Jump to content
illgot

The Dog-ear is a better Anti-Vehicle weapon than the DMR-AV

Recommended Posts

The dog ear doesn't benefit from the sniper silencer as intended. You can clearly see the muzzle flash every shot.

PaM5rP1.gif

Edited by Yoss
adding video

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Yoss said:

The dog ear doesn't benefit from the sniper silencer as intended. You can clearly see the muzzle flash every shot.
[gif]

You're right.

In general, I've been hoping they'd look over the silencers for all the guns. Some times it's just the sound, other times, it's the muzzle flash, other times it's the recoil. It's like you throw those effects in a bag and shake it around and what comes out is random for every gun. Sort of.

This red comment on the Talon has been on Armas for so long too:

 

If1IX2J.png

 

When is that upcoming patch?

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

When is that upcoming patch?

also the Talon is still 30m range rather than 40m like the other RFP pistols. quite a let down

Edited by SLICKIEM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 6:50 AM, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

easy, buff the dmr av to hit cars harder.

It already disables lower tier mission vehicles in 4 hits at 90M, disables all with a whole mag at slightly further range. How much more damage do you want it to have?

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neither gun needs to be nerfed or buffed. Stop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

Neither gun needs to be nerfed or buffed. Stop. 

 

so for you it seems fair that this gun can :

 

Do more damage than DMR AV over the same period of time

Can do that outside a car window while the DMR Can't

Can do that without affecting you mobillity while the DMR Can't

Can do that while still being able to shred people to pieces while the dmr can but only in very specific conditions.

 

does it REALLY sound right to you that this gun can do something it's not intended for better than a gun that was inteded for the same purpose ?

 

Reduce the hard damage of the gun and give a slight buff to DMR AV and then it will be fair , but now , it's not , absolutely not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aside from players who think database stats are everything, who is even complaining about the I-SSR-B ?

I go days, sometimes weeks, without seeing one in game.

If it is so good, wouldn't it be at least somewhat meta?

L9NIWpx.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Aside from players who think database stats are everything, who is even complaining about the I-SSR-B ?

I go days, sometimes weeks, without seeing one in game.

If it is so good, wouldn't it be at least somewhat meta?

 

 

Dog-ear is not awesome but neither is the DMR.   Just because neither is popular doesn't mean one should be hands down better at everything (Dog-ear) while the other (DMR) is only better from 80-100 meters.

 

If players rendered further than 100 meters and we could hit targets at more than 100 meters the DMR would be fine, but with only a 20 meter window of superiority, the DMR needs a buff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, illgot said:

 

Dog-ear is not awesome but neither is the DMR.   Just because neither is popular doesn't mean one should be hands down better at everything (Dog-ear) while the other (DMR) is only better from 80-100 meters.

 

If players rendered further than 100 meters and we could hit targets at more than 100 meters the DMR would be fine, but with only a 20 meter window of superiority, the DMR needs a buff.

Its not just a 20m window of superiority.

One requires 4 peaks to kill at best, and what, 7 peaks to kill at worst?

The other 2 and 3 respectively.

 

Its not just about the stats, its also about how the game is actually played.

 

Both guns are fine. Stop the insanity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Its not just a 20m window of superiority.

One requires 4 peaks to kill at best, and what, 7 peaks to kill at worst?

The other 2 and 3 respectively.

 

Its not just about the stats, its also about how the game is actually played.

 

Both guns are fine. Stop the insanity.

 

I own both weapons (actually the Dog-ear, DMR-SD R&D III and Agrotech DMR-AV PR2) and find the DMR too limiting with the 80-100 meter advantage.  It is too easy for opponents to move outside of the 20 meter DMR advantage and with the lack of mobility using the DMR series it is too hard to react quickly.  The DMR is basically useless against most vehicles because you'll never keep a vehicle with in the 20 meters long enough to disable it unless you are chasing someone while using car surfer and the opponents are not shooting back during the chase.

 

In a vehicle chase the Dog-ear is much more useful since you can hang outside of a window for cover.

 

The only time I ever find the DMR useful is when guarding an objective at nearly 100 meters with my vehicle close to use for cover or retreat if the enemy comes at me.  Even then the HVR is more useful if you have a team mate since you can tag the opponents once and let your team mate shoot them once to kill them.


The Dog-ear does a little too much damage (maybe shave off 10%) but is fine otherwise considering it's mobility.  It fills a niche the HVR nor Scout can fill.

 

This post wasn't about nerfing the Dog-ear but trying to get the DMR series buffed.

Edited by illgot
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, illgot said:

 

I own both weapons (actually the Dog-ear, DMR-SD R&D III and Agrotech DMR-AV PR2) and find the DMR too limiting with the 80-100 meter advantage.  It is too easy for opponents to move outside of the 20 meter DMR advantage and with the lack of mobility using the DMR series it is too hard to react quickly.  The DMR is basically useless against most vehicles because you'll never keep a vehicle with in the 20 meters long enough to disable it unless you are chasing someone while using car surfer and the opponents are not shooting back during the chase.

 

In a vehicle chase the Dog-ear is much more useful since you can hang outside of a window for cover.

 

The only time I ever find the DMR useful is when guarding an objective at nearly 100 meters with my vehicle close to use for cover or retreat if the enemy comes at me.  Even then the HVR is more useful if you have a team mate since you can tag the opponents once and let your team mate shoot them once to kill them.


The Dog-ear does a little too much damage (maybe shave off 10%) but is fine otherwise considering it's mobility.  It fills a niche the HVR nor Scout can fill.

 

This post wasn't about nerfing the Dog-ear but trying to get the DMR series buffed.

Not going to lie, that sounds like a "you" problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Not going to lie, that sounds like a "you" problem.

It maybe a "me" problem because I own the Alig, Volcano, HVR, Scout and various other weapons as permanents.   I have the option to always swap weapons to something which is far superior to the DMR if I want hard damage or soft damage.

 

But when it comes to the Dog-ear or the DMR, the Dog-ear is hands down more useful as the 20 meter window for the DMR is too easy for an opponent to move out of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, illgot said:

It maybe a "me" problem because I own the Alig, Volcano, HVR, Scout and various other weapons as permanents.   I have the option to always swap weapons to something which is far superior to the DMR if I want hard damage or soft damage.

 

But when it comes to the Dog-ear or the DMR, the Dog-ear is hands down more useful as the 20 meter window for the DMR is too easy for an opponent to move out of.

4-7 peaks to kill

2-3 peaks to kill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

4-7 peaks to kill

2-3 peaks to kill

And if you miss a single shot with the DMR?

 

you also need a clear shot between 80-100 meters for the DMR.

 

The DMR is only better than the dog ear for 20% of it's range capacity and only if you have a clear shot for that 20% and only if you don't miss any shots.

 

The Dog-ear is more forgiving and more useful for 83% of it's range capacity.

 

The DMR needs near perfect conditions to be superior for only 20% of it range capacity.

Edited by illgot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, illgot said:

And if you miss a single shot with the DMR?

 

you also need a clear shot between 80-100 meters for the DMR.

 

The DMR is only better than the dog ear for 20% of it's range capacity and only if you have a clear shot for that 20% and only if you don't miss any shots.

 

The Dog-ear is more forgiving and more useful for 83% of it's range capacity.

 

The DMR needs near perfect conditions to be superior for only 20% of it range capacity.

So much for an honest discussion. 

Carry on I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Its not just a 20m window of superiority.

One requires 4 peaks to kill at best, and what, 7 peaks to kill at worst?

The other 2 and 3 respectively.

 

Its not just about the stats, its also about how the game is actually played.

 

Both guns are fine. Stop the insanity.

due to the odd bloom pattern you can often burst two quick shots with near-perfect accuracy for every issrb peak

 

not to mention you move faster with the issrb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Ketog said:

 

so for you it seems fair that this gun can :

 

Do more damage than DMR AV over the same period of time

Can do that outside a car window while the DMR Can't

Can do that without affecting you mobillity while the DMR Can't

Can do that while still being able to shred people to pieces while the dmr can but only in very specific conditions.

 

does it REALLY sound right to you that this gun can do something it's not intended for better than a gun that was inteded for the same purpose ?

 

Reduce the hard damage of the gun and give a slight buff to DMR AV and then it will be fair , but now , it's not , absolutely not.

 

The Dog ear blooms. It isn't like you can straight spam it against a car driving away, it will bloom and you will miss. I've found the DMR to be more dependable against a car driving away.

 

Get car surfer if you want to use the DMR while driving.

 

So are you going to nerf the scout hvr because it has more mobility than the HVR? The Dog Ear is the scout DMR.

 

I don't really understand your last statement....have fun shredding DMR users with your dog ear at 85+ meters. You'll lose.

 

Why exactly is the Dog Ear not intended to have hard damage? I agree overall that the Dog Ear is a better overall gun if you want to be able to blow up cars and kill people, but there are so many counters to the dog ear.

 

Nah, let's not buff and nerf weapons. The DMR-AV has always been a niche weapon and it should stay that way. 

 

 

Why not just nerf everything and force everyone to use the STAR? 

Edited by LaQuandra
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

reminder that the issr-b, much like the manic and the old troublemaker, is paywalled

Which is why you don't see as many as you would otherwise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nitronik said:

reminder that the issr-b, much like the manic and the old troublemaker, is paywalled

Which is why you don't see as many as you would otherwise

Joker store aside, why do I see so many other ARMAS weapons? 

Edited by CookiePuss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nitronik said:

much like the manic

the manic is in a $50 USD pack, the issr-b is not

 

the troublemaker was immensely popular even tho it was armas only (and a preset as well lmao)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And then we have LMGs with bad accuracy because; "it's because they're meant to be used on cars, not players."
But there are snipers with perfect accuracy and good hard damage. gg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This weapon is so overrated in my opinion... I suppose the only ones tell it's a good weapon are those are playing in american servers against people with 200ms+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

This weapon is so overrated in my opinion... I suppose the only ones tell it's a good weapon are those are playing in american servers against people with 200ms+

lol... savage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2019 at 11:14 PM, illgot said:

The Dog-ear does 170 72.9 hard damage/shot @ 1 shot per 0.3 seconds.  

 

The DMR-AV, a weapon supposedly specialized for anti-vehicle, does 180 hard damage/shot @ 1 shot per 0.8 seconds.

 

That would be fine if the DMR-AV were more mobile but it's not, the Dog-ear is a much more mobile weapon.

 

The only up side to the DMR-AV is if you get above 80 meters, the DMR does more damage but I'm not sure that 20 meter difference can make up for the lack of mobility and nearly 1/3rd similar damage in the 1-80 meter range.

 

edit: used stamina as pointed out by @-Rachel-

Dog Ear / Wisp is one of the most OP broken patootie ez mode weapons that classify as P2W. The only people who disagree are the ones who rely on its broken everything for kills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×