DoesntExistAnyMore

No threats district

Not my problem.

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

Quote from Matt:

"A couple caveats:

We are missing some network equipment and a bunch of district boxes that got stuck in customs for the new EU datacenter. This means all of EU will be temporarily running on districts in New York for a couple days till we get the new EU location online properly. And all platforms will be running Financial and Waterfront with no threat segregation for a couple days."

Basically, when Citadel will come back as it was the normal district rules the threat will also be back together it.

You can find this answer on the official Extended Server Maintenance posted by Lixil and locked by Matt.

Thanks ^^

Hate me on this, but for the first time in my 320 hours of active mission district playtime, I have had a balanced 40 to 50% win rate thanks to no more threat segregation. Before, I got constantly stomped and regurarly went out of a session with like 2 wins in 12 missions.

Edited by Ai-Zhú
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, Ai-Zhú said:

Hate me on this, but for the first time in my 320 hours of active mission district playtime, I have had a balanced 40 to 50% win rate thanks to no more threat segregation. Before, I got constantly stomped and regurarly went out of a session with like 2 wins in 12 missions.

Maybe it worked for you , but for many others it didnt , we are suffering the only thing is making us not quit the game is that we know this is temp ,  silvers  and bronzes and low golds are suffering v.v 

Edited by KawaiiAlice
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, KawaiiAlice said:

Maybe it worked for you , but for many others it didnt , we are suffering the only thing is making us not quit the game is that we know this is temp ,  silvers  and bronzes and low golds are suffering v.v 

Yeah, I understand.

Again.

Edited by Guest

On 12/3/2019 at 8:01 PM, KawaiiAlice said:

silvers  and bronzes and low golds are suffering

get good :^)

• Like 3

On 12/3/2019 at 3:53 PM, Ai-Zhú said:

so you are getting carried and happy about it?

I'm not sure what people are feeling bad about, I get matches just fine and usually never face the same people over and over like I normally would when we were segregated.

• Like 4

Ah well yesterday i went silver and got back to gold 3 missions later so... it's working like always.

I feel no difference in matches > not harder, not easier.

But i can team up with my silver and bronce mates without the trouble of joining a specific district and without them getting stomped always. 

Edited by HighSociety
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 12:27 AM, AlishaAzure said:

Quote from Matt:

"A couple caveats:

We are missing some network equipment and a bunch of district boxes that got stuck in customs for the new EU datacenter. This means all of EU will be temporarily running on districts in New York for a couple days till we get the new EU location online properly. And all platforms will be running Financial and Waterfront with no threat segregation for a couple days."

I thought they finally realized that threat districts are pointless but turns out it's just a bug. Yikes.

1 hour ago, Uke said:

I thought they finally realized that threat districts are pointless but turns out it's just a bug. Yikes.

Isn't a bug, they made they to not show

The thing i like about no threat districts is that finally i have no more to spam for 10 min trying to join the only 1 populated instance i am allowed to join cuz threat restriction.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, iDontThinkSo said:

The thing i like about no threat districts is that finally i have no more to spam for 10 min trying to join the only 1 populated instance i am allowed to join cuz threat restriction.

^

On 12/3/2019 at 7:01 PM, KawaiiAlice said:

for the first time in like 3 years i dont have to play the same premades or wait 20 mins for opp, its nice

• Like 2

On 12/3/2019 at 6:53 PM, Ai-Zhú said:

I prefer the open districts myself. Better games overall.  Plus I can easily do dailies in waterfront and financial instead of being locked to one active district open to gold threats.

Sad to see threat restrictions go back.

I was excited so see what I thought were threat free districts and was ready to drop more cash but knowing this is just a temp fix due to missing hardware... blah.  Going to have to stop trying to win fights and again drop to silver to focus on dailies.

Edited by illgot

i finally did some solo missions today on jericho, i think i had about 4 missions (out of probably 20 i think?) where i didn't have to put on kid gloves to knock around silvers, bronzes, and even greens - of course those 4 missions were the ones where my team of silvers (and sometimes bronzes) were placed against other golds putting on kid gloves, so not really much better

i eventually just force closed the game when i got matched against 2 fresh r9 trainees who didn't even know what objectives were

no idea why anyone thinks no segregation is better, and if you do you lose all rights to complain about matchmaking tbh

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Solamente said:

i finally did some solo missions today on jericho, i think i had about 4 missions (out of probably 20 i think?) where i didn't have to put on kid gloves to knock around silvers, bronzes, and even greens - of course those 4 missions were the ones where my team of silvers (and sometimes bronzes) were placed against other golds putting on kid gloves, so not really much better

i eventually just force closed the game when i got matched against 2 fresh r9 trainees who didn't even know what objectives were

no idea why anyone thinks no segregation is better, and if you do you lose all rights to complain about matchmaking tbh

Trainee and bronze should be placed in a green trainee district only they have access to and hidden from the rest of players.

Then have no threat districts for silvers and golds.

21 minutes ago, illgot said:

Trainee and bronze should be placed in a green trainee district only they have access to and hidden from the rest of players.

Then have no threat districts for silvers and golds.

that doesn't solve anything since you're still mashing two different threats together, each of which have their own massive skill gap

the average gold will wipe the floor with the average silver - maybe it's just me but going super easy on opp so they don't ragequit and stomping opp into baby powder i can use to absorb my sweat are both just not fun apb gameplay

always discussing the same shit over and over again, can't understand you're not even sick about it

21 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Isn't a bug, they made they to not show

They plan to add them later so same shit.

51 minutes ago, Uke said:

They plan to add them later so same shit.

Oh, nice.

Well, not really.

7 hours ago, Solamente said:

that doesn't solve anything since you're still mashing two different threats together, each of which have their own massive skill gap

the average gold will wipe the floor with the average silver - maybe it's just me but going super easy on opp so they don't ragequit and stomping opp into baby powder i can use to absorb my sweat are both just not fun apb gameplay

There are not enough golds or silvers to fill one waterfront and one financial.  There may not be enough bronze, silver or golds to do so but we should at least try to separate bronze and trainees from silver and golds.

Edited by illgot

For those who dislike fighting golds, I hope you know the legit bronze people would like a word with you. In fact, they are probably very happy that they can have gold players on their team against silver players that would normally stomp them constantly. But we don't talk about that - despite the fact that this matchmaking method works in every other game. In fact, the most enjoyable times I had with a game like early Overwatch, Counter-Strike, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc. was when I was fighting a mixed bag of players... not just people on the same skill level. Overcoming the people who were better than me or just taking a some breather and stomping people - that was a nice appeal. This is why the old server selection in games like TF2 was interesting because you never knew who you were going to fight.

The way I see it, it's not like it's any different from the threat segregation when a gold player DT's (which happens all the time... hence why Bronze districts always have more players than silver). People who were getting stomped before are getting stomped with a chance of getting someone who is better able to help them as backup now.

For example, I was paired up with two low rank silvers against 4 silver players near max rank. It was a very enjoyable match where in any other normal instance they would have had to fight a handful of 255 or near max rank silvers with the possibility of getting two/three feeding bronzes as their teammates. I just can't possibly see how removing threat segregation is a bad thing, but perhaps there could be another matchmaking system overhaul - I understand it doesn't always work out well (in that example, I was not able to call backup so if I was unable to help those two silvers we would have had no chance), which tbh is probably more of what people are unhappy about when removing threat segregation. Plus the eventual re-balance of the weapons might help a little too who knows.

• Thanks 1