Jump to content
blockblack

the oldest unfairest exploit in APB.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, blockblack said:

not dethreaters, But from these bronze OSMAW a$$h0le noobs that get easy win with that running tactic, if they didn't have that tactic or OSMAW they would have been green by now.

couldn't say myself, never been to the bronze district, but it's not an exploit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AquaSensei said:

Why is this even a subject, car surfer is designed for 195 and up and even at that you can do fight club for joker tickets, get trial car surfer and rock an alig with carsurfer without being 195, i think this guy taking the easy way out, cry about it enough and maybe staff or game devs would change it but then what would be left of carsurfer....The logic behind this post is this > "Im incompetent to find a solution so i cry about it and hope someone cares." Bro go buy an alig, get trial surfer from ophelia and stop the tears. People gonna run obviously cause in their possession they are defending the package from you. Get your team to t bone them or just like that other guy said, go afk, go do your makeup, make a sandwich and wait for a new match. We probly could all argue about things like this but then again it would just be a giant cesspool of tears and nothing done about it so dont waste your time. Dont like a mechanic? Dont play. You know exactly what ya got yourself into when you play any game, frustration and brainwork. I hope this doesnt fall under shaming but to be honest you're crying that a veteran with more time and experience out smarts you, find a way around it. One day you gonna have surfer and a osmaw and you're gonna be able to do the same thing, btw they removed the 3 minute cooldown for nitrous 3 so you dont have to be premium to get a 60 second nos CD, and 4x4 is obtainable via 2 methods, 10k jt's for doing FC challenges and buying firehawk off ARMAS. Hope this helps.

Brother, type a helpful reply or shut up. Don't say crap like the Original Poster is crying and he could have done that and done that, Also read the previous replies before replying, because the other folks that replied said the same stuff you said like getting car surfer and being on a roof of a car with osmaw/alig and it failed terribly since the driver of the car I am on the roof of it is so dumb, And Again, Keep your reply helpful and non-repeated or just don't reply.

6 minutes ago, Evagelyne said:

couldn't say myself, never been to the bronze district, but it's not an exploit!

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exploit

Edited by blockblack
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, blockblack said:

yes, they're exploiting your weakness/inability to counter that strategy, but the way you're using the word is they're exploiting the game itself... see the difference?

 

it's not an exploit, you just couldn't beat it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, blockblack said:

Brother, say a helpful reply or shut up. Don't say crap like the Original Poster is crying and he could have done that and done that, Also read the previous replies before replying, because the other folks that replied said the same stuff you said like getting car surfer and being on a roof of a car with osmaw/alig and it failed terribly since the driver of the car I am on the roof of it is so dumb, And Again, Keep your reply helpful and non-repeated or just don't reply.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exploit

I did help, maybe he don't know how to obtain joker tickets, maybe hes new or he doesnt fully understand how "Capture Briefcase" objectives work, dont throw me under the bus for explaining it jeeez. Im not trying to be a D bag just read his post and gave my honest opinion. Whatever m8 ill go listen to jonny cash hurt, cause apparently no effs given for giving so little input.

Edited by AquaSensei
error spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Evagelyne said:

yes, they're exploiting your weakness/inability to counter that strategy, but the way you're using the word is they're exploiting the game itself... see the difference?

 

it's not an exploit, you just couldn't beat it

Bro, you still don't get it, They exploit the whole game, since if you put objective on a vegas 4x4 and boost it with nitro booster and drive on max speed and take random un-expected corners and have OSMAW with blow-torch on your roof, you are simply un-stoppable and can beat anyone, no one can stop you, so it is considered an exploit to the whole game.

Edited by blockblack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, blockblack said:

so it is considered an exploit to the whole game.

no, it's not 🙂

 

been playing this game for a long time, it's not an exploit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blockblack said:

Bro, you still don't get it, They exploit the whole game, since if you put objective on a vegas 4x4 and boost it with nitro booster and drive on max speed and take random un-expected corners by enemy and have OSMAW with blow-torch on your roof, you are simply un-stoppable and can beat anyone, no one can stop you, so it is considered an exploit to the whole game.

Considered a "Exploit" cause the op team has more brains you do, they are using what they have in their arsenal to defeat you. LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AquaSensei said:

I did help, maybe he don't know how to obtain joker tickets, maybe hes new or he doesnt fully understand how "Capture Briefcase" objectives work, dont throw me under the bus for explaining it jeeez. Im not trying to be a D bag just read his post and gave my honest opinion. Whatever m8 ill go list to jonny cash hurt, cause apparently no effs given for giving so little input.

I know how to gain JT, I am also rank 195 and have these mods, and again, It did not help, why none of you gets it.

1 minute ago, AquaSensei said:

Considered a "Exploit" cause the op team has more brains you do, they are using what they have in their arsenal to defeat you. LOL

Hm okay, I admit it, they are just exploiting my team, but LO should really do something about that in the next updates by making enemy cars don't reach it's max speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, blockblack said:

I know how to gain JT, I am also rank 195 and have these mods, and again, It did not help, why none of you gets it.

Hm okay, I admit it, they are just exploiting my team, but LO should really do something about that in the next updates by making enemy cars don't reach it's max speed.

Carsurfer, 4x4 and having a certain weapon isnt an "Exploit" Its called common sense. Lets say the basics, you dont bring a sub machine gun to a hvr fight, same thing here, don't bring a non modded character or car to a briefcase fight. Don't have the proper guns, mods, you will lose, thats just how it is dude. Sorry you felt this was a "Exploit" but it isnt, a "Exploit" is like hiding a briefcase under the map with a shield or abusing a broken weapon or doing something that isnt suppose to happen. Running with car surfer and osmaw is legit. Not considered an "Exploit" Im done here. ❤️

Edited by AquaSensei
another spelling error rip
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AquaSensei said:

Running with car surfer and osmaw is legit.

Its a fuzzy bunny move, but yeah not an exploit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Its a fuzzy bunny move, but yeah not an exploit.

Do what ya gotta do right? Its your "Briefcase" who knows what in it, we don't care for that we just want to keep it away from opposition. :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's lame but it's not an exploit.

It's one of those many many thing we wonder why they never fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Talla said:

👍

Nothing in the tutorials tells you each weapon has different stats for health damage AND physical damage.

 

How about adding in-game links to APBDB?

because i never said anything about that?

Edit : sorry I misunderstood that you were saying thank you for teaching new people when i can

 

7 hours ago, blockblack said:

Folks, I don't think anti-vehicle weapons even work since you equip them too late after they start running

If a person is prepared in advance and play daily then carrying an alig is no problem

then it would take 15 to 30 seconds to switch and then leave to go  kill the car

Edited by Fortune Runner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm amazed a mechanic which is entirely not fun to, at least, half of the participating players is still so fiercely defended.

Doesn't really matter whether it's an exploit or not, it probably costs the game several players each month.

 

 

Also any half-competent running team will routinely shut down your interception and anti-vehicle-attack attempts.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's how to counter that: 

 

1) Get a decent driver

 

2)ALIG tapfire. OSMAW may have range and explosive power, but its easy to dodge considering the ALIG projectile is obviously faster.

 

3) Apply previous 2 points and get good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing more annoying than when your team follows them.

Newsflash! Never  follow,  head them off and be waiting,  Osmaw, Alig, concussion. But no, stupid people follow 200 meters behind. If you are both going the  same speed you will always be behind.

I get it done myself,  half the Silvers and below can't drive.

Sometimes I wonder if they are playing a different  game than I am because they crash into EVERY possible object in the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

N-ISSR-B is good for chasing them down because it does a surprising amount of hard damage per shot ( (72.9) basically as much as an alig (74.3), though of course slower RoF) and you still have the sniper accuracy to target anyone surfing or sitting in the window, plus you can shoot it from the car window so you can easily pop back in to regenerate. Use multiple of these while chasing and they're toast.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Evagelyne said:

no, it's not 🙂

 

been playing this game for a long time, it's not an exploit

I think he means boosting a car with another car is exploiting. He'd be right on that one. I wouldn't want a patch to make the escape car impervious to collisions though.

Edited by Talla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, gold said:

As everyone else said it's not an exploit but it should definitely be looked into, either by making cars go even slower (or unable to move at all), and/or by setting a 100m radius around the spawn point so the item can't be moved any further. 

 

Oh and while you're at it LO, it would also be nice to do something about people running to the other side of the map in DM as soon as they get a 1 kill advantage. So much fun to deal with since there's wallhack for everyone :^)

that's not a good idea with how some cars already go so slow they would be unusable if slower and in the end would make the gap even worse

it is much easier to grab an alig and kill the car when you can catch up to it to begin with

otherwise you would force even more people to rely on  using nitrous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

N-ISSR-B is good for chasing them down because it does a surprising amount of hard damage per shot ( (72.9) basically as much as an alig (74.3), though of course slower RoF) and you still have the sniper accuracy to target anyone surfing or sitting in the window, plus you can shoot it from the car window so you can easily pop back in to regenerate. Use multiple of these while chasing and they're toast. 

 

Mate, you just killed the whole aling-carsurfer-rank-wall argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Gro said:

 

Mate, you just killed the whole aling-carsurfer-rank-wall argument.

the Dog-ear is a bit harder to get as it was only available on Armas.  Now that you can pick it up permanently it allows a counter but does not actually counter multiple Aligs/Omsaws/Ntecs from car surfing runners.  After all Car Surfing doesn't have a limit, people firing from windows can be limited from 1-3 people AND they have to have the one gun that does decent range/hard damage while hanging out the window.  Another thing is that most 4 passenger vehicles aren't going to go as fast as the Vegas 4x4.

Edited by illgot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AquaSensei said:

Carsurfer, 4x4 and having a certain weapon isnt an "Exploit" Its called common sense. Lets say the basics, you dont bring a sub machine gun to a hvr fight, same thing here, don't bring a non modded character or car to a briefcase fight. Don't have the proper guns, mods, you will lose, thats just how it is dude. Sorry you felt this was a "Exploit" but it isnt, a "Exploit" is like hiding a briefcase under the map with a shield or abusing a broken weapon or doing something that isnt suppose to happen. Running with car surfer and osmaw is legit. Not considered an "Exploit" Im done here. ❤️

I hope @MattScott is listening.

 

"Don't bring a knife to a gun fight"

or....

"dont bring a sub machine gun to a hvr fight"

 

The need to change weapons mid field/mission ....

Driving your vehicle like a maniac to the nearest "Weapons Depot", Joker Box, Mail Box,

to swap out to an appropriate weapon with 1:32 left on the clock.

 

Be careful how you BORK the updates concerning the Ammo Box consumable.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

Get an anti vehicle user, everytime my enemies try to do that We stop them with Alig or similar, if you manage to dodge the osmaw you can blow up their car in 4 secs.

 

pretty sure you won't if they have an alig too, you won't unless they are scrubs, and once they enter highway in financial you won't catch them anymore. because you won't be able to intercept them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, illgot said:

 Now that you can pick it up permanently it allows a counter but does not actually counter multiple Aligs/Omsaws/Ntecs from car surfing runners. 

What is stopping you from using multiples of exactly the same or any other guns? Anything they are using, you can use. Therefore they will never have the upper hand in terms of weapon setup, unless you specifically chose to not adjust the team loadout after what they are using.

 

7 hours ago, illgot said:

After all Car Surfing doesn't have a limit, people firing from windows can be limited from 1-3 people AND they have to have the one gun that does decent range/hard damage while hanging out the window.

Does car surfing not have a limit only for the runners?
Who said you have to shoot the N-ISSR-B from a car window?

Anyone can have that gun. You can get it from the joker store.

7 hours ago, illgot said:

 Another thing is that most 4 passenger vehicles aren't going to go as fast as the Vegas 4x4.

 

Why would you try to chase a 4x4 with a 4-seater in the first place? They're not really fast enough.

Another 4x4, vegas, growl or something else fast will do a good enough job to get you within firing distance (with the appropriate weapons).

 

You're sort of making it sound like you can't do exactly what they're doing (or better).

Now, I'm not defending running and I do think the game mechanics should be looked over here. I also completely understand anyone just refusing to even play when the others are running. All I'm saying is that the argument that you can not counters it is not correct.

 

 

Edited by SilverCrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some people this is a driving game with shooting, for others a shooting game with driving. To each their own, with both ways of playing being perfectly fine. If one cares that much to win, they should be able to adapt and overcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...