Sign in to follow this  
GeeChan

Change medals names

So i was watching kempingtons steam today and noticed that ever time he got a medal it didnt display the Original names it had like the kill streak medels Blizkrieg pineapple farmer and such was wondering if anyone knows how did he do this and if this is bannable or not cause im 100% sure this is only client side and no one else can see it. but still fun to do. https://imgur.com/a/oabD7IH

If he hasn't been banned yet, then its probably not against the rules.

I know a lot of people who have some edits to their config files to where every mission description is changed from the original to 'ENDS IN: DEATHMATCH, ITEM HOLD, etc etc'

could be a language file edit which i believe mattscott recently said was ok, if not officially supported 

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

could be a language file edit which i believe mattscott recently said was ok, if not officially supported 

wouldn't an official saying 'ok' mean it's officially ok'd?

It's not bannable and it's very easy to change.

Go to your APB Reloaded folder (For me its: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Localization\INT)

Open up "HUDCombatMessages.INT" with notepad.

Find "HUDCombatMessages_Score_Combat_KillEnemy_Line2=Enemy Killed" (should be on line 10)

Replace "Enemy Killed" with whatever you want.

*boop*

You're done!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Swibby said:

It's not bannable and it's very easy to change.

Go to your APB Reloaded folder (For me its: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Localization\INT)

Open up "HUDCombatMessages.INT" with notepad.

Find "HUDCombatMessages_Score_Combat_KillEnemy_Line2=Enemy Killed" (should be on line 10)

Replace "Enemy Killed" with whatever you want.

*boop*

You're done!

Thank you :^

banning for text edits lul

if they wanted to ban for edits they would lock the files down or something ?_?

1 hour ago, Aeronaut said:

wouldn't an official saying 'ok' mean it's officially ok'd?

officially ok’d is different from officially supported, like the above post isn’t showing players how to do it

4 hours ago, ShadowXS said:

unknown.png

I'd really want Matt to confirm this publicly.. anyone can edit HTML.

33 minutes ago, Speedz said:

I'd really want Matt to confirm this publicly.. anyone can edit HTML.

i also remember seeing this post live, can’t seem to find it now tho (deleted?)

I think that any ban over config/file edits right now would be nothing but silly. Leave things be and accept that G1 tried to stop this but couldn't do it since people found new ways to achieve the same thing. Encrypt the files in the 3.5 update and be done with it, don't ban a big part of your player base over nothing.

• Like 1

Editing text files is not bannable as of now, but they will disallow us from doing this once the engine upgrade hits.

37 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Editing text files is not bannable as of now, but they will disallow us from doing this once the engine upgrade hits.

Still won't stop people.

6 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Still won't stop people.

If done right, it will.

There's file encryption, hard-coded things, preventing users from logging in with non-original files, the possibilities are there.

1 minute ago, GhosT said:

If done right, it will.

There's file encryption, hard-coded things, preventing users from logging in with non-original files, the possibilities are there.

Sure, it mayminimise it but we both know how autistic the APB community is so they will pry at any and everything.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Sure, it mayminimise it but we both know how autistic the APB community is so they will pry at any and everything.

Well, one or two people managed to decrypt things like audio files, add custom weapon and vehicle sounds, and encrypt them again.

So it probably won't be impossible, but it sure as hell minimizes the chance of it happening.

Right now you literally just open a file with notepad and edit things to your liking.

Edited by GhosT
typö
  • Like 1

Checking up on this, just to be certain.

Edited by Flight

Sign in to follow this