Seedy

Just been watching a Russian guy with no explosions and knows where everyone is 100% of the time

lol.. Throws grenade and no explosion. Seriously bad graffix and knows where every player is.. seems to be snapping on people who are not there.. lol

On Twitch right now. 

Easy enough to find.. not many people on twitch streaming APB.

why the fuck is this allowed? No explosions and no graphics? STOP THIS RIGHT NOW!

the fucked up thing is I am watching the guy adjust his hack right on the screen! 

NO explosions, no particle effects at all. WHY IS THIS ALLOWED?

Edited by Seedy
  • Like 3

Little Orbit isn't taking any action against anyone for any reason.

In other breaking news, water is wet and the sky is blue.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

eYUboVT.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

And Hex is talking out his patootie as usual.

You'd have a point if the explosions didn't drop your fps on mid range hardware. Also, you can't see burning vehicles so you're likely to walk up to one that's about to explode. You can't see rocket or grenade trails either.

And then there is me trying to bring my buddies back to play apb and this is why they do not come back.

What is the anti cheat worth when they can roam like this and don't even get banned?  What's the staff worth if they don't even care? And with how lot the population is, as goldie you will meet exactly these people over and over again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Seedy said:

NO explosions

mine are disappearing  lately too

might not be a cheater

Edit : Little Orbit look into this please

Edited by Fortune Runner

4 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

And then there is me trying to bring my buddies back to play apb and this is why they do not come back.

What is the anti cheat worth when they can roam like this and don't even get banned?  What's the staff worth if they don't even care? And with how lot the population is, as goldie you will meet exactly these people over and over again.

The player in question was not cheating. 

Removing explosions is allowed and has more drawbacks than benefits. 

12 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

You'd have a point if the explosions didn't drop your fps on mid range hardware. Also, you can't see burning vehicles so you're likely to walk up to one that's about to explode. You can't see rocket or grenade trails either.

this.

20 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Wrong... sometimes, sky is orange.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Removing explosions is allowed and has more drawbacks than benefits. 

Any official statement about this? Personally I think that being able to see people through smokes and explosions gives more benefits than drawbacks. Sure you're not able to see burning cars, but you still have an edge over people who don't run this config in most scenarios, especially considering how most players tend to over abuse grenades nowadays.

he just has a 'low end i7, 16 GIG RAM with a 1080i' and needs to run lower graphics settings for FPS reasons 😜

10 hours ago, gold said:

Any official statement about this? Personally I think that being able to see people through smokes and explosions gives more benefits than drawbacks. Sure you're not able to see burning cars, but you still have an edge over people who don't run this config in most scenarios, especially considering how most players tend to over abuse grenades nowadays.

Hmmm... Last time I posted the conversation I got a warning. (From a conversation Matt had with another player)

Yes, you do not have your vision obscured by explosions, and  as you said you are not able to see burning cars, but you also cannot see smoke trails from both rockets and grenades making it very difficult to react to them, it is especially problematic vs grenade launcher. 

To be clear, I'm not taking a stance on whether or not this should be allowed. I'm only trying to explain the drawbacks . 

13 hours ago, Pangolier said:

Wrong... sometimes, sky is orange.

or green

and grenades i throw the explosions keep disappearing and no i didn't edit anything

I think I'm the only one playing the whole game at Ultra.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Kast2 said:

I think I'm the only one playing the whole game at Ultra.

nope me too bro.. and up to 140hz.

I want to play for the immersion.. not to see the world as a monochrome mess.

Edited by Seedy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seedy said:

nope me too bro.. and up to 140hz.

I want to play for the immersion.. not to see the world as a monochrome mess.

We'll have to wait for the engine 3.5, then I'll want to see the people who currently play these types of settings 😂

Oh yeah, looked up guy in question after you mentioned he is streaming.

Lovely.

One does wonder how many are playing like that and NOT streaming, right?

1 hour ago, Kast2 said:

We'll have to wait for the engine 3.5, then I'll want to see the people who currently play these types of settings 😂

As Matt mentioned 3.5 has far more graphical options, as well as reduced stuttering, making the need for such configs less needed. 

20 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Hmmm... Last time I posted the conversation I got a warning. (From a conversation Matt had with another player)

Yes, you do not have your vision obscured by explosions, and  as you said you are not able to see burning cars, but you also cannot see smoke trails from both rockets and grenades making it very difficult to react to them, it is especially problematic vs grenade launcher. 

To be clear, I'm not taking a stance on whether or not this should be allowed. I'm only trying to explain the drawbacks . 

Fair enough. Yeah I know what the drawbacks are, I used this config for a few weeks, and it's not that hard to see grenades or rockets coming even without smoke trails, although it takes a little while to get used to. The only weapon that's really annoying to deal with is the OPGL (but again it's not something you see very often).

Now I don't care about what config other players use, but in most cases people clearly use it because you gain so much visibility in gun fights, when people spam countless grenades at each other.

14 minutes ago, gold said:

Fair enough. Yeah I know what the drawbacks are, I used this config for a few weeks, and it's not that hard to see grenades or rockets coming even without smoke trails, although it takes a little while to get used to. The only weapon that's really annoying to deal with is the OPGL (but again it's not something you see very often).

Now I don't care about what config other players use, but in most cases people clearly use it because you gain so much visibility in gun fights, when people spam countless grenades at each other.

Fair enough. There certainly are those players. 

I just like the smoke trails personally, last time my config was reset I just left smoke on. 

It would be nice to be able to turn off weapon flash and blood particles separately again. They don't really do much outside of kill your framerate.

Edited by SquirrelFace

11 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

It would be nice to be able to turn off weapon flash and blood particles separately again. They don't really do much outside of kill your framerate.

I mean, if your comp is that much of a toaster, you shouldn't be getting catered to. It isn't asking much to upgrade hardware that was outdated 10+ years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

I mean, if your comp is that much of a toaster, you shouldn't be getting catered to. It isn't asking much to upgrade hardware that was outdated 10+ years ago.

Everyone should have at bare minimum of a GTX 1080 am I right?

I guess you don't get shot much playing in the bronze district.

Edited by SquirrelFace

3 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

you sound like someone who says they have a stable frame rate but it actually swings wildly between 101-121fps