MattScott

Engine Upgrade - Beta Stream Announcement

Amazing display of what is yet to be tested by the whole community.

I looks good and apparently plays good! 

I think this update will bring in some of the people that been avoiding APB for now and it only brings joy to my heart that things gonna improve overtime

As it seems there will be an easier process to create new content from now on which is also great!

Well done LO! You didn't disappoint me one bit! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

For the short Q&A, did Matt answer any of the questions about releasing those 'locked' names? I didn't catch it if he did.

He did. Short version: Wait for now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

For the short Q&A, did Matt answer any of the questions about releasing those 'locked' names? I didn't catch it if he did.

I think he did mention that. If I remember correctly, he said they want to give inactive players enough time to save their characters.

55 minutes ago, Fenton said:

He did. Short version: Wait for now.

Not the answer I was hoping for, so I guess I'll be waiting even longer to spend money on this game. noice

thanks!

Just now, M72_LAW said:

I think he did mention that. If I remember correctly, he said they want to give inactive players enough time to save their characters.

I mean, he already had a warning out MONTHS ago for those in-active players. I highly doubt any of those players who didn't come to save their characters then will want to play in the future.

Edited by iRawwwN
  • Like 1

Showcasing Beta load times as well as Social and Asylum at Ultra settings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HelloPie said:

It's almost as if they would have posted that.

Oh wait, what's this ...

On 4/17/2020 at 8:58 PM, WEISSDEATH said:

You says that like LO had the game for 6 years.

LO no but this engine upgrade was started by G1 back in 2014. Regardless of how long LO has been here this exact project was started long ago and LO continued it.

I would like to know how phasing and the matchmaking changes are going to affect open-world crime and similar interactions.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 2:49 AM, Darkzero3802 said:

Only took 6yrs

they were not even here 2 full years though?

18 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

LO no but this engine upgrade was started by G1 back in 2014. Regardless of how long LO has been here this exact project was started long ago and LO continued it.

incomplete and a mess is incomplete and a mess. many things and to be reworked and/or done over.

Merged.

4 hours ago, Fenton said:

I would like to know how phasing and the matchmaking changes are going to affect open-world crime and similar interactions.

from what i have gathered from the older posts , if you see someone in your district to go after , then you just go after them as usual in that district.

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2020 at 12:12 AM, gamergoggles said:

You're so dense, it's not even funny, seek help.

I'm sure he's talking about Tiggs.

On 4/15/2020 at 10:23 AM, Ellix said:

A team in Australia had worked on it for little bit. (Then later the project was paused and IP was sold)

It would take much more effort to export the game to Unreal 4 then Unreal 3.5 as the code used is not in the same language and much of functions of the engine are different.

They're not saying it's not gonna be done at some point though.. Just further in the future maybe

where is this? this information seems to have been stripped away from posts and news postings with the only official mention of UE4 being:

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2018/6/22/apb-roadmap "Alongside all of this, our 2nd team is working on Unreal 4."

I remember another post saying they cut their ue4 team and absorbed them into the 3.5 upgrade team, but that too was removed from the site. Is there still officially a ue4 team?

9 hours ago, BEASTASBTCH said:

where is this? this information seems to have been stripped away from posts and news postings with the only official mention of UE4 being:

I remember another post saying they cut their ue4 team and absorbed them into the 3.5 upgrade team, but that too was removed from the site. Is there still officially a ue4 team?

On 8/27/2019 at 3:04 PM, MattScott said:

No change in management. No changes for you guys. We basically realized that developing both APB Reloaded and APB2 was too much for us. The Australia team was struggling to get their head around the massive amounts of tech, and we lack mobile experience to expand the brand. APB Reloaded is staying with Little Orbit so we can continue on developing and expanding the game in perpetuity. UNIT GAME will spearhead a new game starting on mobile in Asia.

This is the main paragraph about the stop of the UE 4 work. 

(From: https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/10907-apb-brand-and-ip-expanding-in-asia/)

The main goal as far as I can tell is UE3.5 and then adding better features/options in there.

If the game lives on beyond that and get bigger they could look further at a full rebuild of the game in a modern engine (UE4 or maybe even 5 if it's matured enough by then).

Regardless it would be a full rebuild if they want to go beyond UE3.5 so that will take a ton of time.

Edited by Kevkof