Acornie

All Points Immersion

Ever since Little Orbit took over and hope was restored that All Points Bulletin was finally going somewhere after years of dormancy there's been debates about what is most important aspect to improve on Apb. There is a plethora of options to go with; weapon balance, aka 'this gun is used too much, pls nerf', gameplay in general questions, aka 'why is this a thing taht was added as a post R195 mod, it's cheap and I hate it, pls delet', missions; 'y'know, it gets kinda boring doing the same 10 less than balanced missions over and over again as I grind these contacts that take a millennia to level up' but this post, is the most important post because it's about what Apb needs the most; immersion.

We cannot sit on benches. How can I immerse myself in a lovely trip to Coffee Crib while obeying all traffic laws when I cannot sit at the tables? Not even benches, this is truely an affront to us players who desire a deeper immersion in this San Paro city. Btw, how are we even talking to contacts to get info on our missions? Is it a PDA? Flip phone, since San Paro is stuck in 2010 afterall of course we'd have the coolest new flip phones, I'd like them to be items in our inventory; that we have to pay ingame monthly service for, it's simply not immersive enough. I would get into the civilian's less than realistic interactions with the world and player but that's a whole post in of it's self. (when being mugged they always say "I should have brought my gun today" but they never do, do they?)

To the biggest and final point I want to make. As everyone is most assuredly aware, because even in the middle of an intense mission, the polite Apb player (as everyone knows, this community is known for it's politeness) will obey traffic laws and stop for a red light. However! There is a major bug that has not been addressed since it's insurgence over a year ago at this point; the traffic lights in Havalynd do not work; we cannot obey the traffic laws! I'm shaking and crying rn

Traffic light placement; it's the biggest failure of the All Points Bulletin Reloaded, when people write reviews about how lackluster All Points Bulletin is they never go into detail because they don't know why it's not appealing as a game and it's the traffic lights, it's always the traffic lights, the placement makes no goshdarn sense! See exwample A:

e30dff4369.png

How will those people see when it turns green? Crick their necks forwards and upwards the entire time waiting for it to go green, or wait for the people who can see to honk at them to go? Trick question; they can't either way because the lights aren't even on!

33ea66ef2a.png

This is what happens.. this is what happens when we don't have working traffic lights in the Financial district of town.

Edited by Acornie
I'm a numpty
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I'm going to start writing tickets for criminals who don't use their blinkers when they turn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Would you really want to sit on a bench and watch cop dressed like a pink bunny? Realoded made this game A vs B and killed all sense of cops vs robbers feeling.

I'd like to see a sit or sit_chair emote.

I'm more worried about civillians walking around and making a living like nothing is happening in a city with ppl shooting all around, cars exploding.

1 minute ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

I'm more worried about civillians walking around and making a living like nothing is happening in a city with ppl shooting all around, cars exploding.

That's actually based on a real life city called Detroit

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Inquitoria said:

That's actually based on a real life city called Detroit

i live close to Detroit, can confirm, it's basically Fallout

• Thanks 1

Also, the models, that obviously are "lazy" looking, should be replaced with something new. and NO MORE SPEEDTREES LIKE OMG HOW LAZY CAN YOU BE, there aren't that many trees in this game, but the ones we do have are ugly. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Acornie said:

We cannot sit on benches.

I want to sit on them too, but I am afraid that if they do that, cars will not be able to smash them...

f4d0a2c8da2eaab51404d4dfe9ea9738.jpg

16 hours ago, Acornie said:

Traffic light placement

Traffic lights in this game are very ill.

th?id=OIP.0YU3vCzlcfBdyf-s0Xjn8QHaI5

You could sit at City of Heroes/Villains too since Issue 8.

On 4/1/2019 at 9:56 PM, TheKeanuReeves said:

And they always ALWAYS have to walk with their dumb heads right into your crosshair when you have that 100% shot on your opp! Or worse, you lean in, aim, ...shoot, ...and your bullet hits a van that suddenly parks right in your LoF while the driver leans over his wheel sheepishly ...and you know you just wanna drag that mofo out on the street and execute him publicly for being such an idiot...

On 4/2/2019 at 7:01 AM, Saxtus said:

I want to sit on them too, but I am afraid that if they do that, cars will not be able to smash them..

I'd imagine this could be avoided by just forcing the player to stand up once the bench breaks.  Sure it may be a little annoying for those trying to sit, but at least you have the ability to do it, and it wouldn't interrupt the flow of the game by turning benches into another Vegas trap like phone kiosks.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

53 minutes ago, Sniperturtle said:

And they always ALWAYS have to walk with their dumb heads right into your crosshair when you have that 100% shot on your opp! Or worse, you lean in, aim, ...shoot, ...and your bullet hits a van that suddenly parks right in your LoF while the driver leans over his wheel sheepishly ...and you know you just wanna drag that mofo out on the street and execute him publicly for being such an idiot...

Or crouch near you and bug you. Classic.