NotZombieBiscuit

How many months until you all turn?

How many months until you all turn on Little Orbit?

1 Month?

3 Months?

6 Months?

Will it take a whole year maybe?

When 3.5 comes out and kills the game before 4.0 even has a chance?

• Like 2

I can do it in 3 minutes with 2 fingers 😘

It seriously feels like G1 is trying to make a fast buck before closing time! Those long enough here know what I mean.

11 minutes ago, Techdev said:

It seriously feels like G1 is trying to make a fast buck before closing time! Those long enough here know what I mean.

ive been here since the beginning and i don’t know what you mean

• Like 3

I never really turned on G1, so it's hard to say. The reason I never turned on G1 though was because I thought they mostly made the game better so. . .

. . . I guess it would take until LO does more to hurt APB than to help it? But all things considered, LO hasn't really done anything yet except change over to a worse forum, so there's not much to hate them for.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

I never really turned on G1, so it's hard to say. The reason I never turned on G1 though was because I thought they mostly made the game better so. . .

. . . I guess it would take until LO does more to hurt APB than to help it? But all things considered, LO hasn't really done anything yet except change over to a worse forum, so there's not much to hate them for.

Really..? I actually like the layout of this forum. It's hard to get use to, but I like how clean it feels and how seamless the and feature filled the new set-up is. 

Personally, I'm seeing it already happening in another thread and I already see that the community is wearing on Lixii. Matt is also communicating a lot less than before. Honestly I can't say that I'm all that surprised that the new GM's are starting to see the APB community for what it is, but I noticed it years ago. There are some very fine people in this community, just sad that those people aren't the vocal majority on these forums.

I won't even say a month, I'd give it an extra week from now or until they don't put out Battleye in a expedient amount of time. 

Edited by AgentWatson
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

I see people turning on them when or if they Added "Weapon Pickup" back in. 

I never really turned on g1 myself i'm a little more subdued then the more vocal of forum users. 

35 minutes ago, Techdev said:

If not all those articles and Matt himself I would think that LO is just G1's shell company to do exactly what you said.

Tbh people have loved and supported this game for years and didn't really turn on G1 until long after G1 had turned on itself, firing Neume, releasing Omochabox and Revoemag and basically letting go of the Reloaded staff not long after we got our new contacts.   The game pretty much went south after that and stooped lower and lower and... like wooo low.  yeah... and that's when the community that loved this game hated what was not being done for it... all we had were new joker boxes and a ridiculous amount of FF bans that pretty much devastated the playerbase and destroyed the clans.

So, it's true LO is kinda slow to make any footprint at all in this game, other than raise our hopes... but if they did nothing, sure the players would be angry, because we have expectation.  But I doubt people would hate LO the way they hated what G1 through bitter negligence did. A company would have to go far out of it's way to earn that kind of bad reputation.

Personally I think the game plan LO has is very doable and promising... a lot will change once BE is in place, some GMs are in-game, some events are planned, Armas prices are adjusted, and temp bans are in place to reduce the bad behavior, cheating, and yet not create the vindictiveness that led to rage hacking non-stop rerolls that plagued our game.  I think the hope is so high right now, that LO would literally have to just never do anything for us to turn on them. We want them to succeed and they want to succeed.  It's a wonderful partnership.

source.gif

24 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

ive been here since the beginning and i don’t know what you mean

Did you realy experienced our sunday test moments , the fun with the real dev and pr guys like deum and such. making the game into the succes it still is today.

Then going trough the turnmill that G1 is, seriously they never stoped their fast greed, apb could have been soooo much more, but....the end.

Just now, Techdev said:

Did you realy experienced our sunday test moments , the fun with the real dev and pr guys like deum and such. making the game into the succes it still is today.

Then going trough the turnmill that G1 is, seriously they never stoped their fast greed, apb could have been soooo much more, but....the end.

yes

but i don’t see how it relates to the company whose had public ownership for a month

7 minutes ago, Hey! said:

Tbh people have loved and supported this game for years and didn't really turn on G1 until long after G1 had turned on itself, firing Neume, releasing Omochabox and Revoemag and basically letting go of the Reloaded staff not long after we got our new contacts.   The game pretty much went south after that and stooped lower and lower and... like wooo low.  yeah... and that's when the community that loved this game hated what was not being done for it... all we had were new joker boxes and a ridiculous amount of FF bans that pretty much devastated the playerbase and destroyed the clans.

So, it's true LO is kinda slow to make any footprint at all in this game, other than raise our hopes... but if they did nothing, sure the players would be angry, because we have expectation.  But I doubt people would hate LO the way they hated what G1 through bitter negligence did. A company would have to go far out of it's way to earn that kind of bad reputation.

Personally I think the game plan LO has is very doable and promising... a lot will change once BE is in place, some GMs are in-game, some events are planned, Armas prices are adjusted, and temp bans are in place to reduce the bad behavior, cheating, and yet not create the vindictiveness that led to rage hacking non-stop rerolls that plagued our game.  I think the hope is so high right now, that LO would literally have to just never do anything for us to turn on them. We want them to succeed and they want to succeed.  It's a wonderful partnership.

source.gif

As an owner of this game, wound't you want to walk trough the big gates when everyting was in place!?? Instead of anouncing more false hope!!! I'm not saying LO does it, but it feels like that way atm.

Edited by Techdev

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

How many months until you all turn on Little Orbit?

1 Month?

3 Months?

6 Months?

Will it take a whole year maybe?

When 3.5 comes out and kills the game before 4.0 even has a chance?

It depends, will I get banned for calling my gay friend gay on the mic or other nonesense? If not then I will probably be fine since I get all the "ladies" and guns anyway.

2 minutes ago, Techdev said:

As an owner of this game, wound't you want to walk trough the big gates when everyting was in place!?? Instead of anouncing more false hope!!!

Let's be honest, LO has invested in and inherited a MESS.  Setting up an affordable and workable PLAN has not got to be easy.  My guess is APB won't be profitable for a little while.  But it does have a chance at being a great long-term investment and quite profitable if they invest in it properly and have the resources to fix what horrible mismanagement has created.  There's simply no way any company could buy this game and have it fixed to "walk through big gates" anytime soon.  It's like an Indie crowdfunded alpha right now.  Nothing BUT hope and promise.  It's going to take the investment and staff that LO has working with devs and designers to accomplish anything... and all this while the psychotic poops keep ddosing the servers... as usual.

They are a company which just acquired a diamond in a turd.  Right now it's a turd. Tomorrow it's a turd.  Next week, month it's a turd.  Get the picture?  But behind the scenes is a company which has a chance to repair the turdiness and polish the diamond. So moderate your expectations to align with reality, imo.

2 minutes ago, Hey! said:

Let's be honest, LO has invested in and inherited a MESS.  Setting up an affordable and workable PLAN has not got to be easy.  My guess is APB won't be profitable for a little while.  But it does have a chance at being a great long-term investment and quite profitable if they invest in it properly and have the resources to fix what horrible mismanagement has created.  There's simply no way any company could buy this game and have it fixed to "walk through big gates" anytime soon.  It's like an Indie crowdfunded alpha right now.  Nothing BUT hope and promise.  It's going to take the investment and staff that LO has working with devs and designers to accomplish anything... and all this while the psychotic poops keep ddosing the servers... as usual.

They are a company which just acquired a diamond in a turd.  Right now it's a turd. Tomorrow it's a turd.  Next week, month it's a turd.  Get the picture?  But behind the scenes is a company which has a chance to repair the turdiness and polish the diamond. So moderate your expectations to align with reality, imo.

I think with better hardware we will see a huge difference, the ddos mitigation in place before was likely insufficient. As well the server is likely overloaded. We may even need to unmerge servers. It's amazing that everyone came back when they heard the game was sold. It speaks volumes about the company, it literally scared away it's own customers.

That coupled with the lack of new armas content, and holiday events made it stale.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hey! said:

Thx for the perspective, it was gone for me for such a long time . Thx Hey;)

Edited by Techdev

I’m too lazy to turn. I’ve sat my fat patootie in the dining carriage of this hype-train, and I’m not going to move.

• Like 4

To be perfectly honest, probably never. They've inherited a flaming dumpster fire full of screaming wasps. They'd have to do something monumentally stupid to be culpable for making it worse, imo. If it dies, it'll be a case that LO couldn't save it rather than LO killed it. Given the state it's in, I can't really bash them if they can't save it.

Of course, I had reached the point of apathy and acceptance with G1 and was fully expecting the game to be wound up in the next year. So I'm not mentally invested in the game in the way I used to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrChan said:

To be perfectly honest, probably never. They've inherited a flaming dumpster fire full of screaming wasps. They'd have to do something monumentally stupid to be culpable for making it worse, imo. If it dies, it'll be a case that LO couldn't save it rather than LO killed it. Given the state it's in, I can't really bash them if they can't save it.

Of course, I had reached the point of apathy and acceptance with G1 and was fully expecting the game to be wound up in the next year. So I'm not mentally invested in the game in the way I used to.

The fate of the game is controlled by the community, if you put the community in a steel trap the game will die simple as that. Let's try to follow our common laws and constitutions, they have guided us for almost 1000 years if you count the magna carta. Stop ban hammering people like crazy. There is no invisible enemy here, we are just normal people. (most of us). Some members of the community are not too bright so you have to be gentle with them.

What does the Magna Carta say about in-game tiddies?

4 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

Says here all the animu tiddies were guarded buy this huge dragon that ate irish people or something.

Edit: That wasn't a typo, sell me animu tiddies.

Edited by Puffdragon

1 minute ago, AsgerLund said:

Considering the Magna Carta that most people revere as some sort of cornerstone of 'Common Law' was repealed 82 years after it was written it doesn't really matter.

we got a very light handed approach with g1

it didn’t work

• Like 1

It hasnt even been a month since they announced the sale and you guys are already hoping for them to fail and shutdown the game?

GQvJ5RX.png

• Like 7