Akito

OSCAR DREAM

So ever since I came to the hard realization that Im literally trash with the Oscar since Ive never really been good with rifles. However, Ive been learning how to use rifles more efficiently (keeping a good rhythm to keep consistency when firing each shot) along with overall just trying out more of the rifle weapon category). I can definitely see the appeal of OSCAR due to its superior DMG aside from it being like 2 carbines fused together

personally I still prefer the normal carbine since it feels more reliable (even though it gets no love when it comes to effective range)

Anyways I was recording my progress after practicing the timing of each shot and just overall testing how my accuracy puts up with the rhythm I have going on. (Took about a day to get my aim to something I feel was the bare minimum). 

-After practicing for sometime this is my progress. How bout you guys? Even if you main the OSCAR or you're godly with it. Maybe you might even be below average like me. How did you get used to or come to like carbines and rifles? or if not... what do you hate about it? 😛

Point is..... Git Gud Silver Crybabies 😛

*btw I forgot I was recording my system audio rather than my actual game audio, so my clicking and clacking around is just me not knowing what Im doing with my hands*

PS - Im also practicing on carbine, gotta say. I love it more than the oscar.... idk why

Edited by Akito
wan sum icecrem?

FC Baylan Shipping and practice.

I like the carbine myself but the server performance really hinders my ability to frag anything with it.

• Like 1

Spasm guns to run and gun and smash lmb? Who wouldn't like those :classic_ninja:

• Like 1

I personally love the Carbine, though atm I'm stuck in WF and can't really use it all that often. You have to be really careful with it, if you click too quickly you'll end up not shooting once and that is basically a death sentence. If you get it right it's a very serious CQC gun.

Theres nothing much to learn about the OSCAR.

You just hipfire and spam LMB towards the general direction of your enemy.

All you have to learn is to get the correct clicking rythm so you reach the min TTK. Clicking too fast makes guns slower.

remember shooting to a car or a non player thing is very different on what happens on the field, but yeah practice makes perfection.

I do love the OSCAR but i prefer the Carbine. Still i do own only the first one because i don't know why i've accidentally deleted the second one.

Clicking to fast would result in a slower gun like all others said above my comment, you just need more practice to get the correct clicking period.

I didn't learned yet but i have so much time to spend in so i will do that once pe day maybe, or per week, depends.

Carbine kills faster 0.75 vs 0.83
Carbine takes 6 shots to kill vs 7
Carbine has more sustained damage (rapid semi vs burst) meaning if you are close to tapping them once more for the win, you will do it faster with the carbine.

OSCAR has better ranged damage, but its querk is hipfire ability, and you're not using it there.

Joker RFP is a pocket oscar that takes better advantage of peak-bursting with more dmg/burst (something you don't even use on OSCAR, normally), and has better accuracy.

OSCAR has been lowered slowly out of meta since sprint-shooting was removed. Use carbine.

Edited by G4B3

oscar for the big owners with really good aim

carbine for the big owners

idk how anyone has problems clicking since it’s just muscle memory, if you’re clicking too fast force yourself to slow way down and lose a lot of fights then gradually speed up from there

6 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

You're clicking too fast for starters.

^

14 hours ago, Rade said:

FC Baylan Shipping and practice.

I like the carbine myself but the server performance really hinders my ability to frag anything with it.

warping mid cycle is bound to ruin the rhythm anyone has, its to be expected I guess

8 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

oscar for the big owners with really good aim

carbine for the big owners

idk how anyone has problems clicking since it’s just muscle memory, if you’re clicking too fast force yourself to slow way down and lose a lot of fights then gradually speed up from there

Im using a 50g acceleration mouse (so the delay is 50ms

Im not used to the timing since I used to use a 20g acceleration for the longest time. The benefit I see mostly is just better timing opportunities but I'd take accuracy and consistency over bloom filled firing rate and a hectic aim... the muscle memory for the timing is being built up slowly replacing my old rhythm which I had to click faster to hit those windowed ms shots.

Im clicking too fast because I came out using carbines, but with the oscar I now know that timing and aim is essential

5 hours ago, Akito said:

[...]

Im using a 50g acceleration mouse (so the delay is 50ms

Im not used to the timing since I used to use a 20g acceleration for the longest time. The benefit I see mostly is just better timing opportunities but I'd take accuracy and consistency over bloom filled firing rate and a hectic aim... the muscle memory for the timing is being built up slowly replacing my old rhythm which I had to click faster to hit those windowed ms shots.

Im clicking too fast because I came out using carbines, but with the oscar I now know that timing and aim is essential

Please, do some research before you try to talk technical.

Why do you think the unit g is there and not ms (50ms acceleration mouse)? Because as the name suggests it's a measurement for acceleration and not time.

Not sure what delay you're talking about. Are you suggesting there is a delay between clicking and actual action of 50ms?

50g is the mark where you sensor stops working properly.

4 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Please, do some research before you try to talk technical.

Why do you think the unit g is there and not ms (50ms acceleration mouse)? Because as the name suggests it's a measurement for acceleration and not time.

Not sure what delay you're talking about. Are you suggesting there is a delay between clicking and actual action of 50ms?

50g is the mark where you sensor stops working properly.

well you learn something new everyday, always thought 50g means 50ms delay.

just click once per shot. you don't want any click overlap for all shots, this basically applies to all semi weapons. whip out a metronome and click to it if you need to

also beware if you fire it TOO perfectly you will get ghost bursts that don't actually consume ammo/do damage (most likely ping related). incredibly infuriating with the oscar, doesn't happen as much with the sr15.

i like the oscar mostly because of the ammo reserves being pretty sweet for a carbine

Edited by SLICKIEM

It actually physically hurts my soul to hear you click 3x more than you need to.

To start with you would probably be far better if you clicked once per shot.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog