xB00Mx

Server threat levels bummer

I used to understand the necessity of servers threat level to arrange players pools and make it easier for match making etc etc.  

but now , with barely  200~ players online, say 100 in financial and 100 in waterfront, it is a pain to join a decently full destrict.

most of the time the full server is a "bronze" one and i can't join because i am gold so i have to dethreat OR just join an empty silver one.

Sometimes the full server is silver and of course it is overcrowded and takes good time of clicking to try to slip in and have a decent match,

please remove the servers threat levels so we can at least feel some fullness in the servers even though the game seems to be hardly survivng, i guess the in game match making can handle the different threat levels, MOST of silvers are dethreated GOLDS anyway. thats what i am considering to do myself so i can join these bronze servers.

until you bring the new engine with the new systems and revive the game, then we can find multiple options of full servers to find matches, hopefully,

• Like 1

You dare admit to the bannable-offense of de-threating and ALSO publicly declare your consideration to do it even further?

Respect++

• Like 2

as if they are banning anyone in the first place with all these cheaters around atm using macro and shit..

but i tell you what,, they can investigate me, they'll just find that i always been a decent player and a supporter to this game, i even used to invest good amount of money in it.

anyways i strongly suggest that devs may listen to the sound of reason and logic so we can all enjoy what is left in this game.

There is atleast 2 full silver districts at peak time, enough to get games in and find OP (EU). 

Don't become a deathreater, they are just insecure bronze stompers that cry hacker at every gold player that kills them because in their bubble they are better than everyone. I do however agree that threat should go, the main players (not all) who were asking for it back in the first place are the deathreaters. The only issue with this is trying to keep newer players interested in the game because they will no doubt get railed time and time again and I wouldn't find that fun. However at this moment in time focusing on new players before the engine upgrade is probably the wrong call, they should be focusing on the current player base... (whats left of it anyway).

Edited by watsoNN
typo
  • Like 2

Just now, xB00Mx said:

as if they are banning anyone in the first place with all these cheaters around atm using macro and shit..

but i tell you what,, they can investigate me, they'll just find that i always been a decent player and a supporter to this game, i even used to invest good amount of money in it.

anyways i strongly suggest that devs may listen to the sound of reason and logic so we can all enjoy what is left in this game.

On top of the fact that LO doesn't ban without definitive proof, it is good to know you aren't exactly a hacker.

But you must be careful.. Your desires are clean and you want to simply play in a populated district. You'd be completely in the clear if the game you were playing didn't care about threat levels or tracks player performance, but every game publisher has the right to say what goes and what doesn't, it is their game after all. Going down to destroy Newbies that have no knowledge nor chance against you whatsoever is currently not endorsed by LO and therefore, Dethreating was declared bannable at LO's discretion. While it is difficult to prove that someone was indeed dethreating, openly admitting and declaring you'd do it for the time being is not wise. Your good history matters not. A bannable-offense is a bannable-offense.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, open-conflict will make things better for a while but it will only be a matter of time before the same emptiness you are currently feeling will come back again.

There are 3 types of players in this regard:

1 » Those who want to play against good players, even if they are better than them. They wouldn't want to have a bronze/low_silver in the match.

2 » Those who want to stomp weaker players, even if it means they'll dethreat on purpose to have a fake-sense of achievement.

3 » Those who don't care and will just play the game.

Open-conflict will have the first and second kind of players leave the game till things change, which will again have you at where you started, a semi-wasteland list of districts to choose from. While this isn't necessarily bad in principle as Open-conflict should be a temporary measure till the Engine is released, some of those players might leave permanently. This is why such a move is rather risky to do and wasn't approved before.

I am not saying you are wrong or I won't support your thread, in fact I do. It is just something that must be approached carefully since it could have dire consequences on population-count, heavy ones.

• Like 4

@LilyRain  i like how you present your argument, so tidy and beautiful really, and i totally agree with you.

have a wonderful day 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LilyRain said:

3 » Those who don't care and will just play the game.

We def need more of this category.

• Like 2

If you play on regular hours in the afternoon and evenings then there's both silver and bronze districts filled on Citadel, just saying.

3 hours ago, Preme said:

Crazy how you complain about something that  youre the reason for

Oof, gottem

I think at this point discussing this aspect is useless. This was brought to LO attention a million times in the past but nothing was changed. 

They surely know about the issue but they have their (bad) reasons to keep it this way. 

as per me, they should:

- remove districts thread segregation

- allow progression regardless of district.

Due to my work, i can play mostly in the night/morning time, and due to current "settings" i'm either stuck forever on some R80, or i just cannot play at all due to me being gold... Its just ridiculous..  🤬

Id rather not see bronzes and/or new people get destroyed by golds more than has already happened.

APB needs more people.  start inviting people and also i hope little orbit does something worth advertising soon to get fresh blood into apb