Sign in to follow this  
FakeBungo

apb would be better without car surfer mod

my only gripe with carsurfer is armored truck final stages, other than that its a detriment to use and looks dumb as hell

in a perfect world car surfer would never have been needed, because the vehicle combat system was overhauled years ago to allow the use of heavy weapons only from truck beds, SUV tailgates, and van rear doors

but between the lack of care, competence, and staff it never happened so we're stuck with goofy magnet shoes 

• Like 1

apb would be better reverted to a 2013 version.

apb would be better if yellow consumables were never a thing (yes and shield too, losers)

1 hour ago, vsb said:

my only gripe with carsurfer is armored truck final stages, other than that its a detriment to use and looks dumb as hell

in a perfect world car surfer would never have been needed, because the vehicle combat system was overhauled years ago to allow the use of heavy weapons only from truck beds, SUV tailgates, and van rear doors

but between the lack of care, competence, and staff it never happened so we're stuck with goofy magnet shoes 

i love getting in my Macchina Cosenza or Cisco and getting followed around ... or even pickup pickup...

car surfer is a bad mod for the game. It's not a BAD MOD, it just shouldn't be in the game.

Edited by iRawwwN
  • Like 1

car surfer is great for those who love camping everyone with osmaws or lmgs.

The part i like is slamming a car surfer into a wall and there team mate TKs them. my score is 6 tks and the guy being kicked from the game. boy was he mad

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cowhorseman said:

The part i like is slamming a car surfer into a wall and there team mate TKs them. my score is 6 tks and the guy being kicked from the game. boy was he mad

You forgot the volcano mfs

9 minutes ago, Bruhd101 said:

You forgot the volcano mfs

ah yes how could i forget.

Car surfer should be removed. It allows players to use restricted weapons from a moving vehicle. There's balance reasons why you can't use an ALIG, DMR, and OSMAW out of the window of a vehicle. They even nerfed the hard damage on the N-ISSR-B because they realized it was too powerful when used leaning out of the window.

3 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

I get the kill on the driver, and the driver gets a team kill. Does anything in this game work right?

People tend to divide everything into yes and no, white and black. You're reading this right now thanks to the fact that your and my ancestors beaten with sticks their stupid relatives. Do not divide everything into yes and no. Respect the work of your monkey ancestors. 
Car Surfer is a great mod, he's funny. It doesn't need to be turned on or off, it needs to be optimized. The surest solution would be to add shaking and inertia of the sight. 
Many aspects of the game require an optimization process.  Starting from the global ones - the engine, the rules for selecting opponents. And ending with local, for example, broken consumables, or high-speed pistol shooting, which even the server does not have time for. He just tells me - dude, I didn't understand anything, but you were kind of killed, so listen to the jingle.

Edited by Yapopal

On 10/28/2023 at 6:43 AM, FakeBungo said:

thoughts on that? the only fun use for it is to get on rooftops. it is cringe otherwise.

Instead of whining (I am not telling you're totally wrong, but same speech valid for other fella above) .. try thinking of a way for preserving the good of the mod, this mod is too fun for just being suddenly removed.

In my weak opinion, as the catalyst for activing the mod is jumping and standing still for a while on the cars, just adding a debuff speed or just disabling sprint for 2/3 seconds after jumping everytime (barriers or obstacles with F keybinds include maybe ?), it will be a interesting comprimise to test, enough to piss off someone from full stacking/ using this mod... .Another way is making other blue mods more appealing... they totally balance charm sadly 😂

Edited by PingOVER9000

6 hours ago, Yapopal said:

it needs to be optimized.

i will only settle with weapons being able to be used in the rear of the montane or the t-25, but i won't ask to gimp it by adding any mount/dismout time.

No fun allowed. Enjoy having no counter play when someone decides to run in the final segment. And if your response is "better designed missions" you missed that window by 10+ years. I don't care how jank it looks, I enjoyed nuking babies with a DMR that think they're safe in their sports cars.

You can hardly do anything fun in game anymore since its been neutered to hell and back. We can't even launch ourselves onto roof tops any more outside of missions because they implemented the out of bounds function.

On 10/29/2023 at 11:35 PM, who said:

WITHOUT CARS

imagine having to run across the map, no thanks.

TLDR: Community wants to remove anything resembling fun and it has to be the tryhard dry meta for another decade  

• Like 1

On 10/29/2023 at 5:16 PM, cowhorseman said:

lol.

or cuz the driver is 'unwanted by the car surfer, n they rollin n surfer jump off front of car n I get the tk n then the boot.

Hey at least I killed somebody. 

It's been fun, some of you are funny. I don't get on much now. 

I have stage 4 cancer, i have a mass the size of a perc nade in my lung, bone legions on the ribs.

I don't mean to go off topic, but i dont wanna make a thread.

Its not a matter of If' its a matter of how long.

This explains the seizure i had, as it probly got into my spine or a major nerve

causing a massive seizure. this would also explain my attitude and ramblings.

So again no flare gun or video game induced it. NObodys Fault but Mine. 

So I close with a bit of advice for U skilled Gamers, 

STOP SMOKING, Vaping, ect. 

The word is that a rib bone becomes like a piece of wet toast.

So you break it n it doesnt crack apart, it bends, it becomes 'mush' .

As I have said in the past When I get Pushed I tend to push back.

So I'm gonna Fight, stay active irl, I might play some but i cant sit here 

too long cuz the ribs make it hard to keyboard

6 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

lol.

or cuz the driver is 'unwanted by the car surfer, n they rollin n surfer jump off front of car n I get the tk n then the boot.

Hey at least I killed somebody. 

It's been fun, some of you are funny. I don't get on much now. 

I have stage 4 cancer, i have a mass the size of a perc nade in my lung, bone legions on the ribs.

I don't mean to go off topic, but i dont wanna make a thread.

Its not a matter of If' its a matter of how long.

This explains the seizure i had, as it probly got into my spine or a major nerve

causing a massive seizure. this would also explain my attitude and ramblings.

So again no flare gun or video game induced it. NObodys Fault but Mine. 

So I close with a bit of advice for U skilled Gamers, 

STOP SMOKING, Vaping, ect. 

The word is that a rib bone becomes like a piece of wet toast.

So you break it n it doesnt crack apart, it bends, it becomes 'mush' .

As I have said in the past When I get Pushed I tend to push back.

So I'm gonna Fight, stay active irl, I might play some but i cant sit here 

too long cuz the ribs make it hard to keyboard

sinking-salute.gif

I may not know you well, but i hope you go out in a ball of flame

15 hours ago, Gateron said:

TLDR: Community wants to remove anything resembling fun and it has to be the tryhard dry meta for another decade  

the dry meta is a result of several factors. like the car gameplay meta... which is cancer. that will require more fixes like you should NOT be able to exit your vehicle at top speed and be full hp with ur gun out immediately to TTK some kid. there has to be a compromise somewhere there.

but car surfer in particular i think is just complete cringe aside from using it to reach cool roof spots.

Edited by FakeBungo

10 hours ago, FakeBungo said:

like you should NOT be able to exit your vehicle at top speed and be full hp with ur gun out immediately to TTK some kid.

Agreed, there should be minimal speed to get out, and or a health and stamina penalty, like you would tumble n get hurt if you got out a moving car irl.

Even at slower speeds you're not gonna just be standing in a solid stance instantly, there would be inertia on your body and your weapon, and you wouldn't 

just perfect aim n Glass the opponent instantly.

It is really just a noob stomper mod that trivializes the whole game. Idk who thought it was a good idea. At least back then the explosives were only rentals. 

APB would be a lot better with more players who just play the game for fun, rather than argues about everything which should be nerfed here and there...

You got nuked by OSMAW-chopper and got offended? Send your victim-post to apb noreply.com 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Heal said:

APB would be a lot better with more players who just play the game for fun, rather than argues about everything which should be nerfed here and there...

You got nuked by OSMAW-chopper and got offended? Send your victim-post to apb noreply.com 

idk about you but whenever someone says they play this or any other game that got dumbed down to pvp only or just PVP for fun, they are 100% lying 

Edited by Bruhd101

On 11/2/2023 at 4:14 PM, PotatoeGirl said:

It is really just a noob stomper mod that trivializes the whole game. Idk who thought it was a good idea. At least back then the explosives were only rentals. 

yeah that is a very good way of putting it

Merged.

On 11/2/2023 at 11:38 PM, Bruhd101 said:

idk about you but whenever someone says they play this or any other game that got dumbed down to pvp only or just PVP for fun, they are 100% lying 

apb has always been a pvp game, no idea what you are referring to here

On 11/4/2023 at 1:35 AM, FakeBungo said:

yeah that is a very good way of putting it

Merged.

apb has always been a pvp game, no idea what you are referring to here

Ok... What I meant to say is  "dumbed down just the generic PVP shooter objectives", compared to a random group jumping some dudes with P5/N5 camping and pub stomping some team of mid and low level randoms, years ago 

10 hours ago, Bruhd101 said:

Ok... What I meant to say is  "dumbed down just the generic PVP shooter objectives", compared to a random group jumping some dudes with P5/N5 camping and pub stomping some team of mid and low level randoms, years ago 

the most fun in apb was when you got p5/n5 just as you finished the mission, and then you can go straight to the enemy contact and try to farm as many ppl you can before dying. or camp rooftops, or drive around trying to survive.

so yeah i understand that 100%. p5/n5 is one of the unique features of the game, that makes it more than just team vs team and actually makes the district feel alive.