Jump to content
Thial

A message to Matt Scott (wall of text)

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I should have been more clear. 

The topic of this thread has been discussed ad nauseum on the forums over the course of the last year. There is no new information here, no new suggestions, no new anything. In fact the OP basically laid out LOs stated roadmap as his idea for how to save the game. It's a post written by someone who hasn't even been paying attention. 

 

 

wait.. someone ISNT paying attention?

WTF!

 3.5 screenshots or it didnt happen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

I should have been more clear. 

The topic of this thread has been discussed ad nauseum on the forums over the course of the last year. There is no new information here, no new suggestions, no new anything. In fact the OP basically laid out LOs stated roadmap as his idea for how to save the game. It's a post written by someone who hasn't even been paying attention. 

 

 

You wrote that like 4 times already in this post.

You are basically trying to defy what the forum stands for.

 

Yes it was already mentioned 100 times that those things were posted already.

That doesn't mean that important issues can't be discussed multiple times or unti they are resolved.

Don't worry I've been following APB very carefully and I've seen every single blog post.

Yes those things were mentioned in the roadmap but is the roadmap actually being followed ?

That's highly debatable.

 

Do you see me taking credit for anything anywhere ?

I have even mentioned that this thread consists of things which people have been writing in multiple different threads and I have just summarized it.

That automatically means not taking credit for anything.

Quote

A lot in this message is common sense to many people but I thought that it would be nice to wrap it up in a direct message instead of having people write those things in many different threads.

How about an idea that I'm writing those things to remind LO about their roadmap because clearly they are stepping down from the path that they have initially set.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Seedy said:

wait.. someone ISNT paying attention?

WTF!

 3.5 screenshots or it didnt happen!

B1PUOSL.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 3:19 PM, Thial said:

There is no need to promote how many different cheaters were banned.
It's like taking out the garbage.

You don't show your neighbor what's in the bag.


Releasing the amounts of cheaters will only contribute to people being like "look look how many cheaters there are still in APB" which will ultimately result in people hacuksating each other.

 

I would like to see how my neighbor brings the garbage out so I can see that he is really working on keeping his apartment clean.

this could cause people to complain less as they see that Team LO or EAC is working on it.

it just feels good to see the garbage taken out and this example of TackoGirl no players are exposed. it just makes Little Orbit more sympathetic.

AND the anticheat (LO) is given more credence in fighting cheaters.

 

but I also understand your view!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shiggi said:

 

I would like to see how my neighbor brings the garbage out so I can see that he is really working on keeping his apartment clean.

this could cause people to complain less as they see that Team LO or EAC is working on it.

it just feels good to see the garbage taken out and this example of TackoGirl no players are exposed. it just makes Little Orbit more sympathetic.

AND the anticheat (LO) is given more credence in fighting cheaters.

 

but I also understand your view!

In the long run bringing up the topic of cheaters in any shape of form always ends up on hate, hackusations, drama and other pointless things.

That's the last thing we need right now.

But I will definitely agree that it feels good seeing cheaters getting banned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/24/2019 at 9:31 PM, Amberwind said:

Yep. They add something to the game with the current engine and 10 other problems pop up. Most recent example would be that the Obeya FBW doesn't count towards the gunslinger role (Probably because it's the starter weapon in RIOT). They don't listen to the community at all and seem to have their own vision of what is best for the game instead of making a simple poll asking us what we want, and then using that information to make an educated decision. It's sad, really.

I cannot confirm or deny this information . if the data is correct it is unacceptable . I'll get in the game , check .

Edited by Yood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thial said:

32gb ddr4 3200mhz

i9 9900k @ 5.0ghz

RTX 2080Ti core 2100 mem 7800

and also on nvme m.2 here and the game throws random out of memory errors at me.

Few other people had the same problem as me and the main hypothesis right now is that the current engine can't utilize the new GDDR6 memory which results in the engine freaking out.

Also 200 fps ?

Isn't the game capped at 144 fps since monitors with refresh past 144 fps are simply overclocked and it's not an actual refresh ?

I have a 165hz screen but that's OC, the base refresh is 144hz so the game is still capped at 144.

 

Additionally good gear won't fix bad code where the game will simply stutter upon loading assets because the devs weren't very good with async coding at the time when APB was being developed.

i3 3220 3.6Ghz, 4GB, GTX 650 Ti - mid graphics, never below 30 fps, most of the time +50. After installing Windows 10, I got +5-10 fps (update from Windows 7)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thial said:

~snip~

Sorry homie, yesterday was a bad day.

Carry on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

i3 3220 3.6Ghz, 4GB, GTX 650 Ti - mid graphics, never below 30 fps, most of the time +50. After installing Windows 10, I got +5-10 fps (update from Windows 7)

Using i3 when you could be ocing a good 965 be... *siiip*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BlueB said:

Using i3 when you could be ocing a good 965 be... *siiip*

Using same computer for 6 years without upgrading and spending 0€

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

Using same computer for 6 years without upgrading and spending 0€

You mean 965?

Edited by BlueB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's fun to see how everything he said need to be done but they don't care 😂🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game will die, soon. I've seen such a decrease in players these last 2 months than in the last 2 years of playing. Little orbit released a game mode with out thinking and want to profit from a game with a engine so old and held together with duct tape code that they failed to realized if they put money into the engine and just get it done content production will be of a much better quality and be able to produce more. Maybe they should go back to making games for children as that way there is no community involved and they can just do what they want

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Jownzy said:

This game will die, soon. I've seen such a decrease in players these last 2 months than in the last 2 years of playing. Little orbit released a game mode with out thinking and want to profit from a game with a engine so old and held together with duct tape code that they failed to realized if they put money into the engine and just get it done content production will be of a much better quality and be able to produce more. Maybe they should go back to making games for children as that way there is no community involved and they can just do what they want

I agree about the children part. They are so into children games that even the forums are for 4 yo, you cant even post ingame stuff withouy being warned for sexual content. 

Some apb artists got their symbols removed and left the game and forums ;(

 

I wish other company get the game.

Edited by BlueB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dofus said:

It's fun to see how everything he said need to be done but they don't care 😂🤣

 

4 minutes ago, Jownzy said:

This game will die, soon. I've seen such a decrease in players these last 2 months than in the last 2 years of playing. Little orbit released a game mode with out thinking and want to profit from a game with a engine so old and held together with duct tape code that they failed to realized if they put money into the engine and just get it done content production will be of a much better quality and be able to produce more. Maybe they should go back to making games for children as that way there is no community involved and they can just do what they want

 

The things I wrote in the main post were mentioned in the roadmap in some shape or form but the roadmap has faded away recently.

That's exactly why we need to remind LO to focus on the important things instead of wasting time on experimenting with random things.

As I have said before, more and more people are already leaving APB because they are tired of waiting for the engine for almost 7 years.

Soon there will be sooooo many good games coming out and even more people will leave and most likely never come back.

They have a limited amount of time to attract players and so far it doesn't look like they have any sense of urgency since RIOT was just released.

Sooner or later some studio might also come up with a project similar to APB and then it will be completely over because an outdated game like APB simply won't be able to compete with the current standards.

If LO won't take things seriously then APB will really die because the servers will be empty.

I don't want to hate but I work as a software engineer and from my perspective it's really strange how slowly the development is progressing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

APB is safe until some company releases a game with a unique PVP and A LOT of customization.  People come back to check if there is something new...

Development is very slow (due to their complicated process of delivering new features on this engine) and i feel that LO is being a little stubborn instead of listening to the community, we did not want RIOT, yet they delivered it with all the bugs and guess what? It's not fun, it's boring af

Result: Old players did not enjoy it very much, new players.....well, no new players

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Algoz said:

APB is safe until some company releases a game with a unique PVP and A LOT of customization.  People come back to check if there is something new...

Development is very slow (due to their complicated process of delivering new features on this engine) and i feel that LO is being a little stubborn instead of listening to the community, we did not want RIOT, yet they delivered it with all the bugs and guess what? It's not fun, it's boring af

Result: Old players did not enjoy it very much, new players.....well, no new players

 

Pretty much. That's exactly why I'm afraid that LO will turn into G1 if they will continue to do things the same way.
G1 has also started by talking to people etc but slowly they started doing things their own way and they stopped caring about what the community wanted.

I'm really afraid that RIOT is the beginning of the same transformation.

The companies starting to get more and more disconnected and trying to save the game their own way instead of simply doing community polls and listening to what the community says.

I hate it when companies see that 99% of the community is against something but for some reason they still think that we don't know what we want and we don't know what we are talking about and if we will see what they made we will absolutely love it.

Then that thing is a total flop (well duh... since 99% of the community was against it) and then the companies are like:

 

tumblr_inline_pfp352ORsk1r4hkfd_250.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Algoz said:

APB is safe until some company releases a game with a unique PVP and A LOT of customization.  People come back to check if there is something new...

Development is very slow (due to their complicated process of delivering new features on this engine) and i feel that LO is being a little stubborn instead of listening to the community, we did not want RIOT, yet they delivered it with all the bugs and guess what? It's not fun, it's boring af

Result: Old players did not enjoy it very much, new players.....well, no new players

 

cyberpunk, I'll see y'all there.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wibsey said:

cyberpunk, I'll see y'all there.

Yup, I will also be gone once cyberpunk comes out.

Probably like the rest of the community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, are you aware that when you bought a gamefirst did you get a deadline? You are aware that new players are coming into the game, after training they click on the beautiful picture of the area selection and go to hell. Then, heating the chair a little under it, having cursed enough, go out of the game and remove it. These people create a negative impression about the game, they will not return to it. It happens every day, every day you lose potential buyers, it's like an hourglass. The game is boring, incomprehensible, uninteresting for new players, you understand this. A situation has arisen when old players throw new ones out of the game, the selection of opponents plays an important role in this. If 1 old player comes out against 40 noobs, he will win! Do something with a threat level, and the selection of opponents, it is easier than the engine and rebellion. Also, only old players write on the forum, and they write something that is beneficial to them, new players are silent, they cannot write to you what they want. And they want fun, happiness, pleasure from the game. But in the game it is not! Goodbye, look at the other place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wibsey said:

cyberpunk, I'll see y'all there.

does cyberpunk have pvp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Sadly finding out that Cyberpunk would be Win 10 only pretty much killed it for me. 😞

Why not just use win 10 ? It's better in every way than 7 if you optimize it and get rid of all the garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Thial said:

Why not just use win 10 ? It's better in every way than 7 if you optimize it and get rid of all the garbage.

except you never can get rid of all the garbage, Win 10 is spyware pure and simple.

 

The fact that M$ are teating Win 10 as a service rather than an OS is more than enough to give me cause for concern. I strongly suspect they'll bring in yearly subscription fees before long, they aren't planning on releasing another version of Windows after Win 10 and they'll have to monetise it somehow.

 

Once using Win 7 is no longer a viable option I'll be switching to Linux.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

except you never can get rid of all the garbage, Win 10 is spyware pure and simple.

 

The fact that M$ are teating Win 10 as a service rather than an OS is more than enough to give me cause for concern. I strongly suspect they'll bring in yearly subscription fees before long, they aren't planning on releasing another version of Windows after Win 10 and they'll have to monetise it somehow.

 

Once using Win 7 is no longer a viable option I'll be switching to Linux.

You can get rid of every single piece of "spyware".

It's 2019. There are ways to disable whatever you want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...