APB:R Complete Reconstruction or Restoration?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather like to see APB:R completely ended and rebuilt from ground up? Or would you still like to see the game worked on?

• APB:R 2.0 (Completely build a whole new game replicating APB)
    • APB:R 1.0 (Continue the path we are on, being ever-hopeful for the better)

Listen! This isn't a suggestion. This is just a poll. If you are a programmer, game designer, someone who has insight in game development please weigh in and give your professional opinion on which of these options are better. As a casual or competitive player, please weigh in on what you'd like to see and rather wait or have the patience for ...

Completely wipe all of APB:R and rebuild (specifically) APB:R? or Continue on our current path for hoping Little Orbits careful restoration of our favorite game.
Regardless, I am sure all wanna keep the art style/San Paro plot that we have now, right?

Let's be civil about this, chaps. What would you like to see?
Heck, maybe LO might be miraculously doing this behind the scenes, keeping us only occupied with careful additions/changes to the current game.

Or maybe, since LO is just a LLC, this has been a 4-5 year plot by tiggs. Giving new hope to just continue the struggle.

PHRESH
VibrantSereneGreendarnerdragonfly-small. 04q3STP.gif

1 minute ago, Defibyoulater said:

Heck, maybe LO might be miraculously doing this behind the scenes, keeping us only occupied with careful additions/changes to the current game.

Or maybe, since LO is just a LLC, this has been a 4-5 year plot by tiggs. Giving new hope to just continue the struggle.

1QoiD9f.gif
  • Thanks 1

If you ask for a professional opinion it's not about what is better but what is even viable at all!
Pretty useless poll but I guess if you want to dream...

im just a casual but here’s my two cents

a complete redo of the game just isn’t feasible, if apb shuts down it will likely stay shut down

while the numbers are inflated by poor management and development issues, original apb had hundreds of devs and tens of millions of dollars funneled into it over the course of 4 or 5 years - little orbit obviously believes they can keep development going and eventually at some point in the future rewrite the existing game to unreal 4, but there’s no way they have the funds to build an entirely new game from the ground up

Hi, software developer here.

They already said they're doing both options. Reading comprehension is hard.

IMO the current entry in the IP, the game we all have today, can't last much longer, engine upgrade or not. Its design mantra is well solidified and making major changes to that can only go so far before you get a "Ship of Theseus", effectively.

A fresh new IP entry would be a better use of that Unreal 4 project - they can define a new design document that does better at mixing in successful current day design with the existing APB concept and identity.

UE4 upgrade would be kinda like building whole new game, cuz they actualy have to go from scratch, only with migrated 3d assets, and animations. And I think they said they are working on it.
Anyway, I would love to see some game innovation. 8yo game needs it to stay alive. I want this game ready to be competetive just like CS, and watch APB world championships, becouse this game has what it takes to be BIG. And this is also the only way I see this game not to be black hole on money (for owners), bcs I doub that APB is profitable in any way. Thats why G1 was so desperate with new armas shop content, and then failed.
Fresh new animations, frustration free quality of life changes, new car destruction system, rebalanced weapons with a new approach. Also I would love to see daily events like total war between crimes and enfos with objectives that starts at certain time every day and takes 30-60m.
Edited by AxeTurboAgresor
  • Like 1

Entire new gta type of game must be build.APB don't have the potential 4 somethin big anymore.Is somethin between lobby based shooter and open world which is joke.The idea for makin this game was good but final product is garbage.If is about gta type of 3rd person shooter everyone wants to play big open world and not this

Oh yeah.
If APB failed. Let's create APB:R
If APB:R failed. Let's create APB:R:R
If APB:R:R failed (and it will instantly, believe me). ...then?

Almost like with communism - if it didn't work it ain't communism.
Honestly APB:R is final straw for APB in my opinion.
Also recreating game from scratch isn't work for months. It took 4 years to build APB and it took budget of MILLIONS dollars and support of big game developer (EA).
Meanwhile LO is small company which probably aquired rights to G1 for pennies (taking in what situation they were), with small crew and defintely VERY limited budget.
Are you even sane?

Edited by Mitne

Just now, Mitne said:

snippa
Are you even sane?

So you try to implement that people here are sane? -.-
Look how they post same things over like 7 years... it's definetly mental issue

Assuming the obvious conditionals are set (funding, resources, dev teams, time, etc), so that either option would be assured success... it'd be better if they just rebuilt the game from the ground up. The upgrade to UE3.5 is going to be nice, and the port to UE4 will be even better... but the game is just broken on the core level and that's going to forever hinder its true potential.

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Assuming the obvious conditionals are set (funding, resources, dev teams, time, etc), so that either option would be assured success... it'd be better if they just rebuilt the game from the ground up. The upgrade to UE3.5 is going to be nice, and the port to UE4 will be even better... but the game is just broken on the core level and that's going to forever hinder its true potential.

You think upgrade to UE 3.5 isn't already that? They need to rebuild game there... and then further to UE 4.