Pista

What flag does LO consider political?

What Flag is <GM> Nanichi talking about.

mfx2MDb.jpeg

Are people no longer allowed to turn a car in-game into General Lee car?  If so, how the hell is that political.   People have been making that car in this game for over 10 years.

1 minute ago, Pista said:

What Flag is <GM> Nanichi talking about.

mfx2MDb.jpeg

Are people no longer allowed to turn a car in-game into General Lee car?  If so, how the hell is that political.   People have been making that car in this game for over 10 years.

The ConFederate Flag its not really allowed anymore.

Just now, Nanichi said:

The ConFederate Flag its not really allowed anymore.

It should be allowed for General Lee cars but not for any political text on it.  

1 minute ago, Pista said:

It should be allowed for General Lee cars but not for any political text on it.  

What a player believes, and what is the rules is two different ideals. In the end only LO can decide what is allowed and not allowed within their game.

• Like 1

Just now, Nanichi said:

What a player believes, and what is the rules is two different ideals. In the end only LO can decide what is allowed and not allowed within their game.

The general lee car not political. Dukes of Hazard wasn't a political show.  LO can decide sure but they also need to remember player can decide to support the game or not. 

• Like 3

As long as you're not toxic, the chances of support caring is practically 0. Only thing they seem to freak out about is the German WWII solder attire. Ironically, we have some of their weapons, MP 40 (CAP40) and Luger (OCSP).

• Like 1

Z symbols are fine apparently so why would they care about a confederate flag

• Like 2

it’s mind boggling that nanichi is still around, he’s less professional than the volunteer player gms

• Like 4

I would agree that this should not be classified as Political.

I watched the Dukes as a kid, and didn't agree with the reasoning of taking it 

off the 'Air'. 

We or I always thought of the Rebel Flag as being just that, a symbol of 

Rebellion to the Establishment. That being the State, County Government.

However I can see it being offensive to Black Folks.

My favorite character was 'Uncle Jessie and his pick up truck.

Rules are Rules. 

10 hours ago, Pista said:

The general lee car not political. Dukes of Hazard wasn't a political show.  LO can decide sure but they also need to remember player can decide to support the game or not. 

It really isn't about the car itself I personally don't mind the car since I was a fan of the show long ago. However what is in question is the ConFederate Flag itself which is as Mack Mentioned Offensive to people of African American decent. I normally don't take time to write on forums but I felt I would explain the above.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

I would agree that this should not be classified as Political.

I watched the Dukes as a kid, and didn't agree with the reasoning of taking it 

off the 'Air'. 

We or I always thought of the Rebel Flag as being just that, a symbol of 

Rebellion to the Establishment. That being the State, County Government.

However I can see it being offensive to Black Folks.

My favorite character was 'Uncle Jessie and his pick up truck.

Rules are Rules. 

You don't think black people watched Dukes of Hazard? Are they not allowed to like the car from that show due to being black? I been around this game since beta. Not once have i seen anyone make a post complaining about General Lee themed vehicles.    

Now if someone used the flag and put stupid text like "south will rise again", that would be offensive.  Not a general lee themed car from a tv show that wasn't a political show at all.

11 hours ago, Nanichi said:

It really isn't about the car itself I personally don't mind the car since I was a fan of the show long ago. However what is in question is the ConFederate Flag itself which is as Mack Mentioned Offensive to people of African American decent. I normally don't take time to write on forums but I felt I would explain the above.

You do realize people have been making general lee themed cars since this game came out right. Long before you ever been around this game.  Long as players don't make it political whats the problem? That would show GM and owner of this game have some common sense and let players enjoy designing cars. 

That's all this game needs is Tiggs 2.0 going around looking for petty shit to drive players away.   

seems like the GMs got their history lessons from TikTok live instead of a teacher or a book.

• Like 1

And russians with their war propaganda and cars with Z,  When LO want to be ok but russians are too big base of players XDDD

Merged.

On 2/7/2024 at 4:45 PM, Nanichi said:

So tell me boi Russians Z cars arent offensive for Ukrainian players?

Germany WW2 weapons arent offensive for players from Europe? Israel?

Explain

Edited by PonuryZniwiarz

You don't think black people watched Dukes of Hazard? Are they not allowed to like the car from that show due to being black? I been around this game since beta. Not once have i seen anyone make a post complaining about General Lee themed vehicles.    

Now if someone used the flag and put stupid text like "south will rise again", that would be offensive.  Not a general lee themed car from a tv show that wasn't a political show at all.

You do realize people have been making general lee themed cars since this game came out right. Long before you ever been around this game.  Long as players don't make it political whats the problem? That would show GM and owner of this game have some common sense and let players enjoy designing cars. 

That's all this game needs is Tiggs 2.0 going around looking for petty shit to drive players away.   

No matter how you argue the cause LO has made a ruling if you don't like it there is the door as you so aptly put players can choose to support the game or not even if you leave you will eventually be replaced. 

So go gnat leave if you wish but seems you are just looking tor a fight you won't win since the target of your ire don't make the rules they follow them talk about killing the messenger you are a total joke.

Just now, Nabiki said:

No matter how you argue the cause LO has made a ruling if you don't like it there is the door as you so aptly put players can choose to support the game or not even if you leave you will eventually be replaced. 

So go gnat leave if you wish but seems you are just looking tor a fight you won't win since the target of your ire don't make the rules they follow them talk about killing the messenger you are a total joke.

If you don't care why you posting in this topic?    Nanichi is tiggs 2.0.

20 minutes ago, Pista said:

If you don't care why you posting in this topic?    Nanichi is tiggs 2.0.

That GM is just following orders you are attacking the wrong person but you do you.

5 minutes ago, Nabiki said:

That GM is just following orders you are attacking the wrong person but you do you.

This post was to bring it to LO attention and to discuss it.  Let i checked were allowed to do that.   We don't want a Tiggs 2.0 ruining what's left of this game.

You don't think black people watched Dukes of Hazard?

At the Time, possibly some. In those days we had only 13 channels, and not much 

variety on TV. There were never any Black actors on the Dukes, and You watched what 

your parents let you watch, most people only had one tv. The parent may not have agreed 

with the rebel flag and red neck theme.

That was the 80s, Now in the new times, to the younger Gaming prone kids.

Black people don't have any context from the show except what the media has 

pushed, which is to them a symbol of slavery on 'white TV.

They don't see the context of a show where there was minimal violence.

Nobody ever got shot, where the story line taught moral values such as not

lying or stealing. If they made Roscoe crash in the river, they always stopped to 

make sure he was alright. 

It's not so much what the show was, it's what today's new generation believes.

LO wants to attract all players, and to some extent cover their patootie.

With the flag being the confederate flag and the name of the car being

a confederate general, combined with todays social ideology, it is easy to 

understand why it could be offensive to some people. 

I don't disagree or agree, I am simply pointing out why it could be offensive.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

At the Time, possibly some. In those days we had only 13 channels, and not much 

variety on TV. There were never any Black actors on the Dukes, and You watched what 

your parents let you watch, most people only had one tv. The parent may not have agreed 

with the rebel flag and red neck theme.

That was the 80s, Now in the new times, to the younger Gaming prone kids.

Black people don't have any context from the show except what the media has 

pushed, which is to them a symbol of slavery on 'white TV.

They don't see the context of a show where there was minimal violence.

Nobody ever got shot, where the story line taught moral values such as not

lying or stealing. If they made Roscoe crash in the river, they always stopped to 

make sure he was alright. 

It's not so much what the show was, it's what today's new generation believes.

LO wants to attract all players, and to some extent cover their patootie.

With the flag being the confederate flag and the name of the car being

a confederate general, combined with todays social ideology, it is easy to 

understand why it could be offensive to some people. 

I don't disagree or agree, I am simply pointing out why it could be offensive.  

No black actors in Dukes of Hazard? Chickasaw County Sheriff was a black actor named Don Pedro Colley. Let's stop acting like no black person watched that show.

If it's been fine for 14+ years in-game.  Why have GM even bother people with general lee cars, when they know it's not political. This game is on it's death bed and we have GM just looking for petty crap that could cause even less people to play the game. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pista said:

o black actors in Dukes of Hazard? Chickasaw County Sheriff was a black actor named Don Pedro Colley. Let's stop acting like no black person watched that show.

If it's been fine for 14+ years in-game.  Why have GM even bother people with general lee cars, when they know it's not political. This game is on it's death bed and we have GM just looking for petty crap that could cause even less people to play the game.

Well I missed that episode then, my point being there were no major roles, nor just common extras walking around the town.

and this issue has come up many times in the past few years, it has been discussed and the decision was made long ago.

As far as Blacks watching the show, this is a game targeting young people of today, not old codgers like myself. 

It is a Business. And as a private business they have the right to make the rules. 

I don't like hackers but the rule is that i cannot name shame, I don't like Left Wingers, 

but it is the rule that I refrain from political references and rhetoric.

The GM is doing his job, and in a way protecting you from a far worse suspension or 

ban due to offensive content by telling you, and not just banning you. 

Peace

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

The GM is doing his job, and in a way protecting you from a far worse suspension or 

ban due to offensive content by telling you, and not just banning you. 

Peace

This, Nanichi giving a warning and being lenient with players who may break a rule rather than outright banning is what makes the issue moot.

Disagree with the rule? Take it up with the people to created the rule. The person enforcing the rule is doing what they think is best to resolve the problem.

If the people who made the rule uphold it, then either abide by it or suffer the consequences. Arguing about it after the decision has been made won't change the rule.

• Like 1

Come up with and draw the flag of your team or clan. What is the problem? Why would anyone imitate?  The symbolism of Z is not drawn by agitators, but rather by victims of propaganda. What if my character likes white clothes and belongs to a group of people who persecute blacks, but I don't share his views? Can I paint this flag on his car?

If I draw the Confederate flag and write that it is bad to draw it, will it be propaganda? Or it will be anti-propaganda? People should know that this flag cannot be drawn.

Edited by Yapopal

The flag of the army that fought to own slaves is, and will always be, inherently political.

"It represents rebellion."

And the confederates were rebelling in order to retain their rights to do what? To own WHO?

I don't care about the flag, but you geezers need to realize that time has passed and the confederate flag does not carry the same meaning for a lot of the population as it does for you. Because Dukes of Hazard is no longer culturally relevant to new generations. The confederate flag is now mostly seen as exactly how it was intended to be perceived by those who started flying it - a flag to represent the army who fought to enslave people. Failed traitors. Whatever you want to call them.

Just because the flag is not political TO YOU, does not mean it isn't to tons of other people.

As a business, with an already struggling playerbase, it is not surprising whatsoever that stuff like this is not allowed anymore.

And to the comment "its been allowed for the last 15 years" .... how about we think how many things that were considered normal 15 years ago are now unacceptable. That's is just what happens when time passes. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, magik said:

This, Nanichi giving a warning and being lenient with players who may break a rule rather than outright banning is what makes the issue moot.

Disagree with the rule? Take it up with the people to created the rule. The person enforcing the rule is doing what they think is best to resolve the problem.

If the people who made the rule uphold it, then either abide by it or suffer the consequences. Arguing about it after the decision has been made won't change the rule.

I wasn't giving a warning. I came on here see if it was general lee themed car or not.  Are you really that clueless and don't know what forums for APB are for? It's for players to bring up issues etc with the game developer.

so my post with links to someone posting Z symbols on steam has been deleted yet those screenshots can still be viewed since LO didn't even remove them (surprise to nobody)

absolute hipocrisy, barking at someone for having a confederate flag but blatantly ignoring a huge violation like this, whats better is that I even made a support regarding this 6+ months ago and still nothing

so no nanichi you don't enforce against people using "political" symbols, stop pretending please

• Like 1