Jump to content
Hexerin

The state of bronze district, and why this game will never succeed

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, DeadPixels said:

Maybe the best thing would be if they locked bronze only for new players that have less than 200h in the game across all characters (if you deleate a characters the time should still count), that way even if you dethreat and are silver or even bronze you still wouldn't be able to join bronze districts, except of course if you make a completly new account. Making a new account and losing all weapons, modifications, money....would probably be a no go for most players, this would make bronze districts a friendlier envirement for all the players who just started playing the game

even the new accounts couldnt be in bronze then and it would be golds having a free time against new people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

even the new accounts couldnt be in bronze then and it would be golds having a free time against new people.

Idk how did you misunderstand what i typed. New accounts, green, bronze and silver players could play in bronze servers, but only if their overall playtime would be less than 200h, after that they couldn't join bronze anymore and would be stuck in silver

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeadPixels said:

Idk how did you misunderstand what i typed. New accounts, green, bronze and silver players could play in bronze servers, but only if their overall playtime would be less than 200h, after that they couldn't join bronze anymore and would be stuck in silver

what person is not new after only 200 hours of APB.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

what person is not new after only 200 hours of APB.....

200 hours is about halfway to max rank, you can't really say someone is still new at that point - even then it's not like they're suddenly going to get bodyslammed every match, they just won't be able to abuse new players anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

its one thing for someone to randomly go gold in bronze who does not normally go gold

Thats a good point cuz so many people are still ignorant af... they don't understand MY (and some others problem) > stuck between silver 9 and gold 2... so poppin up to gold and down to silver every week or sometimes every day.

And idc about "normally go gold"... 

I join the district where i got a space... so basically when i'm silver i also join bronce districts and yea blame me cuz i know i'll turn gold there.

I'm just not willing to spend 30min of spamming "join district" to get to the silver districts!

 

Phasing will help a lot but i also think they should rework threat level like: 

 

Everyone below gold 5 is silver than

Everyone below silver 5 will get bronce

Everyone below bronce 5 will get green

 

So we would have 15 ranks in green (cuz i never see green people), 10 ranks bronce, 10 ranks silver and just the top 5 ranks gold... 

 

My 2 cent 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

Question is: Can GMs actually see details of ongoing matches to monitor and take action in real-time?

You realize on the console when you get gold it moves u out of the district automatically lol, simple solution that involves 0 effort

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, chromaticflight said:

You realize on the console when you get gold it moves u out of the district automatically lol, simple solution that involves 0 effort

And than? Than i'm stuck in district selection without any space on districts? That would be so stupid...

never played APB on console tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chromaticflight said:

You realize on the console when you get gold it moves u out of the district automatically lol, simple solution that involves 0 effort

You realize that your effortless simple solution is one of the reasons why APB on console is a waste of time to play, lol.

Your solution has zero benefits in exchange for potentially billions of loading screens.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Don't you also play in bronze?

 

What is it with the hypocrisy today?

I play in the mud server, otherwise known as FC. Its extremely rare I play in the main dist at all cause theres no point to it when your capped and own everything.

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

that will solve nothing because of how we have a small community left and its roughly 500 to 800 lately which means 25% of that is 150 to 200 people gone.

there wouldn't be anyone to play and you would give APB a death sentence in doing so.

i sincerely hope the engine upgrade and phasing can happen soon then this can be solved that much quicker without killing what we have left.

 

also the rumors of APB is mostly among what community we have left as well as those who quit. many have never heard of APB since its been around a decade now.

upgrading means we can get new players and what old players think would be irrelevant due to a by gone era from upgrading.

 

you don't talk constantly about a muscle car with a bad engine if it has a new engine. you talk about the new engine instead. any tool jockey does that.

 

be patient. rushing will only worsen matters. SPCT has been testing and hopefully those bugs can be fixed and then a new engine will be close to live finally

Ive spoken to afew ppl who said they have heard of the game but havent tried it. "isnt that game broken and run by cheaters"? That player count may be lately but do remember at one point we were closer to 3000. As long as theres one person who hasnt played who has said that (and theres afew who have) then damage done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the only change to districts that is needed is where Trainees and Bronze players should be assigned.

 

Low skill players should be placed in the training district as long as their threat allows.  They should not be assigned the bronze district until they become silver and when they drop back to bronze they should automatically be assigned the trainee district again (they can still freely go to any district if they choose).

 

As for the bronze and silver districts, the threat assignment for these districts should be abolished as they are basically meaningless on Jericho.  There are only 2 active mission districts on Jericho at any given time so they should just have one Waterfront and one Financial.  Open up other districts as needed but not until the population hits max in a specific districts.

 

Dethreating is not an issue.  The issue is player perception and a tiny gaming population.  Silvers threat players are a middle threat rating.  When Silvers go against lower skilled players , they are gold threat, when they go against higher skilled players they become silver again.  This is not dethreating, this is the result of having a population of about 120 players in prime time (Jericho server).  There are not enough players to properly assign same threats so silvers jump back and forth.

 

Actual gold players rarely lose enough threat to drop to silver.  Actual gold players never go to bronze.  Only silver threat players enter bronze because they ping back and forth between silver and gold threat due to this games tiny population.

 

Place Bronze and Trainee players in the Trainee districts and remove threat restrictions for normal action districts.  That is all you can do at this point since our population is tiny.  Then if the games population grows enough it can have specific threat ratings on action districts, change it back, but not until there are enough people to populate two districts in every threat rating.

 

The current system we have is made for a large population.  Why it hasn't changed I am completely baffled at and is 100% on who ever owns the game.

Edited by illgot
  • Thanks 2
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chromaticflight said:

You realize on the console when you get gold it moves u out of the district automatically lol, simple solution that involves 0 effort

i thought console didn’t have visible threat levels at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, illgot said:

Dethreating is not an issue.  The issue is player perception and a tiny gaming population.  Silvers threat players are a middle threat rating.  When Silvers go against lower skilled players , they are gold threat, when they go against higher skilled players they become silver again.  This is not dethreating, this is the result of having a population of about 120 players in prime time (Jericho server).  There are not enough players to properly assign same threats so silvers jump back and forth.

 

Actual gold players rarely lose enough threat to drop to silver.  Actual gold players never go to bronze.  Only silver threat players enter bronze because they ping back and forth between silver and gold threat due to this games tiny population.

Unfortunately, not many are able to comprehend this. This is 100% correct.  There are some exceptions though, namely, when an actual gold-tier player makes a new account and starts in bronze for a quick level up to R40 or so, but they never come back. All rest "golds" in bronze are just decent silvers who just appear to be gold, yet not really being that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bambola said:

Unfortunately, not many are able to comprehend this. This is 100% correct.  There are some exceptions though, namely, when an actual gold-tier player makes a new account and starts in bronze for a quick level up to R40 or so, but they never come back. All rest "golds" in bronze are just decent silvers who just appear to be gold, yet not really being that. 

People like to blame the players but really this is all G1/LO's fault.  There is no need for threat ratings in districts or to have 2 gold/silver/bronze/trainee districts up at once.

 

Bronze and Trainee threat players should also not be pushed into the bronze district where silvers are often found.  Bronze and Trainee threat players should be kept in the Trainee district for as long as possible.

 

Why LO has not changed the current system, even to stave off losing new players who are immediately forced to fight silver rank 255s... just baffling.  I do not care of there will be a new matching system 'later', the change should have happened immediately when LO took over and the longer they wait the more new players they will lose due to poor matchmaking and an ever shrinking population.

 

Edited by illgot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are those legit players who go gold in the bronze dist nobody is arguing on them, its the ones who throw matches just to drop rank so they can tryhard against lesser skilled players thats the issue (OPGL, OSMAW etc etc). This has been a problem ever since threat segregation was mandated and golds were forced into gold only districts back in the day. This is where dethreating started and continues to be a major problem to this day. Threat segregation was such a failure that G1 had to do away with it to curb the dethreating (which it really didnt).

 

It was done away but there was 0 enforcement so ppl have continued to do it to this day, LO actually put it in their rules not to do it and made it banable with 0 results. Neither G1 or LO have stepped up to enforce this and neither have made examples of anyone doing it so ppl get the message to stop. Untill its enforced it will continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

There are those legit players who go gold in the bronze dist nobody is arguing on them, its the ones who throw matches just to drop rank so they can tryhard against lesser skilled players thats the issue (OPGL, OSMAW etc etc). This has been a problem ever since threat segregation was mandated and golds were forced into gold only districts back in the day. This is where dethreating started and continues to be a major problem to this day. Threat segregation was such a failure that G1 had to do away with it to curb the dethreating (which it really didnt).

 

It was done away but there was 0 enforcement so ppl have continued to do it to this day, LO actually put it in their rules not to do it and made it banable with 0 results. Neither G1 or LO have stepped up to enforce this and neither have made examples of anyone doing it so ppl get the message to stop. Untill its enforced it will continue.

I have seen less than 5 people actively dethreating in the last few months.  This is pertains to golds in the silver district are constantly AFKing, refusing to help with the mission and/or intentionally dying and refusing to fight the opposition (running to the opposition to just die repeatedly without fighting back).

 

The rest are players that just give up, the random low golds/silvers pitted against premade gold teams using voice chat.  People who see no way to fight back, no way to win, and completely out matched going AFK happens all the time.  This is not dethreating, this is realizing that the system just matched you way out of your league and there is no point in being cannon fodder.

Edited by illgot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Its extremely rare I play in the main dist at all

Like when you show up in silver district and go SNR only until you drop back down to silver?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Why are you in bronze?

what you mean?

 

trainees/green/bronzes and silvers MUST play in bronze district. And only golds should play in silver district (or in gold district ofc).

 

Edited by Uhtdred

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Realize how he stopped replying since being called out on the hypocrisy? lol

Not everyone spends their entire life just sitting on the forum.

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Not everyone spends their entire life just sitting on the forum.

Care to comment then?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

what person is not new after only 200 hours of APB.....

Well it can be more, it doesn't have to be exact 200h. It's time for the players who been playing for years in bronze to move on to silver servers. When i started playing APB everybody was trying hard to improve and win, now half of the APB population just want easy missions in bronze districts against newbies. I am not saying my suggestion is perfect, but it's a lot better than what we have now

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DeadPixels said:

Well it can be more, it doesn't have to be exact 200h. It's time for the players who been playing for years in bronze to move on to silver servers. When i started playing APB everybody was trying hard to improve and win, now half of the APB population just want easy missions in bronze districts against newbies. I am not saying my suggestion is perfect, but it's a lot better than what we have now

The hope is, phasing will solve this problem.

I dunno if it actually will, but that is the hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

The hope is, phasing will solve this problem.

I dunno if it actually will, but that is the hope.

I hope so too... but if it will force us to play on 120ms servers or something like that it will finally kill the game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...