Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Maybe you can get rid of the certain fucks who crash my game when i get to close to them. Yes i know there cheating becuase i notice a pattern. 1 the person kills me each time no matter what gun i use. 2 if i figure out a way to cheese them and start killing them they will run to me in sight or not when they get close to me my game locks up and crashs. idk if im the only one maybe i got soemthing wrong with this toaster of a pc i own

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

To me that seems more like a webdev messed up the backend in their wordpress dashboard rather than an actual hack.

Either way that isn't a good look for a game security company since yea know anti-cheats act in a very similar way to anti-virus programs since cheats/hacks act like malware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

Either way that isn't a good look for a game security company since yea know anti-cheats act in a very similar way to anti-virus programs since cheats/hacks act like malware.

Maybe we should just ask cheaters nicely to stop cheating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Maybe we should just ask cheaters nicely to stop cheating.

or just do what valorant does and rat every players pc ez clap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

or just do what valorant does and rat every players pc ez clap

Coincidentally I just ran in to my first valorant cheater today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't be certain for sure without investigating further, but those screenshots are probably the result of an internet architecture blip that occurred over the weekend. Services like cloudflare and google dns had a momentary disruption which caused all sorts of websites to malfunction or go down for a brief period, including discord, etc. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sakebee said:

I can't be certain for sure without investigating further, but those screenshots are probably the result of an internet architecture blip that occurred over the weekend. Services like cloudflare and google dns had a momentary disruption which caused all sorts of websites to malfunction or go down for a brief period, including discord, etc. 

Someone said Gold standard, APB Net continuity has to be 10/10 Cloudflare down, resulting in no Internet due to DNS issues but still logged into APB Social/Game Districts. 10/10 would recommend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2020 at 7:04 PM, Sakebee said:

The /report function also works. We do get all of those. The post explicitly calls out the support portal because it is much easier to attach video or other evidence which can help with our investigations.

But of course you can't be banned because someone reported you for "hacking" even though you used all skill, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, AnnonymouXX said:

But of course you can't be banned because someone reported you for "hacking" even though you used all skill, right? 

We only ban if, at the end of our investigation, we are satisfied that a TOS violation has occurred. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sakebee said:

We only ban if, at the end of our investigation, we are satisfied that a TOS violation has occurred. 

Should also mention that TOS violations extend beyond hacking violations - racism, sexism, homophobia etc also are TOS violations, though often punished in less severe ways.

And a lot of folks lump in 'ban' with 'suspension', especially today. Historically, ban used to not be synonymous with suspension.

Additionally, a players' history with offenses is typically included in consideration with the investigation.

 

The statement is technically correct, but may be misinterpreted by players.

 

I suppose the part that is open to interpretation here: If you're repeatedly reporting for 'cheating' and that is found not to be true, but you are also are toxic, you are punished according to the current and prior offenses... AND repeat offenders may be subject to harsher punishment. Is that correct?

 

Are players investigated for cheating via automated /reports also open to being investigated for other offenses they may have committed that haven't been reported, such as verbal harassment? If so, what I described would probably be a slippery slope and the exact reason why Tiggs' ban policies failed ultimately - players would get banned by 'FairFight' because it had been used to determine information about the player based on a cheat report, but ultimately players were banned for other reasons such as extreme verbal harassment that wasn't reported. Which also opened up the player to humiliation as well as discomfort knowing they would not get their account back without significant work, neither of which are acceptable treatment for consumers.

 

My opinion on that would be:

If someone 100% not detected as cheating/hacking, is being interpreted as being toxic by the CSR pulling the players' other logs... and additionally, the separate violation would not be affecting the person who reported them for cheating... They are ALSO not causing financial loss AND has not been reported for anything other than hacking. The action should then result in the player being able to get away with the TOS violation provided the TOS violation is not affecting another consumer AND is not an automated hack detection. Would LO agree with that opinion?

Edited by Sophiie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sakebee said:

We only ban if, at the end of our investigation, we are satisfied that a TOS violation has occurred. 

yea the issue is you guys don't seem to investigate outside of the game. There are some well known individuals who 'associate' with other cheaters/cheat developers yet because there cheats are undetected it seems your unable to come to the conclusion that they might be deserving of a ban.

Edited by MonkaS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

yea the issue is you guys don't seem to investigate outside of the game

They aren't the FBI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

They aren't the FBI.

how sick would it be for mattscott to bust in your door wearing full tactical gear tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 404 said:

how sick would it be for mattscott to bust in your door wearing full tactical gear tho

I'd let him handcuff me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2020 at 1:10 AM, CookiePuss said:

Removing things like smoke or muzzle flash are already against the rules.

 

That's also not what people mean by closets.

Closets are using actual cheats.

since when is removing smoke and muzzle flash against rules?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FakeBungo said:

since when is removing smoke and muzzle flash against rules?

You are super late to the party

Edited by wHisHi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings people, what is going on here.

 

*reads since when is removing smoke and muzzle flash against rules?*

me, who uses the given advanced launcher from LO because my pc is potato and reduced particles cause grenades simply cause lag:

Oh dear.

 

Also me who read the entirety of the TOS:

Wait I didn't quite catch that.

\_/^^\_/                      I promise I can change Harold xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FakeBungo said:

since when is removing smoke and muzzle flash against rules?

I'll be honest I'm not sure when but I wanna say LO brought it up early on. I also dont know what the punishments might be.

 

 

 

Edited by CookiePuss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, koenyboy500 said:

Greetings people, what is going on here.

 

*reads since when is removing smoke and muzzle flash against rules?*

me, who uses the given advanced launcher from LO because my pc is potato and reduced particles cause grenades simply cause lag:

Oh dear.

As long as you are only using settings in the approved advanced launcher, you should be okay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

They aren't the FBI.

y i k e s didn't think clicking a few links to social media accounts and checking friends-lists is fbi level skillz. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sakebee said:

As long as you are only using settings in the approved advanced launcher, you should be okay. 

Nice communication, like since this was approved??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MonkaS said:

y i k e s didn't think clicking a few links to social media accounts and checking friends-lists is fbi level skillz. 

nsa then idk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

Nice communication, like since this was approved??

Matt has always said that until further notice all changes possible using the Advanced launcher are permitted as an exception to the TOS given to all players by the CEO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2020 at 4:47 PM, Kevkof said:

Lowering the particles to a low enough number  = using an actual cheat ... mkay, you lost me there

 

Is it something that's against TOS: Yes

Could it be actioned: Possibly

Is it as bad for others as using cheats: No

Is it worth going after currently: That's for LO to decide

you seems to be defending  deeper config edits further than what Advance APB Launcher provides. It is considered cheating if those edits are giving advantage over regular players who plays apb. Streaming with it seems to rub off the fact that LO doesn't bat an eye  since "those skills"  seems to grab some viewers and all they care about is marketing , yet except some new players every old player out there knows this is a clear cut advantage over when playing apb. So they should take action against these "skilled players" if not they should implement scans of config files if the edits mismatches from  the allowed configs out there. 

Using an actual cheat is even worse but this is no better lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kevkof said:

Matt has always said that until further notice all changes possible using the Advanced launcher are permitted as an exception to the TOS given to all players by the CEO

Alright, can you share the link to this launcher? My potato laptop needs this

48 minutes ago, Dead_Game said:

you seems to be defending  deeper config edits further than what Advance APB Launcher provides. It is considered cheating if those edits are giving advantage over regular players who plays apb. Streaming with it seems to rub off the fact that LO doesn't bat an eye  since "those skills"  seems to grab some viewers and all they care about is marketing , yet except some new players every old player out there knows this is a clear cut advantage over when playing apb. So they should take action against these "skilled players" if not they should implement scans of config files if the edits mismatches from  the allowed configs out there. 

Using an actual cheat is even worse but this is no better lol. 

True, I totally agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...