Sayori

Yet another thread about gifting

Is APB really financially stable and generating plenty of revenue to refuse to take more money? If you want less chargebacks just make a requirement both sender and recipient to be friends and sender to be above rank 195, even rank 255 is better than nothing.

People want to spend money but LO has to be like - nope....

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Is APB really financially stable and generating plenty of revenue to refuse to take more money? If you want less chargebacks just make a requirement both sender and recipient to be friends and sender to be above rank 195, even rank 255 is better than nothing.

People want to spend money but LO has to be like - nope....

I do not understand why you think this would prevent enough chargebacks so as to be financially viable. 

20 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I do not understand why you think this would prevent enough chargebacks so as to be financially viable. 

No, I don't think they removed gifting because chargebacks makes them financial unstable.  But guess they don't wanna deal with it.

I think people use dummy accounts to gift things to themselves then chargeback. This will eliminate the issue. And if someone wants to use high rank alt account they better be ready to get banned.

29 minutes ago, Sayori said:

No, I don't think they removed gifting because chargebacks makes them financial unstable.

Thats not what financially viable means.

29 minutes ago, Sayori said:

I think people use dummy accounts to gift things to themselves then chargeback.

Why?

That'd require them to code a new one from scratch, and there's way more important things right now.

Though I still find it hillarious that G1 actually coded something so bad that you could literally ban other people by gifting them a clothing piece for half a dollar and issueing a chargeback on paypal.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Thats not what financially viable means.

Why?

Because the sender gets banned after chargeback,  but the recipient does not. So people use dummy accounts that  are easy to sacrifice.  Or I haven't heard of recipient getting banned. Except the KTTC thing but that was big.

Not many people will throw R195+ under the buss.

To be clear, I was exaggerating about the revenue and the financial stability to convey a joke. But I'm bad at jokes.  

Considering how little they earn from APB it's ridiculous to have gifting disabled. I doubt they are breakeven.

If they have to code something new then they should invest dev resources because they will earn money from it. Unlike RIOT lol

Geez, I just want to gift stuff.

Edited by Sayori

32 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Geez, I just want to gift stuff.

Me too homie... me too.

chargebacks were removed because gifting and then chargebacks resulted in everyone involved getting banned, it was obviously very abuseable and so the whole process was canned

6 hours ago, Sayori said:

No, I don't think they removed gifting because chargebacks makes them financial unstable.  But guess they don't wanna deal with it.

I think people use dummy accounts to gift things to themselves then chargeback. This will eliminate the issue. And if someone wants to use high rank alt account they better be ready to get banned.

or people use stolen credit cards to buy friends or trade for legendaries, then when the stolen card is found out the owner does a charge back.

Are you able to gift steam money?  If so then problem solved, gift the player you want to give something to steam money, then they can use that to buy what they want from Armas.  Then LO is not affected, just the steam accounts.

7 hours ago, Sayori said:

Is APB really financially stable and generating plenty of revenue to refuse to take more money? If you want less chargebacks just make a requirement both sender and recipient to be friends and sender to be above rank 195, even rank 255 is better than nothing. People want to spend money but LO has to be like - nope....

All these people commenting while ignoring this part. Reading is hard, eh guys?

20 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

All these people commenting while ignoring this part. Reading is hard, eh guys?

do you think LO can not track multiple accounts used by the same people?  Rank does not matter.

4 hours ago, illgot said:

do you think LO can not track multiple accounts used by the same people?  Rank does not matter.

If acc doest have atleast 195, he cant send gifts. Which part of Hexerin post you didnt understand?

Without knowing any of the actual details that led to gifting being removed due to chargebacks, there is no real point in suggesting fixes. 

Just proves how horrible the playerbase is.

Just now, Havana said:

Just proves how horrible the playerbase is.

Hardfax

On 7/26/2019 at 8:03 AM, GhosT said:

That'd require them to code a new one from scratch, and there's way more important things right now.

Though I still find it hillarious that G1 actually coded something so bad that you could literally ban other people by gifting them a clothing piece for half a dollar and issueing a chargeback on paypal.

They spent a whole year making a game mode that 100% failed front to back. It would take less than a month to make a Gifting system, dont lie to yourself.

6 hours ago, Ohshii said:

They spent a whole year making a game mode that 100% failed front to back. It would take less than a month to make a Gifting system, dont lie to yourself.

But RIOT was a "testing ground" for them to figure out the game without damaging the core, they said. :P

Can we remember how long it took G1 to implement a gifting system?

Considering how complex APBs code is, I doubt it's a less-than-a-month thing.

Still, even with less than a month, those resources should be used elsewhere and not on a gifting system since everyone has everything already anyways.

Edited by GhosT
anti-emoji measure

On 7/26/2019 at 5:03 PM, GhosT said:

This, just insane to think that you could ban someone by just paying.

2 hours ago, Ketog said:

This, just insane to think that you could ban someone by just paying.

Perhaps they didn't realize how many people would be willing to commit fraud. 

16 hours ago, GhosT said:

But RIOT was a "testing ground" for them to figure out the game without damaging the core, they said. 😛

Can we remember how long it took G1 to implement a gifting system?

Considering how complex APBs code is, I doubt it's a less-than-a-month thing.

Still, even with less than a month, those resources should be used elsewhere and not on a gifting system since everyone has everything already anyways.

G1 had no in-house coders. They had to send their shit to Korea to have it done, then wait for them to send it back. QA it, resend, wait, etc. It's the exact same process all KR gaming companies do.

LO has guys in the same building as them in California that can do it. So yes, it is a less-than-a-month thing. It's a less than a week thing if they tried. There's coders who are just players who can do it in a day or two. With all the free cheats and modifications for this game, certainly you can probably name a few of those programmers yourself.

33 minutes ago, Ohshii said:

G1 had no in-house coders. They had to send their shit to Korea to have it done, then wait for them to send it back. QA it, resend, wait, etc. It's the exact same process all KR gaming companies do.

????

considering we still have at least 2 coders on staff that were also present throughout almost all of g1, what are you talking about?

52 minutes ago, Ohshii said:

?? ¿¿

G1 always had in-house coders. Hell we still have one or two of them with LO now.

do people just not paypal each other money anymore? if someone wants to gift you something why not just have them send you money? problem solved

Edited by Deftonez
error

Best way to handle that is to ban the gifting account if they manage to chargeback and simply take away the item from the gift receiver's account.

I dunno if APB is too complicated for this to be done easily/automatically at this state but for future purposes, I believe that this is the way to go.