Spy

Armas gifting

Has the Armas gifting tickbox been removed? I'd love to know the reason behind this.

It's currently broken, Lixil said something about it but I CBA to find the quote ATM.

I think they're working on fixing it ASAP, but I can't remember what she said exactly.

*EDIT* We don't know why, but it's at least temporarily removed.

Edited by Kewlin

Don't worry. No one would have gifted you anything anyway.

afaik she didnt give a reason

7 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

~snip~

Oh, weird.

I gifted something on ARMAS literally right before it went away, did I break something lads. 1WEAj8X.png

Just now, Similarities said:

I gifted something on ARMAS literally right before it went away, did I break something lads. 1WEAj8X.png

thats a ban

Very disappointing. Among my buddies, we bought gifts all the time. Just yesterday i bought a 400 G1C MB as a little birthday present and got one mate Premium to get him started and stick around. We always help out those who cant afford stuff. Its part of the fun and not a small one. You´ll loose money here LO thats for sure.

Dear LO, your words make us dream about a bright future for our beloved APB. Your first deed is a sucker punch :classic_sad:

• Like 2

Can we keep gifting a thing but the person gifting has to meet a threshold or have some verification their account is their main one and the person is dedicated to using it and has no intention of using it to scam others/ a burn account.

There might have been an exploit so you can just keep sending like lets say joker boxes over and over without paying any money. That's my only guess on why they disabled it temporarily. If you really want to gift someone an item just gift them a steam card via steam and have them buy their own G1C. That or they did this because people are trading legendaries for G1C.

Edited by Senpai
mistype

If you want to send actual gifts, you can send your friend a visa/master card gift card, till then, cry about it.

Edit: There are also steam gift cards now.

Edited by Puffdragon

Giftet items to my other Charakter yesterday and now its gone 😢

1 minute ago, Puffdragon said:

If you want to send actual gifts, you can send your friend a visa/master card gift card, till then, cry about it.

Edit: There are also steam gift cards now.

I'm not sure if there's others who think the same way but if it's for community events, I'd prefer gifting because personally I don't support giving prizes or gifts not related to the game. If I gift them G1C, I know they'll have no choice to use it but if they have any currency that isn't G1C, they more than likely are a higher chance to spend it on something not APB related.

1 minute ago, MurkTheMerc said:

I'm not sure if there's others who think the same way but if it's for community events, I'd prefer gifting because personally I don't support giving prizes or gifts not related to the game. If I gift them G1C, I know they'll have no choice to use it but if they have any currency that isn't G1C, they more than likely are a higher chance to spend it on something not APB related.

Woah dude, check out this crystal ball I found, there is something INSIDE it. It looks like a word, yea.... I can almost see it..... There it is.

Fraud, credit card fraud. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out, luckily you have a magical dragon.

1 minute ago, Puffdragon said:

Woah dude, check out this crystal ball I found, there is something INSIDE it. It looks like a word, yea.... I can almost see it..... There it is.

Fraud, credit card fraud. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out, luckily you have a magical dragon.

I wasn't knocking you for what you said, no need to be rude.

I'd love to see they add some system as suggested in my first post.

2 minutes ago, MurkTheMerc said:

I wasn't knocking you for what you said, no need to be rude.

I'd love to see they add some system as suggested in my first post.

It's been talked about in the past, there's probably several people doing it, and it's probably what killed g1. I'd like to see it stop.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

It's been talked about in the past, there's probably several people doing it, and it's probably what killed g1. I'd like to see it stop.

Yeah, I feel it really hurts the game. Puts a bad taste in my mouth when I see a Twitch stream APB with the title "XXX FOLLOWERS FOR 'flavor of the month game'!" And it's coming from a person that consistently plays APB or it's in their main rotation of games. Better yet a community event where they're just handing out cheap steam games on a holiday, I treat that as enabling a distraction from the game you're using to promote yourself instead of the game itself.

Edited by MurkTheMerc

4 hours ago, MurkTheMerc said:

Yeah, I feel it really hurts the game. Puts a bad taste in my mouth when I see a Twitch stream APB with the title "XXX FOLLOWERS FOR 'flavor of the month game'!" And it's coming from a person that consistently plays APB or it's in their main rotation of games. Better yet a community event where they're just handing out cheap steam games on a holiday, I treat that as enabling a distraction from the game you're using to promote yourself instead of the game itself.

I don't know what you are referring to, and I think you are wrong. I think clans and clicks may seem insular but that is indeed what builds a community. I was referring to people who may have had a grudge against g1 that it's probably time to stop now.

I am sensing some passive aggressiveness. But I am used to it, I have heard almost every vile word in the book since I got back. But that's a good thing, probably means I am a good person if I am hated by this community.

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Me: Hey LO, please take my money.

LO: No.

I'm sure it's just temporary, the cash point is friggin cancer, the stupid thing accepts subway coupons, they are probably just fixing it.

There is a consequence for every action. To be honest, this is nothing right now. I know I'm not one to talk since I've only used the gifting function twice, but we can get through this.

It's just a little pothole in the road to success (here's hoping and wishing).

Edited by BartMcRoy
grammar

1 hour ago, Puffdragon said:

I don't know what you are referring to, and I think you are wrong. I think clans and clicks may seem insular but that is indeed what builds a community. I was referring to people who may have had a grudge against g1 that it's probably time to stop now.

I am sensing some passive aggressiveness. But I am used to it, I have heard almost every vile word in the book since I got back. But that's a good thing, probably means I am a good person if I am hated by this community.

I think you're just misunderstanding my post, I was agreeing with you. Im sure you're just used to this community being negative at most turns.

I'm about building the APB community, not something outside of it. I'm about supporting the game itself, G1 in the light of it is only the developer as it was before. As long at it's doing something directly for the game, it's the right choice.

Still... was kind of hoping we were done with asking about changes after we notice them, rather than being notified before it happens. 

We need more "this what we gonna do n why"

and less "What? No more gifting? Lemme ask... Oh they guys tell me they removed it LUL"

Edited by CookiePuss