XXXXXXXXXXX

Make APB fun to play.

39 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Headshots in apb, why did i even click this thread...

Yeah... sorry you had to see this.
@23k
You state this is to fix hitreg. Ok
Let's fix hit reg. (which if you don't know means Hit Registering)
What does fixing hit reg have to do with implementing headshots.

I don't know about you, but programmers, especially game developers don't want to radically change their game 10+ years in the making.
If they want to drastically change it, they make something new. You blabber on about how this will fix the game.
But, reworking a system creates new bugs, and requires fixing still.

Hit boxes are all one size. Regardless of your character's size. Everyone's equal.
A shot anywhere in the hitbox will do the same amount of damage. Every time. Foot, Finger, Head, etc. If you're a new player, you learn the game. Figure out how it works.
If you want to get better, you google it, (or bing, whatever your fetish is) play, and learn. You ask other players, you figure it out.
You don't make the game feel more like how YOU want it to feel, you adapt.

There's a great video out there on getting better at APB, you should take a watch.
(Pre score-based threat) self described moderate player has even understood the game better.

The thing about playing games, you don't go around asking for things to change because you think they suck.
The community needs to debate, and (i guess) vote. You don't "spice" gameplay up because you think it'd be "lit 420 blaze it 180 noscope af."

3 minutes ago, 23k said:
7 minutes ago, indi said:

How has this thread not been locked yet

Oh alright, when i show the true state of apb now you want the thread to be locked? typical b**** s***...
True state? What true state of APB? You showed nothing except that there are a majority of people who disagree with what, and how, you want a "feature" implemented.

4 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Bruh, matchmaking has nothing to do with headshots, and headshots would not fix matchmaking, therefore there is no need to completely change the game. You are a complete psycho lunatic, whose grabbin aeverything that might potentionaly support his clearly idiotic ideology, but you are only embarrasing yourself this way. 

Headshots would be just another reason to rework the combat along with the rest of the problems that the game has. Edited by 23k

Just now, 23k said:
3 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Bruh, matchmaking has nothing to do with headshots, and headshots would not fix matchmaking, therefore there is no need to completely change the game. You are a complete psycho lunatic, whose grabbin aeverything that might potentionaly support his clearly idiotic ideology, but you are only embarrasing yourself this way. 

Headshots would another reason to rework combat a long with the rest of the games problems.
Why these two things aren't the same?
Because combat is a non-issue. There's no problem with combat.
If you say hit reg, that's the hitboxes, and DUN DUN DUN, registering hits. Where do I see combat in here? Not at all.

2 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:
If you say hit reg, that's the hitboxes, and DUN DUN DUN, registering hits. Where do I see combat in here? Not at all.
The guns, the hit reg, the spawns, the matchmaking, everything needs to be reworked regardless of headshots. Headshots just adds another reason of why it needs to be reworked. Edited by 23k

1 minute ago, 23k said:
2 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:
The guns, the hit reg, the spawns, the matchmaking, everything needs to be reworked.
How do guns need to be reworked? The guns in the game work perfectly fine, and may need fine tuning, not drastic changes.
-We've established hit reg
Spawns have nothing to do with headshots
Matchmaking has nothing to do with headshots.

If you've ever played a flight sim, racing or simulation games, you should understand that it is much much better to fine tune than to change everything, or radically make a change that will affect "everything else"

Just now, Sergsininia said:
How do guns need to be reworked? The guns in the game work perfectly fine, and may need fine tuning, not drastic changes.

If you've ever played a flight sim, racing or simulation games, you should understand that it is much much better to fine tune than to change everything, or radically make a change that will affect "everything else"

-We've established hit reg? you got to be kidding me? go up top watch the videos. The hit reg we have now is a complete joke. You don't even have hit the actual player you can shot close to him and it will register as a shot.

Just now, 23k said:
3 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

-We've established hit reg? you got to be kidding me? go up top watch the videos. The hit reg we have now is a complete joke. You don't even have hit the actual player you can shot close to him and it will register as a shot.
I did not say there could be changes with hit reg... I said that we've established that as a problem you deem worthy of implementing a change, specifically headshots.
Now tell me, how will headshots fix hit reg? it's just another hit box.

If you have watched the video I posted, at around the 3 minute mark, or after ( I don't quite remember ), Issmir states that headshots are not a thing in APB. There is only 1 hitbox. 1 hitbox to rule them all. Not only is there 1 hitbox, but it also isn't the size of your character. The characters all fit inside this hitbox, so that way, if you have a tiny girl character, as thin as a twig, you have the same hitbox as your afro wearing supa fat enforcer. They're all the same.

If you created a game where you can customize a character drastically with their height, weight, etc. then if the hitbox was only the character's geometry, you would see everyone either picking a character that is tiny, or tall characters complaining that they're at a disadvantage.

The hitbox does NOT exceed the character so much that you can be shot from behind a dumpster. Every bit of cover in the game allows you to hide behind it from at least one angle. If you see partial cover, it will affect everyone.

On 7/25/2018 at 12:52 PM, Sergsininia said:
I did not say there could be changes with hit reg... I said that we've established that as a problem you deem worthy of implementing a change, specifically headshots.
Now tell me, how will headshots fix hit reg? it's just another hit box.

If you have watched the video I posted, at around the 3 minute mark, or after ( I don't quite remember ), Issmir states that headshots are not a thing in APB. There is only 1 hitbox. 1 hitbox to rule them all. Not only is there 1 hitbox, but it also isn't the size of your character. The characters all fit inside this hitbox, so that way, if you have a tiny girl character, as thin as a twig, you have the same hitbox as your afro wearing supa fat enforcer. They're all the same.

If you created a game where you can customize a character drastically with their height, weight, etc. then if the hitbox was only the character's geometry, you would see everyone either picking a character that is tiny, or tall characters complaining that they're at a disadvantage.

The hitbox does NOT exceed the character so much that you can be shot from behind a dumpster. Every bit of cover in the game allows you to hide behind it from at least one angle. If you see partial cover, it will affect everyone.
You fix the hit reg and the hit box then you implement the headshots. picking a character that is tiny, or tall characters complaining that they're at a disadvantage is bunch of bs. Its comes down to skill the height and weight of the character is not that drastic if you could create little paper thin midgets then you would have more of a solid point. The players will adapt to the enemies hell they wont even feel the change. When you aim at a character you don't see that invisible box you still aim at the character not the invisible hitbox.

Edited by 23k

Just now, 23k said:
You fix the hit reg and then you implement the headshots. picking a character that is tiny, or tall characters complaining that they're at a disadvantage is bunch of bs. Its comes down to skill the height and weight of the character is not that drastic if you could create little paper thin midgets then you would have more of a solid point. The players will adapt to the enemies hell they wont even feel the change. When you aim at a character you don't see that invisible box you still aim at the character not the invisible hit reg box.

Quite the contrary, you can see that "invisible box" it's what the crosshair shows when it turns red.
  • Like 1

jesus christ.. he was trolling... everybody loves APB because we dont get instant kill with headshots...

Its known for being a hard game.

Get over it, dont feed the this troll post, like seriously.. soon its the most trending one EVER in apb forums. xD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sergsininia said:
3 minutes ago, 23k said:
You fix the hit reg and then you implement the headshots. picking a character that is tiny, or tall characters complaining that they're at a disadvantage is bunch of bs. Its comes down to skill the height and weight of the character is not that drastic if you could create little paper thin midgets then you would have more of a solid point. The players will adapt to the enemies hell they wont even feel the change. When you aim at a character you don't see that invisible box you still aim at the character not the invisible hit reg box.

Quite the contrary, you can see that "invisible box" it's what the crosshair shows when it turns red.
What? you can't be serious.... you aim at the character nobody aims for that invisble hit reg box.

3 hours ago, 23k said:
3 hours ago, -Dan- said:

23k , are you from the United States ?

Another Problem this game has is the unhealthy amount of anime trash there is. It's true but it's not the only problem this game has.
You didn't answer me, are you from the United States ?

1 minute ago, LusoPT said:

jesus christ.. he was trolling... everybody loves APB because we dont get instant kill with headshots...

Its known for being a hard game.

Get over it, dont feed the this troll post, like seriously.. soon its the most trending one EVER in apb forums. xD

So i'm a troll because i said the truth? everybody who goes against your beliefs is a troll? If you fail to recognize that this game has a lot of problems then ironically you're a troll yourself.

23k said  Alright Kemp, this is you, a guy who has been playing the game since 2011 a guy who has countless hours clocked in the game . 

Kempington  how much playing time do you have?

P.S. 23k , you didn't hear me ! ) sometimes the game becomes meaningless . a complete disappointment in the developers .

Edited by Yood
  • Like 1

I have  fun to play.  When comes more content more wappons more staff.  I have fun fun fun more.

this post is gonna be a doozy

8 hours ago, 23k said:

Okay, lets be realistic lets say LO implements the headshot system and optimizes everything around it, hitboxes that already need to be reworked either way, mods, weapons etc. Would it make APB worse to play?  Would it make APB less fun to play?

if they just added headshots without changing anything it would make the game worse
if they changed the game to revolve around headshots, it wouldnt be apb in anything but name

8 hours ago, 23k said:

lets be realistic, someone like Banned and these other guys they're not doing anything positive to promote this game's health, they want the game to be at the same broken state as it always been.

i wont speak for "these other guys" but id like nothing more than for apb to get off the ropes

8 hours ago, 23k said:

The headshot change would not hurt the game in fact it would benefit the game the players would adapt to it and find interesting ways to make new plays also it would bring in new players.

we've already been over this - adding headshots would just break the game if nothing was changed (which even youve agreed to despite all of your shallow arguments), or it would require so much work and so many changes to incorporate successfully thats its not worth it

8 hours ago, 23k said:

On top of that the driving has to be fixed it's the worst driving probably ever created in the history of games it's absolutely terrible. [...] The cars feel sluggish some feel like paper cars like cisco, other cars feel like they're loaded with ton of bricks like vegas, the handling is horrible theres got be a fix for this, 

i agree that several cars have pretty shitty handling
the 1s input delay is necessary however, cars in apb absolutely have to be server side

8 hours ago, 23k said:

Lets face it the players are like wives trapped in abusive relationship where they remain silent and pretend everything is okay or they leave but keep coming back to the abuse that's how they act with this game. [...] instead people like Banned and these other members who don't care for the health of this game just trying to bury the problems and pretend they don't exist, that doesn't work,  you can't just shovel dirt on problems and pretend everything is okay.

again not speaking for anyone else but again id love for apb to improve
im obviously up for discussion on pretty much any issue - ive been responding to you for like 5 pages of this thread after all - so idk where you got me wanting to pretend issues dont exist

8 hours ago, 23k said:

[quotes]

im not going through every one of these but it seems like a lot of them are the typical players who quit because of perceived issues without ever bothering to learn anything about the game, theres a few with flat out wrong info in them

8 hours ago, 23k said:

[videos]

a ton of videos about apb's bad hitreg for no reason as far as i can tell - this whole debate has been over headshots which will be affected just as badly as body shots by poor hitreg
are you aware that hitboxes and hitreg are two very different things?

8 hours ago, 23k said:

Banned you always talk about hit reg and how adding headshot would need to rework hit reg, that's a good thing because apb always needed a rework in hit reg not only the that whole game needs to be fixed because g1 never cared about anything but joker boxes, headshots would give you another reason to fix the hit reg.

ive never said headshots would affect hitreg, you really dont understand that hitreg and hitboxes are different things do you? lmao
hitreg needs to be fixed regardless of what features (headshots) people may want added, but its not a simple issue

8 hours ago, 23k said:

vehicle hit boxes is a joke aswell... Sometimes with a car you get gently pushed and die at other times you can run in to some players at full speed somehow they don't die  the car just pushes them away, flaws like these makes this game already in dire need for a change. As far as cars go i want to direct you to this thread this is a man with a bright thinking and has high hopes for a change that is needed in this game, his ideas must be heard it will really improve driving in this game not only driving music aswell i also like his comments on crouch options. -

yes vehicle hitboxes are pretty bad, and the poor servers dont really help
not even going to discuss that trainwreck of a thread you linked

8 hours ago, 23k said:
[video]

also add this

[video]

[video]

make an option to shoot without your head being out, blind fire it wouldn't be as accurate but still effective as you move cover to cover. On top of that add quality reload animtaions where you actually see mag getting replaced, Another thing having your primary gun on your back when you use your secondary weapon.
shooting without exposing your head, whether we have headshots or not, is a bad idea - it just lets people fire from corners with even less risk
more animations would be fine i guess, kind of low priority tho

7 hours ago, 23k said:

The thing is man, i showed you the people who took time to show how the game is broken, they took time because it really got to them... Now imagine the players who don't have enough patience to make and upload videos about how broken the game is the new player and other players what they do? they just say F*** IT, they get tired of dealing with the bs of the game, So they quit and that's when the pop of the game drops. The fact is G1 never took good care of the game it shows, They were just shoving joker boxes down the players throats. You can try to hide the game's flaws but overtime they're still going to pop up, you got face them and fix them. This game is never going out of this dirt if we keep pretending everything is ok.

fixing the problems that apb already has is not the same as adding new features (headshots) that would cause more problems 

6 hours ago, 23k said:

If the players think the game is ok at this stage and it has no problems it's either

A) They don't play the game
B) They play the game but they only come to social to just talk with other people and hold hands with all other female characters.
C) They play the game but they get used to the constant bs that this game has, so they begin to believe that it's normal.

i dont think anyone in this thread has said the game is perfect lol

5 hours ago, 23k said:

Headshots would be just another reason to rework the combat along with the rest of the problems that the game has.

4 hours ago, 23k said:

The guns, the hit reg, the spawns, the matchmaking, everything needs to be reworked regardless of headshots. Headshots just adds another reason of why it needs to be reworked.

again, fixing the problems that apb already has is not the same as adding new features (headshots) that would cause more problems 

4 hours ago, 23k said:

a large majority of players already create the smallest thinnest female characters they can for the insanely small advantages of a slightly harder to spot character and so that their character takes up less of the screen, you're insane if you dont think that would increase if character customization started having an even larger impact on gameplay
theres a reason every other game with headshots either has preset characters or doesnt allow you to adjust character height

4 hours ago, 23k said:

What? you can't be serious.... you aim at the character nobody aims for that invisble hit reg box.

do you even play apb? there are plenty of times you can shoot the hitbox when the character itself isnt visible

4 hours ago, 23k said:

So i'm a troll because i said the truth? everybody who goes against your beliefs is a troll? If you fail to recognize that this game has a lot of problems then ironically you're a troll yourself.

ironic
also disagreeing with your headshot suggestion is not the same thing as saying the game has no problems

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

this post is gonna be a doozy

if they just added headshots without changing anything it would make the game worse
if they changed the game to revolve around headshots, it wouldnt be apb in anything but name
  i wont speak for "these other guys" but id like nothing more than for apb to get off the ropes
  we've already been over this - adding headshots would just break the game if nothing was changed (which even youve agreed to despite all of your shallow arguments), or it would require so much work and so many changes to incorporate successfully thats its not worth it
  i agree that several cars have pretty shitty handling
the 1s input delay is necessary however, cars in apb absolutely have to be server side
  again not speaking for anyone else but again id love for apb to improve
im obviously up for discussion on pretty much any issue - ive been responding to you for like 5 pages of this thread after all - so idk where you got me wanting to pretend issues dont exist
  im not going through every one of these but it seems like a lot of them are the typical players who quit because of perceived issues without ever bothering to learn anything about the game, theres a few with flat out wrong info in them
  a ton of videos about apb's bad hitreg for no reason as far as i can tell - this whole debate has been over headshots which will be affected just as badly as body shots by poor hitreg
are you aware that hitboxes and hitreg are two very different things?
  ive never said headshots would affect hitreg, you really dont understand that hitreg and hitboxes are different things do you? lmao
hitreg needs to be fixed regardless of what features (headshots) people may want added, but its not a simple issue
  yes vehicle hitboxes are pretty bad, and the poor servers dont really help
not even going to discuss that trainwreck of a thread you linked
  shooting without exposing your head, whether we have headshot or not, is a bad idea - it just lets people fire from corners with even less risk
more animations would be fine i guess, kind of low priority tho
  fixing the problems that apb already has is not the same as adding new features (headshots) that would cause more problems 
  i dont think anyone in this thread has said the game is perfect lol
  again, fixing the problems that apb already has is not the same as adding new features (headshots) that would cause more problems 
  a large majority of players already create the smallest thinnest female characters they can for the insanely small advantages of a slightly harder to spot character and so that theyre character takes up less of the screen, you're insane if you dont think that would increase if character customization started having an even larger impact on gameplay
theres a reason every other game with headshots either has preset characters or doesnt allow you to adjust character height
  do you even play apb? there are plenty of times you can shoot the hitbox when the character itself isnt visible
  ironic
also disagreeing with your headshot suggestion is not the same thing as saying the game has no problems

There is no problem adding headshots after hit reg, hit boxes,server problems get fixed. The only thing everybody remembers and associates anything positive about APB is a good customization. And not a no hs combat. After headshots APB will still remain APB but with actual better and more realistic combat.

Edited by 23k

1 minute ago, 23k said:

There is no problem adding headshots after hit reg, hit boxes,server problems get be fixed. The only thing everybody remembers and associates anything positive about APB is a good customization. And not a no hs combat. After headshots APB will still remain APB but with actual better and more realistic combat.

time to go in circles again

adding headshots will require large amounts of development time due to nearly every system in apb needing changes to accommodate headshots

in addition headshots will slow the game down immensely, removing the arcade shooter aesthetic that allows apb to be unique instead of just a subpar csgo knockoff with bigger maps
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
time to go in circles again

adding headshots will require large amounts of development time due to nearly every system in apb needing changes to accommodate headshots

in addition headshots will slow the game down immensely, removing the arcade shooter aesthetic that allows apb to be unique instead of just a subpar csgo knockoff with bigger maps
APB will require large amounts of development time due to nearly every system in apb needing changes regardless of headshots. You sing the same ol song. Headshots wont slow the game down. The game pace is dictated by the players. Even now without headshots, the game sometimes goes fast and sometimes it goes slow, it depends on what players you play against. Again what makes APB stay APB is the customization adding headshots to APB wont make it a subpar csgo knockoff,  your argument is so invalid... Then you could say Battlefield is just a subpar knockoff of Call of Duty just with bigger maps...  Edited by 23k

I think we need to start a foundation to raise money to buy this fella a set of reading glasses. I am done with this, and saddened by the fact it is still ongoing.

1 hour ago, Slickmund said:

I think we need to start a foundation to raise money to buy this fella a set of reading glasses. I am done with this, and saddened by the fact it is still ongoing.

Gotta admire the dedication though, man's willing to fight for what he thinks is right.

1 hour ago, 23k said:
APB will require large amounts of development time due to nearly every system in apb needing changes regardless of headshots. You sing the same ol song. Headshots wont slow the game down. The game pace is dictated by the players. Even now without headshots, the game sometimes goes fast and sometimes it goes slow, it depends on what players you play against. Again what makes APB stay APB is the customization adding headshots to APB wont make it a subpar csgo knockoff,  your argument is so invalid... Then you could say Battlefield is just a subpar knockoff of Call of Duty just with bigger maps... 
players arent going to be crossing streets on foot and players arent going to be pushing any corner unless its been grenaded/flaregunned - hell even in half of your responses to me you cited multiple players using covering fire and leapfrogging just to deal with a single target, so you apparently cant even keep your own answers straight

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 23k said:
APB will require large amounts of development time due to nearly every system in apb needing changes regardless of headshots. You sing the same ol song. Headshots wont slow the game down. The game pace is dictated by the players. Even now without headshots, the game sometimes goes fast and sometimes it goes slow, it depends on what players you play against. Again what makes APB stay APB is the customization adding headshots to APB wont make it a subpar csgo knockoff,  your argument is so invalid... Then you could say Battlefield is just a subpar knockoff of Call of Duty just with bigger maps... 
Spawns, matchmaking and gun balance are not the core of the game, they need a rework but they arent a massive undertaking individually because of that. The game wont change that drastically when reworking those, they require specific tuning because it only takes small issues for them to get out of hand.
But we're getting off topic all over the place, the topic is headshots. Hit reg issues has nothing to do with headshots either way. Everyone has been taking the argument seriously, assuming their are no other factors (such as hit reg issues) that affect what you're arguing.

You point out missions go fast and missions go slow, can you point out why that is? There are reasons to why missions can speed up or slow down.
And you point out adding headshots to apb wouldnt make it a subpar csgo knockoff, why?

Even in your last response to me, there was no clear answer to the questions i asked. How would adding headshots benefit players and give players chances to make new plays?
Again, we're assuming the game works 100% perfectly. Give us examples.

Im not sure if you know, but you know that cars driving the way they do is because they're server sided? Ever seen cars in GTA lag out? Basically cars being server side stops that issue, well its supposed to but the servers haven't exactly been running well for a long time as it is. Anyway besides that, last time i checked they couldn't go faster because it would cause issues which i think? can be fixed with the engine upgrade.

Also, linking those comments of people who disliked the game doesnt really prove anything, a few people who have a negative opinion of the game doesnt translate into "everyone", especially when most dont understand latency or not understanding how many times they are actually being hit. ( Being hit by a PMG and killed in 3 shots has never happened)

Im pretty sure this is the game you want, based on all the little bits of gameplay information.
Ive never seen a game where "covering fire" and "leap frogging" has actually worked outside of a "E3 Gameplay trailer".

I dont really want this, most people here wouldnt want it either im pretty sure. Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog

1 hour ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:
Spawns, matchmaking and gun balance are not the core of the game, they need a rework but they arent a massive undertaking individually because of that. The game wont change that drastically when reworking those, they require specific tuning because it only takes small issues for them to get out of hand.
But we're getting off topic all over the place, the topic is headshots. Hit reg issues has nothing to do with headshots either way. Everyone has been taking the argument seriously, assuming their are no other factors (such as hit reg issues) that affect what you're arguing.

You point out missions go fast and missions go slow, can you point out why that is? There are reasons to why missions can speed up or slow down.
And you point out adding headshots to apb wouldnt make it a subpar csgo knockoff, why?

Even in your last response to me, there was no clear answer to the questions i asked. How would adding headshots benefit players and give players chances to make new plays?
Again, we're assuming the game works 100% perfectly. Give us examples.

Im not sure if you know, but you know that cars driving the way they do is because they're server sided? Ever seen cars in GTA lag out? Basically cars being server side stops that issue, well its supposed to but the servers haven't exactly been running well for a long time as it is. Anyway besides that, last time i checked they couldn't go faster because it would cause issues which i think? can be fixed with the engine upgrade.

Also, linking those comments of people who disliked the game doesnt really prove anything, a few people who have a negative opinion of the game doesnt translate into "everyone", especially when most dont understand latency or not understanding how many times they are actually being hit. ( Being hit by a PMG and killed in 3 shots has never happened)

Im pretty sure this is the game you want, based on all the little bits of gameplay information.
Ive never seen a game where "covering fire" and "leap frogging" has actually worked outside of a "E3 Gameplay trailer".

I dont really want this, most people here wouldnt want it either im pretty sure.
gears is fun but its sooo horrible with 1 shot kill shotguns rushing 15 shot kill rifles xDDDD