Kewlin

The Death of Legendaries and APB's Economy?

1 hour ago, BuggedOut said:

Make the mods currently accessible only by Legendary use accessible on vendors.

that’s a bad idea imo

some mods wouldn’t really have any adverse affects like 3point sight or the duck tagger, but i wouldn’t really enjoy seeing piercing or mechanical choke on every other gun

Removing the ability to sell legendaries is hilarious.

If they're going to do something as dumb as that, at the very least create a trading system instead.

1 minute ago, Pedroxin said:

not exactly, there's no way to earn jmbs through in-game currency and opening them does not require payment. 

There would need to be quite a bit of strategizing to dictate which boxes should be opened by keys, and which ones without. Also taking into consideration the previous system and the worth of those legendaries.

I managed to get a lot of legendaries with ingame money over the past few years (30+). It would be dreadful if those legendaries became untradable since they where aquired with the intention that they could be sold on marketplace or for a friend to borrow. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has the same problem. However, I do not mind buying new Joker boxes, knowing that they would not be tradable. So the bottom line is that I think old legendaries should remain as they are, new once can be character/account bound.

The old Innova (4game) already had a simular thing in place: most JB legendaries where character and just a few where tradable. This led to overpriced ingame marketplace prices tho.

Edited by Spy
typo

just make legendaries a random mission unlock and set the price stupid high, that way joker boxes become the same “pay to skip” that the rest of armas is

just make legendaries a random mission unlock and set the price stupid high, that way joker boxes become the same “pay to skip” that the rest of armas is

If and when these "laws" go into effect they should turn all current legendary weapons into legacy versions and remain tradable imo. They can then revamp the JMB with new untradable versions and go from there.

Personally I think all legendaries should be obtainable in game whether it be insanely overpriced in APB$ or through the Joker ticket system.

A good idea would be to make legendary weapons straight up buyable rather than a gamble, and keep them tradable.

Sure it might make the economy stale, but then itll at least still have the option of trades, buying and selling, and other things you said in your post.

• Like 1

IF Im getting this right, all the gold or gambling box weapons will be off the marketplace? So how else will we be able to get these varieties? Wont that literally be pay2win since you cant get those, permanent and not temporary, weapons?

I think this thread is 3 pages of misinterpreting what Matt was trying to convey. He was talking about using in-game items to trade for real world money for which there is no third party website or alternative in game that allows a transaction like that to happen. Games like CS:GO and H1Z1, PUBG etc have those systems where you can sell your in-game items that you've earned to someone for real world cash. Matt wants to prevent that from happening, which is currently the way it is right now, which means it's fine the way it is. 

On a sort of related note, I don't think I've ever gotten a legendary out of anything that wasn't a Joker Power box lately. Standard Joker mystery boxes don't seem to give me anything. 

• Thanks 1

LOL, i mean this is really gg. Free to play ppl will really have a reason to cry p2w.

This is honestly dumb.

It will go down quicker... heh.

Edited by Ken2

Matt said that there is that problem with "gambling" when stuff from rng boxes is tradable.

But doesn't that only really apply to boxes which content you can resell for REAL money? (like steam market)

Since you buy JMBs with real money, and then trade it ingame for "ingame money", which you can't convert to "real money" it might be fine.

Edited by Tysa

Marketplace is the last thing keeps me here. If there would be nothing to spend millions on, im out.

Edited by Gro