Sign in to follow this  
illgot

This is one reason I don't bother logging on for weeks at a time

18 hours ago, Alani said:

hey look a thread complaining about population even though the previous threads suggested remove the threat segregation to help offset it were shot down by angry people because they cant segregate themselves into special districts to keep the silvers farming bronze and the golds sitting at the lobby screen

amazing

"but... but... then i can't report players for dethreating !!!! :C"

LO should just do what LO sees fit. Following this forum is going to be keep APB from becoming a modern shooter that goes with the times and ends up being a thriving installment in the shooter genre.

Edited by Haganu

7 hours ago, PitterPatter said:

If I did my math correctly it ranked in the top 9.33%(repeating of course) percentile of reasons why the game is dead.

Probably not far off.

13 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

phasing

do you honestly think that a prime time population of maybe 200 people is enough to create a fair game every time?

Edited by illgot
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, illgot said:

do you honestly think that a prime time population of maybe 200 people is enough to create a fair game every time?

APB does not do "fair" and it never has.

No reason to start now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, illgot said:

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

No reason to start now.

pretty much this . but it should also help go towards more fair and be better than today at least.

for it to truly become more fair we would need more players for an even  better pooling.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

pretty much this . but it should also help go towards more fair and be better than today at least.

for it to truly become more fair we would need more players for an even  better pooling.

to be fair, the game would have to be redesigned from the ground up

3.5 ain't gonna do shit tbh... Its APB itself that need to change, and fundamentally

Imagine playing Overwatch, but the Soldier 76 on the other team has played longer, so his gun kills faster than yours.

thats apb.. its unbalanced at its core

it really only becomes "fair" at r255 and having either spent cash on ARMAS or accumulated an absurd amount of JT. Otherwise you will have matches where your opp has more weapon choices, better mods, better vehicles etc... and even then its only fair for you, but not your opp unless they also are r255 and all the rest

unbalanced at its core, and not being addressed in any way

big RIP

29 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

3.5 ain't gonna do shit tbh... Its APB itself that need to change, and fundamentally

Imagine playing Overwatch, but the Soldier 76 on the other team has played longer, so his gun kills faster than yours.

it really only becomes "fair" at r255 and having either spent cash on ARMAS or accumulated an absurd amount of JT. Otherwise you will have matches where your opp has more weapon choices, better mods, better vehicles etc... and even then its only fair for you, but not your opp unless they also are r255 and all the rest

big RIP

like i said. pretty much this.

but also redesigning a house doesnt mean you rip out the house and foundation either.

theres no easy answer to this and only time can truly tell.

12 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

No reason to start now.

If we start accepting that vital parts of this game will never see the light it deserves to get we might as well start shutting down the servers.

I'm hoping that phasing and improved matchmaking will severely reduce the games where people get comprehensively stomped on as well as increasing the range of stuff on the marketplace.

As a vehicle and clothing designer: It's a win.

As someone who repeatedly gets stomped down from silver to bronze at R255: Also a win.

no one wants balance we just want balanced teams.... and i feel they can do a better job with that one the phasing comes out.

dont care about mods, guns, cars etc... thats APB. its the poor matchmaking that turns people off 

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

but also redesigning a house doesnt mean you rip out the house and foundation either.

Unfortunately, my point was that its the foundation itself that is faulty.

APB for some reason decided to combine progression unlocked combat improvement, the kind of thing you normally see in PvE games, and a competitive shooter.

It still boggles the mind that anyone thought that was a good idea.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

APB for some reason decided to combine progression unlocked combat improvement, the kind of thing you normally see in PvE games, and a competitive shooter.

wait are you talking about the old engine or the new one. because the new engine should let us do foundation repair.

we are probably overthinking this and should just wait and see. too many what ifs.

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

a decade ago they tried  lot of weird stuff in any topic. look at some of the "gourmet food" they come up with. or the clothes no one wore. seriously got weird even for weird back then.

11 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

When I started to play APB I actually liked it to rank up and unlock new mods, cars and weapons.
And mods are so overrated. I am mostly playing on low rank characters without any and I dont have problems at all.

1 hour ago, Shui said:

And mods are so overrated. I am mostly playing on low rank characters without any and I dont have problems at all.

Please don't misunderstand. When I hit r255 on a character, I don't ever really play it again, I just start a new one.

Obviously all of us here love the game, I know I do.

I think I was trying to make a broader point about why I think the game hasn't had wider appeal.

On 3/26/2020 at 3:21 AM, CookiePuss said:

you must be joking. APB is nowhere near about this. I can go from 0 to hero just using a star. Or get to gold with just a kerub... Its so easy to get to gold that i honestly don't understand how bad can you be to stay as bronze.  Nevertheless this game is probably the one of the most fair ones when it comes to newbies or free to play players. There is nothing on Armas that will overpower the weapons you can unlock early in the game, and there is barely anything that would grant victories to a r255 over a newbie just based on the items he unlocked with progression. 

36 minutes ago, greenfield said:

i honestly don't understand how bad can you be to stay as bronze

from those whom I've talked to in game , many bronzes do not have a graphics card other than built in which isn't really good

On 3/26/2020 at 2:21 AM, CookiePuss said:

big RIP

Had I read this post before I would've said something different in my previous post.

It takes an exceptionally strong stance and a long term vision of a couple years ahead to make such changes, although they are a necessity in this game and have been for a couple years.

So yeah.

I'll second you on that big RIP.

Combat improvements as you rank up in a competitive shooter would make sense if the shooter leans more to the MMO concept, eg. Locking certain types of combat in certain instances, or for more immersion, even regions/maps.

I always thought it's smart that as a newbie you're thrown with the sharks. The 2 maps we have now for missions are getting boring too.

APB would've been great had it leaned more on the MMO side. You'd need quite a lot more maps though, if you want a nice and immersive MMO.

Edited by Haganu

You guys lost it. You have been here for so long doing your thing you want something else. What are you even talking about, read these posts of the daily puffers again? NO. Go play these others games if that's what you want, if that's what you crave. You want to change APB into something the few of you self entitled ffvets would like and then wonder why the game is falling apart around you -why don't other people like these changes such silvers they are-. Here is the big news for you, ready or not; you are done with APB and you should take a break, at this point APB and its future would be better off without you. Take that pill preferably standing up.

Edited by ExpectoPatronum

28 minutes ago, ExpectoPatronum said:

You want to change APB into something the few of you self entitled ffvets would like and then wonder why the game is falling apart around you

considering apb has proven how unsuccessful it is over the years, are drastic changes really the enemy?

On 3/24/2020 at 4:45 AM, illgot said:

I also do not enjoy spamming the Join District button for 10 minutes to get in.

This is one of the biggest issues that stops people from playing this game, yet GamersFirst and LittleOrbit refuse to do anything about it.

A queue system is really, really needed.

7 hours ago, greenfield said:

There is nothing on Armas that will overpower the weapons you can unlock early in the game, and there is barely anything that would grant victories to a r255 over a newbie just based on the items he unlocked with progression. 

Hmmm... maybe I should have worded this differently.

In no way is it impossible to kill with any weapon in the game, and of course better players beat worse players.

But aside from cold hard statistical imbalance, perception is ultimately what matters. If it looks imbalanced, if it feels imbalanced that's what matters.

Does anyone ever wonder why new players who quit are often those who call the game p2w?
Imagine its day 1 for you on APB. You have one primary and one secondary, one type of grenade, and one vehicle.

You are thrown into matches against players who have different and thus more situation specific weapons, as well as better version of not just the gun you have, but better guns within that class. They have character mods and consumables you do not, they have far superior vehicles in literally every aspect.

You ask players, "what gun/car/mod is that? How do I get it?"

There are two answers to this question:

-tedious progression

-real $ purchases

So in this instance, it matters less the veracity of the sentiment, but rather the perception that matters.

-On a side note, being SPCT gives me no more input or control over what changes are made to this game than you or anyone else that gives input. I can promise you this.

So when I'm posting, it has zero to do with LO. It's just another player giving their opinion.-

-all imbalance complaints come from statistical values and the scenario of combat between two players of equal skill-

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this