2 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Another thing that i forgot to mention. You are pushing this, you are the one that needs PROVING this does not affect the game play, and if you are effective at it there is no reason for wasting LO in such feature or allowing it.

The game been running long enough without center dots or custom crosshairs and there is no reason to adding them or allowing players to modify their game with third party programs.

If you want I will stream one night with and without the cross hair. To make it even better I will not show the cross hair on stream and toggle it on and off. You then tell me the missions I used one and the missions I didnt with some back up to how you know. Fair enough? 

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Well I guess for now its settled then.

Static dot crosshair overlays offer no benefit.

So there is no reason for LO to allow 3rd party crosshairs, or to add static center dot crosshairs in game.

Keep assuming things without facts to back them up. I know facts are challenging and scary for some people. Feels over reals. I offered you to prove me wrong, you refuse to do so. 

2 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

they get banned if you show that to support, G1 has no inbuilt way to check this, thats why some get away with it.

There are plenty peeps like you on twitch Lily. They aren't banning people over it because they know it would be a bad idea. On Jan 1, 2015 is when the policy went into effect. Has ANYONE been banned for shaders and/or cross hair in that time?

people like me are not on twitch, because I am not on twitch. If soemoen is on twitch, he is alread ynot like me.

Edited by LilyV3

7 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

If you want I will stream one night with and without the cross hair. To make it even better I will not show the cross hair on stream and toggle it on and off. You then tell me the missions I used one and the missions I didnt with some back up to how you know. Fair enough? 

Keep assuming things without facts to back them up. I know facts are challenging and scary for some people. Feels over reals. I offered you to prove me wrong, you refuse to do so. 

There are plenty peeps like you on twitch Lily. They aren't banning people over it because they know it would be a bad idea. On Jan 1, 2015 is when the policy went into effect. Has ANYONE been banned for shaders and/or cross hair in that time?

Sorry but i dont want to watch your stream, just provide enough videos from diferent people to prove your statements and arguments.

EDIT: just remember that if you prove that it doesnt affect the gameplay there would be not need to add discussed features or allow them.

Edited by LuzExtinguido

4 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Sorry but i dont want to watch your stream, just provide enough videos from diferent people to prove your statements and arguments.

You just told me I need to prove it and now you're telling me to do my original idea. I don't need to prove it provides no advantage....I know it doesn't. 

9 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

5Sxgguv.gif

3 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

You just told me I need to prove it and now you're telling me to do my original idea. I don't need to prove it provides no advantage....I know it doesn't. 

Well, you know it doesnt, but everyone is saying that yes... if it doesnt give any advantage then it shouldnt be added or allowed either.

EDIT: how long has it been without center dot (persistan crosshair ever?), why change it now for a few third program users?

Edited by LuzExtinguido

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

5Sxgguv.gif

You're the fountain in the background. Fountain of misinformation. 

You're the fountain in the background. Fountain of misinformation. 

vKpfGZD.gif

What we have are two competing theories:

1: Static dot crosshair offers benefits

2: Static dot crosshair offers no benefits

Neither one of us has any data to back up either claim. Its simply a discussion. Which is what forums are for.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

vKpfGZD.gif

What we have are two competing theories:

1: Static dot crosshair offers benefits

2: Static dot crosshair offers no benefits

Neither one of us has any data to back up either claim. Its simply a discussion. Which is what forums are for.

And he wants to provide personal evidence... its common sense to present multiple sources. He is playing the smartboi.

What ive explained is really simple and needs no proof or evidence, anyone can understand it xD

Meh i will try once more, i wont make drawings because paint is awful 😜

OPGL equiped:

Not center dot:

-Sprint

-stop

-crosshair appears

-aim

-fire

Center dot:

-sprint and aim

-fire

What looks like shorter for you?

Just now, LuzExtinguido said:

OPGL equiped:

Not center dot:

-Sprint

-stop

-crosshair appears

-aim

-fire

Center dot:

-sprint and aim

-fire

put some tape on ur damn monitor if you dont know the center of ur screen or just git gud

It's a dumb argument. The fact that there are plenty of games already available that offer these customization options to players is a detail not lost on me. But it seems to be lost on a lot of people in this thread. There are literally dozens of monitors available now that have the ability to even enable a crosshair, I'm actually using one. As I recall it sounds like Matt wants to enable features like that eventually anyway. 

There is literally 0 discussion to be had because in my mind, it's just pretty much the consensus you have that much customization in your game if you're going to have your game on PC in 2018. The hold crouch or toggle sprint are features that should've been there from the very beginning. When players integrate those features themselves via configuring the ini files I just don't have anything against it and I completely understand as to why they'd do that.

It shouldn't of been an oversight by G1 not to notice that those features were surely needed sooner but decided instead to go with the heavy handed approach and ostracize the players that decided to just implement those features themselves. The Advanced Launcher in itself does pretty much the same thing, it changes features not normally available through the ingame settings, I wouldn't see that as an exploitative tool and I'm sure many other people here wouldn't either. I feel it's a double standard for someone to use advanced launcher and with the same mind ostracize people who edit ini files manually. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EmptyPillow said:

put some tape on ur damn monitor if you dont know the center of ur screen or just git gud

No? I just play the game like is meant to be played... i may a miss some launchs with my opgl while sprinting but still doing fairly good.

5 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:

I'll try one more time also. I'll stream live just for you. You won't know if/when I am using a cross hair. You point to the evidence in my game play when you think the cross hair is giving me an advantage. I will then show the raw footage of whether or not I had the cross hair. If you can pin point each time I am using the cross hair and the advantage it gives me I will concede my point and agree with you that the cross hair is pure evil and everyone who mentions it should be bandedededed for being a big mini hecker chet.

I'll try one more time also. I'll stream live just for you. You won't know if/when I am using a cross hair. You point to the evidence in my game play when you think the cross hair is giving me an advantage. I will then show the raw footage of whether or not I had the cross hair. If you can pin point each time I am using the cross hair and the advantage it gives me I will concede my point and agree with you that the cross hair is pure evil and everyone who mentions it should be bandedededed for being a big mini hecker chet.

I dont really need to see anything because i already played like 8000 hours... you may show diferent sources to people who cant understand it, and not only yours. And by proving your gameplay is not affected by such dot or whatever you want added, it makes it useless to add it in the first place, or allow it. Not hard to understand...

I even cared to type this for easier and simple understanding:

12 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:

OPGL equiped:

Not center dot:

-Sprint

-stop

-crosshair appears

-aim

-fire

Center dot:

-sprint and aim

-fire

You have really low ttk in this game, taking more time to execute any action may cost your life.

Edited by LuzExtinguido

12 minutes ago, AgentWatson said:

It's a dumb argument. The fact that there are plenty of games already available that offer these customization options to players is a detail not lost on me. But it seems to be lost on a lot of people in this thread. There are literally dozens of monitors available now that have the ability to even enable a crosshair, I'm actually using one. As I recall it sounds like Matt wants to enable features like that eventually anyway. 

There is literally 0 discussion to be had because in my mind, it's just pretty much the consensus you have that much customization in your game if you're going to have your game on PC in 2018. The hold crouch or toggle sprint are features that should've been there from the very beginning. When players integrate those features themselves via configuring the ini files I just don't have anything against it and I completely understand as to why they'd do that.

It shouldn't of been an oversight by G1 not to notice that those features were surely needed sooner but decided instead to go with the heavy handed approach and ostracize the players that decided to just implement those features themselves. The Advanced Launcher in itself does pretty much the same thing, it changes features not normally available through the ingame settings, I wouldn't see that as an exploitative tool and I'm sure many other people here wouldn't either. I feel it's a double standard for someone to use advanced launcher and with the same mind ostracize people who edit ini files manually. 

Of course it's a very dumb argument. It boils down to people making excuses for their shortcomings. It's 2018....when you don't want to blame yourself, blame someone/thing else.

@LaQuandra

Oh you may have missed other thing that i said: if lo decides to add it for EVERYONE (which is the best solution since everyone is using it multipleways), then it would be not longer an advantage and there will be no reason to complain or discuss dots in the middle or permanent crosshairs when they shouldnt appear.

On 6/3/2018 at 9:17 AM, LuzExtinguido said:

Pls dont allow this, we gona get sprintshoters everywhere...

A simple reply....

Git gud.

Just now, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

A simple reply....

Git gud.

Nope, i wont gitgud glitching and desync using a permanent custom crosshair with macro (because this one is a tool) or mwheel.

Nope, i wont gitgud glitching and desync using a permanent custom crosshair with macro (because this one is a tool) or mwheel.

stop talking about macro's nobody here is justyfing macro's or asking it to be allowed after BE 

1 minute ago, EmptyPillow said:

stop talking about macro's nobody here is justyfing macro's or asking it to be allowed after BE 

But there are plenty of mouses that come with macro... i allways used a cheap $5 one, cant compete with them bud.

But there are plenty of mouses that come with macro... i allways used a cheap $5 one, cant compete with them bud.

are you implying that everyone who has a mouse that is capable of using a macro uses one? and are you also implying everyone who shoots semi auto weapons at good fire rates are using one?

3 minutes ago, EmptyPillow said:

are you implying that everyone who has a mouse that is capable of using a macro uses one? and are you also implying everyone who shoots semi auto weapons at good fire rates are using one?

Well, since everyone is admiting using custom crosshairs or w/e i wouldnt be surprised.

1 minute ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Well, since everyone is admiting using custom crosshairs or w/e i wouldnt be surprised.

aha because changing crosshair is on the same level as using macro's