52 minutes ago, MattScott said:

We're listening.

Matchmaking is getting a complete overhaul right now. We've done two community tests so far.

Well that's something I'm rejoiced to hear.

I'm eager for this release now.

Much thanks for the reply though. 

Jogo apb faz uns par de anos eu amo apb vejo a empresa não ligando realmente a pessoas usarem  macro sim isso acaba com novos jogadores e muitas pessoas passam raiva por causa deles ,sim não e só um hacker  eles entram em grupo para joga usando armas que eu realmente acho que deveriam ser nerfadas como obey entre outras as pessoas novas no game estão caindo em mathmakes contra patentes máximas pois eu joguei de criminal cai contra um cara level 56 por aí mesmo que caia 2 vs 1 ainda ica ilegível isso né gente pela segunda ou terceira vez em muito tempo voltei a joga apb mas me deparo com os mesmos player jogando de macro e ainda zoando como ganha eu realmente acho bom voces da uma olhada nesse launcher modificado  o jogo deles passa por alguma verificação ? Pois era esse meu desabafo e outra por favor hahahahah põe logo os kit do miragem 

Version inglish 

I've been playing apb for a couple of years, I love the game, I see the company doesn't really care about people using macros. I really think they should be nerfed like obey, among others, people new to the game are falling for mathmakes against maximum ranks because I played criminal, I fall against a level 56 guy out there, even if I fall 2 vs 1, it's still unreadable, right, folks, for the second time or the third time in a long time I'm back to playing apb but I come across the same players playing macro and still making fun of how they win. I really think it's good, you guys take a look at this modified launcher. Does their game undergo any verification?  That was my rant and another please hahahahah put the mirage kits in soon

1 minute ago, Maethiron said:

Well that's something I'm rejoiced to hear.

I'm eager for this release now.

Much thanks for the reply though. 

They take a year to release a vehicle. Textures are broken, and no police lights, the most basic thing all other vehicles have. In the same patch, they manage to break VIP and witnessing.

The two tests of the new matchmaking system, were useless at best. Little Orbit disabled most of the features. You really think it's going to work?

4 hours ago, BlatMan said:

They take a year to release a vehicle. Textures are broken, and no police lights, the most basic thing all other vehicles have. In the same patch, they manage to break VIP and witnessing.

The two tests of the new matchmaking system, were useless at best. Little Orbit disabled most of the features. You really think it's going to work?

Well I didn't know about that. 

I've just arrived after a very long "break" and found this thread.

Guess I'll go on another "break" though.

Given the rampant serial cheater problem - I don't see changes to the matchmaking being at all helpful. Experienced players will just be put against the same cheater squads over and over again until they decide to once again go on a hiatus and play other games. You've got the same players who have been cheating on this game for years under many different aliases - and some even on their old aliases after the mass unban upon switching anti-cheats. In all my years I've never met anyone whos been falsely banned by an anti-cheat.

Changes to incorporate more skill based matchmaking really feels like putting the cart before the horse. If you can't improve the anti-cheat to ensure fair play - you'll just end up ruining the gameplay experience for veteran players.

PS. I miss ban broadcasts. At least you'd know the loudmouth's were full of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kriosasacil said:

Given the rampant serial cheater problem - I don't see changes to the matchmaking being at all helpful. Experienced players will just be put against the same cheater squads over and over again until they decide to once again go on a hiatus and play other games. You've got the same players who have been cheating on this game for years under many different aliases - and some even on their old aliases after the mass unban upon switching anti-cheats. In all my years I've never met anyone whos been falsely banned by an anti-cheat.

Changes to incorporate more skill based matchmaking really feels like putting the cart before the horse. If you can't improve the anti-cheat to ensure fair play - you'll just end up ruining the gameplay experience for veteran players.

PS. I miss ban broadcasts. At least you'd know the loudmouth's were full of it.

For APB to survive, LO needs to wage an all out war againts cheaters. 

If they don't, the game will fall. Good matchmaking does not mean much when you get repeatedly curbstomped into quitting.

I do hope that the new matchmaking takes into account stuff like accuracy, precision and other factors. So if a player is deemed "too good" he will be matched againts others who are "too good"

These players who are god tier will be closed off into their own little matchmaking pool, away from the majority playerbase. 

I don't see any other way.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

I do hope that the new matchmaking takes into account stuff like accuracy, precision and other factors. So if a player is deemed "too good" he will be matched againts others who are "too good"

To this point.

I personally believe there is a big issue with recognizing cheaters among veterans. A good start would be to provide both players with on-screen feedback regarding their performance in the skirmishes. Metrics like accuracy percentage, shots fired, damage dealt/recieved. These stats would help identifying patterns. Most cheaters would stand out like a sore thumb. That would mean more informed reports instead of the current "culture of calling everyone a cheater".

Debloat the game from useless false-positive reports and maybe combating cheaters will go smoother.

Very good points. I thing both things should be done: Massive Cheater bans based on IP address and a new matchmaking system will make this game come back to it's former glory. 

Until this is done, I'm in on a new Hiatus

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Nickolai said:

If they don't, the game will fall. Good matchmaking does not mean much when you get repeatedly curbstomped into quitting.

Good matchmaking will mean that your average player will no longer come to the forums complaining about the amount of cheaters when the actual issue isn't that the players are cheating but rather the fact that they are playing against players that are WAY out of their league. There's a lot of insanely good players that still play the game daily, of course your average gold will think that someone is cheating because it is essentially the equivalent of matching a few Master Guardian CS players against actual CS Pros without telling them which will of course lead to the Master Guardian players thinking their opponents are cheating.

That doesn't mean there are no cheaters, just not nearly as many as your average/new player wants you to believe there are.

23 minutes ago, Maethiron said:

Massive Cheater bans based on IP address

This is already done as its common practice with every anti-cheat on the market, same goes for Hardware ID bans, these however are very easy to get around for just about any cheater as the cheats will provide you with the means to spoof your IP/HWID.

Edited by Frosi

2 hours ago, Frosi said:

Good matchmaking will mean that your average player will no longer come to the forums complaining about the amount of cheaters when the actual issue isn't that the players are cheating but rather the fact that they are playing against players that are WAY out of their league.

Sorry Frosi but that is wrong to say and that comment is 5 years out of date. I am currently in a clan with cheaters. The leader of the clan got fed up with cheating and approached a certain French streamer who uses cheats, now he is using cheats. Cheaters are in 90% of games. The reason that percentage is so high is because a lot of the good players have left and the population is in decline, whilst cheaters are staying around.

Some people stream and cheat blatant every week with r255 you all know the names of this players. Apb had never that high % Cheater in Cumunity because LO do nothing for the legit player so they Leave game and only the cheater stay in the game. For cheater LO did much No Bans, Unban all acconts, they Deleate Bronze Server.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

-snip-

Cheating is certainly an issue and I agree that cheating will only further make people cheat and its going to drive the legitimate players away over time, however, either the majority of these "cheaters" are complete garbage or my experience is simply different from other peoples because whilst I do encounter cheaters, usually one or two over a 4-6 hours session it is still not NEARLY as many people try to make it out to be. I really do think its just a long chain of people hackusating those that are better than them so the opinion of top players generally tends to differ cause they aren't going to hackusate someone cause very few are good enough to completely wipe the floor with them and those that can are generally long term players they know are unlikely to start cheating and are simply having a good game of being in the right spot at the right time due to game sense or other good call-outs, maybe even by complete coincidence.

Ask any top player how many hackusations they get every time they play the game, I get like a hand full to a dozen every session and I'm sure there's players that get even more when they themselves know for a fact they aren't cheating.

Hackusations are a form of venting/rage and APB is full of moments that would make players want to rage or complain to get things off their chest but saying the majority of players are cheaters is absolute nonsense and I feel like a lot of it comes from the fact that APB is a hard game to learn and get into, let alone improve and a lot of human characteristics make us want to blame other things before blaming ourselves for things, in games like APB, one of those ways to put the blame on someone else is claiming they are cheating when they might just be better or having a good game and I guarantee you it will happen a lot less once your average gold/silver player is no longer matched against some of the best in the game as frequently as they are now.

Edited by Frosi

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Y2Venom said:

Sorry Frosi but that is wrong to say and that comment is 5 years out of date. I am currently in a clan with cheaters. The leader of the clan got fed up with cheating and approached a certain French streamer who uses cheats, now he is using cheats. Cheaters are in 90% of games. The reason that percentage is so high is because a lot of the good players have left and the population is in decline, whilst cheaters are staying around.

congrats dud, you're part of the problem

Edited by Kiida
  • Thanks 1

Taking as valid the point highlighted by Frosi, that good players who play frequently are unfairly accused of being cheaters just because they are good or because they are "in the right place at the right time":

22 hours ago, Frosi said:

I really do think its just a long chain of people hackusating those that are better than them so the opinion of top players generally tends to differ cause they aren't going to hackusate someone cause very few are good enough to completely wipe the floor with them and those that can are generally long term players they know are unlikely to start cheating and are simply having a good game of being in the right spot at the right time due to game sense or other good call-outs, maybe even by complete coincidence.

We need to think of a way to end this. After all, no one likes to be unfairly accused of being a cheater after spending so many hours of their life dedicating themselves to a game and improving their skills, right?

Frosi himself, who admits he is not a cheater, is unfairly accused just for being good and getting into matches with players who are below his level and end up being humiliated for his skill and, as an escape valve, for not assuming that they are not as good as Frosi, they falsely accuse him and many others.

We need to think of a way to put an end to this. After all, no one likes to be unfairly accused of being a cheater after spending so many hours of their life dedicating themselves to a game and improving their skills, right?

22 hours ago, Frosi said:

Hackusations are a form of venting/rage and APB is full of moments that would make players want to rage or complain to get things off their chest[...]

Well, an interesting way to deal with this is to fix the matchmaking system where players who have the same level (Rank) will play against each other. Therefore, bronze plays with Bronze, Silver with Silver and so on.

This will mitigate complaints from guys who accuse other players who are better than them of being cheaters. In the end, if you put players on the same level to play together, the accusation of being a cheater will have less value than putting a guy who has just created an account/character to face a guy who has been playing every day since 2011.

But let's be honest, a guy who is very good and plays every day doesn't want to play against others at the same level as him. Well, it's easier for Gold to fall into a room full of bronze, wipe the floor with their faces, come out full of rewards and improve their K/D ratio. It is worth remembering that people with this mentality, combined with the constant number of cheaters as mentioned by Y2Venom:

22 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

I am currently in a clan with cheaters. The leader of the clan got fed up with cheating and approached a certain French streamer who uses cheats, now he is using cheats. Cheaters are in 90% of games.

It has been causing exactly what Y2Venom himself said:

22 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

The reason that percentage is so high is because a lot of the good players have left and the population is in decline, whilst cheaters are staying around.

In other words, because these players (I'm not saying this is your case, Frosi) are in a comfort zone, massacring noobs and earning lots of rewards, which is why they have made the game reach the levels it is at today:  With high-level players dedicating most of their time to playing (there's nothing wrong with this), cheaters having to resort to various dishonest ways of grinding, and having fewer and fewer new players because all newbies realize that they will either need to stop living their lives to live in function of the game to become good or they will have to use suspicious programs to be able to have a minimum amount of fun.

Therefore, speaking for myself, I don't want this great game to have only Cheaters, as said by Y2Venom, nor only with pro-players like Frosi. I'm a casual player, I don't have  contidions to dedicate 8-12 hours a day playing to get to the point where I become so good to the point to be falsely accused of being a cheater, nor do I want to be forced to use a hack because the server it only has these two extremes.

I understand the points highlighted by everyone, but in the end, a balancing system in the matches, which pits proplayers vs proplayers and noobs vs noobs (which is my case) will solve both things:

1. Make it easier to detect Cheaters: After all, no cheater will stay in Bronze forever. Every cheater will have a completely artificial rank increase, apart from the other signs that can be monitored and have already been mentioned in this thread (Rate of fire with sidearms, hit rate, shooting accuracy, etc.).

2. Make the game a little more friendly and attractive to novice players: Having newbies play against newbies will show noobs that they don't need to worry about facing a guy who is addicted to the game and therefore they will be able to play more calmly and enjoy the game more, thus reducing rage quits and the number of threads on forums claiming that the game is full of cheaters and totally unbalanced.

I'm Brazilian, I remember that in 2013-2014 the game was popular here in Brazil, many people played it and there were several videos on YouTube talking about the game. However, currently, when searching for APB on YouTube in Brazil, more than half of the content will be YouTubers saying that it is not worth going back because the game is not friendly or balanced at all. The other part will be players who use cheats to gain an advantage.

Despite being a casual player, I want to invest in the game by buying some cosmetics to "beautify" my character, but I feel unmotivated by the fact that I started playing again today and I've already fallen in about 4 matches against gold guys using bazookas and I couldn't fire a single shot while they have a hit rate of over 90%.

Life is already too unfair, what's the point in keeping the game unfair? Isn’t the devs’ intention to bring fun and joy to users?

I'm sorry for my English and if I extended too much. I end my text with the words of Obi-Wan Kenobi adapted for our scenario: It was said that you would destroy the cheaters, not strengthen them! Bring balance to the game, not leave it in darkness!

Merged.

Just for you guys to have a hint about what i'm talking about, here is two consecutive mathces i've had today: 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3129139355

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3129141034

Me, a bronze against gold players. That's tottaly unfair. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maethiron said:

Just for you guys to have a hint about what i'm talking about, here is two consecutive mathces i've had today: 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3129139355

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3129141034

Me, a bronze against gold players. That's tottaly unfair. 

That's always going to be a problem. If PUBG couldn't do fair matchmaking with 200K players online, APB isn't going to be able to with less than 1k. If we had voip working I think the average skill will go up significantly. Randoms will be able to quickly communicate.

13 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

I am currently in a clan with cheaters.

You know what they call 2 guys hanging out with a nazi? 
3 nazis 

bro why would you tell us this? Just to get people to dislike you? 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

3 nazis

So american bankers are Nazi too for having financed the nazism and conflicts in other nations for years ? So we have to considers american citizien nazi or terrorists too for that fact?

I dont think so, SO  for the same reason you cant consider @Y2Venom a cheater automatically.

Please stop making analogy with dumb4ss examples, you ignorant fool... especially when you are biased hypocrit as always.

it's Funny with your words,  Indirectly you're pratically confirming the Anticheat doesnt work and have a lot of lacks, despite saying the opposite all the time.

Edited by PingOVER9000
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Frosi said:

This is already done as its common practice with every anti-cheat on the market, same goes for Hardware ID bans, these however are very easy to get around for just about any cheater as the cheats will provide you with the means to spoof your IP/HWID.

No legitimate anti-cheat uses IP bans in this day and age, what're you smoking? Dynamic IP address assignment (the standard for internet service) means you can just cycle your router and get a new IP. For the same reason, IP bans result in banning completely innocent people, because ISPs just recycle the same addresses on a rotation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

3 nazis 

bro why would you tell us this? Just to get people to dislike you? 

Bruh brought Nazis outta nowhere. 

Wild 💀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maethiron said:

Bruh brought Nazis outta nowhere. 

Wild 💀

Funny how the forums are more exciting then the game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CHRISCEO said:

Funny how the forums are more exciting then the game.

Now you've spoken facts bro. They're even more populated than NA servers also.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 11:43 AM, MattScott said:

We're listening.

Matchmaking is getting a complete overhaul right now. We've done two community tests so far.

Right the furries are on it!

5 hours ago, Nocolor said:

Right the furries are on it!

You joke but without furries the whole internet goes down. 

• Like 1

it's all disgusting and increasingly full of hacks that you can't even handle, you play against hacks, not against normal people and it's a good thing if this server fails, it's disgusting

On 1/2/2024 at 9:22 AM, PingOVER9000 said:

So american bankers are Nazi too for having financed the nazism and conflicts in other nations for years ? So we have to considers american citizien nazi or terrorists too for that fact?

I dont think so, SO  for the same reason you cant consider @Y2Venom a cheater automatically.

Please stop making analogy with dumb4ss examples, you ignorant fool... especially when you are biased hypocrit as always.

it's Funny with your words,  Indirectly you're pratically confirming the Anticheat doesnt work and have a lot of lacks, despite saying the opposite all the time.

You misunderstand. Im not calling anyone a nazi, Im making the point that who you hang out with reflects on you.