Nerf the AP.45  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Nerf the AP.45

• Absolutley
    • Needs a buff (cap)
    • Doesnt need nerfing

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

The point of the post clearly went over ya'll heads, so I'll go ahead and spell it out for you:

The numbers put forward in the removed sentence are obviously just to emphasize the main point being made. Critical thinking is an important skill, it's a shame that it's no longer taught in school.

is that your alt or something lol

his main point is vague, dumb, and wrong all at the same time lol, his insane numbers are just the cherry on top 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2024 at 2:33 PM, Yapopal said:

Shooting from this pistol results in freezes. To avoid this, you need a graphics config. The player character using the graphics config moves unpredictably. He can suddenly change direction or teleport to a place where he shouldn't be. This makes it difficult to aim at him. It is also worth considering server lags. In most cases, I hear the shots of this fucking pistol after I die... AP 45 is a weapon for gray zone players or cheaters. A normal player who wants a fair game will not use this crap. Crappy optimization simply won't allow you to play normally with this pistol. The very fact that this topic was created on the forum indicates that there is a problem. This problem can be solved by prohibiting any editing of game files and the use of mice with macros. The use of graphics configurations due to low PC power does not seem to be an argument in 2024. I can literally build a PC for APB for free while living in a Russian village.

Thank you for this. I always find myself being dragged into these shots despite moving out of the way. Or close range is a 1 second kill,  i just lag my body disappears and find myself in respawn before all the shots have hit.

1 hour ago, Y2Venom said:

Or close range is a 1 second kill

Almost all weapons have a ttk lower than 1 second

A small range or bloom nerf might put it on par with secondaries that are close to it. Make the frogs seem a bit more useful, and the fbw could use a slight range buff too. Any big changes to the weapon are gonna make it so good nobody uses anything else or so bad that nobody uses it at all

• Like 2

On 8/19/2024 at 6:34 PM, Frosi said:

Oh yea lets nerf a weapon because cheaters use it thats definitely how game balance works

https://i.imgur.com/zneX9mI.mp4 Ah yes because this is balanced.  
https://i.imgur.com/iHWpvYs.mp4 much skill, wowzers
https://i.imgur.com/fOfjvuN.mp4 surely this is why the 45 shouldn't be nerfed, people would use the super broken ultra fast TTK no range FBW instead!!! We cant have that! It would be broken! 

Giving the players a secondary that can TTK faster than most guns ( even at range LMAO ) while also having the most hard damage output too would totally bust everything!!  Wait...

Then again I read your username and that's all I needed to see lmao.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 8/30/2024 at 10:26 PM, a Pair of Socks said:

https://i.imgur.com/fOfjvuN.mp4 surely this is why the 45 shouldn't be nerfed, people would use the super broken ultra fast TTK no range FBW instead!!! We cant have that! It would be broken! 

Giving the players a secondary that can TTK faster than most guns ( even at range LMAO ) while also having the most hard damage output too would totally bust everything!!  Wait...

I couldn’t have said it any better. I’d make you a cake or cookie if I could

On 8/30/2024 at 2:26 PM, a Pair of Socks said:

First vid:

ACES Rifle is terrible. One of the highest TTKs of SMG type weapons, along with terrible accuracy (especially when hipfired like that).

Second vid:

The STAR didn't commit to the fight, and the PMG got bottom end RNG.

Third vid:

Dude didn't even fight back, just fed the kill. Vid is literally irrelevant to any kind of balance discussion.

45AP needs nerfing (just like all secondaries, because secondaries shouldn't be pocket primaries), but those examples are horrid.

Edited by Hexerin

On 8/30/2024 at 11:26 PM, a Pair of Socks said:

Giving the players a secondary that can TTK faster than most guns ( even at range LMAO )

The .45 doesn't have a lower TTK than most guns.

(seconds)

.45 = 0.8
FBW = 1.0

FR0G = 0.8

N-FA 9 = 0.63

STAR = 0.75
N-TEC = 0.7

CARBINE = 0.75

OBEYA = 0.84

OBIR = 1.2

OCA = 0.7
PMG = 0.7
JG = 0.65

1 hour ago, wywv said:

The .45 doesn't have a lower TTK than most guns.

(seconds)

.45 = 0.8
FBW = 1.0

FR0G = 0.8

N-FA 9 = 0.63

STAR = 0.75
N-TEC = 0.7

CARBINE = 0.75

OBEYA = 0.84

OBIR = 1.2

OCA = 0.7
PMG = 0.7
JG = 0.65

Correct.

The primaries can kill even faster if the Player is willing to sacrifice reliable range by equipping Cooling Jacket. Something Colby .45 can never have installed on demand.

On 8/19/2024 at 7:26 AM, BlatMan said:

Revert .45 changes. Revert Little Orbit RFP-9 changes. Increase range of OCSP to 40M. Now you have 3 pistols that compete in the same range, but have different aesthetics.

This is the way. Nerfing .45 will just make everyone move over to the next best thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haganu said:

This is the way. Nerfing .45 will just make everyone move over to the next best thing.

Then all handguns should be nerfed. Balance should not about 1 individual weapon, but on how a weapon unbalances games. These are new days. Everybody is on the same servers. This gun completely unbalances the whole game.

Lets not underestimate its huge multiple sale value. Players buy it, get banned, create a new account, buy it again , get banned, go to their other account, buy it again etc.....

9 hours ago, Simpleton said:

AP is fine, NEXT.

Aren’t you the silver enforcer that can’t aim? 🤡

.45 is fine, i got it for free long ago account wide with the friend referral system there was. Useless gun pile is too big in APB so i think it should be better to start making those more viable instead of adding more guns to the pile.

16 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Aren’t you the silver enforcer that can’t aim? 🤡

Yes

• Like 1

Some pretty insane takes here, seems like the biggest complainers just don't like it when better players than them can kill them with their secondary vs their own primary. 

Bottom line is, secondaries are fine. If you have to nerf .45, you also have to nerf every other secondary. If you nerf every other secondary, they will just become useless and limit your primary weapon choice even more. Or if you don't nerf every other secondary, .45 will become the useless, but it wont matter because the same people will still get owned by guns like frog. 

If these complainers got their way, eventually the only viable gun in the game would be 0 slot Star.

On 8/25/2024 at 4:29 AM, Basih said:

I'd increase shots to kill from 5 to 6. TTK would change from 0.8 s to 0.96 s.

TTK would change from 0.8 to 1.0.

The weapon's Fire Interval is 0.2 s.

9 hours ago, LilyRain said:

TTK would change from 0.8 to 1.0.

The weapon's Fire Interval is 0.2 s.

Yeah fair enough.

0.04s won't make much difference though from the point I was making 😎

12 hours ago, ColorBauss said:

Bottom line is, secondaries are fine. If you have to nerf .45, you also have to nerf every other secondary. If you nerf every other secondary, they will just become useless and limit your primary weapon choice even more. Or if you don't nerf every other secondary, .45 will become the useless, but it wont matter because the same people will still get owned by guns like frog.

if only there was a way of segrigating the servers based on threat level.......

32 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

if only there was a way of segrigating the servers based on threat level.......

Segregation is what killed the game in the first place, so good luck with that.

46 minutes ago, Basih said:

Yeah fair enough.

0.04s won't make much difference though from the point I was making 😎

The point you were shooting for isn't the problem. 

This thread exists to try and nerf Colby .45. The problem is that "0.96 s" says that a 6-shot-to-kill Colby .45 will be faster than FBW when in reality, they will be exactly equal.

I am afraid even 0.01s can make a difference since people are using "macro" as the measure of performance.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2024 at 12:53 PM, Y2Venom said:

Then all handguns should be nerfed. Balance should not about 1 individual weapon, but on how a weapon unbalances games. These are new days. Everybody is on the same servers. This gun completely unbalances the whole game.

Lets not underestimate its huge multiple sale value. Players buy it, get banned, create a new account, buy it again , get banned, go to their other account, buy it again etc.....

Nobody buys it anymore. They farm a few joker tickets and get it.

On 9/5/2024 at 4:22 PM, Hexerin said:

Segregation is what killed the game in the first place, so good luck with that.

no no no no. Bronze servers where thriving and people played the game like it was supposed to be played. The games were fun and unpredictable. Teams were fair, car chases and explosions. Ramming and running over players. Cars flying through the air. Percs and grenade spamming. Yes there were dethreaters, but people were losing on purpose because the bronze servers were so much more fun. 

Gold servers were first to die. Why ? because they were boring AF ....   peek shoot, peek shoot, peek shoot, peek shoot Get The Item, peek shoot peek shoot, peek shoot, peek shoot. Drive to the next spot, peek shoot peek shoot peek shoot, peek shoot. Defend The Door, peek shoot peek shoot peek shootKill The Other Team, Peek Shoot, Peek Shoot, Peek Shoot, Peek Shoot, Peek Shoot, Peek Shoot, Peek Shoot, Peek Shoot, Peek Shoot.

Those barriers were removied and within months the population declined to its lowest ever.

6 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

no no no no. Bronze servers where thriving and people played the game like it was supposed to be played. The games were fun and unpredictable. Teams were fair, car chases and explosions. Ramming and running over players. Cars flying through the air. Percs and grenade spamming. Yes there were dethreaters, but people were losing on purpose because the bronze servers were so much more fun. 

Gold servers were first to die. Why ? because they were boring AF ....   peek shoot, peek shoot, peek shoot, peek shoot Get The Item, peek shoot peek shoot, peek shoot, peek shoot. Drive to the next spot, peek shoot peek shoot peek shoot, peek shoot. Defend The Door, peek shoot peek shoot peek shootKill The Other Team, Peek Shoot, Peek Shoot, Peek Shoot, Peek Shoot, Peek Shoot, Peek Shoot, Peek Shoot, Peek Shoot, Peek Shoot.

Those barriers were removied and within months the population declined to its lowest ever.

It was a bunch of deathreaters trying to not go up in threat, with some new players mixed in.