Thial

A message to Matt Scott (wall of text)

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Yay another one of these posts.

Another player claiming they "know the way".

add it to the pile 

I was pleased the other day when you spoke so nicely about how if someone has an opinion they are welcome to post on the forums.

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SilverCrow said:

I was pleased the other day when you spoke so nicely about how if someone has an opinion they are welcome to post on the forums.

One thing is to have an opinion and other repeat things, right?

11 minutes ago, BlueB said:

What i personally dont understand is why you feel youll make a change typing somthing that already been said just because its you writting it.

You are understanding it wrong.

I'm not writing this post because I think that ME specifically writing it will make a difference.

I'm writing it because I hope that reminding LO about those things over and over might make them reconsider their choices and priorities if we will be persistent enough.

This post might be enough or we might need 20 more of posts like that.

Time will tell.

PS: If people will be only making fun of those who are speaking up like me then we will never achieve anything.

If people will instead join the conversation and voice their concerns we might actually achieve something.

Edited by Thial

9 minutes ago, Thial said:

I'm not writing this post because I think that ME specifically writing it will make a difference.

I'm writing it because I hope that reminding LO about those things over and over might make them reconsider their choices and priorities if we will be persistent enough.

Time will tell.

PS: If people will be only making fun of those who are speaking up like me then we will never achieve anything.

If people will instead join the conversation and voice their concerns we might actually achieve something.

But i think we tried long enough. Maybe if we liked 1 thread and we showed agreement to it it would have more weight than spamming... but its just my pov.

Edit, i hate phones now...

Edited by BlueB

Just now, BlueB said:

But i think we tried long enough. Maybe if we liked 1 thread and we showed agreement to it it would have more weigjt than spamming... but its just my pov.

I totally agree that we have tried long enough. But until APB completely closes down there is still hope.

That's exactly why I have written a new thread. A big thread about an issue is much better than a lot of comments scattered among many different threads about completely different things.

So far though instead of joining the conversation people are just making fun of me for trying.

We will never change anything that way.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Thial said:

Time will tell.

Sarcasm aside, you have written a well organised thread that sums up efficiently what the priorities should be especially after 3 months or more with no info about the progress of the engine upgrade whatsoever.

I don't think you need to bother explaining anything to anyone, what you're trying to do or say is pretty clear, cheers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WorldDominator said:

Sarcasm aside, you have written a well organised thread that sums up efficiently what the priorities should be especially after 3 months or more with no info about the progress of the engine upgrade whatsoever.

I don't think you need to bother explaining anything to anyone, what you're trying to do or say is pretty clear, cheers.

Thanks. I'm glad that someone sees the big picture.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Thial said:

I totally agree that we have tried long enough. But until APB completely closes down there is still hope.

That's exactly why I have written a new thread. A big thread about an issue is much better than a lot of comments scattered among many different threads about completely different things.

So far though instead of joining the conversation people are just making fun of me for trying.

We will never change anything that way.

What if you are compltly wrong about what you reposted and making it look 'awesome' like i think it is?

1 minute ago, BlueB said:

What if you are compltly wrong about what you reposted and making it look 'awesome' like i think it is?

I have mentioned a lot of common sense features (which btw were announced by G1 too).

I don't think that any of my points wasn't requested hundreds of times by people on the forum and in the game.

I hear people constantly complain about things like matchmaking, performance and the spawn system in the game.

I don't claim that I'm right in every way but I think that what I wrote is at least reasonable.

this guy provokes u..obviously want sht to keep goin so they lock the topic..btw u forgot to mention that we also wait for the 2 new contacts(only that miss)

Just now, TheMessiah said:

this guy provokes u..obviously want sht to keep goin so they lock the topic..btw u forgot to mention that we also wait for the 2 new contacts(only that miss)

Let's not talk about him. There's no point really.

About the contacts.

That would go into the content category which I'm assuming would happen most likely after the new engine goes live and some of the game systems would get reworked.

I have focused purely on the engine and the game mechanics in the main post since that's what would impact the game the most and that's also what people have been asking for years.

It's a good post Thial. Well summarized.

Of course people had to respond with the usual derogatory junk which about 50% of their content count consists of.

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Thial said:

I have focused purely on the engine and the game mechanics in the main post since that's what would impact the game the most and that's also what people have been asking for years.

Yea got that.The thing that concerns me most in this whole apb story are the consoles.Every new content will be delivered super slow because gonna be work x3 and when you have in mind xbox population is super low and PS 5 coming soon so playerbase there will drop for sure simply because people will want to buy the new shiny sht.Idk i dont see apb on consoles in near future.It was big misstake of G1.Maybe have future on this Stadia..but that means more wasted time when main focus must be on PC

20 minutes ago, Thial said:

I have mentioned a lot of common sense features (which btw were announced by G1 too).

I don't think that any of my points wasn't requested hundreds of times by people on the forum and in the game.

I hear people constantly complain about things like matchmaking, performance and the spawn system in the game.

I don't claim that I'm right in every way but I think that what I wrote is at least reasonable.

Engine is right, the rest cant be done without population and i think you already know it.

1 hour ago, Thial said:

Might be but it doesn't mean that we shouldn't at least try.

Took me 5 minutes to write this post.

That's a small price to pay for possibly creating some change.

you literally wrote same things as other players post, like "wow this guy finally spoken the truth"

dont waste your time man

8 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

It's a good post Thial. Well summarized.

Of course people had to respond with the usual derogatory junk which about 50% of their content count consists of.

Thanks. I have assumed from the start that a lot of people would be hating but I still believe that with enough persistence things can change.

It might not happen due to this post and instead maybe the 20th post after this one but we shouldn't just give up because of that.

The game will close down and then we will regret not speaking up after the fact. 

2 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Yea got that.The thing that concerns me most in this whole apb story are the consoles.Every new content will be delivered super slow because gonna be work x3 and when you have in mind xbox population is super low and PS 5 coming soon so playerbase there will drop for sure simply because people will want to buy the new shiny sht.Idk i dont see apb on consoles in near future.It was big misstake of G1.Maybe have future on this Stadia..but that means more wasted time when main focus must be on PC

I would say that this really depends on their implementation.

With a good implementation where the game is a single project and you have if statements where something is done differently depending on the platform they would only need to release things once because it would work the same on all platforms.

If they have 3 different projects though then yeah it might take longer but I don't think it will be THAT bad.

It will be surely easier to release content than it was so far.

2 minutes ago, BlueB said:

Engine is right, the rest cant be done without population and i think you already know it.

The engine is the main turning point which will make people look towards APB once again.

The 5 points that I have mentioned were also the main reason why people have left the game.

Some left because of the performance, some left because of the cheaters, some left because of the matchmaking etc etc.

Tackling all of those issues would ultimately make all of those people happy and is required for the whole "engine upgrade" undertaking to be successful.

That's specifically why I was unhappy with a dev team being put to work on RIOT instead of possibly working on the drafts of system reworks if they would have to wait for the engine to implement them.

Imagine seeing the engine upgrade patch notes like:

New engine:

-Updated graphics

-Multithreading

-Reworked spawn system

-Reworked matchmaking system

-Cross district matchmaking

-Balancing fixes

-Reworked threat system

I don't know about you but if I saw something like that I would immediately go back to playing APB as someone who has left the game.

They also don't need many players to implement those features.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

you literally wrote same things as other players post, like "wow this guy finally spoken the truth"

hes not..only some people comments are like that..and  i start it cause said this topic need more attention and 1nce and 4 all we stood or ground like community and get what we want all this years

11 minutes ago, Thial said:

Thanks. I have assumed from the start that a lot of people would be hating but I still believe that with enough persistence things can change.

It might not happen due to this post and instead maybe the 20th post after this one but we shouldn't just give up because of that.

The game will close down and then we will regret not speaking up after the fact. 

I would say that this really depends on their implementation.

With a good implementation where the game is a single project and you have if statements where something is done differently depending on the platform they would only need to release things once because it would work the same on all platforms.

If they have 3 different projects though then yeah it might take longer but I don't think it will be THAT bad.

It will be surely easier to release content than it was so far.

The engine is the main turning point which will make people look towards APB once again.

The 5 points that I have mentioned were also the main reason why people have left the game.

Some left because of the performance, some left because of the cheaters, some left because of the matchmaking etc etc.

Tackling all of those issues would ultimately make all of those people happy and is required for the whole "engine upgrade" undertaking to be successful.

That's specifically why I was unhappy with a dev team being put to work on RIOT instead of possibly working on the drafts of system reworks if they would have to wait for the engine to implement them.

Imagine seeing the engine upgrade patch notes like:

New engine:

-Updated graphics

-Multithreading

-Reworked spawn system

-Reworked matchmaking system

-Cross district matchmaking

-Balancing fixes

-Reworked threat system

I don't know about you but if I saw something like that I would immediately go back to playing APB as someone who has left the game.

They also don't need many players to implement those features.

Barely gets me because only the first two points really matter... at least for me.

5 minutes ago, BlueB said:

Barely gets me because only the first two points really matter... at least for me.

That's the point. There's something for everyone.

Everyone had a different reason for leaving APB.

That's why LO has to go big with the upgrade to cater to as many people as possible.

This engine release will be their best chance to announce something big along with it to restore the community.

You have to agree with that at least.

10 minutes ago, Thial said:

That's why LO has to go big with the upgrade to cater to as many people as possible.

This engine release will be their best chance to announce something big along with it to restore the community.

The best i expect them to bring with the engine is a graphical and probably a performance improvement since they failed -to my eyes- with evyrything else.

I dont feel any north.

Hey there @Thial,

There is nothing wrong about voicing your concerns and thoughts, unfortunately this has been posted, reposted, re-reposted, and reposted x1000000.

LO is really trying in fact, they have demonstrated commitment to improve the game, the customer supports transparency, and communication. Like Matt said the purpose of Riot was to have a deeper and better understanding on how the game works and its code, the EU is not an easy task and sorry to dissapoint but I don't see it happening anytime soon, not because LO don't care but because it is a huge and difficult task. I hope I am wrong about this but this is my gut feeling.

Again this is only my opinion... the hardest would be deal with cheaters. Focus engine, give players a purpose and a feeling of accomplishment, freedom and uncensorship. That would it for me, the rest should be easy.

Edit: forgot to mention to kill balance myth, its mostly enviroment. Weapons should be fun and functional.

Edited by BlueB

To all people saying that something have been posted 1000 thousand times it because nothing have changed only RIOT and no one asked for that

If LO wanted to know the inner of APB they should have fixed all the bugs the game have not doing a BR

1 hour ago, Thial said:

the engine upgrade isn’t going to go big and afaik it was never meant to, aside from some performance stabilization/optimization and minor graphical changes almost all of the actual engine upgrade will be invisible to players

even if the initial engine upgrade patch is released perfectly (spoiler: it won’t be), my non-technical estimation is the community will be looking at several  weeks to several months of major bug fixes before work even starts on problems from current apb 

i worry that the engine upgrade has been “hyped” for so long and that so many players are under the impression that a 6/12/24 hour patch will magically fix apb that when the engine upgrade is finally released, even if all goes smoothly (spoiler: it won’t), it will still be seen as a failure because it doesn’t live up to the monumental expectations that years of delays have caused

obviously it’s possible orbit realizes all this and are working tirelessly to “beef up” the engine upgrade content but that’s a double edged sword - the longer they spend trying to meet the unrealistic expectations, the higher those expectations get 

On 6/24/2019 at 3:25 AM, Thial said:

The mobile spawner has really damaged the game and is heavily abused in many ways which makes some of the missions really stupid

A spawn car that also has max armor when its a Nulander pioneer  is by far the hardest type for a bronze to deal with.

If the car spawn mod had a negative effect of armor not being allowed together with it then at least it would be more manageable

19 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

the engine upgrade isn’t going to go big and afaik it was never meant to, aside from some performance stabilization/optimization and minor graphical changes almost all of the actual engine upgrade will be invisible to players

even if the initial engine upgrade patch is released perfectly (spoiler: it won’t be), my non-technical estimation is the community will be looking at several  weeks to several months of major bug fixes before work even starts on problems from current apb 

i worry that the engine upgrade has been “hyped” for so long and that so many players are under the impression that a 6/12/24 hour patch will magically fix apb that when the engine upgrade is finally released, even if all goes smoothly (spoiler: it won’t), it will still be seen as a failure because it doesn’t live up to the monumental expectations that years of delays have caused

obviously it’s possible orbit realizes all this and are working tirelessly to “beef up” the engine upgrade content but that’s a double edged sword - the longer they spend trying to meet the unrealistic expectations, the higher those expectations get  

I have been thinking that as well.