Sign in to follow this  

Is Gaming in NA Dying? RoE is the same condition as APB; Noone ever playing NA

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Those numbers can be as close as u want Jericho is still worse now then when it was last yr. Were under 1000 peak players overall and Jericho struggles to keep its total pop above 200 players, which when you subtract the social warriors who dont actually play the game your struggling to hold a pop of a mere 165 ppl at best. Theres no way Jericho can continue on as it stands and LO is going to have to close off some districts to try to keep a district populated enough to play. LO and @MattScott have a decision to make as they have to release some kind of game fixes before the engine update to at least maintain the pop thats left or there wont be anybody when its ready. Citadel has afew more players but not by much and at this stage of the game nobody is going to make new chars and redo all their customs in a game that wont last long enough to enjoy it.

^^ Hopefully they do something soon.

On 4/13/2019 at 10:30 PM, CookiePuss said:

Here are the numbers:

sNnaLKi.png

STEAMCHARTS    An ongoing analysis of Steam's concurrent players.

You realize Steam charts only show players who log in via Steam.  There are a lot of players who don't.  Therefore those charts only show a small portion of the playerbase anyway and are not entirely accurate as to overall accounts logging in or not logging in. If you are so delusional as not to notice the precipitous decline of jericho since last year... no point in pretending to have a convo with you.  The game's declining hugely, because LO can't deliver on it's promises... because a large portion of their returned playerbase was due to mass unbanning.... but nothing was maintaining their interest.  Not just that, but cheaters still cheat and now there isn't even Togg's to moderate them... LO can't even answer support tickets.  So ASSUREDLY the game is in the worst condition it's ever been in.  I HOPE things turn around, but let's get some honestly about the situation Mr. STEAM charts.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hey! said:

1: Therefore those charts only show a small portion of the playerbase anyway

2: and are not entirely accurate as to overall accounts logging in or not logging in....

1: Not correct

2: Correct

I've always used this to monitor /pop on the different servers. If we take those figures at face value, then a comparison with Steam charts shows, that 80-85% log in using Steam. This figure used to be around 90%, but I believe the decline in steam user percentage is a result of Nekrova being included in the above link. My guess is that less of the old Innova players (Innova was never tracked) who migrated to Nekrova (which is being tracked) use Steam than Citadel and Jericho players. So saying that Steam charts only show a small portion of the player base is not correct. But they are not entirely accurate either.

Related to Jericho, the past week shows the following daily peak /pop:

Around 230 players on weekdays

Around 260 players during the weekend

Considering those are peak numbers, then @Darkzero3802was quite close with his in-game popservations (ayyyyyy!!!!).

5 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

I've always used this to monitor /pop on the different servers. If we take those figures at face value, then a comparison with Steam charts shows, that 80-85% log in using Steam. This figure used to be around 90%, but I believe the decline in steam user percentage is a result of Nekrova being included in the above link. My guess is that less of the old Innova players (Innova was never tracked) who migrated to Nekrova (which is being tracked) use Steam than Citadel and Jericho players. So saying that Steam charts only show a small portion of the player base is not correct. But they are not entirely accurate either.

Considering those are peak numbers, then @Darkzero3802was quite close with his in-game popservations (ayyyyyy!!!!).

shhh child, ignorance is bliss.

Come to my house sometime, Ill cook us some Steamed Hams.

52 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

shhh child, ignorance is bliss.

Come to my house sometime, Ill cook us some Steamed Hams.

You better live in upstate New York.

3 hours ago, Hey! said:

You realize Steam charts only show players who log in via Steam.  There are a lot of players who don't.  Therefore those charts only show a small portion of the playerbase anyway and are not entirely accurate as to overall accounts logging in or not logging in. If you are so delusional as not to notice the precipitous decline of jericho since last year... no point in pretending to have a convo with you.  The game's declining hugely, because LO can't deliver on it's promises... because a large portion of their returned playerbase was due to mass unbanning.... but nothing was maintaining their interest.  Not just that, but cheaters still cheat and now there isn't even Togg's to moderate them... LO can't even answer support tickets.  So ASSUREDLY the game is in the worst condition it's ever been in.  I HOPE things turn around, but let's get some honestly about the situation Mr. STEAM charts.

2 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

The hero we need. 

Edited by CookiePuss

18 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

id say thats abit high especially if you count the social warriors. They arent actually playing there just sitting around afk in social all day.

10 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

id say thats abit high especially if you count the social warriors. They arent actually playing there just sitting around afk in social all day.

Yeah, but why would it be a higher percentage than it was last April?

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah, but why would it be a higher percentage than it was last April?

why would what be higher? the amount of social warriors? Cause less ppl r playing they make up a bigger %

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

My bad, when I said "players" I meant "people online on Jericho", so it includes social slackers. The peak value for active players in mission districts and fight club is obviously lower than the 230-260.

People from Asia too , now play on EU. NA ping is horrible

On 4/15/2019 at 2:00 AM, AsgerLund said:

then a comparison with Steam charts shows, that 80-85% log in using Steam. This figure used to be around 90%

Nonsense. The hardcore APB playerbase tweaks their graphics to the lowest setting or uses apps that shut down all unnecessary processes like Gamebooster, etc.... ANSWER: to tweak as min/max as possible the best gaming performance... And that above all entails NOT logging in with a secondary continuously running program like Steam. What do you gain by it except a resource drain and performance hit, when you can so easily bypass Steam and log in directly? You gain nothing.  Hence MOST people do NOT log in via Steam... except maybe the newer or dumb ones, or the filthy rich who can afford twilight speed gaming rigs and don't care about losing a little performance.

1 hour ago, lucid said:

People from Asia too , now play on EU. NA ping is horrible

And THIS is why most players do NOT log in via secondary programs that drain resources like Steam. 

14 minutes ago, Hey! said:

Nonsense. The hardcore APB playerbase tweaks their graphics to the lowest setting or uses apps that shut down all unnecessary processes like Gamebooster, etc.... ANSWER: to tweak as min/max as possible the best gaming performance... And that above all entails NOT logging in with a secondary continuously running program like Steam. What do you gain by it except a resource drain and performance hit, when you can so easily bypass Steam and log in directly? You gain nothing.  Hence MOST people do NOT log in via Steam... except maybe the newer or dumb ones, or the filthy rich who can afford twilight speed gaming rigs and don't care about losing a little performance.

And THIS is why most players do NOT log in via secondary programs that drain resources like Steam. 

Just compare steam numbers and will.io/apb

38 minutes ago, Hey! said:

most of the hardcore player base doesn’t need programs like gamebooster because they have PCs that can run the game just fine with the available gfx options 

that aside comparing steam pop and ingame pop (/pop command)/will.io has consistently shown that there’s a relatively small difference between steam numbers and total population, it’s been that way for years 

15 hours ago, Hey! said:

You didn't even check the link I provided with /pop figures, did you... and even less compare it with Steam figures, like I did.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, AsgerLund said:

You didn't even check the link I provided with /pop figures, did you... and even less compare it with Steam figures, like I did.

How dare you bring reality into this discussion!

6VwZNae.gif

23 hours ago, Hey! said:

If playing via steam and playing via the G1 launcher is such a major perf hit to you then you got one P.O.S. pc. Plz, invest in an up to date one even G1 servers are better. Ive played via 2 diff pcs on steam and non steam and there was no diff between the 2 on each pc. They both use the G1 launcher at the end of the day anyway the only diff is that one is straight up log in and play and the other allows you to contact friends and chat and or play with them.

23 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

most of the hardcore player base doesn’t need programs like gamebooster because they have PCs that can run the game just fine with the available gfx options 

that aside comparing steam pop and ingame pop (/pop command)/will.io has consistently shown that there’s a relatively small difference between steam numbers and total population, it’s been that way for years 

^ this. If you pc is remotely better then the G1 servers you dont need any kind of booster (which if your pc is worse then these servers its a p.o.s. that needs to be scrapped yesterday) and for those trying to get better fps you not guna get anything better in the current engine as pc tech surpassed it many yrs ago. Case in point I just built a new pc 3 weeks ago and upgraded everything inside and im still in the 60s fps wise, if a GTX 1050ti can easily handle APB my new RTX2060 wont break a sweat. Either deal with it or dont play. Steam charts and /pop has been proven to be so close together that any argument of steam charts being inaccurate is invalid. Most ppl play via steam, end of story.

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

If playing via steam and playing via the G1 launcher is such a major perf hit to you then you got one P.O.S. pc. Plz, invest in an up to date one even G1 servers are better.

And if you think APB population hasn't taken the biggest nose-dive and is circling the toilet worse than at any time previous, you can just keep blowing those steam chart figures up your assets.  For a FACT, back in the day some hardcore people played with SUCH low resolutions as to be nearly outlines only.  Don't tell me EVERYONE who plays this game logs in with Steam, thats the single most overly optimistic wad of hoopla ever posted.

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

How dare you bring reality into this discussion!

Your comments don't match reality.  This game popu;ation isn't anywhere near the same as last year.  It's DYING HARD AND FAST.  Maybe you need to get some reality.

10 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

Nope.  All I have to do is log into Jericho and see how wrong you are.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hey! said:

~snip~

At this point you are just embarrassing yourself. Frothing at the mouth while ignoring all the evidence myself and others have put before you. 

Take care of yourself man, I'm out.

29 minutes ago, Hey! said:

Players online in APB:

Total count from will.io - 656

Via Steam - 572

The vast majority log on via Steam.

You only have to accept facts to see how wrong you are.

35 minutes ago, Hey! said:

And if you think APB population hasn't taken the biggest nose-dive and is circling the toilet worse than at any time previous, you can just keep blowing those steam chart figures up your assets.  For a FACT, back in the day some hardcore people played with SUCH low resolutions as to be nearly outlines only.  Don't tell me EVERYONE who plays this game logs in with Steam, thats the single most overly optimistic wad of hoopla ever posted.

Your comments don't match reality.  This game popu;ation isn't anywhere near the same as last year.  It's DYING HARD AND FAST.  Maybe you need to get some reality.

no one in this thread has said that "everyone" logs in with steam

since you seem to be so fixated on logging in, here's some screenshots from about 2 minutes ago

508892c9709a0413e286ea2cd70713e1.png

01d1e4901c8fba68502f4ba4b438a92c.pnge39a36772c0d54bddaafdd8804346a36.png

and will.io for comparison, also about 2 minutes ago

a68876c061979f0efc9e106f6195db53.png

49c04b72bcd492e273f5db1c54594a73.png

its more than a little ironic that you're ranting and raving about reality and yet everything you've posted is based on your feelings

congratz, you played yourself

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

no one in this thread has said that "everyone" logs in with steam

since you seem to be so fixated on logging in, here's some screenshots from about 2 minutes ago

508892c9709a0413e286ea2cd70713e1.png

01d1e4901c8fba68502f4ba4b438a92c.pnge39a36772c0d54bddaafdd8804346a36.png

and will.io for comparison, also about 2 minutes ago

a68876c061979f0efc9e106f6195db53.png

49c04b72bcd492e273f5db1c54594a73.png

its more than a little ironic that you're ranting and raving about reality and yet everything you've posted is based on your feelings

congratz, you played yourself

We failed, as players we couldnt save apb. How everything went so wrong? I said gg ez everyime.

187 players (i counted 183, my bad) in jericho. Please rip dear jericho.

Edited by SillyBear

6 minutes ago, SillyBear said:

We failed, as players we couldnt save apb. How everything went so wrong? I said gg ez everyime.

187 players (i counted 183, my bad) in jericho. Please rip dear jericho.

there's no reason the players should be responsible for the game

the reality is that people don't want to play a game that isnt enjoyable and apb isnt enjoyable in its current state to a lot of (ex)players, no matter how hopeful they may or may not feel about orbit

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this