Lixil

PATCH NOTES 1.20.0 (1170)

15 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

I will never understand why people want to buff the STAR, it's one of the most satisfying guns in the game to use. No shitty gimmicks, just pure and simple gunplay like every gun in APB used to be before Gamersfirst/Reloaded started shitting the game up with their garbage design "vision". I'd rather see all the stronger weapons brought in line to the STAR, which would also serve to slow the TTK just a tad. You know, how the game is supposed to be.

How the game is supposed to be? What makes you think your "vision" is somehow better? Why is a 0.7 TTK gimmicky, but a 0.75 TTK isn't? Yeah G1 has added a lot of gimmicky BS, but comparing that to a 0.7 STAR is ridiculous.

30 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

it's one of the most satisfying guns in the game to use. No shitty gimmicks, just pure and simple gunplay like every gun in APB used to be

sounds like you're talking about the far tbh

1 hour ago, crusade said:

How the game is supposed to be? What makes you think your "vision" is somehow better? Why is a 0.7 TTK gimmicky, but a 0.75 TTK isn't? Yeah G1 has added a lot of gimmicky BS, but comparing that to a 0.7 STAR is ridiculous.

You should probably calm down, then come back and re-read what I posted. You very clearly misread the first time around.

5 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

You should probably calm down, then come back and re-read what I posted. You very clearly misread the first time around.

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

I will never understand why people want to buff the STAR, it's one of the most satisfying guns in the game to use. No shitty gimmicks, just pure and simple gunplay

What other point were you trying to make by bringing up gimmicks? If that wasn't your point, then bringing it up was arbitrary.

You stated that you think every weapon stronger than the STAR should be made to be as weak as the STAR. But the thing is, you didn't just state that as your opinion. You said that that's the way the game is supposed to be, as if you own APB or something. Might I suggest getting better at writing.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Uke said:

Are you like high or something, 9/10 ARs I see are ntecs.

Ive always said bronze district is weird.

17 hours ago, Hexerin said:

You apparently have a fundamental misunderstanding of what the COBR-A is, how it works, and what it's intended to do.

Not really.  You seemed to not get the example was entirely centered around Marksmen Movement speed, which the COBR-A has one of the slowest.  All in all, the COBR-A does not know what it really wants to be or where it want's to go.  It's more of a Median AR if anything but its jank as all hell.

3 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Not really.  You seemed to not get the example was entirely centered around Marksmen Movement speed, which the COBR-A has one of the slowest.  All in all, the COBR-A does not know what it really wants to be or where it want's to go.  It's more of a Median AR if anything but its jank as all hell.

The COBR-A knows exactly what it wants to be. It's an automatic Carbine that sacrifices just a bit of TTK for exceptionally higher accuracy (which also gives it substantially more range). The gun is a beast if you take the time to learn how to use it.

On 10/6/2019 at 4:30 PM, crusade said:

You know what other gun is kinda boring and easy to use? The snub nose. It's boring because you aren't going to get kills against opponents of equal skill.

The snubby received an unnecessary nerf waaay back, having its damage lowered from 350 (same as RSA) to 300 (current SNR). Why did G1 do this? Because people figured out you could use some burst-damage weapons (mostly shotguns) in combination with the SNR to get very fast kills. Which just so happened to be what the SNR was designed for. Given its low rate of fire it was a high risk, high reward pick, but fun nonetheless.

In other words the SNR isn't a great argument here, because it's currently not in its intended state (as far as I'm concerned).

On 10/7/2019 at 3:03 AM, crusade said:

the NTEC is more effective than the STAR by a significant margin, because all the other ARs also do a bit of everything. That's the purpose of the Rifleman role.

I agree with the general sentiment of Rifleman weapons gravitating around the jack-of-all-trades role. However the one true jack should be the STAR, because it is also a [i}master of none[/i].

The N-Tec is more effective than the STAR because it does flat out everything better.

Other ARs do some things better, but others worse. The ATAC and ACER are intended for short range engagements and therefore should or do suffer at ranged combat. (The ATAC should have its damage drop off start at 40m, for example.)

Suggesting in any way, shape or form to buff more ARs into the 0.70s TTK range is simply the wrong approach to weapon balance in my opinion. It muddles the entire lower range spectrum, which is already too messy.

On 10/9/2019 at 4:29 AM, Hexerin said:

The COBR-A knows exactly what it wants to be. It's an automatic Carbine that sacrifices just a bit of TTK for exceptionally higher accuracy (which also gives it substantially more range). The gun is a beast if you take the time to learn how to use it.

The COBR-A has no idea what it wants to be. Does it want to do ranged combat? The TTK certainly suggests it, but accuracy degradation and lack of recovery speak against it.

It feels like an SR15 that took a page out of the CR762 playbook and misread it entirely.

2 minutes ago, Revoluzzer said:

The COBR-A has no idea what it wants to be.

Except it does. I've already explained what the gun is, repeatedly, so at this point anyone who can't comprehend is being willfully ignorant. Just like years ago when I was talking about how obscene the NSSW is, only to be given a hand wave of dismissal... until a bit later, when people started losing their fucking minds over it, despite there being no changes to anything in the game between the two points.

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Except it does. I've already explained what the gun is, repeatedly, so at this point anyone who can't comprehend is being willfully ignorant. Just like years ago when I was talking about how obscene the NSSW is, only to be given a hand wave of dismissal... until a bit later, when people started losing their fucking minds over it, despite there being no changes to anything in the game between the two points.

It really doesn't.  It tries to be a CQB gun with its good mobile accuracy but its high min TTK, slow marksmen movement and slow bloom recovery imply its more of a Marksmen type of gun, which it also kinda fails at.  It's a gun that is just "ugh" to use as a result of this mixmash of classes.  Both it and the AR-97 are both the bottom of the AR class since they are just not competitive or clunky in a fun way like the SG-21.

N-SSW is decent. Whereas the COBR-A is shit. 

I'm not sure I understand what your point is. 

the nssw did receive a buff in the past tho, it wasn’t always such a laser - iirc it had more horizontal recoil 

they should make more guns like the ntec, this way fake golds will not get gold by accident and stay silver... then no one will have the need to dethreat cause they cant get gold easy.