3 with none of the downsides.

You will see the difference in recovery time. Remember when g1 buffed oca to 0.65, it was a completely mess until they buffed bloom recovery. Now LO nerfed oca back to 0.7 and nerfed recovery as well but it feels more accurate than pre-LO oca because the fire interval is lower makes the recovery modifier running over the ttk

Edited by Lign

47 minutes ago, crusade said:

Other ARs should've nerfed ttk instead. It makes no sense for N-tec to kill as fast as PMG. Longer range, longer ttk. It's a simple balancing rule.

7 minutes ago, Lign said:

You will see the difference in recovery time. Remember when g1 buffed oca to 0.65, it was a completely mess until they buffed bloom recovery. Now LO nerfed oca back to 0.7 and nerfed recovery as well but it feels more accurate than pre-LO oca because the fire interval is lower makes the recovery modifier running over the ttk

The recovery nerf was on purpose to try and make CJ have a downside