EerieEric

An honest discussion about APB

I will start off by saying that I am in no way a sore loser, nor complaining in any sort of way.  I came here for a honest discussion, not a fucking hanging or a personal crusade against certain players and play styles.  It is frankly my last idea to complain about a video game on the dusty forums on this site.

I've seen countless bitching and complaining about 'cheaters' in APB and while I believe that Little Orbit doesn't really give a rats patootie about me as a player or what I say (kindly or otherwise), I strongly feel that LO is doing their best to ban/remove/'evict' any sort of cheater or exploit user that comes into APB.  This being said...

I feel my last few games this holiday break i've been almost brutally pub stomped without really any sort of improvement or understanding of what i'm doing exactly wrong.  Again i'm not 'The Player who called CHEATER' but some of these games made me feel like, they had the odds stacked considerably in their favor.

From things like being shot beyond the sight limit, to me also being smart and using stealth or whatever sort of stealth I can to sneak up and just somehow being spotted outright every time.  I could play the perfect game and I would still lose to these players or groups every time.  It leaves me feeling kind of discouraged from playing.

I'll be the first to admit, i'm not the most amazing APB player among the flock.  I'm pretty luck warm and I rely more with a team, it's why I run duo with a friend of mine.  But I know that I understand how to play, when I should push, when I shouldn't push, where i'm strong and when i'm not strong.

So my TL;DR question is this, Do you as a community believe that there are people that still cheat with things like scripts and macros or do think i'm just running into really skilled players?

Be reasonable.  Don't be a jerk as I said above.  I'm not pointing fingers.

• Thanks 1

There will always be cheaters

However I think the cheating problem is now better then previous years

Maybe because there are less players playing the game overall so there are less cheaters overall

yet I'm encountering someone suspicious less times nowdays 

• Like 1

This game (and most of this kind of games) will always have cheaters, because its a client side, and everything wich is located outside server, can be hacked with all kind of programs.

There are many cheaters, i just give you a case in wich the chater blocked my weapon when i was trying to shot, i wasnt able to use my wep, he just flooded me with his scripts and ive got freezed.

49 minutes ago, EerieEric said:

Do you as a community believe that there are people that still cheat with things like scripts and macros or do think i'm just running into really skilled players?

Obviously can't speak for the entire community, so here's my two cents:

In general? Yes, there are still cheaters out there somewhere in APB. It's an inevitability in online games; there will always be some cheat that hasn't been detected by anti-cheating solutions yet.

As a wide-spread problem? No. I don't think the problem is as severe as it may seem. The situation is much better than it used to be in the past - as in, before LO took over. Cheating was rampant under pre-LO G1, to the point where you couldn't go a single day without seeing a cheater. I'm honestly not sure when was the last time I personally saw a cheater in the game.

OP, I obviously don't know what types of matches you were in, nor who you were up against. Perhaps you did run into a cheater a few times, I'm not discrediting that option. However, I still think the cheating problem nowadays is being dealt with at least 10x better than it was before LO took over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

Obviously can't speak for the entire community, so here's my two cents:

In general? Yes, there are still cheaters out there somewhere in APB. It's an inevitability in online games; there will always be some cheat that hasn't been detected by anti-cheating solutions yet.

As a wide-spread problem? No. I don't think the problem is as severe as it may seem. The situation is much better than it used to be in the past - as in, before LO took over. Cheating was rampant under pre-LO G1, to the point where you couldn't go a single day without seeing a cheater. I'm honestly not sure when was the last time I personally saw a cheater in the game.

OP, I obviously don't know what types of matches you were in, nor who you were up against. Perhaps you did run into a cheater a few times, I'm not discrediting that option. However, I still think the cheating problem nowadays is being dealt with at least 10x better than it was before LO took over.

I'm agree.  It's why I didn't come in here guns ablazing, capslock engaged, spamming CHEATERRRRRRR in my post.   I'm certain LO is doing their best to combat the issue of dirty players.  But some matches...christ alive.  Some matches had me shaking my head in disbelief.   Maybe i'm clueless to some of the techniques used.  But it had me questioning their legitimacy and their actions. hard.   I feel like there are some that have slipped under the radar and are abusing crap.  But I can't say with absolute certainty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EerieEric said:

I will start off by saying that I am in no way a sore loser, nor complaining in any sort of way.  I came here for a honest discussion, not a fucking hanging or a personal crusade against certain players and play styles.  It is frankly my last idea to complain about a video game on the dusty forums on this site.

I've seen countless bitching and complaining about 'cheaters' in APB and while I believe that Little Orbit doesn't really give a rats patootie about me as a player or what I say (kindly or otherwise), I strongly feel that LO is doing their best to ban/remove/'evict' any sort of cheater or exploit user that comes into APB.  This being said...

I feel my last few games this holiday break i've been almost brutally pub stomped without really any sort of improvement or understanding of what i'm doing exactly wrong.  Again i'm not 'The Player who called CHEATER' but some of these games made me feel like, they had the odds stacked considerably in their favor.

From things like being shot beyond the sight limit, to me also being smart and using stealth or whatever sort of stealth I can to sneak up and just somehow being spotted outright every time.  I could play the perfect game and I would still lose to these players or groups every time.  It leaves me feeling kind of discouraged from playing.

I'll be the first to admit, i'm not the most amazing APB player among the flock.  I'm pretty luck warm and I rely more with a team, it's why I run duo with a friend of mine.  But I know that I understand how to play, when I should push, when I shouldn't push, where i'm strong and when i'm not strong.

So my TL;DR question is this, Do you as a community believe that there are people that still cheat with things like scripts and macros or do think i'm just running into really skilled players?

Be reasonable.  Don't be a jerk as I said above.  I'm not pointing fingers.

I think you run into both.

I do believe there are players that use some form of software to gain advantage.

The game is free-to-play so cheaters will "come and go".

The "cheater" issue is being handled a lot better now than what it did previously, imo.

Although, there are really good players and many are veteran players who have been here for years.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ExoticZ said:

Although, there are really good players and many are veteran players who have been here for years.

Of course.  I wouldn't dare assume that every player better then me is cheating.

This game will never survive if the matchmaking doesn't get fixed.

Even if the HOLY Engine Update gets released, all of my old friends (who were gone for years) come back to check it out, K Up, Get the sweatiest tryhard premade group you could think of and get curb stomped into quitting again. From what I'm seeing currently I am conviced that scenario will play out.

Git gud is not a valid argument in this case and its not helping anyone (for those who are probably gonna call me out)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

This game will never survive if the matchmaking doesn't get fixed.

The matchmaking needs to be rethinked/reworked, i give one case, 3 golds lvl 255 premades with shop weps full moded players, matchs against 1 gold and 3 silvers wich the silvers are low lvl with no mods, and the gold is middle range player, its clear unfair and adevantage for the premade, and in this cases the 3 gold premades always make 15/20 kills on this poor low moded/skilled players...

Matchmaking is very bad and creates so much hate in this game..., premade teams should never match against random teams! its very unfair because the random teams are masacrated!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EerieEric said:

Do you ... believe that there are people that still cheat with things like scripts and macros or do think i'm just running into really skilled players?

Most likely highly skilled players.

I get comprehensively flattened pretty much every time I go into a mission district. It's frustrating as anything.

Sometimes it's hard to accept that your best isn't good enough. 

6 hours ago, Bubush said:

I  just give you a case in wich the chater blocked my weapon when i was trying to shot, i wasnt able to use my wep, he just flooded me with his scripts and ive got freezed.

For anyone reading... This is not possible, even if cheating. 

• Like 2

as an na player i haven’t seen anyone i would label a cheater in a month or two of regular play sessions but there has to be a few running around, even with the small population it’s inevitable that someone will want to cheat their way to being better

also as an na player, there are several groups of players who play hyper aggressively which gives the appearance of cheating, when really it’s just constant spawn pushing and rotating combined with solid aim and positioning

if i’m soloing it’s almost guaranteed that my teammates will hackusate these players after getting stomped hard

keep in mind there are tons of ways to be seen without being seen - from normal gameplay mechanics like spotter or simply abusing the third person camera, to slightly less “legitimate” methods like being able to see player names through closed doors or removing ambient sounds to hear players better 

it is a refreshing change that you didn’t just rage post 

19 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Sometimes it's hard to accept that your best isn't good enough. 

For anyone reading... This is not possible, even if cheating. 

Is possible, if you know to code, my weapon never ever changed his position and never got blocked or freezed because of some personal hardware issues, there is no graphs issue or things like that on my system and apb runs normally, in that case was hack, and its real, they edit the memory of the game and inject hacks into the game, maybe even they can reach the server side!

Its true, its not bs and are not lies, the truth man, thats why the ppl complain so much about cheating because the game is very easy to hack and there are cheaters, many!

I play games since 1998 and when im saying ” Thats hack ” then means its a hack not bs, its rly sad that nothing can be done to stop this guys, because the game have a huge potential.

9 minutes ago, Bubush said:

Is possible, if you know to code, my weapon never ever changed his position and never got blocked or freezed because of some personal hardware issues, there is no graphs issue or things like that on my system and apb runs normally, in that case was hack, and its real, they edit the memory of the game and inject hacks into the game, maybe even they can reach the server side!

Its true, its not bs and are not lies, the truth man, thats why the ppl complain so much about cheating because the game is very easy to hack and there are cheaters, many!

I play games since 1998 and when im saying ” Thats hack ” then means its a hack not bs, its rly sad that nothing can be done to stop this guys, because the game have a huge potential.

Agree to disagree. 

Happy Holidays. 

24 minutes ago, Bubush said:

maybe even they can reach the server side!

you think a player has server access to apb and instead of doing whatever they want, they used it to win a mission against you?

lmao the ego

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

as an na player i haven’t seen anyone i would label a cheater in a month or two of regular play sessions but there has to be a few running around, even with the small population it’s inevitable that someone will want to cheat their way to being better

also as an na player, there are several groups of players who play hyper aggressively which gives the appearance of cheating, when really it’s just constant spawn pushing and rotating combined with solid aim and positioning

if i’m soloing it’s almost guaranteed that my teammates will hackusate these players after getting stomped hard

keep in mind there are tons of ways to be seen without being seen - from normal gameplay mechanics like spotter or simply abusing the third person camera, to slightly less “legitimate” methods like being able to see player names through closed doors or removing ambient sounds to hear players better 

it is a refreshing change that you didn’t just rage post 

I'll admit i've been pub stomped that hard with my friend in more then one occasion by good teamwork and now that you mention the sound bull crap, I have some sound settings to fix.  HAHA i'm kidding of course.   I am not saying that these people have or are cheating but, from shooting behind perfect cover to just hunting me down on a map and killing me two shots with a gun that I know doesn't kill in two shots...I dunno man, it leaves a really nasty taste in my mouth.  I've seen people do some shady crap in this game and my stupid mind only tells me they are either scripting or macroing off the patootie to achieve such levels.  You have to also remember, those who do whatever with code will find a way.

Maybe were experiencing different matchmaking.  Maybe i'm just not as good as I want to be in APB.  Maybe i'm just unlucky.  But the fine line is that there is a side of me that enjoys playing APB and another that really doesn't like it because of how shady everything is and that honestly sucks.

Thanks for the cool reply.

Can be a combination of 5k hours playtime and the use of a dot, certain shaders which allow you to see more, lije thru smoke. Mastered the time to shoot (or use the mouse wheel to shoot) and the use of meta weapons. 

And team play, advanced launcher and blabla. You can go on. 

Edited by PraiseTheSun

2 minutes ago, PraiseTheSun said:

Can be a combination of 5k hours playtime and the use of a dot, certain shaders which allow you to see more, lije thru smoke. Mastered the time to shoot (or use the mouse wheel to shoot) and the use of meta weapons. 

I don't believe in 'meta weapons'.

As a person who runs with weird guns all the time in game and scores decent kills (sometimes) my belief on the pay2win concept is kind meh all things considered.   I've seen people run with stars no mods that dominate easily, to people with rocket launchers that can't aim to save their lives (IE me).   Point is weapons don't fuckin' matter, they really don't.  There is a weapon for everybody in this game.

Mouse wheel to shoot is an old Q2-Q3 concept, I used to run mouse wheel back when I was younger more stranger Eerie.  It doesn't really make you better either.  There are people to swear by it only saying "YOU'LL SHOOT TEN TIMES FASTER" and that may be the case in this game but shooting faster doesn't mean winning faster in most cases.

19 minutes ago, EerieEric said:

from shooting behind perfect cover

this is pretty easy to do, it's just a matter of finding the right angle

20 minutes ago, EerieEric said:

killing me two shots with a gun that I know doesn't kill in two shots

changing the damage of a weapon would require a patch to the entire game afaik, generally this impression is given when there's lag somewhere in the connection - on their screen they fired whatever the correct amount of bullets is, but to you it looks like 2 because your client didn't receive everything

24 minutes ago, EerieEric said:

You have to also remember, those who do whatever with code will find a way

i find it difficult to believe someone would put in the time and effort to compromise the servers and only use that access to cheat slightly better, but it is still a possibility 

18 minutes ago, EerieEric said:

I don't believe in 'meta weapons'.

there are also people who don't believe the earth is round

don't be like those people

26 minutes ago, EerieEric said:

"I don't believe in meta weapons".

It's not just the weapon,true. But the 'meta weapons' do certainly help in killing faster.. if in the right hands of course. 

2 minutes ago, Solamente said:

there are also people who don't believe the earth is round

don't be like those people

So what are you saying that people shouldn't explore and find a weapon that they enjoy playing rather then 'N-TEC' or some other meta garbage?  I'm not saying it be ignorant (like those people) i'm saying it to hopefully help someone find enjoyment in the game.

5 minutes ago, Solamente said:

i find it difficult to believe someone would put in the time and effort to compromise the servers and only use that access to cheat slightly better, but it is still a possibility 

My friend there are people that go out of their way to DDoS and more so ruin the gameplay everyone in any game they play.  If you believe whole heartedly that there are no scripters, cheaters, and or whatever you wanna call them hiding your game or attempting to break it?  I hate to burst your bubble my dude.

9 minutes ago, Solamente said:

this is pretty easy to do, it's just a matter of finding the right angle

changing the damage of a weapon would require a patch to the entire game afaik, generally this impression is given when there's lag somewhere in the connection - on their screen they fired whatever the correct amount of bullets is, but to you it looks like 2 because your client didn't receive everything

Yes I agree with both of these.  I could be experiencing lag or some sort of latency on my end or they could.  That did cross my mind and i'm not completely ignorant to it.  Hell there isn't a day that goes by that I don't see someone in district chat capslocked enabled shouting 'LAG!!!!!111'

The second quote i'm actually new to hearing about.  See I thought that was fixed but I am wrong so i'll back down on what I said.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PraiseTheSun said:

It's not just the weapon,true. But the 'meta weapons' do certainly help in killing faster.. if in the right hands of course. 

so ure telling me the earth isnt flat?

1 minute ago, videogamer said:

so ure telling me the earth isnt flat?

god dammit.

14 minutes ago, EerieEric said:

So what are you saying that people shouldn't explore and find a weapon that they enjoy playing rather then 'N-TEC' or some other meta garbage?

saying you don't believe in meta weapons is different from saying you don't believe in only using meta weapons

16 minutes ago, EerieEric said:

My friend there are people that go out of their way to DDoS and more so ruin the gameplay everyone in any game they play.  If you believe whole heartedly that there are no scripters, cheaters, and or whatever you wanna call them hiding your game or attempting to break it?  I hate to burst your bubble my dude.

that was pretty much my point, the ddosers were actively destroying the game by rendering it unplayable for extended periods, they weren't using their ability to ddos to only make people they shoot at lag for easy mission wins

similarly i think someone with access to apb's code is far more likely to be crashing servers or deleting characters rather than adding a few points of damage to their gun

i never said there were no cheaters - even in the quote you responded to i said it was a possibility, just unlikely imo