Can the SBSR Series get some Love plz? :(

Did you know the Coroner and SBSR-IRS are fucking trash??

I love the gun, dont get me wrong, but its a real shame that such an amazing gun such as the GM6 Lynx in APB is well... As I stated, absolute garbage that should never be used as its just stumped by every gun in the game.  I mean shit, the default RFP does more damage quicklier and more reliably than a damn sniper rifle. ( even at range lmao )  My main issues with the SBSR Series, in this particular case, the SBSR-Coroner. is the super long patootie reload time and extreme movement restriction,ontop of the so little damage for the amount of bullets it has makes it so unreliable. not to mention it doesnt even have the damage rampup of the DMR.....

Other than that, the goofy banana grip needs to go and the oversized cartoonish muzzle break needs downsized xd

Video for example.

Ive literally only ever seen TWO PEOPLE OTHER THAN MYSELF use this gun since its been released.  Im not saying that it should be OP or anything but its horrendously bad at everything.

Edited by Guest

uh the issrb is insanely versatile, i’m pretty sure any buff at all would push it into op territory 

6 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

uh the issrb is insanely versatile, i’m pretty sure any buff at all would push it into op territory 

okay explain then. lol

We understand you have to drag out your replies to 10 plus posts to get as many forum posts as possible but can you just please explain in one simple post please?

Edited by Guest

43 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

okay explain then. lol

If you consider the ISSR-B a sniper rifle, it has the fastest time-to-kill with 0,9 seconds. Good jump shot accuracy and can even be hip fired from under 20 meters. Great hard damage, destroying cars in a 1 clip. One of the most versatile guns in apb if you ask me.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and ISSR-B has no movement penalty what so ever, making it even better as a mobile sniper.

Edited by ColorBauss

4 minutes ago, ColorBauss said:

If you consider the ISSR-B a sniper rifle, it has the fastest time-to-kill with 0,9 seconds. Good jump shot accuracy and can even be hip fired from under 20 meters. Great hard damage, destroying cars in a 1 clip. One of the most versatile guns in apb if you ask me.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and ISSR-B has no movement penalty what so ever, making it even better as a mobile sniper.

Idk about that destroying cars in 1 clip part but it does still do some crazy levels of hard damage for what it is.

55 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

okay explain then. lol

We understand you have to drag out your replies to 10 plus posts to get as many forum posts as possible but can you just please explain in one simple post please?

the guy who made 10 separate threads in one day is going to ride me about post count lmao

the issrb is a sniper rifle that can still compete in mid range and cqc, it has a massive amount of hard damage, it has no mobility restrictions, it can be fired out of a vehicle, it can be used similarly to a burst fire weapon for cheese plays, it does respectable stamina damage, and it currently has the best accuracy while jumpshooting of any weapon for whatever that’s worth on a 4stk weapon

the only real real downside it has is the preset silencer, it’s lack of uber long range capabilities (altho it only ever becomes a 7stk), and the $20 usd price tag

none of these things make it op (except possibly the excessive hard damage) because it’s not the best at anything, imo that changes as soon as it excels at one thing and is decent at everything else 

7 minutes ago, TacticallyRed said:

Idk about that destroying cars in 1 clip part but it does still do some crazy levels of hard damage for what it is.

the issrb actually does more hard damage per magazine than a dmr av does under 88m

Edited by BXNNXD

Well I could say the same about LMGs, I barely see ppl using them aside from myself.

57 minutes ago, ColorBauss said:

Wrong gun.... xd

SBSR IRS :^)

45 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

the guy who made 10 separate threads in one day is going to ride me about post count lmao

the issrb is a sniper rifle that can still compete in mid range and cqc, it has a massive amount of hard damage, it has no mobility restrictions, it can be fired out of a vehicle, it can be used similarly to a burst fire weapon for cheese plays, it does respectable stamina damage, and it currently has the best accuracy while jumpshooting of any weapon for whatever that’s worth on a 4stk weapon

the only real real downside it has is the preset silencer, it’s lack of uber long range capabilities (altho it only ever becomes a 7stk), and the $20 usd price tag

none of these things make it op (except possibly the excessive hard damage) because it’s not the best at anything, imo that changes as soon as it excels at one thing and is decent at everything else 

the issrb actually does more hard damage per magazine than a dmr av does under 88m

Proof you didnt even pay attention to what I was talking about and the video I posted.

6YKqULG.png

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

Why are you talking about the ISSR-B in an SBSR thread?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Why are you talking about the ISSR-B in an SBSR thread?

because our dear friend socks managed to put “issr-b” in both the title and the op, even though he apparently meant the sbsr 

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Like 3

I've never seen or used the gun myself, but from what it seems (after watching a bit of gameplay of it), it needs a range buff most definitely. I think it's because of the silencer that it performs terribly as a sniper lol. But otherwise it seems like a solid and versatile gun that is just underrated, but also unpractical.

55 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

because our dear friend socks managed to put “issr-b” in both the title and the op, even though he apparently meant the sbsr 

NO I DIDNT SHHHHHH

Merged.

51 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

I've never seen or used the gun myself, but from what it seems (after watching a bit of gameplay of it), it needs a range buff most definitely. I think it's because of the silencer that it performs terribly as a sniper lol. But otherwise it seems like a solid and versatile gun that is just underrated, but also unpractical.

look at my video.

4 hours ago, Goldtiger said:

Practically everything laughs at it. It really is that bad. 

Also the guns curiously do have quite solid ranges on them. The rifle one has a 75m range and the sniper comes in at 95m. Problem is every other stat on it is just so god damned abysmally bad that I wouldn't wish this gun on my worst enemy. Feels clunky, and underperforms massively. 

At least the Norseman guns are more reliable. Less clunky despite their gimmicky mechanics too. That's saying a lot. 

Edited by Genobee

SBSR needs something done to it. Currently it's an underpowered DMR-AV, for all intents and purposes, with a hugely unforgiving recoil pattern for no discernible reason. Hell, even the S-247 "Oblivion" has more use now.

However, I am really stumped as to what you could do to the SBSR that would make it unique enough to not be considered a DMR clone, yet still be a fun to use sniper.

Don't even get me started on the Coroner, I have no clue what to do regarding that weapon.

4 minutes ago, Kempington said:

SBSR needs something done to it. Currently it's an underpowered DMR-AV, for all intents and purposes, with a hugely unforgiving recoil pattern for no discernible reason. Hell, even the S-247 "Oblivion" has more use now.

However, I am really stumped as to what you could do to the SBSR that would make it unique enough to not be considered a DMR clone, yet still be a fun to use sniper.

Don't even get me started on the Coroner, I have no clue what to do regarding that weapon.

could just go with the lazy approach and give both weapons full mobility, making them more like an automatic anubis - and get rid of the ridiculous increasing recoil over time, thats a garbage mechanic

give it perfect accuracy when jumpshooting so it has its own gimmick, even it it wouldnt be super useful on a 3stk weapon

perhaps only the coroner could get these changes, and the irs would remain a heavy weapon (with an appropriate hard damage buff to make it "competitive")

I've got it, follow these easy steps and the gun will be great:

1. Give the SBSR 100% damage at 0m, 150% damage at 50m, and then 100% damage at 100m.
  2. Reduce its recoil by 50% but it's horizontal, but only on Tuesday and Saturday.
  3. Give the IRS a pink skin.
  4. Make the Coroner have 180 FoV and the IRS 10.
  5. 200% movement speed while in ADS in both guns.
  6. The gun's magazine size goes from 25% at the start of a mission stage to 500% at the last second.
  7. Having more grenades in your inventory gives the gun a faster reload speed.
  8. 400% damage at max movement bloom penalty.
  9. Make the Coroner have a 1 in 100 chance to shoot an OSMAW rocket.

Easy fix.

Just refund everyone that purchased it and delete it.

8 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Just refund everyone that purchased it and delete it.

no! 😧

9 hours ago, Kewlin said:

I've got it, follow these easy steps and the gun will be great:

1. Give the SBSR 100% damage at 0m, 150% damage at 50m, and then 100% damage at 100m.
  2. Reduce its recoil by 50% but it's horizontal, but only on Tuesday and Saturday.
  3. Give the IRS a pink skin.
  4. Make the Coroner have 180 FoV and the IRS 10.
  5. 200% movement speed while in ADS in both guns.
  6. The gun's magazine size goes from 25% at the start of a mission stage to 500% at the last second.
  7. Having more grenades in your inventory gives the gun a faster reload speed.
  8. 400% damage at max movement bloom penalty.
  9. Make the Coroner have a 1 in 100 chance to shoot an OSMAW rocket.

Easy fix.

I was gonna share my doughnut but now Im not going to because of this post/

17 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

so socks edited his original post to change ISSR-B to SBSR then makes fun of you for being on topic after his editing?

Edited by illgot
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, illgot said:

so socks edited his original post to change ISSR-B to SBSR then makes fun of you for being on topic after his editing?

yes. we all realized that was the joke. thank you for taking the time to point out the obvious that any simple minded simpleton could have and has realized already. thank you for your patronage. 

21 minutes ago, illgot said:

the title had issrb, and the og post mentioned both the issrb and the sbsr, i can only assume that socks’ brain couldn’t handle all the letters and had to reformat 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

Wut about other guns ?... harbenger 

mmm harbenger 🤤

1 hour ago, a Pair of Socks said:

yes. we all realized that was the joke. thank you for taking the time to point out the obvious that any simple minded simpleton could have and has realized already. thank you for your patronage. 

So you basically made fun about someone not being able to understand that you meant SBSR-IRS when your original post kept mentioning the ISSR-B in both the tittle and text of your post... I mean who watches a video featuring the wrong weapon when it's obvious by the title/text alone (in the original post) showed you had no clue what you were talking about.

Your acting like a child then trying to cover it up after editing your mistakes.

But I fully agree with you the SBSR-IRS needs a complete rework.

Edited by illgot
  • Thanks 1