Jump to content
Clandestine

When was the spam to lobby fixed? Oo

Recommended Posts

Spamming in chat no longer results with kick, spamming with /cointoss is not working anymore as well and allows to flood the chat. 

I swear this was the most useful feature that was added in recent years. Fix pls.

  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clandestine tossed a coin and...it’s Tails!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

Clandestine tossed a coin and...it’s Tails!

Tossed 200 times more and still no kick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

Tossed 200 times more and still no kick.

i think they fixed that exploit so people couldn't leave the match that was in progress, what i usually do is go to my adapter settings and disable it, then re-enable it this way it kicks you and doesn't give that loooong logging off movie

they making it so that cheaters have a upper hand over players nowadays

 

1) gm's in district dont care about cheaters in district (i was in silver on the 14th and kept facing botters, kept complaining in district and reporting them, and the Gm that was in game was ignoring the reports

2) now you cant leave a mission that has botters in it by spamming the chat / toincoss command anymore, it just gives you a chat lockout now

3) other players are harrassing you forcing you to play vs botters, i got a demerit so the team leader could kick me but he straight up told me, no if i face the botter, you do too

 

game is loving botters more then ever

Edited by ShaiShai
removed the gm's name as people had issues with this gm too and understood who it was, glad im not the only one complaining about that fake gm (yes fake, he isnt doing his job and is ignoreing reports)
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pretty sure that's still naming and shaming but whatever floats your boat dood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

We found that spamming /cointoss to get kicked was actually negatively affecting the server, so we fixed the exploit.

 

We are now having a discussion about if or when we should allow players to drop from matches.

 

This was supposed to be mentioned as part of the patch notes, but we missed it.

 

I’ll take up the GM issue internally.

 

Thanks,

Matt

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MattScott said:

We are now having a discussion about if or when we should allow players to drop from matches.

dear lord please no

 

no semi-decent players will ever finish a mission again 

  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

 

We found that spamming /cointoss to get kicked was actually negatively affecting the server, so we fixed the exploit.

 

We are now having a discussion about if or when we should allow players to drop from matches.

 

This was supposed to be mentioned as part of the patch notes, but we missed it.

 

I’ll take up the GM issue internally.

 

Thanks,

Matt

Oh well I can always unplug the net cable.

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

 

We found that spamming /cointoss to get kicked was actually negatively affecting the server, so we fixed the exploit.

 

We are now having a discussion about if or when we should allow players to drop from matches.

 

This was supposed to be mentioned as part of the patch notes, but we missed it.

 

I’ll take up the GM issue internally.

 

Thanks,

Matt

Imo its better to let people leave instead of having a teammate trolling, teamkilling a griefing for the rest of a mission

  • Like 4
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eixo said:

Imo its better to let people leave instead of having a teammate trolling, teamkilling a griefing for the rest of a mission

Well it's not dead by daylight. There is backup option just for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we could allow mission dropping at any time, but start penalising players with lowered rewards for constant exiting?
For example 3/5 consecutively left missions would yield him 40%/60% less rewards for X amount of missions (that number being always one digit)
The more games he left, the longer he would have the penalty, but the penalty itself wouldn't increase.

  • Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MattScott said:

We are now having a discussion about if or when we should allow players to drop from matches.

 

18 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

dear lord please no

 

no semi-decent players will ever finish a mission again 

Gonna second this. Especially with the amount of people who constantly accuse legitimate players of hacking this would just punish higher-end players even more with matches ending a lot sooner... Matches that a lot of them probably waited 10+ minutes to get into to begin with. And then the eternally angry fragile-ego'd people will still be eternally angry and the game'll be driving off even more players.

 

I vote n0h. But if we do get a system like this then add something like what World of Warcraft has. If you ditch, you aren't allowed to enter another match for like, a half hour. Hue

Edited by Tizzie
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you cannot let people freely leave matches, they will just spam leave them until they are bronze, and if u make it not affect threat then people will just leave if they are about to lose

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no denying that /cointoss was an exploit, but I wouldn't say it was a 100% negative thing. One of the upsides was letting people leave missions with teammates who have been griefing the team in previous missions.

In my opinion, a good solution would be to allow players to leave missions at a cost. The cost should involve more than lowered mission rewards - it does not punish players who are already R255 and thus have nothing to progress anymore. Perhaps a fixed timeout period from participating in missions altogether or something, going by the logic that if the player is leaving a mission, they have a solid reason which won't let them play anyway.

 

This is mostly an anecdote instead of an actual proposition from me: a Multi Theft Auto server I used to play on had this system where rewards for participating in races were tied to, among other things, the amount of participants. A player who left the race would get a 30 minute timeout from joining new races, and on every consecutive offence the penalty would be doubled (1h on 2nd offence, 2h on 3rd offence, 4h on #4, 8h on #5, and so on...) . It mostly taught people the lesson, but there were still some people who would get several days worth of a racing ban.

Edited by MartinPL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShaiShai said:

3) other players are harrassing you forcing you to play vs botters, i got a demerit so the team leader could kick me but he straight up told me, no if i face the botter, you do too

 

game is loving botters more then ever

why not at least try? seriously, its frustrating to get matched up against a 3 man premade and some dumb fuck on your team just says "well ggs, im not playing this one" and afks/griefs until you kick them. just close your game if you aren't willing to play it.

 

It's really crazy how often people will just hackusate and give up without even attempting to win. 

Edited by claude
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, claude said:

why not at least try? seriously, its frustrating to get matched up against a 3 man premade and some dumb fuck on your team just says "well ggs, im not playing this one" and afks/griefs until you kick them. just close your game if you aren't willing to play it.

so in your words, you rather feed the botter and have him win as there is no point in trying when you know he will get 50 - 5 or some un reaasonably number like that, whats the fun in dieing over and over and over and over again , let me hint it to you, there isnt, so no, im not gonna let some fucking botter win the mission cuz he has a unfair advantage of his bot to let him kill me over and over

  • Dislike 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

dear lord please no

 

no semi-decent players will ever finish a mission again 

 

  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ShaiShai said:

so in your words, you rather feed the botter and have him win as there is no point in trying when you know he will get 50 - 5 or some un reaasonably number like that, whats the fun in dieing over and over and over and over again , let me hint it to you, there isnt, so no, im not gonna let some fucking botter win the mission cuz he has a unfair advantage of his bot to let him kill me over and over

Well if you're willing to dismiss the mission so quickly and give up within seconds of matching up against someone, I doubt you really care about whether the "botter" wins or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, claude said:

Well if you're willing to dismiss the mission so quickly and give up within seconds of matching up against someone, I doubt you really care about whether the "botter" wins or not. 

no the problem is that the pop is so low that when you do go agenst 1 person, the next mission is the same effing botter, then when you know your gonna loose cuz the a-hole is useing a cheat thats the point , not that you want to just leave cuz you didnt try, you try it, go to silver, k up, do the first mission, then k up again, see that you get the same oppents, and now if one of thoes oppents you had was someone that had god like abilitys and killed you about 30 times or more in a row in the last misison, will your motivation be oh look , its the same guy, let me go get killed over and over again, no it will be , ffs, this a-hole again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ShaiShai said:

no the problem is that the pop is so low that when you do go agenst 1 person, the next mission is the same effing botter, then when you know your gonna loose cuz the a-hole is useing a cheat thats the point , not that you want to just leave cuz you didnt try, you try it, go to silver, k up, do the first mission, then k up again, see that you get the same oppents, and now if one of thoes oppents you had was someone that had god like abilitys and killed you about 30 times or more in a row in the last misison, will your motivation be oh look , its the same guy, let me go get killed over and over again, no it will be , ffs, this a-hole again

I don't know how you come up with 30 deaths. it sounds exaggerated, but I don't think I can relate to you at all. Over the past few months I've been actively playing, I only accused maybe 2 or 3 people of cheating, I don't understand how people hackusate so often and just give up when someone minttks them more than a few times. There are really good players in this game, you're sorta fucking yourself by just assuming everyone who dumpsters you is a cheater, because then you're blaming the game and not improving off your possibly flawed playstyle.

 

Hell, it's 100% possible to win against a chunk of cheaters. OCA/ntec bots can easily be countered with JG/CSG. hug corner and pop shot.

Edited by claude
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

 

We found that spamming /cointoss to get kicked was actually negatively affecting the server, so we fixed the exploit.

 

We are now having a discussion about if or when we should allow players to drop from matches.

 

This was supposed to be mentioned as part of the patch notes, but we missed it.

 

I’ll take up the GM issue internally.

 

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks for keeping up and running this game, so happy to know that you actually care of it.

Edited by AlishaAzure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Latsha said:

Maybe we could allow mission dropping at any time, but start penalising players with lowered rewards for constant exiting?
For example 3/5 consecutively left missions would yield him 40%/60% less rewards for X amount of missions (that number being always one digit)
The more games he left, the longer he would have the penalty, but the penalty itself wouldn't increase.

 

30 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

There's no denying that /cointoss was an exploit, but I wouldn't say it was a 100% negative thing. One of the upsides was letting people leave missions with teammates who have been griefing the team in previous missions.

In my opinion, a good solution would be to allow players to leave missions at a cost. The cost should involve more than lowered mission rewards - it does not punish players who are already R255 and thus have nothing to progress anymore. Perhaps a fixed timeout period from participating in missions altogether or something, going by the logic that if the player is leaving a mission, they have a solid reason which won't let them play anyway.

 

This is mostly an anecdote instead of an actual proposition from me: a Multi Theft Auto server I used to play on had this system where rewards for participating in races were tied to, among other things, the amount of participants. A player who left the race would get a 30 minute timeout from joining new races, and on every consecutive offence the penalty would be doubled (1h on 2nd offence, 2h on 3rd offence, 4h on #4, 8h on #5, and so on...) . It mostly taught people the lesson, but there were still some people who would get several days worth of a racing ban.

 

 

As Martin pointed out, lowered rewards honestly does nothing for a huge percentage of the players. We do, however, need a penalty for leaving (whether that be through exiting, disconnecting, or a legitimate means.)

 

I personally suggest that you can't enter a mission until one minute after the mission you left ends, or one minute after the stage would have ended if the mission ends due to leavers. 30 minutes is too long, there simply are some times where the mission will not be fun for you, and let's face it: most of the time that people play a mission they don't want to play they half-patootie it, troll, or do nothing, and in my opinion allowing leaving is preferable to this.

 

How many times have you had a mission where someone on your team decided they weren't going to take the mission seriously because they thought someone was botting, hated one of their teammates, or had an issue with the opp or mission? Wouldn't you rather they could leave and then you could get someone else on your team? Because they're not going to leave if there's a 30 minute cooldown. I'm not going to lie, I leave missions a lot, and guess what? If I couldn't leave the mission I'd probably just barely participate because the reason I wanted to leave is because I don't want to play the mission, and you can't force someone to play a mission well that they don't want to.

 

 

So yeah, please add a legitimate way to leave missions, just give it a proper discouragement mechanic (I.E. not entirely negligible or only punishing newbies, and not making leaving worthless. You should not be penalized for leaving per se, because sometimes leaving a mission is the best thing for everyone, but there should a reason not to do it.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

 

 

 

As Martin pointed out, lowered rewards honestly does nothing for a huge percentage of the players. We do, however, need a penalty for leaving (whether that be through exiting, disconnecting, or a legitimate means.)

 

I personally suggest that you can't enter a mission until one minute after the mission you left ends, or one minute after the stage would have ended if the mission ends due to leavers. 30 minutes is too long, there simply are some times where the mission will not be fun for you, and let's face it: most of the time that people play a mission they don't want to play they half-patootie it, troll, or do nothing, and in my opinion allowing leaving is preferable to this.

 

How many times have you had a mission where someone on your team decided they weren't going to take the mission seriously because they thought someone was botting, hated one of their teammates, or had an issue with the opp or mission? Wouldn't you rather they could leave and then you could get someone else on your team? Because they're not going to leave if there's a 30 minute cooldown. I'm not going to lie, I leave missions a lot, and guess what? If I couldn't leave the mission I'd probably just barely participate because the reason I wanted to leave is because I don't want to play the mission, and you can't force someone to play a mission well that they don't want to.

 

 

So yeah, please add a legitimate way to leave missions, just give it a proper discouragement mechanic (I.E. not entirely negligible or only punishing newbies, and not making leaving worthless. You should not be penalized for leaving per se, because sometimes leaving a mission is the best thing for everyone, but there should a reason not to do it.)

 

I couldn't agree more with this you know. In my opinion this is like when you go to any social event, a bar, nightclub, sports club, the park in your neighborhood, school yard, etc. where you actually choose which people you'd like to relate with and which ones you'd rather avoid. In a game like this, where now some key social features were disabled, you have so few options now to find the right people that it is turning into a complicated experience to enjoy the interactions with other players either in your team or as opposition.

I'm used to games where you can see the list of players in a server, the list of servers and available game modes with their current population, etc. While here a couple of players complained about "being harassed" which leaded us to have the /who command disabled which in my opinion brought more complications than solutions, because if I see a player around and I want to invite him to my group, ask for something, apologize for an accidental grief or even report for intentional bad behaviors, unless I can memorize their name and it is not a complicated nick, which in most of the cases it is, I really need to take a look at the players list to find them.

And specially when the /friendadd function has changed in a way that you only can add other players that are online, now I can't take a look at who is around when I'm rolling in new characters or simply we didn't reciprocally added us to our friends list, making it too complicated to gather again with others. I want to join a district, check who is around and make sure that I can avoid the toxic ones and gather with the nice ones.

So, on topic, besides the need of proper  "social features" that allows everyone to selectively find the right people to group with and play against, feeling forced us to play with people we don't like only makes it worse. I like the random factor of getting matched against any kind of opposition, but once there's an accidental tk and your teammates decide to kill you every single time they find you even through years every day, or when you get bullied and harassed by toxic kids who think they are smart rubbing a victory in your face as only someone emotionally and psychologically broken would do, leading to toxic interactions and "trash talks" that I'd never feel proud of let any of my friends or family read any of these, is something we need to address years ago. And neither the new GMs seems to care about "trash talk" in my personal experience.

What about "negative incomes"? Could that help? Specially against team killing and other demerits such as AFK?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

 

 

 

As Martin pointed out, lowered rewards honestly does nothing for a huge percentage of the players. We do, however, need a penalty for leaving (whether that be through exiting, disconnecting, or a legitimate means.)

 

I personally suggest that you can't enter a mission until one minute after the mission you left ends, or one minute after the stage would have ended if the mission ends due to leavers. 30 minutes is too long, there simply are some times where the mission will not be fun for you, and let's face it: most of the time that people play a mission they don't want to play they half-patootie it, troll, or do nothing, and in my opinion allowing leaving is preferable to this.

 

How many times have you had a mission where someone on your team decided they weren't going to take the mission seriously because they thought someone was botting, hated one of their teammates, or had an issue with the opp or mission? Wouldn't you rather they could leave and then you could get someone else on your team? Because they're not going to leave if there's a 30 minute cooldown. I'm not going to lie, I leave missions a lot, and guess what? If I couldn't leave the mission I'd probably just barely participate because the reason I wanted to leave is because I don't want to play the mission, and you can't force someone to play a mission well that they don't want to.

 

 

So yeah, please add a legitimate way to leave missions, just give it a proper discouragement mechanic (I.E. not entirely negligible or only punishing newbies, and not making leaving worthless. You should not be penalized for leaving per se, because sometimes leaving a mission is the best thing for everyone, but there should a reason not to do it.)

I don't see where was the problem with people just leaving. I see problem with people trolling in lalaland 1000m away for most or entire mission. APB has backup system. It's not mission in the void where you are down by 1 team mate for entire mission.

This just reminds me shotgun/ir3 fiasco that no one asked to touched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

I don't see where was the problem with people just leaving. I see problem with people trolling in lalaland 1000m away for most or entire mission. APB has backup system. It's not mission in the void where you are down by 1 team mate for entire mission.

This just reminds me shotgun/ir3 fiasco that no one asked to touched.

it’s not people on your team leaving, it’s people on the other team leaving

 

imagine waiting 20 minutes for opp and then the entire enemy team quits after your team wins one stage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...