Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The game needs matchmaking that selects from the pool of all players. As it is right now even if you fix rating that still doesn't solve the problem of the system only having a pool of 40 players to select from. We need phasing technology similar to how destiny 2 implements it.

 

Also you are too optimistic if you think all players have infinite skill ceilings. Some people just aren't as good, and that's that. People have peaks.

Edited by Spudinskes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

 

aaaaah yes, it sucks to be trapped in the "non-belongingness" of apb, too good for bronze, too bad for silver

 

that said, untill they fix the matchmaking system, you only have 2 ways to go: you eather beacome a dethreater and beacome a bronze district gold, or you suck it up and beacome a silver district silver. ("bronze district gold" and "silver district silver"; because it seems that both bronze district and silver district uses diferent standars to say who is a gold and who is a silver. generally speaking, golds from the bronze district will have equal or less skill than seasoned silvers from the silver district -enfasis on seasoned-)

 

if you decide to continue your adventure into the silver district, let me give you a couple of tips on how to get better. some of these might look like tips for newbies, but i've seen lots of people not remembering the basics:

 

-be concious of the radar: if you shoot, or if you drive, you're showing up on the enemy's radar. same for your enemies. so dont just park your car next to the door leading to the objective and be sourpriced when all the enemy team was aiming down at the entrance door.

 

-be concious of your surroundings: dont get tunnel vision, look arroudn

 

-be concious of your team: your team can be eather cannon fodder(you sacrifice them to hurt your enemies so you can finish them off), distraction(you flank while they fight), or teammates (you fight along them), but you have to be concious of your team. just spawning and running towards the enemy alone makes YOU the cannonfodder, so wait for your team, and be concious of what the heck they are doing. do not push alone.

 

-do intel: use your 3rd person view to watch arround the corners, rushing without knowing where the enemy is or what they are doing can be... bad for your health

 

-do positioning: if you know where your enemy is, think on where to position yourself to get the best advantage.

 

-do not shoot without cover: if you're not behind cover, dont shoot your enemies. you complain that they can kill you pretty fast, well, if you're behind cover, using Q and E, some bullets will get sucked by the cover, giving you a couple of milisecond extra. valuable miliseconds.

 

-not everything is shooting skills: you'll improve a lot just by following "do intel", "do positioning" and "do not shoot without cover". gunning, you'll learn with practice

 

-ask yourself what you could have done diferent when you die: dont let frustration take your soul - analize the situation, ask yourself what you did wrong, what other options you had.

 

-find a good clan: if you can. if your clan is communicative and focus on improving, it can be beneficial.

 

everything else, will come with experience and practice.

 

good luck getting out as a silver district gold, or staying as a bronze district gold. choise is yours!

 

 

 

havent we already talked a lot about how rank is not a good skill level indicator and how forcing players into a district almost killed the game?

 

Polar-bears-Play.jpg

Thank you for reminding me of these things, I will most definitely keep them in mind, and you're right I do have some moments where I just rush without actually know where my enemy is and it gets me killed immediately. I also tend to rush in without my squad and that mostly ends two ways, either me getting 1 kill, 2 kills or absolutely sprayed to valhalla. I don't get frustrated really, It's a bad habit and affects my gameplay so I kind of got rid of the whole frustration or raging in a game.

4 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Okay, and remember, your days are counted dethreater. You cant just keep doing "well" (ridiculous excuse) and get stagnant in the same threat to enjoy yourself.

I'm not a dethreater though? I'm a gold threat player, I have never even tried to dethread for the sole purpose of killing bronze players.

8 minutes ago, Songbearer said:

I was a gold player before I finished playing in 2014 or so, then after coming back got my arse kicked so hard by people playing for all that time in silver districts I dethreated to silver. Since most of my friends were silver beforehand, I stuck to bronze districts and - lo and behold - with those matchups, wins felt achievable.

 

If I go HVR and can communicate with my team, I can almost hang in silver districts. The thing is, the matchups have such huge skill differences the matches simply aren't fun. It's the difference between getting in a bar-room brawl after a drunken night out vs trying to take out a black belt in karate. You might be able to land a blow but you're going to get reamed - and it's simply not fun or rewarding. Yeah, git gud and all that, but for people who don't really have the time (Or years) to dedicate to ceaseless playing, going up against golds as an average player is all too often a one-sided stomp.

 

I don't encourage dethreating in order to stomp people who can't fight back, but for new or average players? I can definitely see the reasons why they do it. I think if you're a long-term player you owe it to yourselves to not go full tryhard if you are one of those people with competency in the game who choose to play in bronze instances - use weapons you're unfamiliar with or give the enemy a sporting chance - but I have a much better time in bronze with my friends than I do in silver.

 

I honestly think there needs to be a rating beyond gold for the super superb players who've really earned it, but as it currently stands I don't mind losing in Silver... but golds don't like having me around, my less dedicated friends don't like playing against them, and I just don't have the inclination to play that hard all day.

You honestly could've not explained it better at all, everything you say is just spot on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Okay, and remember, your days are counted dethreater. You cant just keep doing "well" (ridiculous excuse) and get stagnant in the same threat to enjoy yourself.

As someone who dethreats not to stomp but to keep having a good time with my less dedicated friends, I honestly yearn for the day where we don't have to keep up this ridiculous balancing act to ensure an enjoyable play session. I don't mind playing against equal opposition - in fact, I crave it and have plenty of recorded experiences of great, close matchups from playing exclusively in silver districts four years ago - but I'm not getting that from silver districts anymore. The sooner this sort of thing is over, the better - I genuinely don't want to shit on any new player's learning experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Songbearer said:

As someone who dethreats not to stomp but to keep having a good time with my less dedicated friends, I honestly yearn for the day where we don't have to keep up this ridiculous balancing act to ensure an enjoyable play session. I don't mind playing against equal opposition - in fact, I crave it and have plenty of recorded experiences of great, close matchups from playing exclusively in silver districts four years ago - but I'm not getting that from silver districts anymore. The sooner this sort of thing is over, the better - I genuinely don't want to shit on any new player's learning experience.

Okay, we need more players for THAT... but if you dethreat to go to a lower threat where you know there are players that are like zombies and you keep punishing them for your own enjoyment and make them quit the game for good you are obviously helping to the problem.

 

Dont bring the excuse "but im skilless i cant, i just cant..." stop being so pusillanimous.

Edited by Excalibur!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When i play with my friends i get to gold cause of communication and coordination. 

 

Then i play alone and i go back to silver cause of whole clans beating my patootie. 

 

As i said before, this game needs to diferenciate between a group and individuals tied together. There is a huge difference in tactical advantage, more than finding a guy with thousands of hours that knows all stuff about the game.

Edited by Zealocke
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

realistically no matter what they do with the threat system there will always be people on the border between threats

 

 

 

yeah, but this border is way too big.

 

its not a border created by skills, its a border created by district standards: 

 

in the bronze district he is too good to play

 

so the bronze district invites the silver district to drink some coffee, and while talking about life, bronze district goes something like "oh yeah, this guy... xFlame... he is REALLY good like a mad dog on meth. he just drops my other guys like crazy, you should totally match him up against the best of the best you have".

 

and then silver district is like "dang, this guy is going to kill my game if i just let him run amok. here, have a match with some players with 3000+ hours in the game, in a premade, communicated, and 3rd position in the apb tournament for pro swag 360 noscope players...and have a silver as a companion, that should be balanced."

 

and lets not start talking about whats going to happend when he gets dropped to silver, only to find out that the whole district is gold, or how the matchamking system seems colorblind at times.

 

no matter what, there is always going to be people on the border of the threats, but we can do something to thin the border, instead of being in the border between noobs and global elites.

 

about-us-00473-54520.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Zealocke said:

When i play with my friends i get to gold cause of communication and coordination. 

 

Then i play alone and i go back to silver cause of whole clans beating my patootie. 

 

As i said before, this game needs to diferenciate between a group and individuals tied together. There is a huge difference in tactical advantage, more than finding a guy with thousands of hours that knows all stuff about the game.

Maybe social skills are related to threat too?

cf4e401a50beee2f4c549e005e58de5c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

 

yeah, but this border is way too big.

 

its not a border created by skills, its a border created by district standards: 

 

in the bronze district he is too good to play

 

so the bronze district invites the silver district to drink some coffee, and while talking about life, bronze district goes something like "oh yeah, this guy... xFlame... he is REALLY good like a mad dog on meth. he just drops my other guys like crazy, you should totally match him up against the best of the best you have".

 

and then silver district is like "dang, this guy is going to kill my game if i just let him run amok. here, have a match with some players with 3000+ hours in the game, in a premade, communicated, and 3rd position in the apb tournament for pro swag 360 noscope players...and have a silver as a companion, that should be balanced."

 

and lets not start talking about whats going to happend when he gets dropped to silver, only to find out that the whole district is gold, or how the matchamking system seems colorblind at times.

 

no matter what, there is always going to be people on the border of the threats, but we can do something to thin the border, instead of being in the border between noobs and global elites.

 

about-us-00473-54520.jpg

I love how you just add pictures of polar bears, they lighten the situation XD

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Maybe social skills are related to threat too?

cf4e401a50beee2f4c549e005e58de5c

Nope. People just wanders and try to be rambos most of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Communication is a huge part of the game believe it or not, even good players will be absolutely destroyed if you successfully flank them from multiple directions. 
If you can't beat top players with your raw skill alone, use your brain to outplay them, think before you act. Team up with people that can communicate with you. If not that, then you have fightclub... practice makes it perfect. If you want to improve your raw skill, fightclub is where you should spend most of your time, then do missions in a normal district to build up your game sense.

Watching other people play is also a good learning experience, most of the experience i got when i first started was watching players like Dopefish and Kempington stream live. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

 

havent we already talked a lot about how rank is not a good skill level indicator and how forcing players into a district almost killed the game?

 

*racist bears*

Maybe not now, but before it was. Now threat is made to get you to gold pretty easy so everyone is the same, and people still struggling to get and maintain it... there are people playing with feets and console controllers that literally keep their gold. You know these people are the ones ruinning the game because they need constantly attention and care and balance for them to play the game properly, yet they keep failing no matter what.

 

Stop acting it up and quit the veil from your eyes, before everyone tried to get to gold and be well compensated and enjoy the game in another level...

 

5b00635411d6c.image.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Maybe not now, but before it was. Now threat is made to get you to gold pretty easy so everyone is the same, and people still struggling to get and maintain it... there are people playing with feets and console controllers that literally keep their gold. You know these people are the ones ruinning the game because they need constantly attention and care and balance for them to play the game properly, yet they keep failing no matter what.

 

Stop acting it up and quit the veil from your eyes, before everyone tried to get to gold and be well compensated and enjoy the game in another level...

 

 

 

you cant see white without thinking on racist? nice! that means you finally left the weapons school and got to california i guess. are the lyrics of your song still the same?

 

 

out of joke, i have no idea what you're talking about. nothing you said contradicted anything i said or made a point about why ranks 80-100 should be locked out of bronze.

 

Polar_Bear_0319_-_23-11-06.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

 

you cant see white without thinking on racist? nice! that means you finally left the weapons school and got to california i guess. are the lyrics of your song still the same?

 

 

out of joke, i have no idea what you're talking about. nothing you said contradicted anything i said or made a point about why ranks 80-100 should be locked out of bronze.

 

*hail bears*

 

Okay, if you dont get what im talking about why should i bother to answer you?

 

How is a rank 80-100 better than a starter or someone who is just learning the game? How is a rank 80-100 who unlocked new weapons to adjust to their playstyle be better than a starter? What a questions...

 

AlaskaZooBearCubs-02.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Okay, if you dont get what im talking about why should i bother to answer you?

 

How is a rank 80-100 better than a starter or someone who is just learning the game? How is a rank 80-100 who unlocked new weapons to adjust to their playstyle be better than a starter? What a questions...

 

AlaskaZooBearCubs-02.jpg

 

Just like Polar said, you make no sense at all, just like you're not making any sense right now. A level 100 player is obviously going to be better than a fresh player. My main is level 115, and I would literally destroy someone that's new to the game with my current "Skills" and weapons in this game. Are you just acting very unintelligent or are you just trying to troll us. Because this might be one of the stupidest and weirdest ways to do it. Either way it's working though. I wonder if you have any idea what you're saying yourself.

Edited by xFlame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Okay, if you dont get what im talking about why should i bother to answer you?

 

How is a rank 80-100 better than a starter or someone who is just learning the game? How is a rank 80-100 who unlocked new weapons to adjust to their playstyle be better than a starter? What a questions...

 

 

 

how is a rank 80-100 ready to face max ranks with thousands of hours into the game in the silver district?

 

the lack of a middle ground between bronze district and silver district is the thing i've been complaining for years. but atm, just locking them out of the bronze district might do as much harm as locking golds in the gold district did. 

 

Polar+Bear+pictures.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, xFlame said:

Just like Polar said, you make no sense at all, just like you're not making any sense right now. A level 100 player is obviously going to be better than a fresh player. My main is level 115, and I would literally destroy someone that's new to the game with my current "Skills" and weapons in this game. Are you just acting very unintelligent or are you just trying to troll us. Because this might be one of the stupidest and weirdest ways to do it. Either way it's working though.

No, i want you to stop stomping news and start progressing in the game. Really simple.

 

There is no level in this game.

 

7 minutes ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

 

how is a rank 80-100 ready to face max ranks with thousands of hours into the game in the silver district?

 

the lack of a middle ground between bronze district and silver district is the thing i've been complaining for years. but atm, just locking them out of the bronze district might do as much harm as locking golds in the gold district did. 

 

 

*aryan bear*

Thats why you need new players and stop rekting newcomers so there are more players to play at your same level? See how suddenly things start making sense?

 

How do you play against max golds? Easy, just play the game and learn. At that rank i just wanted to face better oponents with 300+ ping and it didnt stop me.

NHBB062.jpg

Edited by Excalibur!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pure hidden MMR and match make based on that, hidden buff for lower side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

No, i want you to stop stomping news and start progressing in the game. Really simple.

 

There is no level in this game.

http://prntscr.com/jvtlhy

5 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

No, i want you to stop stomping news and start progressing in the game. Really simple.

 

There is no level in this game.

 

Thats why you need new players and stop rekting newcomers so there are more players to play at your same level? See how suddenly things start making sense?

 

How do you play against max golds? Easy, just play the game and learn. At that rank i just wanted to face better oponents with 300+ ping and it didnt stop me.

Jesus christ, 300+ ping. I have a reason why they couldn't stop you.

Edited by xFlame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Excalibur! said:

Keep acting the stupid... stop being scared to play a game or just move on. Probably if you leave another 10 starters are able to enjoy the game.

I don't want to blame your English, because you're obviously trying.. But wtf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, xFlame said:

http://prntscr.com/jvtlhy

Jesus christ, 300+ ping. I have a reason why they couldn't stop you.

How do you know with rank 115? Maybe you are a dethreater? They killed me almost allways instantly, while i couldnt land a lot of bullets.

You are just trolling with this thread but its only exposing a lot of rott that prevents new people to join us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

No, i want you to stop stomping news and start progressing in the game. Really simple.

 

There is no level in this game.

 

Thats why you need new players and stop rekting newcomers so there are more players to play at your same level? See how suddenly things start making sense?

 

How do you play against max golds? Easy, just play the game and learn. At that rank i just wanted to face better oponents with 300+ ping and it didnt stop me.

 

 

just for the record: i know you're just trolling, but somebody might actually follow this disccusion and take everything seriously, so i'll follow up:

 

you're talking like if there are only 2 ranks: noob and pro. if you're not a noob, you're a pro. thats not how it works. put ranks 80-100 in silver district, see them getting stomped and quitting the game. now the game has no players and its dead. thats what happened with golds locked in golds district, thats what will happend with ranks 80-100 locked in silver district (lets remember gold district might as well not exist atm).

 

if you're a hardcore gamer that likes to learn from getting stomped (dont judge you - i didt that to get out of the non-belongingness of apb) great for you - but most players will quit the game.

 

you might be thinkin "we dont need them! those weaklings can quit the game if they dont like it!", i would be on board if we could afford the loss of players.

 

we cant afford a massive loss of players. the playerbase is already pretty unhealthy 

 

polar-bear-on-the-ice_8592538894_o-1400x

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

How do you know with rank 115? Maybe you are a dethreater? They killed me almost allways instantly, while i couldnt land a lot of bullets.

You are just trolling with this thread but its only exposing a lot of rott that prevents new people to join us.

How do I know? because I get fucked to death by other gold players and I lose my gold rank and become silver. And as soon as I become silver I join a bronze district in which I can fight players that have just joined the game. And they basically can't do anything against me and I'm like God to them. now I'm not going to reply to you anymore because you're literally one of the most illiterate, annoying and trolling person I have ever spoken with.

Edited by xFlame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

 

just for the record: i know you're just trolling, but somebody might actually follow this disccusion and take everything seriously, so i'll follow up:

 

you're talking like if there are only 2 ranks: noob and pro. if you're not a noob, you're a pro. thats not how it works. put ranks 80-100 in silver district, see them getting stomped and quitting the game. now the game has no players and its dead. thats what happened with golds locked in golds district, thats what will happend with ranks 80-100 locked in silver district (lets remember gold district might as well not exist atm).

 

if you're a hardcore gamer that likes to learn from getting stomped (dont judge you - i didt that to get out of the non-belongingness of apb) great for you - but most players will quit the game.

 

you might be thinkin "we dont need them! those weaklings can quit the game if they dont like it!", i would be on board if we could afford the loss of players.

 

we cant afford a massive loss of players. the playerbase is already pretty unhealthy 

 

polar-bear-on-the-ice_8592538894_o-1400x

 

 

No, there is learning the basics and launching to play. Right now is like this.

And stop saying there are not middle players, there are. Ive been in action district and there are plenty of silvers fighting anyone like champs, even some listen to what you say and try to improve themselves. We need more of those players and not the ones that just cry "omg a gold, i need to go back to bronze to kill zombies".

 

TH-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "git gud" argument can only get you so much. If you git good with the game broken doesnt mean other new players should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...