blockblack

the oldest unfairest exploit in APB.

16 hours ago, Havana said:

Nothing more annoying than when your team follows them.

Only thing worse than that is when the whole team does it in individual cars. 3v3 the enemy is all piled into one vehicle stomping patootie while your team is trying to chase them down on their own steam in civilian vehicles. Running with the item doesn't make me throw missions, but seeing that pathetic little goose chase sure does.

Which leads me to my argument - running with item/carsurfer is not unfair or cheesy but it is highly powerful as in it turns a disorganised team into an organised team which is really one best ways to win at APB - being organised. 

Especially car-surfer because by default it must have 2 people minimum for it to work, a car surfer with no driver is just a moron standing on the roof of a vehicle and a carsurfer driving is just a wasted mod slot. So doing this instantly forces two people to work together which in the world of APB's soloing queuing is a weapon of mass destruction. It enrages the enemy because they can't get organised - this whole thread is people giving advice on how to beat the runners - but all this advice needs the most valuable thing in APB - organisation/teamwork. 

Carsurfer does most of the work of typing "/t hey guys let's team up in a vehicle you drive and I gun." by default - if running is in your blood all you got to do is hop on and it's all good.  Even without carsurfer all you have to do is hop in the passenger seat and help out. That insignificant amount of effort for 2 players is all that it takes and the results don't lie because running itself is not the issue as we've all seen solo runners die very easily because they have no gunner to protect them - the advantages of having a gunner are almost exponential to driving solo so much that I'd say it outweighs any vehicle type and mod you or any rank could throw into the mix to help out a solo driver. 

This and the above scenario is why we should never listen to the crying and nerf carsurfer or change item dynamics or ban item running missions or even that mission where you've got to run with that weird item that's armoured and on wheels with an engine that is meant to move in someway? Like it's a vehicle? And driving/running around with it is somehow the whole fucking purpose of that mission?

And it is the reason why I think they should allow Carsurfer back into the Halloween Event - it makes the teamwork

I know we're all meant to be loner edgelords who have to have master forgive them for spilling blood when we pull out our skills online playing 1vs79 in San Paro but I'll be damned if having 1 match where a team works together doesn't give me a bigger boner than 100 matches of getting MVP with a k-d of 99-0 will ever do.

Running/Carsurfer promotes teamwork and makes it easier for teamwork to happen and those who complain against it are just bad at teamwork and this game should not be patched/nerfed/removed away just cater towards the solo player who is afraid of teamwork. (except when adding PvE, please give me PvE I hate playing with others)

Edited by KnifuWaifu

7 hours ago, illgot said:

the Dog-ear is a bit harder to get as it was only available on Armas

The N-ISSR-B has been available in the Joker store for some time now. 

They should just change car surfer to reflect how people ride in cars normally. Disable it when using a heavy weapon or carrying a heavy object.

On 8/1/2019 at 10:42 PM, Havana said:

half the Silvers and below can't drive.

Sometimes I wonder if they are playing a different  game than I am because they crash into EVERY possible object in the game.

That's my life story, I never get good driving teammates, I think I need Valtteri Bottas in my team.

Im not a fan of running with an item...

However, that blue armas jeep that was out in CBT/OBT used to be sooooo fun to run items with. Too bad they nerfed the trunk size for it, so it could no longer hold medium items, then followed that up with nerfing the acceleration speed of vehicles holding items. But it was fun for a minute haha. Same vehicle was OP to run in when you was VIP also!

0905D7C6D10B14249F6BEA5E3A69A537A504CF7B

^ that jeep!

I want to say it was like 2-3 years before the Guerilla Warfare customizable jeep was released on Armas. Could be mistaken.

Remember when the IO Growl was released? It did not slow down with a hold item or VIP, so G1 fixed it. I don't get why they didn't do the same for the Vegas 4x4 and Coywolf.

Then again, this could be easily fixed if the hold item affected the vehicles top speed instead of the torque. It would even allow low tier vehicles to move the item/vip to a safer location, while still discouraging long distance runs.

You'll still have the push tactic, but I can't come up with a solution that doesn't involve completely reworking every vehicle in game.

Edited by SquirrelFace

11 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

move the item/vip to a safer location

Real gamers stand and fight. 

On 8/1/2019 at 10:42 PM, Havana said:

...half the Silvers and below can't drive.

The majority of people who knows me, always tell me "Do whatever you want, just for God's sake do not drive".

Others intentionally let me drive just to have some good laugh. 

Anyway, they should remove driving and shooting to make this game even more awesome.

There's a difference between bad game design and an exploit. Running at final stage falls into the category of bad game design, it was a concious decision that you would be able to do that and it does not make it an exploit.

There are a number of ways you can counter it but they all require a team that is at least decently aware of what they're doing. You need fast car (preferrably a standard or 4x4 Vegas) and someone driving it. You can use car surfer with ALIG or Osmaw or you can lean out the window of the car with a Dog-ear. I also recommend equipping a blowtorch to repair the car should they shoot back at you.

no one can deny that this method of gameplay is a lot tougher for newer players to counter (unless they've bought legendaries that can counter cars, and even so it's still pretty difficult for them). However I think that once proper mission balancing and further car/weapon reworks should fix this issue.

On 8/1/2019 at 12:59 PM, blockblack said:

[snip] actually a vegas G20 has a trunk that is the size of 5, and large objective is the size of 5 so it still can fit it, [/snip]

Was going to reply back saying something along the lines of "nope, it doesn't fit" cuz it doesn't fit in my 4x4 vegas ..." and then I saw this in Armas :

Mobile Supply Unit - Deploys a Field Supplier but reduces cargo capacity by 3.

All this time and I never realized this.  *sigh*

I don't recall seeing it written in the description of the modifiers that this is an "effect".  Does the mobile spawn have the same cargo capacity reduction?

41 minutes ago, LewdLemming said:

Does the mobile spawn have the same cargo capacity reduction?

no

14 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

no

Thanks for the info.

Guess I'll be changing the load out on a few of my vehicles across my toons.

33 minutes ago, LewdLemming said:

Thanks for the info.

Guess I'll be changing the load out on a few of my vehicles across my toons.

tbh i dont understand why you would use mods without actually knowing what they do

3 hours ago, Glaciers said:

tbh i dont understand why you would use mods without actually knowing what they do

Excuse me sir, can you exlpain how the Mobile Radar Tower works?

SoSC6eY.gif

15 hours ago, Glaciers said:

Cuz I don't recall seeing it written in the description of the mod when it is A) unlocked and / or B) purchased that it reduces cargo capacity.

Entirely possible that I just missed seeing it, of course.

And before anyone points me to the apb:db, not everyone uses it and / or knows about it.