Jump to content
dett2

Are you going to do something prevent DDOS issue?

Recommended Posts

NA server is laggy everyday.

Do you have any plan for fixing this issue?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dett2 said:

NA server is laggy everyday.

Do you have any plan for fixing this issue?

How do you fix a DDoS attack ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone talks about stop ddos but no one takes ddos feelings in account... ddos want to play apb too dont be mean.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If ddos could be prevented then there would be no point in doing it. In other words you can only mitigate the attack with varying success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jerycho said:

If ddos could be prevented then there would be no point in doing it. In other words you can only mitigate the attack with varying success.

Its called putting the attacker or attackers in jail. Thats how you prevent them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Its called putting the attacker or attackers in jail. Thats how you prevent them.

“just put terrorists in jail and terrorism will stop”

 

ok bud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Its called putting the attacker or attackers in jail. Thats how you prevent them.

Its nice when a single statement lays bare just how little someone knows about a given subject.

  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Its nice when a single statement lays bare just how little someone knows about a given subject.

If they dont have access to a pc they cant ddos anything can they? Yea theres things that can help mitigate them but to stop somebody who keeps on doing it thats the route it needs to go.

5 hours ago, Glaciers said:

“just put terrorists in jail and terrorism will stop”

 

ok bud

Yea spin my words way out to left field

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

If they dont have access to a pc they cant ddos anything can they? Yea theres things that can help mitigate them but to stop somebody who keeps on doing it thats the route it needs to go.

Yea spin my words way out to left field

taking your (hopelessly naive) statement to the logical extreme in order to highlight how ridiculous it is

 

you don’t seem to understand how difficult, if not impossible, it is to “catch” a ddoser - it’s not like someone sending anthrax through the postal service, or making threatening phone calls, or sending spam emails about nigerian princes with cash flow problems

 

trawling through the hundreds, if not thousands, if not millions of completely random ordinary computers (probably including yours seeing as how you know nothing) involved in a ddos attack takes a lot of time and resources and will probably just end up leading to some anonymous doofus who rents out botnets to other people (bonus difficulty points if the doofus or the botnet are located in another country), and the actual ddoser will just turn around and rent another from someone else

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how about asking cyber police.

Its obstruction of business.

Edited by dett2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Yea spin my words way out to left field

Well hold on... it's the same idea. If identifying the attackers were easy, wouldn't you think they'd be caught by now? Definitely much easier said than done... it's a felony after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Its called putting the attacker or attackers in jail. Thats how you prevent them.

Well first you cannot arrest someone just because even before the ddos happens. That's what I meant to prevent as in stop even before it happens. And as was said enough above me already, it's not that easy (understatement) locating who did it and even harder might be getting him out of his country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jerycho said:

it's not that easy (understatement) locating who did it and even harder might be getting him out of his country.

https://www.techspot.com/news/74517-wow-player-sentenced-year-federal-prison-crashing-blizzard.html

 

A  World of Warcraft player has been sentenced and fined for conducting repeated distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks against Blizzard servers.

 

19 hours ago, LittleGamersFirst said:

Everyone talks about stop ddos but no one takes ddos feelings in account... ddos want to play apb too dont be mean.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Roxane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Roxane said:

https://www.techspot.com/news/74517-wow-player-sentenced-year-federal-prison-crashing-blizzard.html

 

A  World of Warcraft player has been sentenced and fined for conducting repeated distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks against Blizzard servers.

this article is a great example of the difficulty involved

 

it took the fbi 1 year to track down the ddoser, it took 6 years to extradite him to the US for charges, and it took 1 year for court proceedings 

 

if if we apply the same time schedule for apb, will the game even be alive by the time the ddoser is in court?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Roxane said:

https://www.techspot.com/news/74517-wow-player-sentenced-year-federal-prison-crashing-blizzard.html

 

A  World of Warcraft player has been sentenced and fined for conducting repeated distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks against Blizzard servers.

 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well thanks for proving my point I suppose. And this was just one guy. There are professionals out there for hire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...