blockblack

the oldest unfairest exploit in APB.

There is a tactical exploit that makes my team always loses, The enemy takes the mission capture objective in a Patriot Vegas 4x4's trunk and use nitro booster to give them a head start their car's accleration be messed up but they still could reach maximum speed, then they flee AF around the city and take random corners so you don't expect their routes and stop them, they also get an OSMAW on their car's roof so you can't follow them up with a car, This exploit is so annoying because it gives the enemy an unfair easy win that they never deserved, I hope this exploit be fixed on the up-coming updates, I suggest the Devs would make the capture objective teleport to a random teammate after the enemy run away for more than 200 Meters, tell me if you agree if this exploit should be finally fixed since after the enemy starts running away you get no second chance to stop them, Also tell me if the enemy used this exploit against you before.

• Like 1

An exploit means there is a bug abuse.
It isn't an exploit, but it's a very unfair mechanic, especially for new players who have almost no means to counter it.

Can you still "Run, Drop, Jump, Grab" (a.k.a. jump-running) with a medium sized item? That one is what I'd call an exploit.

Some missions finale should trigger a 300m radius "designated fight zone" around the objective initial location. Going outside of it would hurt -100hp/sec.

Edited by Talla

Agree with Talla and CookiePuss, this is not an exploit.  It most definitely is an annoying mechanic / tactic that is completely unfair to newer players who aren't leveled enough to have car surfer mod, or the weapons meant for shredding vehicles.  I seem to recall a weapon back in the day that was like a mini alig/shaw, but was able to be used while leaning out of a vehicle window.

One possible fix for this would be to make all capture and hold objectives (that are not area-based) a large item, like a barrel or crate.  That way they won't fit in to a vegas, unless it is equipped with a cargo size increase mod (and even then, will it fit? not sure, haven't tried it personally), and realistically how many players dump a cargo increase mod in to a vegas?  From what I've noticed, most of the time it is a car spawn or ammo mod added.

Of course, this still allows for the vegas boosting another vehicle tactic.  Equally annoying.

53 minutes ago, Talla said:

It isn't an exploit, but it's a very unfair mechanic, especially for new players who have almost no means to counter it.

Can you still "Run, Drop, Jump, Grab" (a.k.a. jump-running) with a medium sized item? That one is what I'd call an exploit.

Some missions finale should trigger a 300m radius "designated fight zone" around the objective initial location. Going outside of it would hurt -100hp/sec.

Item dropping should be left in. I am annoyed they removed it for heavy items.

I think it is an unintended side effect but creates an extra level of play. Much like how flag juggling in halo is a positive to the game.

• Like 3

Get an anti vehicle user, everytime my enemies try to do that We stop them with Alig or similar, if you manage to dodge the osmaw you can blow up their car in 4 secs.

• Like 1

Personally i just don't go for it ..
Most of the time it is a 255 clan with 3 Volcano who want to ruin everyone fun.

But when you have a good Alig and you explode their car after chasing them a long time , get the capture items, doesnt run with it and you finaly win the mission ... Pretty satisfying😀

Edited by Dofus
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dofus said:

Personally i just don't go for it ..
Most of the time it is a 255 clan with 3 Volcano who want to ruin everyone fun.

But when you have a volcano too and you explode their car after chasing them a long time , get the capture items, doesnt run with it and you finaly win the mission ... Pretty hilarious

Honestly I find runners so boring, I just go make a sandwich instead of following, comforted by the knowledge that my opp is running, white knuckled and afraid, even though Im not even chasing them.

• Like 2

Yea, when i was new i tried hard to get it, now i just afk ..

I know a clan in Jerico that only play the game for a capture item mission 😂

Everytime they have to capture the item they get their 3-4 Volcano and run in a big van.

Then they say it is for money, an easy win but they already have every legendary gun lol

6 minutes ago, Dofus said:

I know a clan in Jerico that only play the game for a capture item mission 😂

Ayyyy, I know that clan.

No shame, none at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Talla said:

I have a volcano, Alig, vegas 4x4, etc. when people run I just let them run and go AFK.  Not wasting my time chasing people especially when the people who run call you coward etc when you camp in a building.

• Like 1

We need a Stun Osmaw ... The car would stop working  and you can stun everyone in the car , so you can arrest them all and fart on them, plz

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dofus said:

We need a Stun Osmaw ... The car would stop working  and you can stun everyone in the car , so you can arrest them all and fart on them, plz

EMP weapons.  I think they are testing that out with grenades.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blockblack said:

There is a tactical exploit that makes my team always loses, The enemy takes the mission capture objective in a Patriot Vegas 4x4's trunk and use nitro booster to give them a head start their car's accleration be messed up but they still could reach maximum speed, then they flee AF around the city and take random corners so you don't expect their routes and stop them, they also get an OSMAW on their car's roof so you can't follow them up with a car, This exploit is so annoying because it gives the enemy an unfair easy win that they never deserved, I hope this exploit be fixed on the up-coming updates, I suggest the Devs would make the capture objective teleport to a random teammate after the enemy run away for more than 200 Meters, tell me if you agree if this exploit should be finally fixed since after the enemy starts running away you get no second chance to stop them, Also tell me if the enemy used this exploit against you before.

the oldest unfairest exploit in APB : wasn't that jump sniping?

as for slower cars that was done by g1 because too many people complained about running when they refused to buy an alig to kill the car

I personally dont like it being slower , even though I'm not the one running normally (sometimes you do need to relocate to a better area to fight)

and before anyone says , I've been showing people to grab a faster car from NPC's and cut people off with an alig for a couple years now

it still works fine to stop runners and is cost effective enough

I honestly hope Little Orbit removes that slow buff on cars since alig because affordable enough and easy to get.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

and before anyone says , I've been showing people to grab a faster car from NPC's and cut people off with an alig for a couple years now

it still works fine to stop runners and is cost effective enough

I honestly hope Little Orbit removes that slow buff on cars since alig because affordable enough and easy to get.

👍

Nothing in the tutorials tells you each weapon has different stats for health damage AND physical damage.

How about adding in-game links to APBDB?

This isn't an exploit, and this doesn't rally happen in Silver Threat Districts very often.

When the opposing team DOES take the item and starts running with it in a tanky car with an OSMAW on top, there ARE things that you can do about it, they're not unstoppable, just don't stupidly chase behind them with your own cars, you have to sort of split up individually with your team and pay attention to where they are on the map (Press M, YES, YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEE THE HELD ITEM AND WHERE ITS GOING) instead of chasing them try to stop somewhere and have them come to you in your direction, that's when you should camp there with your OSMAW or Volcano and blow them up.

• Like 1

As everyone else said it's not an exploit but it should definitely be looked into, either by making cars go even slower (or unable to move at all), and/or by setting a 100m radius around the spawn point so the item can't be moved any further. 

Oh and while you're at it LO, it would also be nice to do something about people running to the other side of the map in DM as soon as they get a 1 kill advantage. So much fun to deal with since there's wallhack for everyone :^)

3 hours ago, LewdLemming said:

Agree with Talla and CookiePuss, this is not an exploit.  It most definitely is an annoying mechanic / tactic that is completely unfair to newer players who aren't leveled enough to have car surfer mod, or the weapons meant for shredding vehicles.  I seem to recall a weapon back in the day that was like a mini alig/shaw, but was able to be used while leaning out of a vehicle window.

One possible fix for this would be to make all capture and hold objectives (that are not area-based) a large item, like a barrel or crate.  That way they won't fit in to a vegas, unless it is equipped with a cargo size increase mod (and even then, will it fit? not sure, haven't tried it personally), and realistically how many players dump a cargo increase mod in to a vegas?  From what I've noticed, most of the time it is a car spawn or ammo mod added.

Of course, this still allows for the vegas boosting another vehicle tactic.  Equally annoying.

actually a vegas G20 has a trunk that is the size of 5, and large objective is the size of 5 so it still can fit it, and still if they put it in a large vehicle like poineer it can still reach it's top speed 19 m/s which is still fast, the should make the car not able to exceed 10 m/s so that is would be fair enough fight.

Merged.

Folks, I don't think anti-vehicle weapons even work since you equip them too late after they start running, and their car can reach max speed so after they run at max speed you can't do shit about it, All what you can do is just hope the enemies' vehicle go in the route you expect it to go and interrupt it's way and explode it, which doesn't often happen, so ye, they should make cars not reach it's max speed.

Merged.

53 minutes ago, JazzLand said:

This isn't an exploit, and this doesn't rally happen in Silver Threat Districts very often.

When the opposing team DOES take the item and starts running with it in a tanky car with an OSMAW on top, there ARE things that you can do about it, they're not unstoppable, just don't stupidly chase behind them with your own cars, you have to sort of split up individually with your team and pay attention to where they are on the map (Press M, YES, YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEE THE HELD ITEM AND WHERE ITS GOING) instead of chasing them try to stop somewhere and have them come to you in your direction, that's when you should camp there with your OSMAW or Volcano and blow them up.

I play in bronze servers, where I find some Osmaw bronze coward campers than got 0 Aim skill still getting easy win with that method.

afaik items and VIPs affect cars by becoming “heavy objects” which means any vehicle with sufficient torque is less affected, calling this an exploit is like calling an assault rifle benefiting more from ir3 than an smg an exploit

as much as i agree that running is kind of boring and potentially unfair i think it’s more important to look at why than to just delete the entire mechanic 

1 minute ago, blockblack said:

Folks, I don't think anti-vehicle weapons even work since you equip them too late after they start running, and their car can reach max speed so after they run at max speed you can't do shit about it, All what you can do is just hope the enemies' vehicle go in the route you expect it to go and interrupt it's way and explode it, which doesn't often happen, so ye, they should make cars not reach it's max speed.

It does, you just need to flank them properly, they can't see where you're going to come from so use this at your advantage. But yeah if a premade group is running and you're teamed up with randoms it's going to be a pain.

11 minutes ago, gold said:

It does, you just need to flank them properly, they can't see where you're going to come from so use this at your advantage. But yeah if a premade group is running and you're teamed up with randoms it's going to be a pain.

I just tried this out in a mission, And well, the driver that I was on his car's roof was stupid and didn't block enemies route, he just kept going behind them and since the driver's car is a poineer and the enemy is using a vegas g20 it was too late to stop them

4 hours ago, blockblack said:

This exploit is so annoying because it gives the enemy an unfair easy win that they never deserved

Sort of behavior you see in dethreaters and certain clans...  not an exploit tho

high level opp don't do this and play much more honorably 🙂

Edited by Evagelyne

Why is this even a subject, car surfer is designed for 195 and up and even at that you can do fight club for joker tickets, get trial car surfer and rock an alig with carsurfer without being 195, i think this guy taking the easy way out, cry about it enough and maybe staff or game devs would change it but then what would be left of carsurfer....The logic behind this post is this > "Im incompetent to find a solution so i cry about it and hope someone cares." Bro go buy an alig, get trial surfer from ophelia and stop the tears. People gonna run obviously cause in their possession they are defending the package from you. Get your team to t bone them or just like that other guy said, go afk, go do your makeup, make a sandwich and wait for a new match. We probly could all argue about things like this but then again it would just be a giant cesspool of tears and nothing done about it so dont waste your time. Dont like a mechanic? Dont play. You know exactly what ya got yourself into when you play any game, frustration and brainwork. I hope this doesnt fall under shaming but to be honest you're crying that a veteran with more time and experience out smarts you, find a way around it. One day you gonna have surfer and a osmaw and you're gonna be able to do the same thing, btw they removed the 3 minute cooldown for nitrous 3 so you dont have to be premium to get a 60 second nos CD, and 4x4 is obtainable via 2 methods, 10k jt's for doing FC challenges and buying firehawk off ARMAS. Hope this helps.

Nice picture Eva, looks like a combat gal using star 556 valentines :3

Edited by AquaSensei
Nice symbol

Just now, Evagelyne said:

Sort of behavior you see in dethreaters and certain clans...

high level opp don't do this and play much more honorably 🙂

not dethreaters, But from these bronze OSMAW a$$h0le noobs that get easy win with that running tactic, if they didn't have that tactic or OSMAW they would have been green by now.