Jump to content
HakanOnuR

About Config and Macro usage

Recommended Posts

Players put additional files in Game Files (3. party usage) by changing game files under the name config, they ruin players ' game tastes. They're demoralizing us.

Looking at the rules of Little Orbit and APB Reloaded, while any changes to game files are the reason for the permanent ban, Why are these players not banned in any way? On the contrary, they show it live on youtube and via twitch. They continue to ruin our Casual Pleasure and are not banned in any way, why...


Using Config or adding to game files is the reason why it is permanently banned. If I'm wrong, can an official explain? Why is it allowed?

In the same way, I think Macro use should be strictly prohibited.


I'm looking forward to your opinion on the matter, Sincerely Yours.


I'm sorry if I made a mistake writing in English.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Advanced Launcher has been allowed by LO: (which directly changes TEXT based files)

 

Macro's however are 3rd party tool assisted, they are not allowed.

 

Why do we use configs? Performance. Stutters might be decreased and framerates (not much) might be increased or improved when we lower the graphics. We're essentially making the game easier to run by reducing the quality.

Edited by KyoukiDotExe
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HakanOnuR said:

Players put additional files in Game Files (3. party usage) by changing game files under the name config, they ruin players ' game tastes. They're demoralizing us.

Looking at the rules of Little Orbit and APB Reloaded, while any changes to game files are the reason for the permanent ban, Why are these players not banned in any way? On the contrary, they show it live on youtube and via twitch. They continue to ruin our Casual Pleasure and are not banned in any way, why...


Using Config or adding to game files is the reason why it is permanently banned. If I'm wrong, can an official explain? Why is it allowed?

In the same way, I think Macro use should be strictly prohibited.


I'm looking forward to your opinion on the matter, Sincerely Yours.


I'm sorry if I made a mistake writing in English.

becuase name and shame = mute and "i will put action agaisnt your account", and hacking infront of everyone = good boy spend more money on the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

becuase name and shame = mute and "i will put action agaisnt your account", and hacking infront of everyone = good boy spend more money on the game.

That's bullshoot. Certain configurations are allowed and approved by little orbit for people to make their game work at least a little better. You also have people that just wanna have a better performance but even then, why is it a bad thing if everyone is allowed to do that? 

 

Cheating is not allowed and nowhere encouraged by Little Orbit probably just by the typical hacker collectives flexing with their crap on their youtube channels.

How about critizising them instead of Little Orbit or others?

 

Name and shame is sometimes a little bit to far spread out across it's meaning but in the core it basicaly means that people shouldnt point at others and accuse them of something that hasn't been proved. Something that lot's of people don't understand but hey why understanding it when it doesnt affect them or close friends?

 

I hope i was able to explain why the statement of yours is just wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok ban the rest of the config users and enjoy ur 30 pop game 😄

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i can see why people are complaining, if you look ( video disclaimer: i have just pulled out some random videos from youtube ) 
It actually make you question if its okay to have the game run like this, the fact that you have to fish for the configs hints its not wasn't the intention to have it like that in the first place.
 



Some of you may remember, battlefield had the same issue where people used basic like setting to actually gain advantage which it kinda is, you eliminate shadows or flashes, smokes, etc. that could otherwise disperse your focus. The argument that "the game runs poorly" is just a crutch people like to hold on to.
 

 

In the end, if the engine update ever comes out, this like this should be prohibited.

 

Merged.

 

On 1/10/2021 at 6:14 PM, iRawwwN said:

ok ban the rest of the config users and enjoy ur 30 pop game 😄


You dont know that, it could attract people back, people who had problems with this issue.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ysaline said:

Well i can see why people are complaining, if you look ( video disclaimer: i have just pulled out some random videos from youtube ) 
It actually make you question if its okay to have the game run like this, the fact that you have to fish for the configs hints its not wasn't the intention to have it like that in the first place.
 



Some of you may remember, battlefield had the same issue where people used basic like setting to actually gain advantage which it kinda is, you eliminate shadows or flashes, smokes, etc. that could otherwise disperse your focus. The argument that "the game runs poorly" is just a crutch people like to hold on to.
 

 

In the end, if the engine update ever comes out, this like this should be prohibited.

I believe they said it will be, as they will have better performance options in the UI by the EU. I have used the configs before on an old I3 laptop to help me play APB for a time. They do work, the biggest problem imo, is that while it helps people with bad performance, those who do not need it, with good enough computers to run on max AND stream, use the configs as well as they do tend to help gameplay wise. As smoke for example, is less cluttering on screen and you can see enemies easier through it. Only good thing is that sometimes they can't see fire and are prone to exploding vehicles just a tad bit more than others. But that "con" doesn't really outweight the benefit, and is why they made removing all fog/smoke bannable. (Especially after headless horseman from Halloween popped up and they discovered like half the playerbase using shader mods isnt effected by the ingame fog to make people harder to hit at distance elbeit shader mods are different, they still had their use in performance and visuals.)

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally classify something as a cheat if it falls under this criteria - "The item in question Automates/Plays aspects of the game for you or gives you a significant advantage over core gameplay".

Essentially, Aimbot/triggerbot/macros/Aim related cheats -  Automates Mouse mousements and mouse presses for you.

ESP/Wallhacks/SoundRadar - Automates gamesense and game knowledge for you.


The intent of configs is Quality of Life changes or enhancing performance and/or visuals.

For instance, UI Text edits (Medal name changes, Mission Desc changes etc), Changing sprint/duck from Hold to toggle , having a different loading screen , having a bind for abandonmission, etc. are merely for QOL and don't provide you with any type of advantages over core gameplay.
On the other hand we have config edits that significantly boost FPS and game performance as a whole, such as Radgoll Deletes, Fog Removal, Particle Removal/Decrease , Gun flash removal,etc.


HOWEVER, In the performance and visuals section of configs theres a couple that provide a Significant advantage over coregameplay.

For example, using Adv launcher to turn your game into clay (Much like the BFV Video posted above and the APB video) the visibility improvement and Player model standout is clearly and undeniably advantageous.  
I mean, when someone boasts about their I9 CPU + RTX Series card but still uses Clay Graphics its pretty obvious its for the advantage and not for the performance... Looking at you, APB streamers.

Another example is the Borderlands Outline Shader edit that effectively lets you see player models trough Bushes, Smokes, and trough the bugged locations where for some reason you can shoot trough "solid" meter wide walls or sometimes trough 10 meters of "solid" steel roofing.
 

And last but not least, while the Fog delete doesn't affect Normal district gameplay at all (Infact, it only lets the nameplate visible when someone is at ~95+ meters. while regular fog just "blends" their model in) it does provide a significant advantage in the 1-2 week long HH event on halloween.


This is all from personal experience with Using/Editing configs, so your mileage may vary.
Note : Im able to run APB on 4096 Res textures at 1080p at 100fps stable while using Performance Configs without performance configs I regularly dip into the 70s on a 4C 3.6Ghz CPU with a 1050ti +730 Gpu combo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RatedX said:

Another example is the Borderlands Outline Shader edit that effectively lets you see player models trough Bushes, Smokes, and trough the bugged locations where for some reason you can shoot trough "solid" meter wide walls or sometimes trough 10 meters of "solid" steel roofing.
 

 

Oh yea i remember, those were a great fun but i dont support it.

Screen-Shot00009.png

Edited by Ysaline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not quite sure what kind of advantages those configs give, I play crappy with or without them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bambola said:

I am not quite sure what kind of advantages those configs give, I play crappy with or without them. 

None, wierd flex 

playing on my crappy laptop with UHD and still manage to do smth 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ysaline said:

Oh yea i remember, those were a great fun but i dont support it.

Screen-Shot00009.png

I loved shader edits, even if you didnt touch the outline section, you were able to make the game much more vibrant.

 

9 hours ago, Bambola said:

I am not quite sure what kind of advantages those configs give, I play crappy with or without them. 

 

9 hours ago, wHisHi said:

None, wierd flex 

playing on my crappy laptop with UHD and still manage to do smth 

They only provide advantage in the headless horseman event, and when being grenaded (seeing through smoke, even outlines is an advantage). For better or for worse, the borderland ones were banned for good reason even if i liked em. It's a shame they banned all the ones that didn't screw with FOG/OUTLINES as well though....

Edited by Noob_Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Text and some visual changes are fine.
But some players remove fog, that should be a perm ban.

Also you can do a lot more shady stuff with configs how Rooq showed once.
 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 12:06 AM, Shui said:

Text and some visual changes are fine.
But some players remove fog, that should be a perm ban.

Also you can do a lot more shady stuff with configs how Rooq showed once.
 

 


Okay this statement makes no sense to me at all.

In your words "we should allow some changes but if someone change more: crosshairs, no smokes, range finders, those should be banned.

You do realise you either allow it or don't. There's no between , that's why we are divide on this topic in the first place.
 

Merged.

 

On 1/9/2021 at 6:44 PM, KyoukiDotExe said:

Advanced Launcher has been allowed by LO: (which directly changes TEXT based files)

 

 

 

Its sweet that the bearded man allows client changes, but to even the play-filed, these client changes we could see should be provided.

There should be a topic with the guide how to remove the smoke, how to add a range finder or the clay models.

We shouldn't have to fish for it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ysaline said:

There should be a topic with the guide how to remove the smoke, how to add a range finder or the clay models.

We shouldn't have to fish for it.

I mean, the installation process is very straight forward, just drag the modded files into the APB folder and its done.
Only issue you might get is finding out a config pack that has the things you want and/or like , if you go on a Clay Graphics APB streamer you'll most likely find a config pack in there somewhere, otherwise, Non-TOS forums are your best bet.
This is especially true for UI edits, but then again those are also pretty easy to modify yourself via NTP++.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most configs in APB don't give any significant advantage over other players. Its mostly performance based or convenience/quality of life features which should've been in the game from the very beginning. I was originally going to give an example with my own public APB config and list all the features it has but I figured that might be against forum rules.

 

The only configs which do give an advantage and I personally consider to be cheating are particle removals such as muzzle flash, explosions, smoke and fire. While its true that removing them greatly improves performance on any machine, it is also cheating as you gain much greater visibility than everyone else. Aiming without muzzle flash is 10x times easier than playing with it enabled. And then imagine a car exploding or a concussion nade blowing up and theres smoke everywhere, but for you there is no smoke so you can see everything and everyone perfectly clear and aim them down. Those are the only types of configs which give you an advantage and are cheating. Of course, its nothing like aimbot or wallhack but its still a big enough deal in a lot of situations.

 

Also, shaders are bannable in APB if reported with evidence (due to what was showcased by rooq in that video), however, crosshair overlay programs are allowed 100%. I have checked and confirmed this personally with the right people, although I do not use any custom crosshairs myself. They do not give you an advantage if you know where the center of your screen is.

 

Macro is a whole different thing though. It can give you an edge in more than one ways such as lowering recoil substantially and allowing you to max rate of fire any semi/burst weapon. Macros are already strictly prohibited and bannable if detected. But they are hardly that big of an issue in the face of the many aimbots, wallhacks, triggerbots, silent aims and speedhacks that plague this game since the switch back to Battleye from Easy Anti-Cheat. When you have this big of a cheater problem in a game, things like configs for more performance and mission stage descriptions are nothing but laughable as "problems".

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ysaline said:


Okay this statement makes no sense to me at all.

In your words "we should allow some changes but if someone change more: crosshairs, no smokes, range finders, those should be banned.

You do realise you either allow it or don't. There's no between , that's why we are divide on this topic in the first place.
 

Some visual changes like Advanced Launcher vs Configs with self coded stuff are two different things.

Edited by Shui

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RatedX said:

Non-TOS forums are your best bet.

Ye thats my point tho, if its so supported, it should be pinned out where people could share their edited files.


 

5 hours ago, Flaws said:

The only configs which do give an advantage and I personally consider to be cheating are particle removals such as muzzle flash, explosions, smoke and fire. Aiming without muzzle flash is 10x times easier than playing with it enabled. And then imagine a car exploding or a concussion nade blowing up and theres smoke everywhere, but for you there is no smoke so you can see everything and everyone perfectly clear and aim them down. Those are the only types of configs which give you an advantage and are cheating.

 

Also, shaders are bannable in APB if reported with evidence (due to what was showcased by rooq in that video)

Macro is a whole different thing though.

Configs do give advantage, then we are on the same page.

How do you prove somebody use them? Unless somebody show you live stream. 

Nobody disputed the macro, but the way how APB is coded, you dont even need that. You can have shooting set to a scroll wheel and then set up a button to just scroll up, boom instant fastest fire rate with any semi-auto gun.
 

 

5 hours ago, Shui said:

Some visual changes like Advanced Launcher vs Configs with self coded stuff are two different things.

This is what i dont understand, isnt a "self coded stuff" a bi-product of allowing edited files in the first place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ysaline said:

Ye thats my point tho, if its so supported, it should be pinned out where people could share their edited files.

 

The only officially allowed changes are the advanced launcher, which they've actually linked themselves: https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/8/29/message-from-matt

All the rest is up for action, should LO want to crack down on it fully

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ysaline said:

Ye thats my point tho, if its so supported, it should be pinned out where people could share their edited files.

 

Configs do give advantage, then we are on the same page.
 

This is what i dont understand, isnt a "self coded stuff" a bi-product of allowing edited files in the first place?

Only "certain" configs. There are only 2 lines in the .ini files which previously created outlines, and removed smoke completely. Whoever did the "green box turn red" thing, i have no clue, but that to my knowledge can't be done without some serious modifications. Most "shader configs" like the ones I was toying with before they became bannable, messed with the blue/red light, contrast, and hue of the game to make it look better. Did i make some which modified the "borderlines line" and smoke yes, but it was primarily to add a cartoony effect to some of the shaders since it was called "borderlands shaders" for a reason and make explosions look better, or tone down the effect of explosions while leaving smoke in. Though I had done it all at the time, as I was running on an I3 laptop and needed as much performance as I could muster running sub 30fps constant. Back then, EVERY patch degraded performance, and it got to the point where I had to stop playing APB completely for several months until I could buy a new computer that could run it.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ysaline said:

Configs do give advantage, then we are on the same page.

How do you prove somebody use them? Unless somebody show you live stream. 

Read my whole post. Only some do, like I explained. Quality of life isn't advantage.

 

You don't and thats one of the reason they don't ban for particle removals even with reports. In fact, they don't ban for anything other than shaders until the engine upgrade comes out - which btw is barely configurable. Not even close to what current APB is like.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 4:44 PM, Flaws said:

The only configs which do give an advantage and I personally consider to be cheating are particle removals such as muzzle flash, explosions, smoke and fire. While its true that removing them greatly improves performance on any machine, it is also cheating as you gain much greater visibility than everyone else. Aiming without muzzle flash is 10x times easier than playing with it enabled. And then imagine a car exploding or a concussion nade blowing up and theres smoke everywhere, but for you there is no smoke so you can see everything and everyone perfectly clear and aim them down. Those are the only types of configs which give you an advantage and are cheating. Of course, its nothing like aimbot or wallhack but its still a big enough deal in a lot of situations.

Removing smoke and fire also has a disadvantage which nobody ever talks about. The vehicle might seem normal on the outside, but if you remove fire you might not notice that it's actually on fire. It can explode when you are near it or inside it. If you remove smoke you will have a lot harder time seeing O-PGL, OSMAW projectiles and grenades.

 

Sadly it seems explosions, smoke and fire are the ones that give the worst fps drops in the game so i understand why some use it, but at the same time i agree that it should all be bannable. LO stated that Advanced Launcher is ok, but other things are bannable. Strangely players keep using custom configs on stream and are not getting banned, so i don't understand why they even said it's bannable in the first place

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried so badly to reduce loading time the whole decade, and all i got was an update that will "FIX" it for me every time, so fuck modding the game files, it sucks as it is, but it sucks even more when u get used so much through years that every time they reset it, it feels like some new shit even if it smells the same.

Its like this game isn't about to "improve your experience" with each update, but to fuck u up every time.

Edited by Vnight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vnight said:

I tried so badly to reduce loading time the whole decade, and all i got was an update that will "FIX" it for me every time, so fuck modding the game files, it sucks as it is, but it sucks even more when u get used so much through years that every time they reset it, it feels like some new shit even if it smells the same.

Its like this game isn't about to "improve your experience" with each update, but to fuck u up every time.

Almost every game that has some sort of file modding, has to be reset every patch. Just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2021 at 9:02 AM, JunoSuzuki said:

That's bullshoot. Certain configurations are allowed and approved by little orbit for people to make their game work at least a little better. You also have people that just wanna have a better performance but even then, why is it a bad thing if everyone is allowed to do that? 

 

Cheating is not allowed and nowhere encouraged by Little Orbit probably just by the typical hacker collectives flexing with their crap on their youtube channels.

How about critizising them instead of Little Orbit or others?

 

Name and shame is sometimes a little bit to far spread out across it's meaning but in the core it basicaly means that people shouldnt point at others and accuse them of something that hasn't been proved. Something that lot's of people don't understand but hey why understanding it when it doesnt affect them or close friends?

 

I hope i was able to explain why the statement of yours is just wrong.

you more or less went around what i said

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...