Darkzero3802

Will LO Make JMBs Fairer For The Players?

Hey @MattScott @Lixil this has been a sticking point for yrs with Armas and JMBs. The pitifully low rates on winning from JMB boxes and the fact you can spend several hundred $$ without a single legendary weapon dropping. G1 made the rates so poor its gambling for a legendary. You guys said you would be revamping Armas will this include JMBs so that way you dont need to break the bank in order to get a legendary? There should be something where if you spend over $50 you should either have a double win rate of a legend or a guaranteed drop. This seems fair and would no longer make the boxes gambling.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Hey @MattScott @Lixil this has been a sticking point for yrs with Armas and JMBs. The pitifully low rates on winning from JMB boxes and the fact you can spend several hundred $$ without a single legendary weapon dropping. G1 made the rates so poor its gambling for a legendary. You guys said you would be revamping Armas will this include JMBs so that way you dont need to break the bank in order to get a legendary? There should be something where if you spend over $50 you should either have a double win rate of a legend or a guaranteed drop. This seems fair and would no longer make the boxes gambling.

I'm sure no one would mind better drop rates.
But afaik, APB's rates aren't really any worse than most games.

Devils advocate: You dont have to buy them.
  • Like 3

i payed 100$ and i got the "Thunder" and a "Sitting Duck" form the Gold JMB. 
I think the price is okey. 

• Like 2

Just now, CookiePuss said:
I'm sure no one would mind better drop rates.
But afaik, APB's rates aren't really any worse than most games.

Devils advocate: You dont have to buy them.
They are lol. 95% of games I play it dont take as much to get a drop vs APB where u can spend hundreds without a single drop on a constant basis

Just now, TackoGirl said:

Gold boxes are loyalty rewards they dont honestly count.

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:
2 minutes ago, TackoGirl said:

Gold boxes are loyalty rewards they dont honestly count.
but I think that's a nice compensation, 
The game has to live from something Edited by TackoGirl

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:
They are lol. 95% of games I play it dont take as much to get a drop vs APB where u can spend hundreds without a single drop on a constant basis
Part of me wants you to show your work.
But assuming you are correct, while I am sympathetic to the player, Im also sympathetic to the company that needs to turn a profit.
And without access to info that would tell me how much LO relies on JMB income, I cant really give an opinion on what LO "should" do.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TackoGirl said:
The game has to live from something
Its nice yes but the gold box rates should be what the normal boxes have and gold boxes should be higher then that. Theres plenty to live off of and having better rates would make more ppl spend as it would be worth it.

Maybe a slight drop rate boost and guaranteed apb cash/joker tickets but that's it.
And you know what are you getting into. Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed.

Edited by Sayori
  • Like 1

Lol, $50 is way to cheap... pls remind that acc wide weapons costs around this price...

$100 would be okay for a guaranteed drop.

2 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Maybe a slight drop rate boost and guaranteed apb cash/joker tickets but that's it.
And you know what are you getting into. Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed.

Jocker tickets in all JMB would be great!
4 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:
7 minutes ago, TackoGirl said:
The game has to live from something
Its nice yes but the gold box rates should be what the normal boxes have and gold boxes should be higher then that. Theres plenty to live off of and having better rates would make more ppl spend as it would be worth it.
it can be argued about that.. hmm

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Part of me wants you to show your work.
But assuming you are correct, while I am sympathetic to the player, Im also sympathetic to the company that needs to turn a profit.
And without access to info that would tell me how much LO relies on JMB income, I cant really give an opinion on what LO "should" do.

Theres a line between no profit and money grab and we both know G1 was nothing but a money grab. LO can make better rates and still turn a profit and if the balance is right they will make more money as the more cash strapped ppl and ppl who dont bother with the boxes cause of bad rates might just spend on the boxes.

Just now, Sayori said:

JT yea if the JT store had unique stuff and was updated regularly
3 minutes ago, SpeedyCat said:

Lol, $50 is way to cheap... pls remind that acc wide weapons costs around this price...

$100 would be okay for a guaranteed drop.

Right now they do. LO said they would be revamping Armas and dropping prices. Id say 50-100 is a fair price range.

to be fair, apb boxes are only $1, i think the % is a lot higher than CSGO's or PUBG's crates which are a tiny fraction <1% like 0.03% or even less. And they cost $4-$5

in apb, i am inclined to guess its somewhere around 1% for APB to get a legendary. even more with the gold joker boxes at $4. Personally I bought 100 and got 1 showstopper and also back in the day JMB1/2 the rates were much higher and premium was given out like candy.

Its expensive but not that bad when compared to others

Edited by Shini
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

we both know G1 was nothing but a money grab

Last I heard, APB hadn't made a profit for G1 in over 2 years prior to the acquisition.
But again, that's just rumor, none of us actually have the inside info we'd need to really have good opinions on this.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
Last I heard, APB hadn't made a profit for G1 in over 2 years prior to the acquisition.
But again, that's just rumor, none of us actually have the inside info we'd need to really have good opinions on this.
Well thats cause G1 didnt listen to their community, money grabbed as much as they could and didnt update the game with new maps, guns etc etc. Only reason G1 couldnt make a profit was cause they shot themselves in the foot one too many times.

13 minutes ago, Shini said:

to be fair, apb boxes are only $1, i think the % is a lot higher than CSGO's or PUBG's crates which are a tiny fraction <1% like 0.03% or even less. And they cost $4-$5

in apb, i am inclined to guess its somewhere around 1% for APB to get a legendary. even more with the gold joker boxes at $4. Personally I bought 100 and got 1 showstopper and also back in the day JMB1/2 the rates were much higher and premium was given out like candy.

Its expensive but not that bad when compared to others

From my experience its like this...

And this was my suggestion for the JMB's:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Why waste 50. Dad (Xbox GT Koca but it's changed now) told me his friend dropped like 400$ dollars on volcano boxes to get one. That's just ridiculous. It was like this year of January.

7 minutes ago, (Xbox)MortisedGuide said:
1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Why waste 50. Dad (Xbox GT Koca but it's changed now) told me his friend dropped like 400$ dollars on volcano boxes to get one. That's just ridiculous. It was like this year of January.
I bought around 1k boxes when the ANUBIS cames out and i get it xD aaand some other Legendarys too ;-P

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

why not just buy premium and farm $$$ and buy from marketplace instead? 🙂
  • Like 1

Just now, Softdeath said:
Wise words.
Ive owned every legendary several times over. All either came from gold boxes, or the in game marketplace. And Im a "relatively" newcomer to apb. 
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Softdeath said:

Hehe, yeah... as side effect i got some  little amound of Premium it was in total over 10 Years Premium ^^

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
Wise words.
Ive owned every legendary several times over. All either came from gold boxes, or the in game marketplace. And Im a "relatively" newcomer to apb. 
Ikr, because usually either of the two happens: people buy the JMBS, find out that: 1- The gun is shit and they just wasted their money.
                                                                                                                               2- The gun is good but the box is new so might as well sell it for higher profit
I have four legendaries and never bought a single JMB, I always farm gold and wait for the price of the gun I want to drop, then I usually either buy from MP or haggle with a player for a lower price.

Personally I feel like the now-removed GM power boxes were fine and wish they'd come back.

But I would be fine if they at least changed it so that instead of random guns or vehicles being sent, you'd get a choice like you do with the tutorial weapon reward selectors. That way if I get a green or blue or purple I can actually get something in return that I want that would actually benefit my play experience rather than another 12 days of a gun that I own a perm of, or another Vegas Gumshoe.. it's been years and hundreds spent and I still haven't gotten that 4 slot Fresno.