Jump to content
MattScott

Cyrillic nick name change & Jericho/Citadel consolidation

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Caio Sparkz said:

This is probably the best idea i've seen in YEARS for this game, the only thing i disagree is the location for the South American Servers, i would change from Rio de Janeiro to São Paulo, i believe most of the Brazilian APB players are located there, including myself.

 

I'd say Rio rather than Sao Paulo to allow players from Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Perú and Bolivia get better ping, Sao Paulo data centers gives almost the same ping as U.S. around there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
On 8/25/2019 at 5:04 PM, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

 

If you would for once read more than the title you would actually understand what is different between this and a traditional merge.

If you would pull your ego out of your patootie more than once you would actually understand what is different between shitposting and wasting time on giving a fuck about a community of shitlords.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

If you would pull your ego out of your patootie more than once you would actually understand what is different between shitposting and wasting time on giving a fuck about a community of shitlords.

to be fair you aren't very good at either one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
5 hours ago, Hintaro said:

any information when this merge goes live ?

I hope soon as possible, can't wait to play against new peoples! ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

São Paulo is a better city to host APB.

 

Apex legends, for example, has a server hosted there instead of RIO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Salvick said:

 

I'd say Rio rather than Sao Paulo to allow players from Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Perú and Bolivia get better ping, Sao Paulo data centers gives almost the same ping as U.S. around there.

I'm not sure about that, but i do agree that it need to works to every south american player, i believe the Hoplon servers were in São Paulo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Caio Sparkz said:

I'm not sure about that, but i do agree that it need to works to every south american player, i believe the Hoplon servers were in São Paulo

 

Salvick is wrong. Rio is more northern than sao paulo, that's why RIO is actually a worse location to arg, uruguay, chile, etc.  Sao paulo is closer to all those countries..

 

Rio would be a better host for those in colombia, venezuela, even Mexico (ofc USA hosts are better for mexicans).

 

I had 50ms in Hoplon and salvick said sao paulo gives almost the same latency as a USA host?  I play NA with 180ms.

 

Sao Paulo current ms in apex legends: 48ms

 

Edited by Uhtdred
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

 

Salvick is wrong. Rio is more northern than sao paulo, that's why RIO is actually a worse location to arg, uruguay, chile, etc.  Sao paulo is closer to all those countries..

 

Rio would be a better host for those in colombia, venezuela, even Mexico (ofc USA hosts are better for mexicans).

 

I had 50ms in Hoplon and salvick said sao paulo gives almost the same latency as a USA host?  I play NA with 180ms.

 

Sao Paulo current ms in apex legends: 48ms

 

 

My bad, you're right. I was mistaking Sao Paulo with somewhere else in Bahía, that's why my confusion. Thanks for clarifying it.

 

@Caio Sparkz just forget what I said @Uhtdred is right. So both, Rio and Sao Paulo are similar locations in regards of latency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
23 hours ago, Solamente said:

to be fair you aren't very good at either one

You havent been here very long have you?

But thank you either way ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

source.gif

 

Finally, a good news about servers. I was already getting tired of having trouble driving in the game.

 

@MattScott, please consider a server in Sao Paulo. It will be better for the BR's and other Latin Americans players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 5:06 PM, MattScott said:

EDIT: This move is a prerequisite for Phasing, which eliminate the need to spam click in an effort to join a district with 79 players. Instead we will match across all online players in the same district type and move those players to the best server for them.

Will you remove manual district selection (i.e. the list view) in the process? I think you really need to get people out of the habit to try and join "the best server" by joining the fullest one (which might not even host players of similar threat). Even as an interim solution before phasing.

 

Also, do you already know how you will manage servers with phasing enabled? Given that large numbers of players were always a weak point in APB's server performance and hosting a lot of players in one single district won't be necessary anymore then.

 

 

On 8/24/2019 at 5:26 PM, Nitronik said:

Hopefully this will be the best of both worlds type solution

Although I can't help but take this merger as a sign the times are dire

For all intents and purposes this is how APB's server structure was originally intended. The times have been dire for several years, this is just a move back to the roots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if I have a character with the same name on Citadel and Jericho and logged into both recently? How will this be handled? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 5:06 PM, MattScott said:

We need to do this to fix the /report & mail issues and to prep the upcoming Jericho and Citadel consolidation.

Might as well switch to a font in which we could differentiate between "i" and "L" then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If APB comes back with a SA server i'll play this game again, if not i'm not playing again and i think many more brazilian players think the same as me. I make part of 2 groups in facebook with around 200 members each, made for brazilian players, a good amount of people in those groups saw this new post and are looking foward for a APB server in Brazil. I think APB will have at least 100 players coming back to the game (being pessimistic) if a SA server is made. For me and my friends i can say for sure that we are not playing this game again until a SA server is made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
On 8/28/2019 at 6:01 PM, Solamente said:

been here since 2011, your shitposting sucks

Thank you ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

chat server Citadel is garbage . Russian teenagers will kill the Citadel .

 

new server in Tokyo or Niigata 

 

 

Edited by olo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2019 at 12:45 PM, Revoluzzer said:

Will you remove manual district selection (i.e. the list view) in the process? I think you really need to get people out of the habit to try and join "the best server" by joining the fullest one (which might not even host players of similar threat). Even as an interim solution before phasing.


Also, do you already know how you will manage servers with phasing enabled? Given that large numbers of players were always a weak point in APB's server performance and hosting a lot of players in one single district won't be necessary anymore then.

Hopefully, it won't mean i am not longer allowed join into districts my friends are, kinda like that new mode stopped us from doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zentoshiro said:

any news about this tho?

Quote

I see in the chat here while you're setting up, the name release. So let's talk about that, we're switching gears a little bit the name release is still going to happen in a way. We are going to go through and clean out some of the old names we want to give people enough time to come and claim them. Specifically what we're going to do though is we're going to change the strategy of names so that we can allow for someone to have effectively conflicting names it's similar to what happens on Discord. I think as things have improved over time, servers and new systems have come up with better ways to handle naming in general so we're taking a little bit of a page from other systems to figure out a better way to handle naming.

source: 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...