Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The new website looks good, but the amount of better business bureu reports, bad reviews, and customer service snaffus will not attract new players. I suggest you come up with a new name for your distro department or just make everything little orbit. Not a good marketing move imo.

Also get some steam cards on the go.

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if they haven’t changed the name of the distribution platform yet, i doubt they’re going to now 

if anything they might change it with the engine upgrade, to really hammer home the “new game” pr 

 

Edited by BXNNXD
added stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BXNNXD said:

if they haven’t changed the name of the distribution platform yet, i doubt they’re going to now 

if anything they might change it with the engine upgrade, to really hammer home the “new game” pr 

 

The name is basically cursed now due to almost a decade of complaints. Just saying.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Since http://apb.com already redirects to the Gamersfirst site anyway, ideally I'd like that to become the default - http://forums.apb.com would be nice. But Then there's Fallen Earth and Descent to think about so that's unlikely to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kiida said:
Since http://apb.com already redirects to the Gamersfirst site anyway, ideally I'd like that to become the default - http://forums.apb.com would be nice. But Then there's Fallen Earth and Descent to think about so that's unlikely to happen.
Well, buying up affiliated domains is a good move, and a redirect is only one line of code on the index page, so it would probably only take them 10 minutes of work. I just think gamersfirst needs to be put to rest.

When people see that company name, they think K2 Network, and all of its little associated umbrella companies. It really, really shot itself in the foot over the years. In-fact when little orbit took over I just expected it to be another shell/umbrella company. Glad I was wrong. Edited by Puffdragon
fixed some punctuation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:
Well, buying up affiliated domains is a good move, and a redirect is only one line of code on the index page, so it would probably only take them 10 minutes of work. I just think gamersfirst needs to be put to rest.

When people see that company name, they think K2 Network, and all of it's little associated umbrella companies. It really, really shot itself in the foot over the years. In-fact when little orbit took over I just expected it to be another shell/umbrella company. Glad I was wrong.
fallenearth.com and descentgame.com already redirect too so /shrug
But it'd be more hassle for LO to do all that and completely separate the forums for each game. Unless there was another way to go about it, I dunno. Ideal, but hassle.
But I agree, G1 as a name should've been buried long ago. Edited by Kiida
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kiida said:
fallenearth.com and descentgame.com already redirect too so /shrug
But it'd be more hassle for LO to do all that and completely separate the forums for each game. Unless there was another way to go about it, I dunno. Ideal, but hassle.
Just copy and paste the website to a new domain, and make gamersfirst.com redirect to it. Then drop the domain after a couple years. The fact that all these companies coincidentally come from Irvine california and are related to a less than ethical korean based company is very... interesting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

The new website looks good, but the amount of better business bureu reports, bad reviews, and customer service snaffus will not attract new players. I suggest you come up with a new name for your distro department or just make everything little orbit. Not a good marketing move imo.

Also get some steam cards on the go.

Actually that's brilliant, Steam card fetishists would come. Edited by EMilika
psssss including myself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EMilika said:
Actually that's brilliant, Steam card fetishists would come.
The problem is they want to stick with their own distro platform (I think). Going against steam is like trying to swim up river. Also enabling trading cards takes about 5 minutes in photoshop and 2 lines of code. The steam achievements are more complicated, so it won't detract from work already being done.
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:
8 minutes ago, EMilika said:
Actually that's brilliant, Steam card fetishists would come.
The problem is they want to stick with their own distro platform (I think). Going against steam is like trying to swim up river. Also enabling trading cards takes about 5 minutes in photoshop and 2 lines of code. The steam achievements are more complicated, so it won't detract from work already being done.
True, people like you are a rare type.
i, myself with lower graph, Enjoy reading you , i wish other people could think above them self. aka my "trash weapon why nerft or similar trash posts,not to mention trolls"

And i think,trully believe that if LittleOrbit should pay to steam that would announce theyre Update via "marketing" >  see bellow
Aka exiting and opening steam then you have > new window "showing new game or old games updates and or pressing in app FEATURED" ect would benefit more to this game. Edited by EMilika
sry for english :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EMilika said:
True, people like you are a rare type.
i, myself with lower graph, Enjoy reading you , i wish other people could think above them self. aka my "trash weapon why nerft or similar trash posts,not to mention trolls"

And i think,trully believe that if LittleOrbit should pay to steam that would announce theyre Update via "marketing" >  see bellow
Aka exiting and opening steam then you have > new window "showing new game or old games updates and or pressing in app FEATURED" ect would benefit more to this game.
You don't actually have to pay steam anything for trading cards. You are basically printing money out of thin air, all they ask is to have a percentage of your trading card profits. A quick google will give you the code needed to enable trading cards, as well, announcing updates on steam is free. I'm glad you see that taking advantage of steams devs tools would advance the marketting quite a bit.

Edit: I have no actual clue how the trading cards work these days since the steam greenlight section was revamped. But I'm sure it's the same. You basically insert a code with a timer that dispences trading cards, it's super easy. Edited by Puffdragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:
 

Just now, Puffdragon said:
 
 
11 minutes ago, EMilika said:
 

4 minutes ago, EMilika said:
 
 

burp

You don't actually have to pay steam anything for trading cards. You are basically printing money out of thin air, all they ask is to have a percentage of your trading card profits. A quick google will give you the code needed to enable trading cards, as well, announcing updates on steam is free. I'm glad you see that taking advantage of steams devs tools would advance the marketting quite a bit.

Because it is a free tool, all you need is time and effort i know. Equals money and time.but still in long run is a win.
We know that real time "rendering aka time and money" = More news = More percentages of win = More people and income ! Edited by EMilika
As a worker in seling and geting new people to a company or specific market. aka Manager, i know adding new people to excisting will only help, because older people will leave eventually. and again sorry for my bad english.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, EMilika said:

Because it is a free tool, all you need is time and effort i know. Equals money and time.but still in long run is a win.
We know that real time "rendering aka time and money" = More news = More percentages of win = More people and income !
Your english is fine, more importantly you are exactly right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not going to happen. MattScott has specifically clarified that they won't be dropping the Gamersfirst branding.

Absolutely insane decision, and ultimately dooms the future potential of the game, but it is what it is.
 

Edited by Hexerin
  • Dislike 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, sounds as premium as fisher-price, and also it has stigma attached. 

Little orbit should be plastered all over it to show this is their baby not some cheap plastic service of a name.

unless they plan to sell it on again if it starts sinking them, ofcourse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree and I also think it would be better to see this game being marketed as "All Points Bulletin" again on Steam and everywhere else. Get rid of the "Reloaded" part and write out the full name of the game.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Flaws said:

I also think it would be better to see this game being marketed as "All Points Bulletin" again on Steam and everywhere else. Get rid of the "Reloaded" part and write out the full name of the game.

That's actually a pretty good idea.
 
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Flaws said:

I agree and I also think it would be better to see this game being marketed as "All Points Bulletin" again on Steam and everywhere else. Get rid of the "Reloaded" part and write out the full name of the game.

Love this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AlexandraTromp said:

I would suggest to change from Gamersfirst to GamersOrbit have the best from both worlds. 😛 

Little Gamer's First Orbit*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Flaws said:

I agree and I also think it would be better to see this game being marketed as "All Points Bulletin" again on Steam and everywhere else. Get rid of the "Reloaded" part and write out the full name of the game.

Good call honestly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LordVegeta said:

Oh look another meaningless complain thread.

I would call it a friendly suggestion with reasons stated so Little Orbit can make up their own mind.

The alternative is to have noone care at all.
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little Orbit could possibly pull back some players if they decide to scrap GamersFirst everywhere and use their name instead.

GamersFirst has a VERY bad reputation, and seeing it gone might get older players back into apb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...