Todesklinge

Kevlar 3 need 40% HP

I am using Kevlar 3 and i am die to fast with it against Player with Clotting Agent 3.

Clotting Agent 3 need a additional downside of -8% HP as compensation!

This makes me so much frustration when the game balance is absolute broken. I dont have a chance to defeat the enemys.

Fix this!

• Thanks 1

the actual issue is how health regen works in apb. theres no use having kevlar extra hp + slow speed, because your health regen is ultra slow. a CA3 player will have more health than you if they just let themselves regen a bit of health, and then attack you.

CA3 is basically must have because of the cancerous regen. and there was a theory that CA2 is better versus scouts i think.

the fact that your regen resets from taking any amount of dmg is also cancer, like when a low yield barely hits u. someone who doesnt have CA is going to have a bad time.

and med spray is a horrible addition and should be removed entirely.

but APB has no devs so this is all only talking about nostalgia.

Edited by FakeBungo

Kevlar could give +100% HP and it still wouldn't matter, because of the speed reduction penalty. Kevlar just can't work with the low TTK design of the game.

• Like 1

I'd just remove the jog/run penalty and keep just the sprint reduction

• Like 1

Short anser:

Yeah DO IT ... but  I bet it will change NothinG, despite agree the game and a lot of weapons are bad balanced. the game is around CA3 but at least for this Christmas you'll be happy with this present...😂

Longer one:

joke aside, Just give up with KV3 and I bet just buffing also until %HP will be useless and I double bet no devs will smash their heads on how balancing it, being just little tanky and a lot of more slow with the same firepower/TTk and bloom/ precision of everybody doesnt worth the candle, being fast has always been solid because you've the best potential survival skill of any game: Choosing your fights and the option of  retreat for then give your peace ... on your bitter ones.

8 hours ago, ColorBauss said:

Yet another based Todesklinge post, I am so happy to see you haven't given up on Kevlar 3.

I'd imagine someone that mad over the most basic perk would've quit by now, especially after a decade of complaining.

His rebalancing ideas are always "make mine extremely overpowered, and nerf something that should be basekit" at the same time.

I'd love to see his reaction on how such a change would actually play out, lol.

Edited by GhosT
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Kevlar just can't work with the low TTK design of the game.

idk bro theres some pSilent players that can make kevlar 3 work

and they stream their gameplay too so u know it works

😄

First off ya wouldn't run that slow unless you were wearing a bomb suit.

Second off, When you are Hit while wearing kev, it merely keeps the round from penetrating

your hide, but you still feel the kinetic impact, you would be bruised, and even could have broken

bones. You're not gonna want to keep running. The slow run should be replaced with an impact 

to your stamina if hit.

Clotting should be should be more of a 'Usable' cuz unless you have spider blood

it would have to be applied to a wound, keeping you alive. Not something that already 

was effecting your blood, thickening it, and if ya had thick blood you wouldn't been running.

Far as I'm concerned they are both worthless

People they dont use Kevlar over a long time, dont know what the real problem of Kevlar is.

I have a very long play time with Kevlar and i know whats the best buff is to improve this green Mod.

Just rework the movement speed will unbalanced it, also the best way is to improve the Health.

Over 99% of all players use Clotting Agent because it is overpowered and gives bonuses in every Situation. Thats called unbalanced when a mod is to strong like CA.

5 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

People they dont use Kevlar over a long time, dont know what the real problem of Kevlar is. THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE HP BRUH

I have a very long play time with Kevlar and i know whats the best buff is to improve this green Mod.

Just rework the movement speed will unbalanced it, also the best way is to improve the Health.

Over 99% of all players use Clotting Agent because it is overpowered and gives bonuses in every Situation. Thats called unbalanced when a mod is to strong like CA.

if I was a dev...  which both fortunately you and me both are not, the thing we will find unbalanced is not CA3 per se, but the default delay HP regeneration, it's not balanced for game.

As a lot of players told in past The default HP regeneration is not BaLanCeD with the current average TTK , that's why all the green mods  pale in comparison with CA3 advantages... If I was a dev probabily I will work and testing about buffing it, then only after that it will be rational nerfing CA3 and CA line overall.

If you want be more tanky nowadays just use flak jacket, the downsides is -1 less grenade and unfortunately combo with nerfed low yields arent beyond bad... but really you're tanky and u feel the difference in matchups with 2/3 players per team at most.

17 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

idk bro theres some pSilent players that can make kevlar 3 work

and they stream their gameplay too so u know it works

😄

I would like to see these videos pls

the only times KV3 work  gave me some laugh it was using togheter niche anti-f*ck everything weapons like ALIG, SHAW  and Medusa with HMS, Weapons make already slow the players and/ or need a little more time than other weapons for being effective because of their own mechanics or your slow movement... togheter with some jump shotting and the fact you controll better the bloom of the weapon with High Magnification scope make feel refreshing the gameplay with something different than usual..

Anyway KV3 has too much drawbacks,  especially in area where you've to play in CQC and you have move and retreat fast for covering in angles, it's absoluty trash, without talk in long range when you against a premade team against the usual osnaw/ volcano, they may one shot you just as you spawn 😂

I've been a Kevlar main for my entire playtime on APB, it's kinda punishing by how slow, you move, but it's pretty good if you play using covers and corners, and move using a car.
In my own experience Kevlar works better if you play in a group with friends.

Keep in mind there are other players (beginners etc.).

If a mod only works as vereran/elite players, thats not meaning is balanced.

Until the new engine upgrade is finished its time to make official tests with some adjustments in Gameplay. Thats are just a few numbers to fix.

On 12/14/2023 at 10:46 AM, GhosT said:

I'd imagine someone that mad over the most basic perk would've quit by now, especially after a decade of complaining.

His rebalancing ideas are always "make mine extremely overpowered, and nerf something that should be basekit" at the same time.

I'd love to see his reaction on how such a change would actually play out, lol.

who cares, atleast he has ideas unlike LO who just kill the game by letting hackers play and unbanning them so they can hack even more

4 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

Until the new engine upgrade is finished

Sigh.. Now I guess that catfish of @ninjarrrr has a good reason to  laugh on this thread... and the IQ of someone other than just himself

2 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Sigh.. Now I guess that catfish of @ninjarrrr has a good reason to  laugh on this thread... and the IQ of someone other than just himself

calling me a catfish says more about ur iq than it does about me tbh

On 12/13/2023 at 5:31 PM, MACKxBOLAN said:

First off ya wouldn't run that slow unless you were wearing a bomb suit.

Second off, When you are Hit while wearing kev, it merely keeps the round from penetrating

your hide, but you still feel the kinetic impact, you would be bruised, and even could have broken

bones. You're not gonna want to keep running. The slow run should be replaced with an impact 

to your stamina if hit.

Clotting should be should be more of a 'Usable' cuz unless you have spider blood

it would have to be applied to a wound, keeping you alive. Not something that already 

was effecting your blood, thickening it, and if ya had thick blood you wouldn't been running.

Far as I'm concerned they are both worthless

We don't need more stamina impacting mechanics in the game, LTL and 3 shot DMR stun if not killed is already top tier trash as far as the stamina gameplay goes. If we're talking stamina damage, we need stamina defensive utility mods in the game that helps reduce stamina damage when worn. Then we can talk about counter balancing with stamina impacting mechanics once we have a defensive way to try and counter the only mechanic in the game that has no way to boost defense against it right now.

All theory anyways, not like any of this will ever get implemented at the current rate development is going.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Xenotical said:

If we're talking stamina damage, we need stamina defensive utility mods in the game that helps reduce stamina damage when worn.

there was a mod back in RTW times called "energizer" and basically was an anti LTL mod, and it was removed after the stabbas got nerfed because it would essentially make someone unstunnable, maybe you can talk later about having an anti LTL mod when the stabbas get a massive buff?

• Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 9:24 AM, ninjarrrr said:

there was a mod back in RTW times called "energizer" and basically was an anti LTL mod, and it was removed after the stabbas got nerfed because it would essentially make someone unstunnable, maybe you can talk later about having an anti LTL mod when the stabbas get a massive buff?

having a mod that specifically counters an entire class of weapons is pretty dumb, especially if its got no downsides. alot of the r195 mods are really bad/gimmicky in apb. also the utility items are bad/gimmicky.

i think out of all the r195 mods and utility items, the only interesting thing to come of them is car surfer letting me get onto more rooftops. and the shield item being used to block doorways is pretty cool too.

i think better balance would be if they combined flak jacket and kevlar together. you would see probably more people running that than you do either of them by themselves.

fragile is also garbage though, because its the opposite of kevlar. but the only other r195 mod is that stupid valzipram tablets one that makes it so you can't get run over.

maybe fragile could be conjoined with happy landings. but it would still probably suck having fragile HP. honestly youd probably have to rebalance literally all damage in the game just to make fragile not feel like garbage lol.

APB 2 when???? put me as lead designer 

Edited by FakeBungo

On 12/17/2023 at 10:48 PM, FakeBungo said:

i think better balance would be if they combined flak jacket and kevlar together. you would see probably more people running that than you do either of them by themselves.

nO that way of trying to resolve the problem will be too messy.... Let's try think in backwards way, Fragile got an undirect nerf when G1 nerfed sprintshooting. Flak jacket is still quite effective but situational, anyway it suffered a similar parellel problem with the low yield nerf.

Maybe with test and checks, one the best way for resolving the problem is buffing the walking speed of FRAGILE while firing in markmanship and not, and with FLAT JACKET buffing and increase the  damage area of grenades making Low yield usable or other grenade slighty more deadly but worthy for the fact there's less grenade available... for finishing it'll be no bad if they decrease the base HP regeneration time, the TTK weapons is around CA3 and the difference is quite subtantial, all the green mods will benefit with decreased HP regeneation time , in this way all the green mods'll benefit from the change (ofc CA will be decreased and adjusted comparetevily to the change)

On 12/17/2023 at 10:48 PM, FakeBungo said:

APB 2 when???? put me as lead designer 

Ha, if I may see with everything before feeling the heavy of the crown start  being a seasoned peons first.. you maybe don't  know what that means or think you're already so good, anyway as everything if you preserve and have passion on something, maybe it's an adventure worth your time, ofc as you probabily know and see it's not something you can do alone

https://www.develop.games/

HF

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

nO that way of trying to resolve the problem will be too messy.... Let's try think in backwards way, Fragile got an undirect nerf when G1 nerfed sprintshooting. Flak jacket is still quite effective but situational, anyway it suffered a similar parellel problem with the low yield nerf.

Maybe with test and checks, one the best way for resolving the problem is buffing the walking speed of FRAGILE while firing in markmanship and not, and with FLAT JACKET buffing and increase the  damage area of grenades making Low yield usable or other grenade slighty more deadly but worthy for the fact there's less grenade available... for finishing it'll be no bad if they decrease the base HP regeneration time, the TTK weapons is around CA3 and the difference is quite subtantial, all the green mods will benefit with decreased HP regeneation time , in this way all the green mods'll benefit from the change (ofc CA will be decreased and adjusted comparetevily to the change)

Ha, if I may see with everything before feeling the heavy of the crown start  being a seasoned peons first.. you maybe don't  know what that means or think you're already so good, anyway as everything if you preserve and have passion on something, maybe it's an adventure worth your time, ofc as you probabily know and see it's not something you can do alone

https://www.develop.games/

HF

i think all the problems are because they added all these new mods and low yields after the game was already made, and so it all doesnt make sense because they got slapped on as new content rather than fit into the game. 

low yields are just cancer designed to be spammed. flak removing 1 nade just makes dealing with cars/car spawns miserable. etc

also i dont remember what the game was like before sprintshooting nerf happened.

Edited by FakeBungo